2 Broke Girls : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 19, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
7.9

1. Oct 11, 2012
    The first season, to me, was a mixed bag. It started out not very strong, not using the potential that was there. Luckily, the second half of the show was better, giving us some interesting plots and funny moments.
    I hoped they could take that verve to the second season, but having seen three episodes, I must say that I'm disappointed.
    They have even more characters in the show now than
    They have even more characters in the show now than at the beginning of the first season, but they don't really know what to do with them.
    Instead of developing the characters, the show currently relies a lot on oneliners, many of them could come up in any sitcom.
    It all feels very played out even though it's just season 2. Most of the characters are still one note.
    How about coming up with more backstory for Max and Caroline? You can always introduce some people from Max's and Caroline's past. Family issues are always good material for comedy. Instead we get Caroline's father in jail giving us some "heartfelt" moments.
    What I find odd is that we still know hardly anything about Max, even though she's one of the leads. Why is that? There are four more regulars in the show and only half of them have something to do.
    That plot arc with Oleg and Sophie was ok, but it now feels stale. He's horny and she's a tramp, we get it.
    Han Lee, the owner of the diner isn't an interesting character and it feels like there is almost no use for him. The worst thing, I must say, is what they did with Garret Morris. Why is he in this show? Just to have someone of color present? Ok, if he needs the money, keep him in the show by all means, but give the man something to do! It's depressing seeing him sit there and having about 2 lines per episode. He deserves better!
    All in all, the show has the potential, but it needs better writing and fresh ideas. For now, it's not enough to call it a good show.
  2. Sep 23, 2014
    The Wantonly Queer (tm) agenda propagandizing made this season difficult to find acceptable watchable show instances.

#WantonlyQueer

2 Broke Girls would be a 9 if the humor would be other than base.
  3. May 4, 2015
    While the first season was still enjoyable until they introduced Sophie as a character, the second season dug its own grave by having her appear in every single episode. If it weren't for Sophie, I'd probably give Season 3 a shot, but at this point I'm probably better off looking for something else.

Moreover, the girls' making fun of Han for being short stopped being funny after the third time they did it. I know sitcoms need running gags, but this one is just unnecessary.

All in all, season 2 is enjoyable if you like Sophie and pretty much a gamble if you don't. I was able to bear with her being in every episode until the season finale where she proved once and for all that her incessant appearances are going to ruin the show for me, so this is where I stop.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 1, 2012
    The endless sex jokes, most of them uttered expertly by deadpan Dennings to bubbly Behrs, are a pain. [12 Nov 2012, p.45]