• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: May 21, 2006
4.2

1. MikeD
    May 22, 2006
    It stinks, but the first installment was fun to watch. The players will be laughing all the way to the bank. Oh - how did they manage to keep the lights on in Vegas after the electricity source - the generating facilities at Hoover Dam - were washed away in the dam collapse? Oh, well, why let logic intrude on the stupidity of it all.
  2. Jim
    May 24, 2006
    I thought computer graphics were better these days. The only reason why I watched it was because Tony Almeida was in it. The lines were so cheesy that I almost thought it was a comedy rather than an action film.
  3. KevG.
    Apr 5, 2008
    As a soon to be scientist, I get easily appauled at the lack of research into the believability. However with movies like "10.5" I can ignore that aspect and enjoy what would be an awesome event to witness. However, as much as this sequel entertained, I spent more time in confusion and disbelief than in blissful entertainment. Killing off the only sane character, missing other characters, As a soon to be scientist, I get easily appauled at the lack of research into the believability. However with movies like "10.5" I can ignore that aspect and enjoy what would be an awesome event to witness. However, as much as this sequel entertained, I spent more time in confusion and disbelief than in blissful entertainment. Killing off the only sane character, missing other characters, that all pales in comparison to the almost forced disregard for any kind of scientific knowledge, starting with 10.5's suggestion that the San Andreas fault (which runs from the Gulf of California to San Fran) would rupture Sanata Monica for no reason, to the tsunami reaching at least 40 feet tall on the open water... and a faultline right in the middle of the continent (instead of teh more realisitic New Madrid faultline) was nothing short of utter chaos!! Pretty dissappointing, only think I liked was the effects and the global view at the end. Expand
    May 20, 2006
    Not only is this concept absurd, the representation of the effects of a quake is laughable.
  5. JACKIEH
    May 22, 2006
    I am not a tv watcher, however I found this movie to be one that has caught my attention and I am enjoying watching it.
  6. deea
    May 24, 2006
    Soooooo bad it was a hoot. & what happened to Kim's face? Injections or weight gain?
  7. JamesA
    May 29, 2006
    The fact that there is no sex or violence isn't why people don't like this show. People like myself don't like this show because it's a disgusting pile of s***. 'Nuff said.
  8. Sam
    May 30, 2006
    It's sad in a disaster movie (or in this case, a "TV" disaster movie, Brilliant!) when the real disaster is the movie. It's true, we have a disaster movie so horrid that it makes "Asteroid" look like a classic.
  9. SherryW
    Jun 3, 2006
    I really enjoyed the show and hope to see it again.
  10. David
    Jun 3, 2006
    If you like watching various parts of the US explode randomly, bad sfx, horrid acting and dialogue, a plot written by a third-grader, and lame pseudo-science, then this mini-series is for you!
  11. PhillipMJ
    Jun 7, 2006
    It's a brilliant drama with loads of action well worth watching. I can't wait for part two tonight.
  12. DaleH
    May 11, 2007
    Actually, it was pretty hilarious.
  13. SamG
    May 24, 2009
    I rated this as a 2 since the camera work ruined it. It seemed as if it could have been a good movie, except the zoom in, zoom out was horrible; it was not natural. No one ever moves in then moves out when talking to someone. The first time this movie came out, I stopped watching it after 15 minutes. That was all the time I could bear with that camera work. It was making me sick.
  14. JimB
    Jun 15, 2009
    This movie was on rerun last evening. Watched it with the girlfriend. We had such a great time watching this complete train wreck. She thought it important to wrestle me down every time I talked over the dialog commenting about the implausibility of events. This happened about every minute or so. She admonished me to be quiet so she could listen to the riveting story. I just loved the This movie was on rerun last evening. Watched it with the girlfriend. We had such a great time watching this complete train wreck. She thought it important to wrestle me down every time I talked over the dialog commenting about the implausibility of events. This happened about every minute or so. She admonished me to be quiet so she could listen to the riveting story. I just loved the fact that you can reroute a moving fault line by blowing up a gas field. Expand
  15. HaroldM
    May 21, 2006
    Views should either keep track of the disaster-movie cliche's or the number of scientific impossibilities.
  16. BillC
    May 21, 2006
    Dead air would have been more entertaining. I was forced to channel surf for commercials.
  17. AJMurray
    May 21, 2006
    Awful script, terrible acting (Jeff Bridges looks like he's soiling himself throughout), absurd premise. Stabilize the San Andreas fault by setting off a string of warheads - now there's a plan! Utter crap.
  18. arlenew
    May 22, 2006
    i think it was one of the best movies of all times and it had real good special effects ..i would tell all of my friends this is a must see movie
  19. JoeK
    May 22, 2006
    This movie so far has had nothing but bad reports that I feel out of place in saying that I am enjoying it so far! Maybe it's the LACK of filthy language and sex that is putting people off. Shame on them. It's about time we had something watchable, no matter how outrageous or corny it may be!
  20. MelTorme
    May 22, 2006
    it's just so crappy you have to watch it
  21. GregH
    May 22, 2006
    There's a problem with having a sequal two years after a "part 1"... the actors have eaten bags of hohos in the meantime. 10.5 part 2 supposedly takes place within hours of part 1, yet no one can explain how the charactors played by Delaney and Cubitt have mysteriously gained about 15 pounds each - within hours. The actress who plays the Presidents daughter (she's so bad her There's a problem with having a sequal two years after a "part 1"... the actors have eaten bags of hohos in the meantime. 10.5 part 2 supposedly takes place within hours of part 1, yet no one can explain how the charactors played by Delaney and Cubitt have mysteriously gained about 15 pounds each - within hours. The actress who plays the Presidents daughter (she's so bad her name eludes me) - my god, how can anyone act this badly and be allowed in front of a TV? She looks like she's about to have a nervous breakdown with each line she reads. The last "oh geez" moment is when Cubitt's charactor decides to get himself killed by hovering no more than 6 inches above boiling water behind a dam, oh, and then hovering 2 feet *in front of* that dam that 's about to burst. Cheeeeeseyyyyyyyy! Expand
  22. CherylH
    May 23, 2006
    I would love to have this movie on DVD when will it be available?
  23. AdamW
    May 23, 2006
    Horrible... the special effects are awful, the scences aren't realistic (e.g., King's Peak in Utah is WAY above the timberline), the acting is pitiful, and the screenplay is garbage. This is Le Bad Cinema!
  24. georger
    May 23, 2006
    such a disappointment. Good actors, terrible acting. Don't intend to watch the second part. Too bad NBC!
  25. PeggyM
    May 23, 2006
    This movie is one of the best unintentional comedies I have ever seen. Love the scene in the first part where the woman from FEMA, trying to prove her FEMAness after being dissed by the man, tells the guys in truck COME ON, lets get this truck unloaded. Evidenly they were all sitting around in a disaster area with their fingers up their behind wondering "duuuuh what do we do with these This movie is one of the best unintentional comedies I have ever seen. Love the scene in the first part where the woman from FEMA, trying to prove her FEMAness after being dissed by the man, tells the guys in truck COME ON, lets get this truck unloaded. Evidenly they were all sitting around in a disaster area with their fingers up their behind wondering "duuuuh what do we do with these vital emergency supplies? Leave them on the truck?" I almost gave this film a ten for it's humor value Expand
  26. Kelly
    May 23, 2006
    The most amazingly awful aacting, storyline and dialogue I've ever had to suufer through. And yea, I actually started laughing at the utter absurdity of the entire production. This really could be classified as a dark comedy!
  27. Elijah
    May 23, 2006
    Well pretty much anyone who has even watched five minutes of this show knows it's awful in every sense of the word. But it also falls under the category, at certain times, of being so bad it's good. The story is cliche ridden and predictable as it gets. The acting is hilariously awful and the special effects pathetic. These filler shows like Bird Flu and 10.5 Apocalypse are Well pretty much anyone who has even watched five minutes of this show knows it's awful in every sense of the word. But it also falls under the category, at certain times, of being so bad it's good. The story is cliche ridden and predictable as it gets. The acting is hilariously awful and the special effects pathetic. These filler shows like Bird Flu and 10.5 Apocalypse are making the networks look pretty stupid. Expand
  28. BryenF
    May 23, 2006
    It was Ok, Alot of mistakes that were very easy to catch. Like how did the news get the picture of the wall of water coming down the vally if the chopper was destroyed befor that. And on every map they forgot to show that Calafornia was now cut off from the rest of the U.S. Also in the first movie the fissure chased the train. At first it was beleivable untill the train went around a It was Ok, Alot of mistakes that were very easy to catch. Like how did the news get the picture of the wall of water coming down the vally if the chopper was destroyed befor that. And on every map they forgot to show that Calafornia was now cut off from the rest of the U.S. Also in the first movie the fissure chased the train. At first it was beleivable untill the train went around a corner. Then as soon as the train fell in the fissure stopped. Expand
  29. MIchaelC
    The film
  30. VincentD
    May 24, 2006
    Enjoyed the realistic protrayal of real geological phen0menon that occur on our earth over the many millenium
  31. STEVEG
    mostly a big bore.
  32. SharaeM
    Jun 21, 2006
    I watched the first 10.5 , which needless to say prompted my watching of the second one. Excuse me if I'm not one of the "nit picky" people that focus on the "believeability " of anything due to the special effects or what errors there may have been in the camera-work. I enjoyed it and at the same time it heighted my awareness to something that is not "out of the question". Anything I watched the first 10.5 , which needless to say prompted my watching of the second one. Excuse me if I'm not one of the "nit picky" people that focus on the "believeability " of anything due to the special effects or what errors there may have been in the camera-work. I enjoyed it and at the same time it heighted my awareness to something that is not "out of the question". Anything can happen, and it can happen here. I remember Mount St.Helens. Expand
  33. DJ
    Jun 8, 2006
    Cliched, hackneyed and full of bad acting, but still an entertaining way to pass a few hours.
  34. Auslan
    Nov 19, 2006
    I am a big fan of the cheesy USA produced disaster movie; no matter how bad I will watch anything with tidal waves; volcanos; earthquakes etc. Yet even I had to record this piece of utter crap: then i just fastforwarded it to the juicy bits (e.g. the woefully impossible special effects). I am always prepared to suspend belief; but this one required a quantum leap to sub-moronic level. I am a big fan of the cheesy USA produced disaster movie; no matter how bad I will watch anything with tidal waves; volcanos; earthquakes etc. Yet even I had to record this piece of utter crap: then i just fastforwarded it to the juicy bits (e.g. the woefully impossible special effects). I am always prepared to suspend belief; but this one required a quantum leap to sub-moronic level. Without doubt THE WORST I have ever seen. Expand
  35. troys
    May 22, 2006
    it was the best tv show i ever saw
  36. BrentW
    May 22, 2006
    I wish some critics would look beyond the first layer and dive deep into what is being said. This movie has a lot of truth and if you would read in the bible you might see some similarties into what these therories are representing. I think the acting is well done and that the way it is shown on screen is so different it is refreshing to watch. I think more movies should be made like I wish some critics would look beyond the first layer and dive deep into what is being said. This movie has a lot of truth and if you would read in the bible you might see some similarties into what these therories are representing. I think the acting is well done and that the way it is shown on screen is so different it is refreshing to watch. I think more movies should be made like these. Sometimes I think critics are to harsh and scared to admit that there is truth in this movie that may hit too close to home or the heart. Expand
  37. LucyM
    May 24, 2006
    So bad it was enjoyable.
  38. ScottH
    May 24, 2006
    Awful acting. Filled with flaws. Unbeleievable scenes, such as the senior geologist telling the army explosives expert where to place the charge on the gas lines. There was also scene steeling from othe movies, like the debat between the geologist and the casino employee on which way to best get out of the casino, up or down...can you say "Poseidon?"
  39. BrettJ
    May 24, 2006
    I want one of those 1400/mph choppers so I can hop off to N. Dakota or Texas like I'm going out to the 7/11.
  40. angelat
    May 25, 2006
    As far as TV productions go...........this is top rate!
  41. DavidH
    May 25, 2006
    I gave it a high rating since i liked action and suspence. kind of remind me of another show called "lost" which is on another network. I hoped that this show could be made into a series. but that all depends on all those who watched it and their ratings. and will it be dvd.
  42. Eve006.75
    Jun 13, 2006
    The zrelentless zoom in and out camera work is overdone and makes me dizzy to watch. The acting is so OTT it's laughable.
  43. LorraineT
    Jul 26, 2009
    The zoom in and zoom out made me ill. If anyone wants to ruin his or her career, follow what this director did to this movie.

1. The four-hour project was written and directed by John Lafia, who managed to find new and creative ways to turn every scene into a cliche and get a cringe from every line of dialogue.
    The sheer brazenness of its borrowed trashiness makes it oddly watchable.
  3. "10.5: Apocalypse," is visually dazzling, relentlessly hysterical and also a sequel, which means that most viewers sitting down to watch it know what they're getting into. That should damp down any untoward expectations -- the appearance of a believable character, for instance, or piece of dialogue, neither of which, be assured, is to be found here.