A Gifted Man : Season 1

• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2011
7.2

1. Feb 3, 2013
    A great medical drama, it's too bad it got canceled. I want something new though, A Gifted Man is the traditional medical drama, there are patients, they come in, they get treated. I want a redefining medical drama. This just isn't it.
  2. Nov 12, 2011
    Maybe this should have been called Asperger Man. In a nutshell: wife had the heart of gold and empathy role, hubby honed brilliance. He is so brilliant that other doctors become fumblingly incompetent in his presence. When you see him in action at the free clinic, the other doctors don't seem to be able to handle basic first aid or triage. How did they ever function without him? TheMaybe this should have been called Asperger Man. In a nutshell: wife had the heart of gold and empathy role, hubby honed brilliance. He is so brilliant that other doctors become fumblingly incompetent in his presence. When you see him in action at the free clinic, the other doctors don't seem to be able to handle basic first aid or triage. How did they ever function without him? The episode I just watched (my last!), he finally found a supermodel/doctor with a heart of gold to run the clinic (thank God! what if someone ugly or over 30 had come along?) So now viewers can watch as Asperger dude takes 2 or 3 seasons before someone tells him that new doc is hot and he should go for it. She of course, will pine away in that cute, sassy, rescueing lives kind of way these show are so fond of. It will be painful viewing, I'm sure. Expand
  3. Oct 8, 2011
    I'm surprised this show ever made it to air. The storylines are predictable, the lead is wooden and the last thing I want on a Friday night is to have some sanctimonious message shoved down my throat. Can't see it lasting long.

1. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Sep 26, 2011
    The problem is not the supernatural, it's the sanctimony.
  2. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Sep 26, 2011
    OK, OK, A Gifted Man, is not as bad as all that [Friendly-ghost mothers-in-law? Friendly-ghost proctologists? Friendly-ghost telephone solicitors?]. But it's not good, either.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Sep 26, 2011
    It's all a bit edgier than you might imagine, and I'll be giving this another look--though it's probably not going to keep me home on Fridays.