• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Dec 17, 2012
  • Season #: 1
5.4

1. May 8, 2013
    Very funny show. They stick together as a family. We look forward to watching it each week. It has a similar dynamic as Modern Family, with The White House and the Presidency as the backdrop. The characters are all like-able, with the oldest son providing the funniest lines as he always tries to help, but ends up doing so in some way other than he intended.
  2. Mar 22, 2013
    I really went into this show to be bad going in. The previews looked meh at best, and the concept didn't seem that interesting, but surprisingly it has been really funny. Argueably one of the funniest shows on network TV right now in fact. At first I thought it was just because my expectations were so low, but we went back and watched all the episodes we had missed and they were all funny.
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a really great premise for the show and it's only going to get better. Really fun characters. Skip is such a weird, bull in a china shop to have as the lead -- I'm excited for more episodes!!!
  4. Dec 19, 2012
    This show is hilarious! Great cast, great writing, a real breath of fresh air amid a struggling NBC comedy lineup. The pilot had my whole family laughing out loud, and I can't wait to see the rest of the season once it premieres in January.
  5. Dec 18, 2012
    after a long drawn out unsuccessful run of comedy's and sitcom's, NBC has finally scooped a frozen bit of ice cream out of an oven!!!! 1600 Penn is amazing show can't wait until the season starts!

1. Reviewed by: Bruce Miller
    May 29, 2013
    Cute, initially, the bull-in-a-china-shop premise wears a little thin until you realize there are others in the family capable of embarrassing dad, too.
  2. Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    Jan 11, 2013
    All in all, Skip, an unkempt ball of puppyish energy to whom the writers feed a wealth of good material, is by far the best thing about this show. Jenna Elfman is all right as first lady and the rest of the cast hovers around the edges not making much of an impression.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Jan 10, 2013
    The broad comedy in 1600 Penn derives from familiar sitcom clich├ęs being magnified by the Oval Office fishbowl. It's a gimmick that may have trouble holding up to a second term, though the cast is certainly game.