30 Rock : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.1

1. RobertS
    Oct 12, 2006
    Some good one-liners, Baldwin plays the pompus TV Exec out of his element too well. Over all, will wait to see the 2nd episode.
  2. ShellyM
    Oct 12, 2006
    Slightly above average at best; but good enough that I'll give it another chance next week.
  3. Oct 6, 2013
    WItty, intelligent, and hilarious 30 Rock seems to have everything going for it. Through all the seasons, the characters are sustained and the humour is current. I think for it to have become a popular show however, it needed to connect more with the audience and allow us to be a little more emotionally invested in the characters.
  4. RH
    Oct 17, 2006
    I'd do Tina Fey, no question, but would it be worth it if I had to watch the show? It's not horrible, but staring at the wall would seem to be about an equally good use of my time.
  5. Kev
    Oct 2, 2008
    Quite funny, but the laughs were pretty cheap. I did like the fast-paced wit the show offered though. It seemed on the right track, just a bit hit-and-miss as far as writing and acting goes.
  6. Dianne
    Oct 11, 2006
    Very disappointing. I'll watch Alec Baldwin read the phone book, and 30 should thank the TV gods that he took this role. Tracy Morgan was quite good. Generally, though, "blah".
  7. Jul 25, 2011
    Unexceptional. Its fine. It has some chucklesome moments and Alec Baldwin is pretty good, having most of them. The rest of the comedy is bland. If its on and you have nothing better to do, watch it, otherwise there are so many other shows out there that are so much funnier.

Its a little sad to describe it as fast paced and witty because really, it is anything but that - but then when you see so many 10s and 0s as review scores that tells you all you need to know about the reviewers!
  8. GerarseF
    Dec 26, 2006
    I really don't get what all the excitement is about. I laughed at Sports Night, really enjoy humor that requires thought, but in three episodes of 30 Rock I have yet to find much humor in it. I guess I will have to watch it since it is stuck between Scrubs and ER, I was just hoping for more.
  9. Apr 21, 2015
    The first season is passably, 30 rock hits it's stride in the 3rd season and peak's in the 4-5 seasons. Definitely keep up with the show as it builds the characters out

One of the zaniest - and most savvy - workplace comedies in years.
  2. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    For all the show's cartooniness, its gender-conscious take on the TV business is actually more sophisticated [than Studio 60's].
  3. The standard caution is relevant -- debut episodes tend to be highly polished. All the more reason to enjoy the hilarious scenes and fine ensemble cast here.