• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: May 5, 2014
  • Season #: 9
8.5

1. Dec 2, 2014
    Loved Jack Bower, better know as Keafer Sutherland forgive any misspelled names my auto correct keeps changing on me all the time...I've seen all the 24 series loved them all...
    I'm a personnel friend of his. I don't think he in the mood lately to chat as he busy on his next project.
    Which I not a liberty to say right now...
  2. Nov 3, 2014
    Allowed myself to look forward to the return of 24 despite the fact that the final few seasons were stale and predictable ( and that's being kind.) I actually enjoyed the pilot episode of Live Another Day but it soon morphed into the same old formulaic 24, completely devoid of anything fresh or interesting. If a viewer can't see the coming plot twist a mile away, there's no hope for them.Allowed myself to look forward to the return of 24 despite the fact that the final few seasons were stale and predictable ( and that's being kind.) I actually enjoyed the pilot episode of Live Another Day but it soon morphed into the same old formulaic 24, completely devoid of anything fresh or interesting. If a viewer can't see the coming plot twist a mile away, there's no hope for them. The best thing about 24 coming back is that it keep Kiefer Sutherland employed, the one most one dimensional actor on the planet. Expand
  3. Nov 1, 2014
    Oh honey, you know I want to like you. But why did you have to bring the "24" tag line along with you--not to mention the sheer awfulness that "24" did possess? All I have to say is 'meh', just 'meh'.
  4. Oct 30, 2014
    After a four year absence 24 is back and nothing much has really changed. Many of the issues that affected later seasons in particular (from moles inside the government to people putting their personal issues ahead of anything else) are still to be found here, even if they are mitigated slightly by the fact that this season has twelve, rather than the usual twenty-four episodes.

After a

After a slowish start however Live Another Day really hits top gear and makes for fantastically exciting viewing with all the gun fights, car chases, plot twists and cliff-hangers fans have come to expect. The show may not be as ground breaking as it once was but it great to have Jack back on our screens.
  5. Oct 22, 2014
    The "24" series, in my opinion is the BEST series that ever hit tv. I cannot say enough about it. The characters, the charters of the character. the plots, the ethics, the realism of humanity, the idealism of people, the portrayals of human strengths & their weakness without using figurative superhuman figures ie: spiderman / superman & the like, maturity and even (for the type of show)The "24" series, in my opinion is the BEST series that ever hit tv. I cannot say enough about it. The characters, the charters of the character. the plots, the ethics, the realism of humanity, the idealism of people, the portrayals of human strengths & their weakness without using figurative superhuman figures ie: spiderman / superman & the like, maturity and even (for the type of show) the cleanliness of language & programing. It is my hope that Kiefer Sutherland and Fox get a clear understanding from the viewers that we want it and that they make it the longest running series EVER. HINT: i should have at least another 40 years left for tv viewing. This show has always & still, builds up in me inspiration-(In Real Time) instills within me the desire to be all that i can be, To make a difference in this world for the right moral honest ethical reasons -(In Real Time). With the understanding that we live in an imperfect word and we are imperfect people. I hold Kiefer in high regard in his talent and ability to portray his character (Jack Bauer) in such an inspiring depiction of an honorable man in an imposable situation and the turmoil & pain he must live with.

These are MY sincere thoughts on this show.
    This is the most i could say in the least amount of words
    Michael Wheat
  6. Sep 21, 2014
    When 24 started back in the early 90's it was fresh original and well made, slowly as the seasons progressed the shows quality regressed, finally it ended, after 8 uneven seasons I no longer had force myself to watch this once great show out of some sort of misguided loyalty.

For some reason(clearly to milk the cash cow) they brought it back, I wonder if it will reinvent itself I thought, hoping it would get back to some sort of quality TV, Boy was I wrong, 24 - Live Another Day is one of the worst written TV series I have ever seen, Terrible doesn't even begin to describe how bad it is.

If you loved the early seasons of 24, then noticed the drastic decline in quality, I would say avoid this tripe, but hey, make your own kind of music.
  7. Aug 30, 2014
    sensational! Bauer this very well and the amazing plot! Probably there may be a new movie or new season. Surely there is no TV series that has a policy and international security, counterterrorism more engaging and exciting than 24 plot.
  8. Aug 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was really excited when 24 was making a return. The series has been one of my favorite TV shows ever. This season was set in London, a welcome surprise. The season actually started a little slow and it was really nothing special. It was rather predictable and a lot more realistic. As a series, 24 doesn't care for a sense of realism. ItThis review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was really excited when 24 was making a return. The series has been one of my favorite TV shows ever. This season was set in London, a welcome surprise. The season actually started a little slow and it was really nothing special. It was rather predictable and a lot more realistic. As a series, 24 doesn't care for a sense of realism. It wasn't crazy and that was a little disappointing. In 24, we want craziness to occur all the time. Jack Bauer continues to kick ass like he has always done. The season brought another good character, Kate Morgan. She's basically the female Jack Bauer. It was nice seeing James Heller again. One again, I really did not care for Audrey. We all knew she would die in this season. It just had to happen. The season had a pretty good villain, but she was not intimidating. She was just crazy. I was so happy sheshe got thrown out the window. This season didn't have as many twists and turns like prior seasons. Cheng returns at the end, but we all knew he was coming back. I wish Tony would come back, that would have been better. James Heller had one of the best dialogues ever in 24 in the finale. At the end, the Russians get Jack after he gives himself up. A nice ending to the season. I do think the show will get renewed and get another season. Expand
  9. Jul 20, 2014
    The great thing about this show is that Jack doesn't put up with any crap from anyone. This season, there was less action than in past seasons but it was still very good and I sure hope another season comes back with him escaping from Russia and creating some havoc again. So glad the character of his former love interest (President's daughter) did not make it through this season. I neverThe great thing about this show is that Jack doesn't put up with any crap from anyone. This season, there was less action than in past seasons but it was still very good and I sure hope another season comes back with him escaping from Russia and creating some havoc again. So glad the character of his former love interest (President's daughter) did not make it through this season. I never liked that actress as his love interest. But the new female Jack character was excellent. A great balance. Hope the next season returns soon! Expand
  10. Jul 11, 2014
    Kiefer is on top top form. The writers are on top form. Loving what they are doing with chloe's character, she is actually my favourite. The new blond girl from Dexter is proving to be a welcomed addition to the 24 team. I love the London scenes, being from london its a great honour to watch my hero's bouncing around the city. Its exciting, its action packed, the storey twists so nice, itsKiefer is on top top form. The writers are on top form. Loving what they are doing with chloe's character, she is actually my favourite. The new blond girl from Dexter is proving to be a welcomed addition to the 24 team. I love the London scenes, being from london its a great honour to watch my hero's bouncing around the city. Its exciting, its action packed, the storey twists so nice, its perfect it really is. My life is complete with a bit of 24 slapped on the top. Wohooo!!!!!! Expand
  11. Jul 8, 2014
    I've loved all the 24 series. It's a top 5 TV Show ever made and the Jack Bauer character is so perfect in every flawed way. This season's storylines and plot twists are great. The only downsize is the lack of more over-the-top violence or torture, as I've become accustomed to. Also, Jack never really getting shot/hurt/injured is a disappointment with 1,000+ bullets having been shot at himI've loved all the 24 series. It's a top 5 TV Show ever made and the Jack Bauer character is so perfect in every flawed way. This season's storylines and plot twists are great. The only downsize is the lack of more over-the-top violence or torture, as I've become accustomed to. Also, Jack never really getting shot/hurt/injured is a disappointment with 1,000+ bullets having been shot at him at least. Either way, an absolute gem and a must watch. More seasons please!! Expand
  12. Jul 3, 2014
    As the original, it just gets better and better (and more addictive) with each episode. We're not TV nuts, but this show has us totally hooked.

Now, if they only would bring back Tony.....c'mon...they could think of a great excuse for why he's really still alive!
  13. Jun 18, 2014
    This the poorest of the series. 24 was always difficult to swallow in it's naïve and adolescent view of the world of terrorism. What kept it going was Bauer, and an assortment of characters, weird and cartoonishly heroic, and quasi believable bad guys and plots. This time they've jumped the shark. We're supposed to believe that drones can be hijacked and "disappeared" from all intelligenceThis the poorest of the series. 24 was always difficult to swallow in it's naïve and adolescent view of the world of terrorism. What kept it going was Bauer, and an assortment of characters, weird and cartoonishly heroic, and quasi believable bad guys and plots. This time they've jumped the shark. We're supposed to believe that drones can be hijacked and "disappeared" from all intelligence far and wide. We're supposed to believe that the Brits will just sit around and let the Yanks do whatever on their soil. We're supposed to believe that Chloe is hacking into the drone's programs....in a pub? It's painful to watch these folks speaking their lines with a straight face, and even more painful to think that young males in this country are huddled around their TV's on a Monday night with nothing better to do. Expand
  14. Jun 15, 2014
    When I review long-running movie series or TV shows, I don't like to admit that I am new to the crowd of loyal fans. I feel it undermines my credibility. Unfortunately, I haven't watched the past 8 seasons and movie of 24. But, if your new to the series like me, you don't really have too. You can jump on the bandwagon easily without any real confusion. The actors are good, the actionWhen I review long-running movie series or TV shows, I don't like to admit that I am new to the crowd of loyal fans. I feel it undermines my credibility. Unfortunately, I haven't watched the past 8 seasons and movie of 24. But, if your new to the series like me, you don't really have too. You can jump on the bandwagon easily without any real confusion. The actors are good, the action sequences executed well, and the premise of 24's 9th season is realistic. (Interesting tidbit, episode 8 of 24's 9th season Live Another Day will be the series 200th episode.) Kiefer Sutherland is a good and believable action star. My only complaint with him is that he should have a bit more character development. Of course, that was probably done over time with the past seasons and movie but I have yet to binge-watch them all. Jack should be given more emotion. But it makes sense he doesn't show much emotion, because the show is very fast-paced and Jack has to rush to save London from destruction. He doesn't have time for anything else.

A complaint I hear online sometimes about the past seasons of 24 is that the show ended up being a bit too generic and mainstream in its later seasons, with Jack constantly saving millions. Not my words or opinions--just bringing it up. Well, maybe that's true but since I'm new to the show (as many watching the show now probably are) I haven't felt the affects of franchise fatigue yet. Maybe this is what some critics and other long time viewers are feeling when they give 24: LAD ok scores. But as someone else pointed out, if it had a few tweaks here and there (actors, title) it would probably be a bit more well received. But 24: LAD has good ratings anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

As I said before, I feel this show is realistic (especially compared to some of the thin stories and plots that exist nowadays). However, at times certain events feel slightly improbable and unlikely. For example--Jordan Reed is able to survive an attempt on his life after being set up by his boss. His assassin should've been able to kill him, as he had the element of surprise on his side. But he managed to screw up. Another example--the number of people who have dirty secrets on 24 shouldn't get any bigger. Mark Boadreau (White House Chief of Staff) who forged President Heller's signature, Steve Navarro (head of the CTU) who was forced to send an assassin after Jordan Reed to protect himself, Naveed who had plans to escape with his wife Simone, and both who live a double life from their relatives...there can only be so many betrayals, lies, and secrets. Hope that there won't be too many secrets and lies.

Also, I don't like to mention this because it feels too nitpicky, but did anyone else feel that the CGI and effects for the drones and explosions/destruction caused by its Hellfire missiles don't look that great?

But these are minor complaints. 24: Live Another Day is an enjoyable show. It's pretty realistic and it's a fast paced, action packed, conspiracy thriller. I love this show and I think it should continue. Jack is back! I think the 4 year hiatus helped the shows writers to get some new ideas together. I hope I didn't sound too critical in my in-depth review. I just like to touch every aspect of a show and say my opinions on it. Also, sorry for any typos or errors--I'm writing on a tablet.

If you liked this review, read my other ones on movies, TV shows, and videogames. I have reviewed Edge of Tomorrow, X-Men Days of Future Past, Godzilla, Blended, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, The Lego Movie, and more. I am actually still trying to find time for other film reviews, such as Robocop, Non-Stop, Divergent, Need for Speed, The Monuments Men, etc. I have also reviewed the TV shows Sleepy Hollow, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, The 100, I Wanna Marry Harry, Crisis, and more.

Good bye! Sincerely, AG732.
  15. Jun 6, 2014
    As before this show is undone by it's penchant for soap opera era back stories. The plots are plausible enough (okay, interesting enough) but the harlequin romances that the producers insist on injecting into every story-line always diminishes them.
  16. May 26, 2014
    i have to say that this season isnt that good and epic as the previous seasons, something is missing, but i had to rate it 10stars because of 2 things, 24 still one of the best shows in the air and second i really want to give the cast some motivation to keep it on because i really want to keep watching 24 for years to come(sorry my english im portuguese)
  17. May 18, 2014
    Sorry critics, you have it wrong again, even though the politically correct malady has crept into the writers mentality (none of the terrorists are Islamic, lol) Jack Bauer and company still carry the day. The shows format keeps you on the edge the entire time. I hope the show has many more seasons, maybe the writers can figure out how to cast the villains in future seasons.
  18. May 9, 2014
    The first two episodes were really strong. The side characters are all interesting. Just when you think that 24 is going to fall into one of its old tropes, it does not. Hopefully, that is the case for the rest of the season.
  19. May 8, 2014
    Let's be frank, if this was a new show, this would be getting top reviews from critics. Just because it's 24 critics feel they have seen it before they give it a lower rating. But in fact, it's excellent writing, and after a 4 year hiatus, it feels fresh as ever! Rock on Jack!
  20. May 8, 2014
    I wrote it too Season 1: 24, the mother of all ADHD TV series. From the first to the last season, completely irrational story. The second by second turns of phrase just laughable. And yet with a totally hyped and unsympathetic Kiefer Sutherland and many other bad amateur actors.
  21. May 7, 2014
    Surprisingly good premiere of a show that has been around for 9 seasons. I've only watched the first three seasons but the show seems very familiar.

There are definitely some flaws, specifically with some predictable story elements and some forced drama, but overall the acting, action, and the story are good. My favorite part is that they are focusing on two very important current issues - drone strikes and secret intelligence/whistleblowing. Hopefully they can explore these topics in a way that invites some criticism of drone warfare, and the NSA.
  22. May 6, 2014
    I forgot how good 24 was! It is like it has been always there. While I was watching it today, I felt the same way as I did when I watched the first season. I was very impressed with the concept, the storytelling and how addicted the TV show was. I think 24 proves that others TV shows could come back on a high note as well. I hope they do the same with Dexter, they owe us the last season.
  23. May 6, 2014
    24 came out the gates with a bang, but a bang fans of the series come to expect. Its good to see they are moving away from a 24 episodes series for a shorter 12, but will the complicated story arch from previous seasons make sense to new viewers? Lets hope this season makes up for the lack luster end to season 8.
  24. May 6, 2014
    OH MY GOD tears nearly came to my eyes the show was so damn good! Kiefer Sutherland plays his part PERFECTLY, so much so he belongs in the hall of fame for greatest actors of all time. That's all I have to say. I'd have no problem living on a desert island with nothing but a TV set, and one hour of 24 every day for the rest of my life.
  25. May 6, 2014
    I hope hope hope that we get many more seasons of this wonderful show. Sure, the first couple episodes are packed with those if-Jack-were-just-a-little-faster moments, but that's all part of the fun. The stakes are high, the pace is quick, and Jack is every bit the ideal American we want him to be. It's feels good to have him around again.
  26. May 5, 2014
    This is amazing, i still can´t believe this two espisodes, only think that im sure is that jackisback and we see nothing yet. Kiefer and Yvonne are very similar in the choices that they made, i like that, is like a female jack
  27. May 5, 2014
    I just got done watching the premiere. I disliked that the camera often shook too much too fast, which gave me a mild headache, and the characters often talked too quietly, but aside from those issues I didn't see any problem with the premiere. Great acting for the most part, great set, and the typical 24 that most people know and love definitely manifests itself here.
  28. May 5, 2014
    A great start to the new series of 24. It's exciting, it's pulsating & it has an interwoven storyline which is stellar. I can't wait to see the rest of this series & the reduction in episodes by 12 will allow for a more fast-paced, structured viewing. Great job.

1. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    May 5, 2014
    It’s a fast-moving trip down memory lane featuring lots of familiar faces, such as computer hacker Chloe (Mary Lynn Rajskub) in full “Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” mode, plus some intriguing new villains.
  2. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    May 5, 2014
    In the new miniseries’ opening installments, 24 makes some half-hearted efforts to contend with its own legacy.
  3. Reviewed by: Sarah Rodman
    May 5, 2014
    There are promising signs of life in the first two hours of the new series, which take place between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. in London.