• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2011
  • Season #: 1
7.0

1. Sep 29, 2011
    I recorded this show based on the megacritic.com Critics Review. This is another one of those shows where I don't see what everyone is raving about. The story was rushed and obvious. It is a cheap knock off of House with a ghost and an extremely lame "new age" guru that reminds me of the one on Seinfeld that turned George purple. However, I think they wanted you to take this healer seriously.

I will not be watching Ep #2.
  2. Oct 8, 2011
    I'm surprised this show ever made it to air. The storylines are predictable, the lead is wooden and the last thing I want on a Friday night is to have some sanctimonious message shoved down my throat. Can't see it lasting long.
  3. Oct 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ugh! It has actually been a little painful watching this show. If I were watching it alone, I would've turned it off and been done with it. *SPOILERS* I find the concept of the show decent and it has possibilities. However, I don't feel the outcome took full advantage of those possibilities. I find the ex-wife, played by Jennifer Ehle, to be Super annoying! I know she's dead and that is horrible and I am sure that what she's doing for her ex-husband will help make him more caring, there is just something about how demanding she is that rubs me the wrong way. I think the character is judgemental, pushy, and dare I even say a little selfish. Selfish because she had her time here and now it's over, let the man have his, even if he is cold and bitter, it's his choice. I also don't even care for the actress in this role. I hope that this show gets canceled to prevent shows that don't feel like torture from being on the chopping block. Expand
  4. Jan 19, 2012
    OMG, I cannot believe that some folks actually pay this show a compliment. Last Friday night due to the fact that there just was'nt anything else on,my wife and I gave it a shot. I could'nt take it--oh sacrificing,oh so corning and adolecsant in human emotion. The truth me told it was so bad and because there was nothing else to escape to--maybe a 25th rerun of the Kardashians Terrorize New York? I simply wasted my Friday night by going to bed. The immaturity of the adolecsant type emotion reminds me very much of that other wounded spectacle "NCIS Los Angeles" oh, the heart warming moments and self sacrifice of the all too shallow characters. I just cannot believe what the networks are putting out on the aire nowadays. Is anybody watching? Expand
  5. Feb 3, 2013
    A great medical drama, it's too bad it got canceled. I want something new though, A Gifted Man is the traditional medical drama, there are patients, they come in, they get treated. I want a redefining medical drama. This just isn't it.

1. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Sep 26, 2011
    The problem is not the supernatural, it's the sanctimony.
  2. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Sep 26, 2011
    OK, OK, A Gifted Man, is not as bad as all that [Friendly-ghost mothers-in-law? Friendly-ghost proctologists? Friendly-ghost telephone solicitors?]. But it's not good, either.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Sep 26, 2011
    It's all a bit edgier than you might imagine, and I'll be giving this another look--though it's probably not going to keep me home on Fridays.