• Network: FOX
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
9.1

1. kw
    Jan 15, 2006
    Best show on tv!!! Can't wait for the next week every week.
  2. RohithE
    Jan 16, 2006
    One of the most shocking, adrenaline pumped, emotionally stirring openings to a 24 season. I respect the relentless aproach the script writers have and the merciless fire the show provides. These traits were evident in the first 10minutes of Season 5 Episode 1. There seems to be a constant lack of reluctance to be daring, experimental, innovative and creative which drives the show to even One of the most shocking, adrenaline pumped, emotionally stirring openings to a 24 season. I respect the relentless aproach the script writers have and the merciless fire the show provides. These traits were evident in the first 10minutes of Season 5 Episode 1. There seems to be a constant lack of reluctance to be daring, experimental, innovative and creative which drives the show to even higher heights in the realm of the thriller series. I feel the nostalgia once again when watching the television programme... but it is not just that... it's format transitions into an almost first person view - feeling every impulse, every heart stopping moment, every twist and turn, and every second of the rest of that day, that remains for Jack Bauer. Expand
  3. TomB.
    Jan 16, 2006
    This is the first time I've decided to watch a season of 24, and by the looks of it, I'll be getting the old DVDs soon. As good as it gets these days on free TV.
  4. ryant
    enthralling
  5. LindaB
    Jan 17, 2006
    I am using 9.999 only because as impossible as it is, I know it is going to get better as ithe day progresses !!!! Jack is back!!!!!
  6. SteveM
    Jan 17, 2006
    Best Show on TV, No Doubt
  7. JakeM-
    Jan 18, 2006
    The only way this season could be better is if they end up giving Chloe a machine gun again...
  8. ScottH
    Jan 18, 2006
    Amazing action! Best show on TV
  9. pinkicidejo
    Jan 19, 2006
    A TV show which is consistently better than theater release thrillers. Asks very tough questions and gives no easy answers. Forces viewers out of the hollywood pipedream of convenient "magic wand" solutions and into the unconfortable realm of choosing the lesser evil. If you don't get it you're unworthy of it. Go play your game cube.
  10. ShawnU
    Dec 29, 2006
    This was the first season I ever watched and let me tell you this, it was intense! Shocking twist and turns and one brillent story. 24 is shockingly awesome.
  11. AndyW
    Dec 31, 2006
    even watching this on dvd, i'm convinced that season 5 is one of the best seasons i've seen on television ever!
  12. DouglasM
    Jan 23, 2006
    Jack is the real deal Folks!!! He does what every agent is trained to do, but people are shocked to see! This is the best written and most accurate portrayal of life as an agent ever!
  13. beng
    Jan 24, 2006
    I'm giving this a ten because it is more exciting than any movie, you can watch it at home, its full of suspense,its full of surprises, and because its full of action. I love it!
  14. ChrisP
    Jan 24, 2006
    I was worried 24 would eventaully get stale, but even as the storyline is party overused, I find season 5 to be every bit as enjoyable as the many days before it.
  15. RyanA
    Jan 31, 2006
    Never A Dull Moment. Best Thing On TV Now That Football is Over. A Show Like No Other.
  16. JeffS
    Jan 31, 2006
    Hands down, the best show on television right now.
  17. brandeeg
    Feb 11, 2006
    this show is so addicting. i bought all of the seasons and i'm dying for season five to come out.
  18. IoannisP
    Feb 13, 2006
    After a disapointing 4th season, the first 7 episodes have completely restored my faith in the show!!! Go Jack!!
  19. LisaB
    Mar 26, 2006
    This is THE BEST Show on TV!! We haven't missed an Episode sinced the very 1st Season!
  20. NancyV
    Mar 29, 2006
    Five years running and my heart's till pounding. Just when I think this show can't maintain the tension and excitement it has in the past, it gets more tense & exciting. The trick is to let the rest of the world know -- don't phone at 9:00 p.m. Mondays...
  21. MikeM
    Apr 11, 2006
    An outstanding show. The story line is intelligent, the acting is generally good and it keeps me constantly looking at the clock wishing time would move backwards so I can watch longer.
  22. MelodyY
    Apr 14, 2006
    This show is the best. Very addictive. Love the twists too. However some of the non main characters can be annoying.
  23. mark
    Apr 22, 2006
    This is the definitely the most well plotted and well acted show that is on television, not to mention the most suspenseful and all around best. Without 24, there would be no reason to wake up in the morning
  24. HollyL
    Apr 25, 2006
    Absolutely the best show on television. Intelligent, well written, fast paced with sharply defined characters. It's the only thing my television gets turned on for.
  25. MattD
    Apr 25, 2006
    I have been watching this since the first season and I have never been disappointed with the show. It always keeps you in suspense. When this show is on, my eyes are always peeled to the TV. I am oblivious to anything else. I couldn
  26. MossyH
    May 23, 2006
    Great, just great, keeps getting better all the time
  27. RussellW
    May 23, 2006
    Season 5 is the first season that I have watched of 24 and it was an amazing season. After listening to my college professors and fellow students rant about the show for weeks on end, I finally decided to tune in. I do have to say, this is the first television show I have looked forward to watching since Ninja Turtles as a kid.
  28. jasonm
    May 25, 2006
    far and away the best show on tv!!!!!! can't wait until january
  29. TessI
    Jun 21, 2006
    Addictive! I watched the DVD's till 6:00 in the morning for I simply can't sleep without knowing what's going to happen next!
  30. Mar 5, 2012
    Far from running out of tricks, the fifth season of "24" opens with a bang, incorporating an element of mystery that promises to be more satisfying than the somewhat disappointing fourth day in Jack Bauer's very busy life. Traditionally, the series starts its year on a high and sags in the middle rounds, but Fox's clever scheduling ploy of launching the show with four hours over two nightsFar from running out of tricks, the fifth season of "24" opens with a bang, incorporating an element of mystery that promises to be more satisfying than the somewhat disappointing fourth day in Jack Bauer's very busy life. Traditionally, the series starts its year on a high and sags in the middle rounds, but Fox's clever scheduling ploy of launching the show with four hours over two nights should plant the hook deep based on those episodes, leading loyalists to hang on for the thrill ride. Beginning 18 months after Jack faked his death, the series quickly launches into a new threat, with twists that Fox has understandably asked critics not to disclose. As for the plot, it's enough to say the officious, sniveling bureaucrat who took office last season, President Logan is still in power, banking on a Russian summit to serve as the apex of his presidency. In the world of "24," such events are never without a hitch, but the ever-present theme of terrorism and how bad good guys must become to counter evil gets a bit less of a ham-fisted working over this time around. Then again, perhaps that's merely in comparison to season four, which featured so many acts of righteous torture it began to seem as if Dick Cheney was among the showrunners. As always, truly savoring this tightrope act requires some suspension of disbelief, from the synergistic plugs for Fox News to the ridiculously navigable L.A. traffic, as people zip from place to place in those ubiquitous Fords at a pace that can only leave real-life commuters scoffing. Still, the show continues to feature a top-notch cast, with Kiefer Sutherland providing the right mix of can-do machismo and world-weariness as the indomitable Jack, who has found a new love interest that, based on history, is sure to end badly. Frankly, I'd still like to see Fox roll the dice by bringing the series back without him -- letting some new agent suffer Job's trials to keep us free -- but there's no denying the grit and intensity the actor invests in the role. Joining the ensemble, meanwhile, is the intriguing Jean Smart as the troubled First Lady and Sean Astin as a new overseer of the Counter-Terrorism Unit. Back, too, is Mary Lynn Rajskub as Jack's tech-geek ally Chloe, who at one point assures a third party there's nothing to worry about as Jack sneaks up behind a heavily armed man. "Relax," she says, in a voice that invariably suggests anything but relaxing, "he's really good at this." That he is. Expand
  31. Jul 21, 2011
    The story line is similar to other seasons. Enemies are Southeast or Soviet Union, betrayer and surprise ending... But still love it. I've had so much fun.

- mvtls.com
  32. Nov 16, 2011
    Season 5: Jack Bauer and 24 at their finest. This probably his best season ever, even beating out my old favorite, season 2. No show can get my adrenaline racing like 24. 5 is the peak season of an incredible series
  33. Sep 17, 2012
    SPOILERS!!!! They killed off every great character! Palmer, Almeida, Dessler, even Edgar, the fat guy with a lisp. The first three were killed in the first quarter and as a result the rest of the season felt very sparse and empty. No wonder everyone says S6 onwards is where 24 goes downhill. Getting rid of Tony was a big mistake though; he was the second best and most likeableSPOILERS!!!! They killed off every great character! Palmer, Almeida, Dessler, even Edgar, the fat guy with a lisp. The first three were killed in the first quarter and as a result the rest of the season felt very sparse and empty. No wonder everyone says S6 onwards is where 24 goes downhill. Getting rid of Tony was a big mistake though; he was the second best and most likeable character next to Jack and his now lack of presence has left a huge space that isn't being filled. The way he communicated with Jack was, unlike Jack with everyone else, less formal and provided a different dynamic. Overall the show continues to slip in quality ever since S2 yet despite that, it's still definitely worth a watch, as it's yet another enticing 24 puzzle that we need to see unravelled. Ignore the 9.3 user score because it's ridiculous; it would put S5 the highest season of 24 when it's the least best one out of the five so far. Still very good though. Collapse
  34. Nov 29, 2012
    This show is the best show of all time, i was more committed to this show then a black person was to popeyes and i had to be home by monday night at 9 pm me and my dad would jerk off to this show and the end of this season is some doom and lots of surprises this season is my favorite season
  35. Jun 24, 2014
    The best season of 24 by a long shot. With the amazing twists in the beginning, game changing twists and death, this show has gotten so good, it has to fall at some point
  36. Aug 10, 2013
    Vuelve 24. Después de las anteriores temporadas que no son malas, esta destaca su trama como las mejores de todas las temporadas. Excitante, completa, adictiva e imponente como nos acostumbra.
  37. Oct 9, 2013
    By far the best season and was always going to be hard to top, the emotions of Anger, Frustration, and Relief, causing you to scream at the TV as if you're willing on your favorite football team. the 24 Team have the knack at finding and developing characters so that you hate them with a passion whilst willing on the heroes to prevail
  38. Oct 27, 2013
    Perfect. No more words.
    I hate the many deads, because I love the characters.
    The president as the Bad Guy?? PER-FECT!!
    The best season of the entire show.
  39. Nov 4, 2016
    One of the best seasons to grace TV screens, 24 : Season 5 starts with a bang, continues with more bangs, and ends on a similarly high note thanks to unbelievable plot twists, terrific writing, brilliant action, non-stop thrills and wonderfully shot and paced story and action.
  40. Jul 22, 2015
    Day 5 of 24 is the best yet with unbelievable plot twists, terrific writing, brilliant action, non-stop thrills and wonderfully shot and paced story and action.
  41. Aug 20, 2016
    wll i have to be honest still one of the seasons in any tv show ever. 24 is still one of best tv show i watched, beside perhaps the wire or game of thrones. But season 5, fantastic plot,great characters , and even if you did`nt like the earlier season this season is really worth watching simple because of the villain.
    I watched this over 7 times and this is no exaggeration , i am watching
    I watched this over 7 times and this is no exaggeration , i am watching it agani now after 3-4 years since last time is so good. No dull moment, the casting is great. And i will just say this bear in mind this is my first tv show review and the only eason that is close to this imo that is very good must be the wire season 3-4 , or breaking bad season 2-4 , but anyway if i really had to have a favourite it has to be this season , so good. If there is any season worth a 10 this is it.

1. A heart-pounding, mesmerizing adventure unlike anything else up or down the dial.
  2. It's the most thrilling premiere hour of "24" yet.
  3. TV Guide Magazine
    Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    I didn’t know how 24 could top last season, but so far it’s working. And the edge of my seat is already frayed.