2 Broke Girls : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 19, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6
7.6

1. Sep 21, 2011
    I admit the brunette is very much like a younger version of my old roommate, so that felt real enough. But thank god I'm not an actor otherwise I'd have to constantly be an ethnic stereotype in order to live (and that's a little sad to me). The handful of sitcoms I normally watch aren't the standard/archaic format (Wilfred, Curb your Enthusiasm, Always Sunny), so I was instantly annoyedI admit the brunette is very much like a younger version of my old roommate, so that felt real enough. But thank god I'm not an actor otherwise I'd have to constantly be an ethnic stereotype in order to live (and that's a little sad to me). The handful of sitcoms I normally watch aren't the standard/archaic format (Wilfred, Curb your Enthusiasm, Always Sunny), so I was instantly annoyed by the pace and the laugh track. I want to like it, but that's just not enough to call it good. Ultimately, it's not something I'll keep watching when there's so many other things to see an not much time to do it in. I've already lowered my standards on a couple other mid-range shows so this one's not going to make the cut. 5/10 because the writing had some snap and the brunette is fun to watch. Expand
  2. Sep 20, 2011
    Watched a four minute trailer of the pilot last week on YouTube. It was great. And as it happened to turn out, it also contained every funny joke from the entire pilot. This show has the potential to get a lot better if they can tighten up the writing. There's chemistry between the two leads and they're both fun characters in the classic Laverne and Shirley mode. Having them needingWatched a four minute trailer of the pilot last week on YouTube. It was great. And as it happened to turn out, it also contained every funny joke from the entire pilot. This show has the potential to get a lot better if they can tighten up the writing. There's chemistry between the two leads and they're both fun characters in the classic Laverne and Shirley mode. Having them needing to save money for a cupcake business and showing the accumulated tally at the end of the episode seems like a fun little hook. Curious to see how this storyline plays out. However, the supporting characters are thin racial stereotypes who provided zero laughs (for me, at least.) That said, I'll keep watching for now, especially since the few new sitcoms that have premiered so far this year have been so lackluster. (Sorry NBC.) I'd love to see a multi-camera sitcom with the wit and intelligence of Modern Family. This isn't it. But here's hoping it can close the gap. Expand
  3. Oct 25, 2011
    Going for every obvious joke in the book, the first season of Two Broke Girls provides light entertainment, but nothing more. Two charismatic lead actresses are the main advantage of an otherwise mediocre show which cannot hope to match established comedies like How I Met Your Mother or The Big Bang Theory, and even if it closely trumps Two And A Half Men, it is far from being a must-see show.
  4. Dec 15, 2011
    This show could be so much better than it is. But unfortunately it just isn't. The two leads do a good job with what they are given, and have great chemistry. But unfortunately, the jokes are ALL about hipsters (outdated), and sex. Also, the laugh track is PAINFUL and as outdated as the hipster jokes.
  5. Feb 3, 2012
    This show is ok but once after 10 minutes the show goes downhill i kinda like it but its awful dont watch this show if u dont want to wast ur time.....
  6. Jun 13, 2013
    My girlfriend likes this show, and as a result I've seen several episodes. It's not bad, but many of the jokes feel forced and the laugh track is overused. Coupled with the fact that the blonde is a Paris Hilton clone with less intelligence, and the whole show comes off as more annoying than funny.
  7. Feb 10, 2013
    If you are thinking in starting to watch 2 Broke Girls, please be aware. It's more of the same, laugh-tracked multi-camera sitcom. It giggles? Sometimes. But never entertains.
  8. Nov 19, 2015
    I am at the 4th episode and.... I'm asking myself.....Is that acting today ?

I'll give it to them...They are trying hard, but........ Where are the Friends,,,The Will and Grace....the How I met your mother.....the Frazier and.... Seinfeld...... Threes company....of today....

Is this a try to make a new Laverne and Shirley ? It's poor really.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Dec 8, 2011
    There's so much potential here it kills me--a deep female friendship, raw humor about class, and a show that puts young women's sexuality dead center, rather than using it as visual spice, as in some cable series about bad-boy antiheroes.
  2. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Oct 14, 2011
    It promises to be a journey that should draw plenty of viewers.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Sep 20, 2011
    It could be that, like a lot of sitcom pilots, Broke Girls is trying too hard. But when the jokes work, they're funny, so there's hope.