• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Nov 6, 2001
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8
8.8

1. Nov 18, 2010
    Easily the greatest event, season, and story to have ever been placed on air. There is nothing anyone can say to explain it, it is just the most spectacular show that will leave your American souls begging for more.
  2. Mar 27, 2011
    "I'm Federal agent Jack Bauer. Today is the longest day of my life." The split-screen. The countdown clock. The Bauer. So many iconic things have been incorporated into TV, and its all thanks to this one show. 24 is the tale of CTU (Counter Terrorism Unit) agent Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland), who's recently reunited with his wife Teri (Leslie Hope), and his daughter, Kim (Elisha Cuthbert). Jack is assigned to work on a case, which involves the possible assassination of Presidential candidate David Palmer (Dennis Haybert). Also along for the ride are fellow agents Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard), Nina Myers (Sarah Clarke) and Jamey Farrell (Karina Arroyave). Right now, I am trying to not spoil anything about this show, because it is much better to go in cold when watching 24. The show is jam packed with twists, turns, gunfire, deaths, threat and Jack Bauer shouting that it's better to watch the events unfold before you rather than spoil yourself. Jack's storyline involves protecting Palmer, yes, but there's also the search for a possible mole within CTU who's working for the enemy, and trying to find his daughter, who has been kidnapped. With Kim, I will say that her storylines when she isn't kidnapped aren't very much interesting, but she's not a terrible character, she's just the typical teenager, granted one who has to deal with being kidnapped, so it's forgivable. David Palmers storyline involves him running for president, but also finding out that things aren't as perfect as he believed with his family, when he finds out his son, Keith, is responsible for the murder of a guy who raped his sister 7 years ago. His wife, Sherry, seems to play the Lady MacBeth type of character, she wants to get her husband into the white house so badly just so she can be First Lady, not caring what lines she has to cross. 24 is the kind of show which is perfect for watching on DVD, as the entire season is set over the course of on single day, which each episode only equalling an hour of time. You may wonder in disbelief how so many things can happen in the course of one single day, but you'll be too drawn into the show to actually care. Trust me, once you start this show, you WILL be sucked in. The shows creators have managed to set up cliffhangers at the end of each episode, and sometimes at the end of each commercial break, that you'll want to come back and see how it's resolved. It happened to me, and it'll happen to you. Expand
  3. Jun 16, 2011
    This is the best tv show of the world because of the events that occur on real time,the plot and the action will grab you until the end of this wonderful season
  4. Feb 5, 2013
    The executive who decided it was time to can this show should be tortured,shot,thrown off a bridge and shot again by Jack Bauer.Sheeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!
  5. Jul 12, 2012
    Awesome show! Every episode holds an exciting thrilling feature, one of the best action t.v shows there is. Gives you that rush of adventure and energy that's put into it. Every episode will bring you back for more!
  6. Jul 1, 2013
    the best tv show in the world! its the only show i can really put myself in characters and understand them.
    all actors play efficiently, thanks to directors.
  7. Jul 25, 2013
    ''Right now, terrorists are planning to assassinate a presidential candidate. My wife and daughter have been kidnapped... and people that I work with may be involved in both. I'm Federal Agent Jack Bauer, and this is the longest day of my life.''. That intro sums up the plot of the first season of 24.

Having an entire season of a show take place over the space of a day in real time was
    a terrific idea and it makes for a fantastically entertaining show. The show moves at a breakneck speed, full of action, tension and unpredictable twists and turns around every corner. That makes it very addictive.

This first season isn't perfect, a couple of plot points are recycled a little too much for my tastes and some of the subplots in the second half of the season to keep Bauer's wife and daughter relevant are not on a par with the main plot but the rest of it is just so good that this doesn't matter. Kiefer Sutherland and Dennis Haybert both light up the screen and help make the stories of Jack Bauer and David Palmer so gripping.
  8. Aug 10, 2013
    Si señor. Donde todo empezó. La primera temporada, Jack Bauer comienza sus vivencias. En cuanto a la serie, la mejor que he visto en mi vida. Muy adictiva, ves un capitulo y automáticamente tenes ver 4 mas, al menos.

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Jun 28, 2013
    The most distinctive, addictive new TV series this season. As an old-fashioned thriller, it's relentless, tense and deliciously paranoiac, with more twists than a Twizzler. But it's also boldly different.
  2. Reviewed by: Terry Kelleher
    Jun 27, 2013
    The makers of 24 needn't overuse the split-screen technique to emphasize the onrush of events. Viewers can feel the suspense start to build without seeing the seconds tick off on a digital clock. Give the gimmicks a rest. We're hooked without them.
  3. Reviewed by: Phil Rosenthal