• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 11, 2006
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7
8.2

1. Jan 18, 2013
    30 Rock stars the fantastic Tina Fey as Liz Lemon, the head writer of a fictional live variety programme called The Girlie Show, as she tries to manage her out of control actors while still making time for some sort of personal life.

As with any sit-com 30 Rock takes a few episodes to really get going as we start to understand the personalities of the cast. Each of the characters have
    their moments but it is the central relationship between Liz Lemon and company executive Jack Donaghy (Alec Baldwin) that really sets the show apart from other comedies. Baldwin Expand
  2. Oct 17, 2010
    A brilliant first season that layed the groundwork for what has become television's best comedy by a mile. Tina Fey's brilliance is present in every episode, and Alec Baldwin proved to be revelation as Jack Donaghy, television's funniest character. "Hardball," which still might be the show's best episode, was the highlight of the season, deftly balancing zaniness and plot.
  3. Jul 10, 2013
    Inconsistent at first, but later finds its footing by the season's midway point. A zany NBC comedy with wacky characters and occasionally brilliant and inspired writing. 7.4/10
  4. nbc
    Aug 17, 2010
    This is definitely the best show on television. Tina fey is a comedic mastermind and the supporting cast is phenomenal. You will really be missing out on excellence if you don't check this out.
  5. Feb 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely brilliant!

This show is full of sarcasm, wit and out of the ordinary humour.
    Tina Fey has achieved the impossible of making every single episode hilarious!

What is brilliant is that certain quotes from some episodes turn out to have their own dedicated episode later in the series such as when one character mentions her film "The Rural Juror" in one episode but through the season it gains more recognition by the characters right until it has an episode which is genius!
  6. Jan 21, 2011
    Now this season is a tricky one. It takes a whiiiilee to get going, to find what it does best (the Jack, Liz relationship), but when it does, hilarity ensues, of course. This season of 30 Rock is probably the one I'm least fond of, that doesn't mean its bad, because it really, really isn't. I just enjoy the Jack and Liz dynamic of the following seasons more.
  7. Jan 8, 2011
    30 Rock is the funniest show around!!! Gosh, never knew how good it was until I sat down and watched the entire first season. With great humour and some pretty excellent actors, it can grab and keep one's attention for quite a while. I am definitely watching Season 2 as soon as I get the chance!
    Highly recommended!!
  8. Feb 14, 2012
    Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin are grrreeat in 30 rock. Every character is solid but liz and jack just trump all others. Going through the first 5 seasons on netflix was amazing, I seriously would watch about a season a day. The characters grew on me so much throughout my viewings, I still go back and rewatch random episodes because they're all great!
  9. Dec 22, 2012
    30 Rock is created by Tina Fey- a brilliant comic who deserves praise. While 30 rock isn't always funny, and sometimes awkward the only person I want to punch is Kenneth and Tracy Morgan- it is flawed but the t.v. show is great. It's great. Not the best, but still good.
  10. Nov 27, 2010
    This show is full of wit and great acting. A few jokes are misses, but they're a small percentage when you look at the very funny full pictures. Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin bring their phenominal acting, but they aren't spoiled, they share the fun with the entire cast. It is definitely worth it.
  11. May 28, 2011
    Alec Baldwin, Tina Fey and Tracy Morgan are three different types of humor that mesh well together. I don't understand how this has low ratings and shows like "How I met your mother" or "The Big Bang Theory" or "Two and a Half Men" have good ratings. This feels like Arrested Development - in that it's just too goddam funny for the average douchebag.
  12. Feb 11, 2012
    When I first heard about this show I was really excited because I heard it was a sitcom with Alec Baldwin and Tracy Morgan. Unfortunately, it's 30 minutes of Tiny Fey dating men out of her league, expressing Democratic opinions, and behaving in immature ways. 30 Rock is the perfect example why you can't give lead roles to tv writer turned "actor's".
  13. Nov 1, 2012
    I don't know if there's ever been an episode of "30 Rock" where I haven't laughed really hard. Whether or not it's a line from the ever sardonic Liz Lemon, moronic Tracy Jordan, star-obsessed Jenna Maroney, the witty Jack Donagheuy or ever-enthusiastic Kenneth Parcell, the show is consistently funny and stands apart from all sitcoms. It's ten-times more biting, and Fey is perfect.
  14. Apr 1, 2014
    This one found and held its groove for quite awhile, and ended on a good note. I would get a solid laugh generally every episode and it has rewatchability because some of the humor is very complex and witty. One of the top sitcoms I've seen.
  15. Oct 18, 2010
    the best show since arrested development, tina fey is a great writer and actor, i love her nerdy charm, i just wish the show was longer it goes by too quick
  16. Oct 6, 2013
    WItty, intelligent, and hilarious 30 Rock seems to have everything going for it. Through all the seasons, the characters are sustained and the humour is current. I think for it to have become a popular show however, it needed to connect more with the audience and allow us to be a little more emotionally invested in the characters.
  17. Jul 25, 2011
    Unexceptional. Its fine. It has some chucklesome moments and Alec Baldwin is pretty good, having most of them. The rest of the comedy is bland. If its on and you have nothing better to do, watch it, otherwise there are so many other shows out there that are so much funnier.

Its a little sad to describe it as fast paced and witty because really, it is anything but that - but then
    when you see so many 10s and 0s as review scores that tells you all you need to know about the reviewers! Expand
  18. Jan 6, 2012
    Holy crap do I love this show. The comedy is right up my alley. Alec Baldwin is a huge standout, though I can't get enough of Tina Fey. Lots of strongly-defined recurring characters that shine when they get their on-screen time. I have no idea if there are still new episodes being made...but I kinda hope so, even if the show has had a good run.
  19. Feb 8, 2013
    The show that launched a thousand ships, 30 Rock will be a writing/acting/absurdist inspiration for decades. We wouldn't have Girls, Community, Modern Family, without the ingenuity and genius of 30 Rock. Bravo.
  20. Jul 11, 2013
    This is sorely underrated...

This is the funniest show to have ever aired on television. I am not kidding you. I have watched every single episode of this show, half of them twice.

The first season is still the best, though. The writing remains as strong until the last season, but the production values got *too* high... the kind of jury-rigged, duct-tape-fixed camera and prop action
    made the solid writing and acting absolutely hilarious. Once they started bringing in higher-level stuff it felt a little more corporate, which is kind of ironic considering that a theme in the original two seasons was to make fun of all that...

The music is also what kills it. When I went back to watch this season I found that less music played over these episodes, and that actually made it funnier. Once they start adding incidental music and such it gets kind of cheesy later on.

So yeah, this is definitely the best and most hilarious season of the funniest show on television. I love Tina to death. I hope she does another show soon, but I hope she keeps her husband's crappy incidental music out of it. Just use his themes.
  21. May 16, 2011
    One of the most fantastic shows on television. Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin are fantastic leads, and are backed by an extremely funny supporting cast. The show has pretty goofy humor, but the writing is spot on. The show also gets stronger as it goes on. Don't watch less than the first 4-5 episodes or you will not get the full experience of the show.
  22. Jul 28, 2013
    One of the funniest shows on television I've ever seen. It's insanely addictive and hilarious. Highly recommended. Tina Fey's writing is great, as well as her comedic timing. Every character is likable and at one point or other, funny.
  23. Aug 4, 2014
    30 rock isn't your average TV sitcom...it's better. This TV show is mainly carried by Tina Fey's whitty comedy and Alec Baldwin's great timing and acting. Tina doesn't really do much for me acting wise, but her ability to make fun of herself is hilarious. This show rightfully deserved the emmy's and golden globes it won.
  24. Aug 19, 2011
    30 Rock is easily the most ingenious show on television. The writing is superb and the humor is witty and non stop. The acting is perfect and the chemistry between Alec Baldwin and Tina Fey is second to none. 30 Rock has created such a high standard that I have trouble enjoying most other shows on air.
  25. Jan 21, 2012
    I have not watch 30Rock since they attempted to make a joke out of the Kent State shooting. I was there it was not funny, not funny at all. Very disappointed in the writing from Tina. Alex was never funny, just a self center person.
  26. Mar 20, 2012
    This TV show is downright brilliant. I love Tina Fey. She is a genius! Every character differs and brings a special plot to this show. This makes it difficult to choose my favorite character because everyone is so unique!
  27. Feb 8, 2013
    Practically the funniest show on tv. The mishaps of Miss Lemon is just down right hilarious!
    So sad it's ended. God good Lemon, i hope another show starts just like this!

One of the zaniest - and most savvy - workplace comedies in years.
  2. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    For all the show's cartooniness, its gender-conscious take on the TV business is actually more sophisticated [than Studio 60's].
  3. The standard caution is relevant -- debut episodes tend to be highly polished. All the more reason to enjoy the hilarious scenes and fine ensemble cast here.