• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Nov 6, 2001
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
7.9

1. Jun 24, 2014
    While the "final" season started off really slow, it got way better after episode 4 and the show ended brilliantly. This season is also underrated too.
  2. Jul 1, 2013
    begining of this season, compare to previous ones was slow but ive got to tell you, final episodes have the best scenes you have ever seen on 24! specially kidnapping a former president scene.
  3. Aug 27, 2012
    After watching every episode of every season, the 8th and final season of 24 follows a similar path of previous seasons. Something terrible is about to happen or has already happened, and the president of the US calls on Jack Bauer to be a part of the solution. While the backdrop feels a little more cookie-cutter this time around and maybe a few episdes in the middle seem to take the eyeAfter watching every episode of every season, the 8th and final season of 24 follows a similar path of previous seasons. Something terrible is about to happen or has already happened, and the president of the US calls on Jack Bauer to be a part of the solution. While the backdrop feels a little more cookie-cutter this time around and maybe a few episdes in the middle seem to take the eye off the ball, it's the conviction in which the actors portray their characters and the less gimmicky feel of the plot over the 24 episodes that makes this swan song feel good once it finally closes. It won't be the best season of 24 for most fans, but it certainly ends up being worth the time when the final timer counts us out. There aren't many shows out there getting it done as well or as consistent as 24 does. For that, it was certainly a pleasure to ride along all this time. Collapse
  4. Sep 24, 2011
    I actually liked this season the best, even with the uninteresting characters. I thought it had a darker context and something other than nukes and bioweapons. The bigger picture was a lot better placed, and Jack is driven by vengeance instead of political crap. It's still a russians and arabs hate america thing but, stereotypically, they do.
  5. Aug 23, 2011
    Not the best season, but defiantly worth watching if you're a 24 fan like me.
    I'd say this season is average with most of it's previous seasons, but falls short of being really good, great or amazing.
  6. Mar 22, 2011
    So, the clock finally runs out on the small screen for Jack Bauer. After a week of saving the world, Jack only has one more day to endure but we all know what that means. Season 7 brought renewed hope that 24 could still deliver to any doubters despite a disappointing final half to the season. But, Season 8 picks up around 18 months - 2 years after Jack seemingly on the verge of dyingSo, the clock finally runs out on the small screen for Jack Bauer. After a week of saving the world, Jack only has one more day to endure but we all know what that means. Season 7 brought renewed hope that 24 could still deliver to any doubters despite a disappointing final half to the season. But, Season 8 picks up around 18 months - 2 years after Jack seemingly on the verge of dying (yes, I know did anybody really believe Jack would die?) Jack has undergone the stem-cell treatment and seems fighting fit in New York City, even his little granddaughter Teri agrees, "you don't look like a grandpa." Then a face from Bauer's past appears warning Jack of an assassination plot to kill the President of the IRK (Fictional Middle Eastern country) portrayed by Anil Kapoor, who is in the Big Apple to sign a peace treaty, and once more Jack is brought back into action. Aiding an upgraded futuristic CTU against the clock to stop the plot to kill Hassan, this leads to a few familiar faces returning, including Renee Walker. We soon learn that Renee is in a much darker place and seemingly suicidal as she helps CTU in their quest to recover fuel rods. However her return changes things for Jack as he confides that he wants to be with Renee when the day is over. Of-course its never that simple and the first 8-10 hours are so with some really pointless character arcs. But in the second half the series shows some vintage 24. As the threat of a dirty bomb becomes very real, half way through the season brings an unexpected death, thus leads to Jack to declare his feelings to Renee but (if im being totally honest) a cheap and unsurprising twist brings about the biggest turning point leading Jack down a bitter and vengeful path as he seeks justice in the aftermath of the days the events. However the President has different ideas and despite knowing the truth about who is ultimately responsible for everything that has occurred, she, under the assistance of the crude and vindictive Charles Logan (Gregory Itzin, who's re-introduction was superb!) decides to cover the plot leaving Jack to become "Judge, jury and executioner" as he journeys on a path of retribution to find those responsible and make them pay, even at the cost of a third World War in what is an unmissable series finale. While it's not the best tv 24 has brought to out screens the second half of this season is simply sensational at times and that's largely down to the focus on Jack Bauer portrayed magnificently once more by Kiefer Sutherland and whilst their are some questionable decisions made it just about pays off, not the send-off i'd have imagined for such an iconic tv legend in Jack Bauer but by no means a disappointment this sets things up nicely for the inevitable movie. Expand
  7. Jan 10, 2011
    Though I was glad to see Chloe and Renee back, I have to admit - the rest of the cast did little to entertain me. I feel like 24 season eight must have had new writers. The final season paled in comparison to the previous 7. Maybe it was time to call it finished.
  8. Nov 18, 2010
    While redundant, the 24 screenwriters still produce action scenes of quality and stories that make our heart and stomach lurch. Yet this season failed on a few accounts, it did not go where last season left off and the character personalities were poorly drawn and maybe even boring and predictable. Anil Kapoor did a fantastic job (easily the best guest star ever on 24) and Gregory ItzinWhile redundant, the 24 screenwriters still produce action scenes of quality and stories that make our heart and stomach lurch. Yet this season failed on a few accounts, it did not go where last season left off and the character personalities were poorly drawn and maybe even boring and predictable. Anil Kapoor did a fantastic job (easily the best guest star ever on 24) and Gregory Itzin once again put up an incredible performance. Yet this season was different, still exciting with a bit of lackluster in it. Yet the greatest part of this season (or all of tv in general) was when jack bauer puts on his mask to assault, kidnap, and scare, a former president. Expand
  9. Aug 17, 2010
    Great season, easily on the top half of the show's best seasons. It began with a slow start with Jack Bauer making his return to CTU in New York, but as it progressed Bauer and company found themselves in the middle of another grave national threat. The cast and writers were fantastic as always.
  10. MikeB
    Jan 27, 2010
    He's not dead yet? I stopped watching after season 3. Are they still coming up with car accidents, kidnappings, and robberies for his daughter to stumble upon, while he tracks down sloppy terrorists who threaten to poop on America?
  11. JackBauer
    Jan 20, 2010
    Good job to all you pretentious idiots giving a low score to the new season of 24 when it just aired.
  12. JohnP.
    Jan 20, 2010
    Slow but Just a setup with nice world making.
  13. JohnS.
    Jan 20, 2010
    Most realistic season premier yet!!
  14. TerryB
    Jan 19, 2010
    Shallow and sometimes idiotic plots i.e., old abusive boyfriend from the past, poor casting of backup characters lacking acting ability. Lacks the punch, suspense and political complexities of terrorists' threats as in previous seasons ... we miss that.
  15. ChrisC
    Jan 19, 2010
    24 has apparently fired the last of it's good writers and hired nothing but cheap hacks. It's also shed the last of it's believability and completely lost it's unpredictability.
  16. JalexD
    Jan 18, 2010
    Going by the first four episodes, I have to say I'm extremely excited about where this season could go. Admittedly, season six did the same and ended up underwhelming (even if it was still some of the most riveting television one could find). But I'm going to hold out hope that this season will continue what last season seemed to re-inject into the series: A more concentrated Going by the first four episodes, I have to say I'm extremely excited about where this season could go. Admittedly, season six did the same and ended up underwhelming (even if it was still some of the most riveting television one could find). But I'm going to hold out hope that this season will continue what last season seemed to re-inject into the series: A more concentrated focus on playing up the interpersonal drama and delving into the psyche of the characters, rather than throwing explosions, huge firefights and hit-or-miss twists at us by the time the hour has counted down. Expand
  17. RuthP
    Jan 18, 2010
    "24" has still got it! The writers still managed to take me by surprise and make me gasp. The new characters are great. I love that Jack and Chloe are working closely together. Can't wait for Mon. night!
  18. ChloeD
    Jan 18, 2010
    After watching the first half of the premier, it is so obvious that this season will be just like every other one; key informer is dead, Jack has some personal problems, the wrong suspect is in custody, the list can go on and on. This is a mediocre show that for some reason is on its eighth season. Has some entertainment value, but really, you want to shout at the tv after a few episodes.
  19. [anonymous]
    Jan 17, 2010
    What a pathetic premiere. Definitely the worst in the show's history. None of the plot twists were anything major, so much predictability, the format, depite the characters and location, is redundant, banal and monotonous. The action scenes are decent but do nothing to save this shows writing from plummeting. What a huge disappointment this and the previous 2 seasons of 24 have been. What a pathetic premiere. Definitely the worst in the show's history. None of the plot twists were anything major, so much predictability, the format, depite the characters and location, is redundant, banal and monotonous. The action scenes are decent but do nothing to save this shows writing from plummeting. What a huge disappointment this and the previous 2 seasons of 24 have been. It's not even worth watching anymore, not even for a once diehard fan like myself. Anything above a 65 for this season is way too generous. Expand
  20. BrianR
    Jan 17, 2010
    Action mixed with killing off new characters early. Loved it.
  21. NoahF
    Jan 17, 2010
    I haven't seen this whole series yet, but if it's anything like last season that would be great. Last season was the best in a long time. It's nice to see 24 still with us, and breaking records at that. Go Jack!

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    You can never tell how the uneven days of 24 will vary in quality, but here's hoping the show keeps doing all the right things it does in these opening hours.
  2. That plot crystallizes through a pair of two-hour episodes, Sunday and Monday nights, and at times it crystallizes slowly.
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Four immensely enjoyable hours. Alas, I can't speak to what happens during the remaining 20.