24: Live Another Day

• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: May 5, 2014
8.7

1. Sep 21, 2014
    When 24 started back in the early 90's it was fresh original and well made, slowly as the seasons progressed the shows quality regressed, finally it ended, after 8 uneven seasons I no longer had force myself to watch this once great show out of some sort of misguided loyalty.

For some reason(clearly to milk the cash cow) they brought it back, I wonder if it will reinvent itself I thought, hoping it would get back to some sort of quality TV, Boy was I wrong, 24 - Live Another Day is one of the worst written TV series I have ever seen, Terrible doesn't even begin to describe how bad it is.

If you loved the early seasons of 24, then noticed the drastic decline in quality, I would say avoid this tripe, but hey, make your own kind of music.
  2. May 8, 2014
    I wrote it too Season 1: 24, the mother of all ADHD TV series. From the first to the last season, completely irrational story. The second by second turns of phrase just laughable. And yet with a totally hyped and unsympathetic Kiefer Sutherland and many other bad amateur actors.
  3. Nov 3, 2014
    Allowed myself to look forward to the return of 24 despite the fact that the final few seasons were stale and predictable ( and that's being kind.) I actually enjoyed the pilot episode of Live Another Day but it soon morphed into the same old formulaic 24, completely devoid of anything fresh or interesting. If a viewer can't see the coming plot twist a mile away, there's no hope for them.Allowed myself to look forward to the return of 24 despite the fact that the final few seasons were stale and predictable ( and that's being kind.) I actually enjoyed the pilot episode of Live Another Day but it soon morphed into the same old formulaic 24, completely devoid of anything fresh or interesting. If a viewer can't see the coming plot twist a mile away, there's no hope for them. The best thing about 24 coming back is that it keep Kiefer Sutherland employed, the one most one dimensional actor on the planet. Expand
  4. Jan 11, 2015
    I used to be a fan of 24, during the first three seasons. It was a show that really kept you wanting for more. But there is just that much saving the world that even a super-agent can do. Once they got rid of the tiresome Nina plot, they had not much left to do. Jack fought against Middle-Eastern, Russians, Chinese, Mexican and internal threats. He managed to divert deadly viruses, atomicI used to be a fan of 24, during the first three seasons. It was a show that really kept you wanting for more. But there is just that much saving the world that even a super-agent can do. Once they got rid of the tiresome Nina plot, they had not much left to do. Jack fought against Middle-Eastern, Russians, Chinese, Mexican and internal threats. He managed to divert deadly viruses, atomic attacks and president assassinations more than once.

At the same time, everybody around him started to drop dead. While it made the show more interesting (nobody “sacred”). it also diluted the interest, because there was no more character development, except Bauer’s, who is stuck into tormented super-hero mood.

This last installment is basically Jack against everybody. The only surviving “friend”, weird Chloe, is also on the verge of being deleted, former lover Audrey and her father survived much too long and everything around Bauer is burnt ground. In this installment we have the full Monty: Middle-Eastern, Russians, Chinese AND the usual internal mole. Only the Mexicans are absent. Much too much.

1. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    May 5, 2014
    It’s a fast-moving trip down memory lane featuring lots of familiar faces, such as computer hacker Chloe (Mary Lynn Rajskub) in full “Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” mode, plus some intriguing new villains.
  2. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    May 5, 2014
    In the new miniseries’ opening installments, 24 makes some half-hearted efforts to contend with its own legacy.
  3. Reviewed by: Sarah Rodman
    May 5, 2014
    There are promising signs of life in the first two hours of the new series, which take place between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. in London.