• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 11, 2006
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7
8.2

1. Jan 8, 2011
    30 Rock is the funniest show around!!! Gosh, never knew how good it was until I sat down and watched the entire first season. With great humour and some pretty excellent actors, it can grab and keep one's attention for quite a while. I am definitely watching Season 2 as soon as I get the chance!
    Highly recommended!!
  2. nbc
    Aug 17, 2010
    This is definitely the best show on television. Tina fey is a comedic mastermind and the supporting cast is phenomenal. You will really be missing out on excellence if you don't check this out.
  3. Oct 17, 2010
    A brilliant first season that layed the groundwork for what has become television's best comedy by a mile. Tina Fey's brilliance is present in every episode, and Alec Baldwin proved to be revelation as Jack Donaghy, television's funniest character. "Hardball," which still might be the show's best episode, was the highlight of the season, deftly balancing zaniness and plot.
  4. Oct 18, 2010
    the best show since arrested development, tina fey is a great writer and actor, i love her nerdy charm, i just wish the show was longer it goes by too quick
  5. Nov 27, 2010
    This show is full of wit and great acting. A few jokes are misses, but they're a small percentage when you look at the very funny full pictures. Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin bring their phenominal acting, but they aren't spoiled, they share the fun with the entire cast. It is definitely worth it.
  6. Jan 21, 2011
    Now this season is a tricky one. It takes a whiiiilee to get going, to find what it does best (the Jack, Liz relationship), but when it does, hilarity ensues, of course. This season of 30 Rock is probably the one I'm least fond of, that doesn't mean its bad, because it really, really isn't. I just enjoy the Jack and Liz dynamic of the following seasons more.
  7. Feb 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely brilliant!

This show is full of sarcasm, wit and out of the ordinary humour.
    Tina Fey has achieved the impossible of making every single episode hilarious!

What is brilliant is that certain quotes from some episodes turn out to have their own dedicated episode later in the series such as when one character mentions her film "The Rural Juror" in one episode but through the season it gains more recognition by the characters right until it has an episode which is genius!
  8. May 16, 2011
    One of the most fantastic shows on television. Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin are fantastic leads, and are backed by an extremely funny supporting cast. The show has pretty goofy humor, but the writing is spot on. The show also gets stronger as it goes on. Don't watch less than the first 4-5 episodes or you will not get the full experience of the show.
  9. Aug 19, 2011
    30 Rock is easily the most ingenious show on television. The writing is superb and the humor is witty and non stop. The acting is perfect and the chemistry between Alec Baldwin and Tina Fey is second to none. 30 Rock has created such a high standard that I have trouble enjoying most other shows on air.
  10. Jan 6, 2012
    Holy crap do I love this show. The comedy is right up my alley. Alec Baldwin is a huge standout, though I can't get enough of Tina Fey. Lots of strongly-defined recurring characters that shine when they get their on-screen time. I have no idea if there are still new episodes being made...but I kinda hope so, even if the show has had a good run.
  11. Mar 20, 2012
    This TV show is downright brilliant. I love Tina Fey. She is a genius! Every character differs and brings a special plot to this show. This makes it difficult to choose my favorite character because everyone is so unique!
  12. Nov 1, 2012
    I don't know if there's ever been an episode of "30 Rock" where I haven't laughed really hard. Whether or not it's a line from the ever sardonic Liz Lemon, moronic Tracy Jordan, star-obsessed Jenna Maroney, the witty Jack Donagheuy or ever-enthusiastic Kenneth Parcell, the show is consistently funny and stands apart from all sitcoms. It's ten-times more biting, and Fey is perfect.
  13. Feb 8, 2013
    Practically the funniest show on tv. The mishaps of Miss Lemon is just down right hilarious!
    So sad it's ended. God good Lemon, i hope another show starts just like this!
  14. Feb 8, 2013
    The show that launched a thousand ships, 30 Rock will be a writing/acting/absurdist inspiration for decades. We wouldn't have Girls, Community, Modern Family, without the ingenuity and genius of 30 Rock. Bravo.
  15. Jul 11, 2013
    This is sorely underrated...

This is the funniest show to have ever aired on television. I am not kidding you. I have watched every single episode of this show, half of them twice.

The first season is still the best, though. The writing remains as strong until the last season, but the production values got *too* high... the kind of jury-rigged, duct-tape-fixed camera and prop action
    made the solid writing and acting absolutely hilarious. Once they started bringing in higher-level stuff it felt a little more corporate, which is kind of ironic considering that a theme in the original two seasons was to make fun of all that...

The music is also what kills it. When I went back to watch this season I found that less music played over these episodes, and that actually made it funnier. Once they start adding incidental music and such it gets kind of cheesy later on.

So yeah, this is definitely the best and most hilarious season of the funniest show on television. I love Tina to death. I hope she does another show soon, but I hope she keeps her husband's crappy incidental music out of it. Just use his themes.
  16. Jul 28, 2013
    One of the funniest shows on television I've ever seen. It's insanely addictive and hilarious. Highly recommended. Tina Fey's writing is great, as well as her comedic timing. Every character is likable and at one point or other, funny.
  17. Aug 4, 2014
    30 rock isn't your average TV sitcom...it's better. This TV show is mainly carried by Tina Fey's whitty comedy and Alec Baldwin's great timing and acting. Tina doesn't really do much for me acting wise, but her ability to make fun of herself is hilarious. This show rightfully deserved the emmy's and golden globes it won.
  18. Sep 12, 2014
    One of the best TV comedies of all times. The acting is brilliant, it moves quickly, it is hilarious, and it's up on the list next to Seinfeld and the Office.

One of the zaniest - and most savvy - workplace comedies in years.
  2. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    For all the show's cartooniness, its gender-conscious take on the TV business is actually more sophisticated [than Studio 60's].
  3. The standard caution is relevant -- debut episodes tend to be highly polished. All the more reason to enjoy the hilarious scenes and fine ensemble cast here.