30 Rock : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.1

1. PeterF.
    May 20, 2008
    The funniest show on television, bar none.
  2. mixalot
    Oct 10, 2006
    the debut episode at least is incredibly funny.
  3. alexl
    Oct 10, 2006
    saw first episode on an nbc.com page and laughed out loud which is more than anything besides the office does for me
  4. James
    Oct 12, 2006
    Terrible. Just awful. I don't understand for a second what all the fuss is about. I laughed more at Studio 60 than I did at this. It feels like a really long, really unfunny SNL sketch. To compare this show to The Office is simply an insult to the hard working (and FUNNY) people on that show. Truly and utterly disappointing.
  5. AlyA.
    Aug 23, 2007
    I can't believe they kept this show over Studio 60!
  6. MattH
    Oct 22, 2006
    This was really disappointing. I got all of the jokes; I've just heard them all before. I think Tina Fey is a great writer, so the show we'll turn around, if she isn't being controlled by the studio.
  7. Nov 27, 2010
    This show is full of wit and great acting. A few jokes are misses, but they're a small percentage when you look at the very funny full pictures. Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin bring their phenominal acting, but they aren't spoiled, they share the fun with the entire cast. It is definitely worth it.
  8. May 16, 2011
    One of the most fantastic shows on television. Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin are fantastic leads, and are backed by an extremely funny supporting cast. The show has pretty goofy humor, but the writing is spot on. The show also gets stronger as it goes on. Don't watch less than the first 4-5 episodes or you will not get the full experience of the show.
  9. Jul 25, 2011
    Unexceptional. Its fine. It has some chucklesome moments and Alec Baldwin is pretty good, having most of them. The rest of the comedy is bland. If its on and you have nothing better to do, watch it, otherwise there are so many other shows out there that are so much funnier.

Its a little sad to describe it as fast paced and witty because really, it is anything but that - but then when you see so many 10s and 0s as review scores that tells you all you need to know about the reviewers!
  10. Jan 21, 2012
    I have not watch 30Rock since they attempted to make a joke out of the Kent State shooting. I was there it was not funny, not funny at all. Very disappointed in the writing from Tina. Alex was never funny, just a self center person.
  11. Nov 1, 2012
    I don't know if there's ever been an episode of "30 Rock" where I haven't laughed really hard. Whether or not it's a line from the ever sardonic Liz Lemon, moronic Tracy Jordan, star-obsessed Jenna Maroney, the witty Jack Donagheuy or ever-enthusiastic Kenneth Parcell, the show is consistently funny and stands apart from all sitcoms. It's ten-times more biting, and Fey is perfect.
  12. Feb 8, 2013
    Practically the funniest show on tv. The mishaps of Miss Lemon is just down right hilarious!
    So sad it's ended. God good Lemon, i hope another show starts just like this!
  13. Jul 28, 2013
    One of the funniest shows on television I've ever seen. It's insanely addictive and hilarious. Highly recommended. Tina Fey's writing is great, as well as her comedic timing. Every character is likable and at one point or other, funny.
  14. Apr 1, 2014
    This one found and held its groove for quite awhile, and ended on a good note. I would get a solid laugh generally every episode and it has rewatchability because some of the humor is very complex and witty. One of the top sitcoms I've seen.
  15. JackH.
    Oct 7, 2008
    Absolutely ace! Tina Fey has done the impossible, she has made me like Alec Baldwin. My only complaint with this show is all the Soyjoy references, I didn't actually realise it was a real brand.
  16. IrfanB
    Nov 2, 2006
    This show has the potential to be the funniest on television right now! Tina Fey, as we all know, is awesome. And Alec Baldwin has probably made the best decision at this phase of his career. I can't see anyone else play the role Baldwin does - egoistical, two-faced, sarcastic, corporate a-hole.9/10 for me.
  17. aquilesd
    loved it, different
  18. JamesN.
    Jun 5, 2008
    The best thing since sliced Sabor De Soledad. In all seriousness; this is the greatest show since Arrested Development.
  19. NateB.
    Oct 11, 2006
    A show about a comedy show that is actually funny. Maybe Sorkin should get off his soapbox for a minute and see how it's done. Extremely funny.
  20. elliea
    Oct 10, 2006
    I wanted to like Studio 60 but honestly couldn't make it through the first episode, it was so self-important. Ugh. I watched 30 Rock online twice, laughing at stuff I didn't catch the first time. It's funny!
  21. jared
    Quick witted and funny!
  22. Erak
    Oct 12, 2006
    The show completely lost me not when Alec Baldwin spent 5 minutes pitching the new GE oven, but when a commercial aired 15 minutes later revealed to me that it was real. Oh, and the show itself just isn't funny. I'm told by the reviews the second episode is much better, but the blatent product placement in this one is more than enough of a deal breaker.
  23. RobertS
    Oct 12, 2006
    Some good one-liners, Baldwin plays the pompus TV Exec out of his element too well. Over all, will wait to see the 2nd episode.
  24. RH
    Oct 17, 2006
    I'd do Tina Fey, no question, but would it be worth it if I had to watch the show? It's not horrible, but staring at the wall would seem to be about an equally good use of my time.
    Oct 18, 2006
    Fast paced, well written, hilarious show!!! The best new comedy of the season.
  26. John
    Oct 20, 2006
    Hilarious! I love this show and hope the real Alec Baldwins behind the scenes get it and keep their egos outta the way....
  27. DrewT
    Dec 8, 2006
    I haven't been watching the show religiously, but what I saw of the November 30th broadcast would lead me to believe it's the best sitcom since "Seinfeld". Tina Fey is the perfect foil and Alec Baldwin has such a great comic sense. Those who don't appreciate the humor are probably used to having their comedy pounded into them. Or maybe they relate too closely to the "Beeper King".
  28. LowellF
    Jan 12, 2007
    Consistently entertaining. A little torn between being conventional and being absurd-- needs more of the latter.
  29. MattF.
    Jun 5, 2007
    I don't entirely know what's going through the heads of most TV reviews that they don't understand both the over-the-top genius of Tracy Morgan or his equally wonderful counterpoint, Tina Fey. This is what Saturday Night Live has wanted to be for the past six or so years, seemingly so organic yet tied to a thread of pure comedic, absurd, wonderful genius. I don't even I don't entirely know what's going through the heads of most TV reviews that they don't understand both the over-the-top genius of Tracy Morgan or his equally wonderful counterpoint, Tina Fey. This is what Saturday Night Live has wanted to be for the past six or so years, seemingly so organic yet tied to a thread of pure comedic, absurd, wonderful genius. I don't even watch television but for this show. Expand
  30. Kev
    Oct 2, 2008
    Quite funny, but the laughs were pretty cheap. I did like the fast-paced wit the show offered though. It seemed on the right track, just a bit hit-and-miss as far as writing and acting goes.
  31. PatrickD
    Feb 19, 2008
    30 Rock is a good solid comedy although I think it apes Arrested Development in many ways, it does not detract from my enjoyment. I think if youre 30 something and younger you will probably like it more than older viewers.
  32. DanielL.
    Jun 30, 2008
    I just watched the entire first season, and although this show started off a little shaky, by the end, it was up there with The Office in terms of quality and fun.
  33. Javier
    Aug 30, 2008
    The second season wasn't the best, but 30 Rock is still the funniest show on network television.
  34. steve
    Oct 11, 2006
    The first episode was really funny. The opening scenes homage to Mary Tyler Moore was clever and then took an absurd twist that was indicative of things to come.I actually thought Morgan was better than usual. I found myself involved quickly and thought the characters were more watchable and engaging than Studio60.
  35. alexp
    Oct 11, 2006
    tracy morgan is genius in this.
  36. ShellyM
    Oct 12, 2006
    Slightly above average at best; but good enough that I'll give it another chance next week.
  37. NicholasA
    Oct 12, 2006
    Reminds me a lot of Sudio 60: On the Sunset Strip, but then again they are both from NBC. They might be going over board a little.
  38. BrandonS
    Oct 14, 2006
    Awful, awful, awful. After ten minutes, my wife and I couldn't take it anymore. Disastrously unoriginal and unfunny.
  39. waiterboy
    Oct 16, 2006
    hilarity x 10. rock on.
  40. MollyM
    Oct 18, 2006
    I have long since stopped watching sitcoms as most of them are trashy and stupid. (Though I've liked the Office the few times I've seen it...) And even though 30 Rock isn't perfect, and Tracy Morgan is annoying and over the top, I was VERY pleasantly surprised to find myself laughing through most of 30 Rock. Now, maybe I just think Tina Fey is really talented and so am I have long since stopped watching sitcoms as most of them are trashy and stupid. (Though I've liked the Office the few times I've seen it...) And even though 30 Rock isn't perfect, and Tracy Morgan is annoying and over the top, I was VERY pleasantly surprised to find myself laughing through most of 30 Rock. Now, maybe I just think Tina Fey is really talented and so am predisposed to like what she does as a writer, but I really think we need to give this show a chance. I think it is a pretty easy win to call it the funniest new sitcom this season. Expand
  41. C.B.
    Oct 21, 2006
    Alec Baldwin is fantastic. Tina Fey should have left the acting to someone else...
  42. DavidK
    Oct 21, 2006
    Alec Baldwin doesn't belong in a comedy, he's just not that funny. Tina Fey is very talented but it doesn't show here. The show has a few moments, but overall is DOA. No chance on making it past the first year. Feels like a bad SNL skit after a while. Very strange that NBC has this and Studio 60 in the same year. I'll take Studio 60 over this for the quality of the actors.
  43. PeterJ
    Oct 29, 2006
    Very disappointing. Why won't Alec Baldwin just go away already?
  44. Ann
    Nov 1, 2007
    I only watched it because Seinfeld was on. It was boring. Could barely get through the end.
  45. JHar
    Jan 21, 2007
    In the tradition of The Larry Sanders Show, Entourage, Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm and the short-lived Sons & Daughters, 30 Rock makes the short-list of TV's best comedies of the past decade.
  46. PamelaW.
    Jan 26, 2007
    Anyone, and I mean anyone who gives this show ANYTHING below a 9 is clueless, has no sense of humor, is jealous for their own reasons, and needs to get life! 30 ROCK ROCKS! All you haters need to get a clue. :)
  47. jc
    Jan 7, 2007
    i didnt like it at first but the more they get on with a story and not so much show within a show its getting better but is alec really comforable doin g comedy
  48. ShawnB
    Mar 3, 2007
    If you don't think Tracy Morgan is a comic genius then you need to seriously re-evaluate your sense of humor. And your life.
  49. billv
    Mar 8, 2007
    the best show on television. Hilarious beyond belief!
  50. CameronS
    Apr 7, 2007
    Amazing!
  51. JimmyS.
    Aug 22, 2007
    30 Rock and The Office are the 2 funniest shows on television.
  52. Sanjay
    Sep 24, 2007
    It's kinda unfair that only the pilot is being reviewed. The season didn't reach it's stride until a few episodes later but when it did it really took off. It's Emmy over The Office and Extras speaks volumes since they were also deserving, and in The Office's case, more popular. It is truly the new Arrested Development---too good for it's own good.
  53. Linclink
    Jan 21, 2008
    Along with "The Simpsons", "The Office", and "Pushing Daisies", it is one of the few shows I actually watch. As good a program as there is on TV right now!!
  54. JenniferL.
    May 23, 2008
    Best show on television by a mile. Tina Fey is brilliant as both a writer and an actress.
  55. MikeyM.
    Aug 6, 2008
    A worthwhile successor-in-spirit to the canceled Arrested Development.
  56. WesamM
    Nov 1, 2006
    This show gets better with each episode: Its great seeing more of Alec Balwin's idealistic managing of his new employees, and Tina Fey has grown on me, as well as grown more comfortable with her own role. Useless supporting characters like the African-American IVY-league educated writer was a gimmick, and thankfully was relegated, while Fey's co-producer has yet to have a scene This show gets better with each episode: Its great seeing more of Alec Balwin's idealistic managing of his new employees, and Tina Fey has grown on me, as well as grown more comfortable with her own role. Useless supporting characters like the African-American IVY-league educated writer was a gimmick, and thankfully was relegated, while Fey's co-producer has yet to have a scene where he is unfunny. Jane Karakowski is abrasive, and terribly humorous, and hasnt been seen in 2 episodes; I'd like to see Rachel Dratch step back in fulltime. This show will be a keeper and when NBC starts their 2 hour comedy block at the end of november, this show and The Office will be the Rocks on which their thursday success depends. Expand
  57. C.Cotton
    Oct 11, 2006
    It's rare that a comedy makes my laugh in the first episode, 30 rock did. I'll be back next week.
  58. SeeFeel
    Oct 11, 2006
    This is the worst piece of steaming trash that has been put on TV since Cop Rock. Tracey Morgan is awful in everything he does, Tina Fey delivers a shallow character I could care less about and Alec Baldwin is miles away form his brilliance and Glen Gary Glen Ross. Take a bunch of burnouts, castoffs and combine them with writers that can't write comedy and you get 30 Rock. One of the This is the worst piece of steaming trash that has been put on TV since Cop Rock. Tracey Morgan is awful in everything he does, Tina Fey delivers a shallow character I could care less about and Alec Baldwin is miles away form his brilliance and Glen Gary Glen Ross. Take a bunch of burnouts, castoffs and combine them with writers that can't write comedy and you get 30 Rock. One of the worst sitcoms of all time. Critics that are raving about this show must be getting paid nicely by the producers. Expand
  59. Dianne
    Oct 11, 2006
    Very disappointing. I'll watch Alec Baldwin read the phone book, and 30 should thank the TV gods that he took this role. Tracy Morgan was quite good. Generally, though, "blah".
  60. DougR
    Oct 14, 2006
    Folks saying the pilot had no laughs baffles me since I found it consistently hysterical. The only current network sitcom to make me laugh out loud like this is "The Office". Also, the critics who complained that E rak complaining about the oven ad dismisses the probability that it was actually reverse product placement. Letterman used to always sarcastically plug G.E. when he was on NBC Folks saying the pilot had no laughs baffles me since I found it consistently hysterical. The only current network sitcom to make me laugh out loud like this is "The Office". Also, the critics who complained that E rak complaining about the oven ad dismisses the probability that it was actually reverse product placement. Letterman used to always sarcastically plug G.E. when he was on NBC and having Baldwin's character plug the oven almost immediately, promise one to Adsit's character and then promptly fire him was perfectly in character. I took it as a ridiculously exaggerated joke product thinking "What? No oven could ever possibly do that!" until I saw the commercial. That thing is miraculous. It could very well revolutionize the way the world eats. Expand
  61. Brian
    Oct 15, 2006
    Are you guys crazy!? This show is amazing!
  62. Jeff
    Oct 17, 2006
    HILARIOUS SHOW! Some reviewers here just don't get it...they're stupid (Jams and E rak). This show is going to be a hit!
  63. GerarseF
    Dec 26, 2006
    I really don't get what all the excitement is about. I laughed at Sports Night, really enjoy humor that requires thought, but in three episodes of 30 Rock I have yet to find much humor in it. I guess I will have to watch it since it is stuck between Scrubs and ER, I was just hoping for more.
  64. MelissaC
    Oct 26, 2006
    Best show in a long time. Tina Fey is God.
  65. DanB.
    Dec 16, 2007
    I am knocked out by this show. I almost never watch television but this blew me away. Baldwin is brilliant. Tina Fey is 2x as great for being a great writer *and* being hot with a scar on her face. The whole show is addictive and I've been watching episodes back to back for hours. I cannot stop!
  66. MikeS.
    Oct 28, 2007
    Tina Fey is absolutely brilliant and this is easily the best sitcom on network TV. In my opinion, it is the best show since Seinfeld!
  67. JeffT
    Feb 13, 2007
    The smartest and funniest writing on TV right now. If NBC holds on to this show long enough most people will realize that they have something as good as Signfeild or Arrested Development. In fact it is sort of a hybrid of each of those shows but also with its own identity. Watch at least 3 episodes before dismissing its genius.
  68. DarwinG.
    May 19, 2007
    Best comedy on television.
  69. JohnL.
    Aug 18, 2007
    Only NBC's "The Office" is this good. A consistently creative and hilarious show, with depth, wit and heart. Simply fantastic !!
  70. VikramM.
    Sep 15, 2007
    When this show came out, I never wanted to give it a chance because it had a sort of rivalry with the recently cancelled Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Now I am a HUGE Aaron Sorkin, I love The West Wing and Sports Night, and I really wanted to like Studio 60, I really really did. But after a while, I wasn't watching Studio 60 for the show, but just for the writing, which until the When this show came out, I never wanted to give it a chance because it had a sort of rivalry with the recently cancelled Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Now I am a HUGE Aaron Sorkin, I love The West Wing and Sports Night, and I really wanted to like Studio 60, I really really did. But after a while, I wasn't watching Studio 60 for the show, but just for the writing, which until the end was great. Then after a while, I started to watch the show on NBC's website, and I must say, it is amazing. Whenever I think of this show, I think of Arrested Development. The same kind of amazing intelligence mixed with zany/slapstick humor. It continually is creative and hilarious, and never fails to amaze. The writing is reaching the level of genius, and the acting is legendary. Once again, I must say 30 Rock is the new Arrested Development. Everybody must see this at least once, everybody. Expand
  71. ShawnT.
    Mar 26, 2008
    Hilarious and witty... and Tina Fey emerges as a new figure of beauty in the world of blond bimbos.
  72. tanyaj
    Nov 13, 2006
    right behind the office, this is myu second favorite show. tina fey is a comic goddess and alex bladwin has fantastic comic presence as the anti-hero and tracey morgan makes me laugh with his off the wall comments. best new show of the season.
  73. KyleJ
    Dec 31, 2006
    Tine Fey sucks, she ruined SNL, speaking of SNL this show is like a really long bad SNL sketch
  74. JoanneJ.
    Nov 15, 2007
    I agree with Jimmy S. 30 Rock and The Office are the best comedies on TV! I hope it survives.
  75. Adam
    Nov 16, 2007
    Easily the funniest show on tv, and I say that even though I was a fan of The Office. Alec Baldwin does it all, and the Kenneth character has turned into one of the most consistent laugh producers on the show. It's one of the few sitcoms that seems to get funnier every episode; each time making you wonder if you had ever laughed this hard.
  76. Jan 8, 2011
    30 Rock is the funniest show around!!! Gosh, never knew how good it was until I sat down and watched the entire first season. With great humour and some pretty excellent actors, it can grab and keep one's attention for quite a while. I am definitely watching Season 2 as soon as I get the chance!
    Highly recommended!!
  77. nbc
    Aug 17, 2010
    This is definitely the best show on television. Tina fey is a comedic mastermind and the supporting cast is phenomenal. You will really be missing out on excellence if you don't check this out.
  78. Oct 17, 2010
    A brilliant first season that layed the groundwork for what has become television's best comedy by a mile. Tina Fey's brilliance is present in every episode, and Alec Baldwin proved to be revelation as Jack Donaghy, television's funniest character. "Hardball," which still might be the show's best episode, was the highlight of the season, deftly balancing zaniness and plot.
  79. Oct 18, 2010
    the best show since arrested development, tina fey is a great writer and actor, i love her nerdy charm, i just wish the show was longer it goes by too quick
  80. Jan 21, 2011
    Now this season is a tricky one. It takes a whiiiilee to get going, to find what it does best (the Jack, Liz relationship), but when it does, hilarity ensues, of course. This season of 30 Rock is probably the one I'm least fond of, that doesn't mean its bad, because it really, really isn't. I just enjoy the Jack and Liz dynamic of the following seasons more.
  81. Feb 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely brilliant!

This show is full of sarcasm, wit and out of the ordinary humour.
    Tina Fey has achieved the impossible of making every single episode hilarious!

What is brilliant is that certain quotes from some episodes turn out to have their own dedicated episode later in the series such as when one character mentions her film "The Rural Juror" in one episode but through the season it gains more recognition by the characters right until it has an episode which is genius!
  82. Jan 18, 2013
    30 Rock stars the fantastic Tina Fey as Liz Lemon, the head writer of a fictional live variety programme called The Girlie Show, as she tries to manage her out of control actors while still making time for some sort of personal life.

As with any sit-com 30 Rock takes a few episodes to really get going as we start to understand the personalities of the cast. Each of the characters have their moments but it is the central relationship between Liz Lemon and company executive Jack Donaghy (Alec Baldwin) that really sets the show apart from other comedies. Baldwin
  83. May 28, 2011
    Alec Baldwin, Tina Fey and Tracy Morgan are three different types of humor that mesh well together. I don't understand how this has low ratings and shows like "How I met your mother" or "The Big Bang Theory" or "Two and a Half Men" have good ratings. This feels like Arrested Development - in that it's just too goddam funny for the average douchebag.
  84. Aug 19, 2011
    30 Rock is easily the most ingenious show on television. The writing is superb and the humor is witty and non stop. The acting is perfect and the chemistry between Alec Baldwin and Tina Fey is second to none. 30 Rock has created such a high standard that I have trouble enjoying most other shows on air.
  85. Feb 14, 2012
    Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin are grrreeat in 30 rock. Every character is solid but liz and jack just trump all others. Going through the first 5 seasons on netflix was amazing, I seriously would watch about a season a day. The characters grew on me so much throughout my viewings, I still go back and rewatch random episodes because they're all great!
  86. Jan 6, 2012
    Holy crap do I love this show. The comedy is right up my alley. Alec Baldwin is a huge standout, though I can't get enough of Tina Fey. Lots of strongly-defined recurring characters that shine when they get their on-screen time. I have no idea if there are still new episodes being made...but I kinda hope so, even if the show has had a good run.
  87. Feb 11, 2012
    When I first heard about this show I was really excited because I heard it was a sitcom with Alec Baldwin and Tracy Morgan. Unfortunately, it's 30 minutes of Tiny Fey dating men out of her league, expressing Democratic opinions, and behaving in immature ways. 30 Rock is the perfect example why you can't give lead roles to tv writer turned "actor's".
  88. Mar 20, 2012
    This TV show is downright brilliant. I love Tina Fey. She is a genius! Every character differs and brings a special plot to this show. This makes it difficult to choose my favorite character because everyone is so unique!
  89. Jul 10, 2013
    Inconsistent at first, but later finds its footing by the season's midway point. A zany NBC comedy with wacky characters and occasionally brilliant and inspired writing. 7.4/10
  90. Dec 22, 2012
    30 Rock is created by Tina Fey- a brilliant comic who deserves praise. While 30 rock isn't always funny, and sometimes awkward the only person I want to punch is Kenneth and Tracy Morgan- it is flawed but the t.v. show is great. It's great. Not the best, but still good.
  91. Feb 8, 2013
    The show that launched a thousand ships, 30 Rock will be a writing/acting/absurdist inspiration for decades. We wouldn't have Girls, Community, Modern Family, without the ingenuity and genius of 30 Rock. Bravo.
  92. Jul 11, 2013
    This is sorely underrated...

This is the funniest show to have ever aired on television. I am not kidding you. I have watched every single episode of this show, half of them twice. The first season is still the best, though. The writing remains as strong until the last season, but the production values got *too* high... the kind of jury-rigged, duct-tape-fixed camera and prop action
    This is sorely underrated...

The first season is still the best, though. The writing remains as strong until the last season, but the production values got *too* high... the kind of jury-rigged, duct-tape-fixed camera and prop action made the solid writing and acting absolutely hilarious. Once they started bringing in higher-level stuff it felt a little more corporate, which is kind of ironic considering that a theme in the original two seasons was to make fun of all that...

The music is also what kills it. When I went back to watch this season I found that less music played over these episodes, and that actually made it funnier. Once they start adding incidental music and such it gets kind of cheesy later on.

So yeah, this is definitely the best and most hilarious season of the funniest show on television. I love Tina to death. I hope she does another show soon, but I hope she keeps her husband's crappy incidental music out of it. Just use his themes.
  93. Oct 6, 2013
    WItty, intelligent, and hilarious 30 Rock seems to have everything going for it. Through all the seasons, the characters are sustained and the humour is current. I think for it to have become a popular show however, it needed to connect more with the audience and allow us to be a little more emotionally invested in the characters.
  94. Aug 4, 2014
    30 rock isn't your average TV sitcom...it's better. This TV show is mainly carried by Tina Fey's whitty comedy and Alec Baldwin's great timing and acting. Tina doesn't really do much for me acting wise, but her ability to make fun of herself is hilarious. This show rightfully deserved the emmy's and golden globes it won.
  95. Sep 12, 2014
    One of the best TV comedies of all times. The acting is brilliant, it moves quickly, it is hilarious, and it's up on the list next to Seinfeld and the Office.
  96. Apr 21, 2015
    The first season is passably, 30 rock hits it's stride in the 3rd season and peak's in the 4-5 seasons. Definitely keep up with the show as it builds the characters out

One of the zaniest - and most savvy - workplace comedies in years.
  2. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    For all the show's cartooniness, its gender-conscious take on the TV business is actually more sophisticated [than Studio 60's].
  3. The standard caution is relevant -- debut episodes tend to be highly polished. All the more reason to enjoy the hilarious scenes and fine ensemble cast here.