• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 21, 2009
6.2

1. BradR
    Jan 21, 2010
    Redefining down America's intelligence. Nobody but a complete moron would believe the laugh track on this show is anything but a machine. And no one but a 5 year old would be surprised at any of the plot "twists". A shame that some fairly decent acting talent is wasted on this. What did the actors ever do to the writing staff that they deserve to be stuck with this drivel?
  2. MVL
    Apr 1, 2010
    This show is "bloody" awful!!!!! CBS, please cancel it, ASAP!!!!! The review from Nelson C. is spot on and will make you laugh unlike the show.
  3. HilS
    Sep 22, 2009
    This show is poorly written and lamely acted by the leads. While reminiscent of Knocked Up, the leads here are not funny and the story has been done better before.
  4. NadiaL.
    Sep 25, 2009
    Elfman just really isn't good at these sitcoms. I didn't care for Darma and Greg either. I'm going to watch this show one more week, but I am doubtful there will be any improvement.
  5. KF.
    Sep 26, 2009
    What do you get when you "borrow" the idea for a sitcom from a moderately amusing movie? A sad and pathetic unfunny show. Even worse than the script is the very annoying laughtrack. The laughtrack occurs so often that it must be an "Accidentally on Purpose" attempt to drown out the terrible script writing.
  6. JackP.
    Oct 1, 2009
    The only way it could be worse is if they played a monotone noise for thirty minutes.
  7. DaveM
    Oct 19, 2009
    I agree, this shouldn't continue. But then again I like shows like Defying Gravity and that's already off the air. One thing that really bothers me about "Accidently..." is: If the show takes place in S.F. then why do they use the outside of a building in NYC whenever they show her at work? Don't they think that New Yorks 8 million people would question this? It's a I agree, this shouldn't continue. But then again I like shows like Defying Gravity and that's already off the air. One thing that really bothers me about "Accidently..." is: If the show takes place in S.F. then why do they use the outside of a building in NYC whenever they show her at work? Don't they think that New Yorks 8 million people would question this? It's a very well known building at the corner of Broadway and Houston. Expand
  8. RaysaJ.
    Oct 5, 2009
    So uncomfortable and annoying to watch it could give you a stroke. I'm going to call it all time worst show ever I'm twitching!
  9. mikep
    Sep 21, 2009
    The show dragged and its not close to funny. Please cancel ASAP.
  10. LindaD.
    Horribly unfunny.
  11. SherryA.
    Sep 22, 2009
    So disappointed!! I love Jenna Elfman and Grant Show, but I did not even crack a smile during that -whatever it was.... Jenna and Grant deserve better.
  12. DeniseB
    Sep 23, 2009
    This show was painfully unfunny. I "accidentally on purpose" deleted it from my DVR.
  13. AndrewL
    Sep 27, 2009
    Just painful to get through. The laugh track makes it even worse.
  14. NelsonC.
    Sep 27, 2009
    My brother and I share a PVR. We record a lot of stuff and we keep track of it on a spreadsheet. Sometimes, after we've seen something, we'll leave each other notes on what we thought. This is the note I got from my brother about 'Accidentally on Purpose'. I guarantee this note is funnier that the show: "Nelson- I watched the WHOLE show. I deserve a medal or some My brother and I share a PVR. We record a lot of stuff and we keep track of it on a spreadsheet. Sometimes, after we've seen something, we'll leave each other notes on what we thought. This is the note I got from my brother about 'Accidentally on Purpose'. I guarantee this note is funnier that the show: "Nelson- I watched the WHOLE show. I deserve a medal or some recognition for this. This show was awful. I did not laugh once. The story was terrible and the characters sucked. Oh, and it was NOT FUNNY. I have 2 suggestions for what you should do: 1 - Watch the first five minutes. If you don't like it, don't bother watching it because the rest of the episode was EXACTLY AS FUNNY AND INTERESTING as the first five minutes. 2 - Take your PVR, unplug it and drop it in a vat of acid, then burn down the building and move to japan in hopes of getting far enough away from this crap show to keep your soul safe. It is the devils work. Quick comments about the show: - Very noticeable and horrible Laugh Track - Super Cheesy UNFUNNY Jokes - Confusing as hell. 30 minute show with more story than an entire season of any other sitcom - Story that does exist doesn't make sense, because its stupid - Waste of time - WORST EDITING EVER. The whole show seemed like clips from several unfunny episodes. When i started to watch the episode, i thought it got taped wrong and it was near the end of the episode. Why? Because it was already deep into storylines 10 seconds into it. - I HONESTLY started to fast forward 3 times through the show by ACCIDENT, because the whole show felt like stupid commercial promos. - Who the hell are these stupid ass cliche characters? Can i please have a knife so i can go "jaw stabbing" PLEASE. I defy you NOT to hate this show! In fact, i suggest you use this show as a "Litmus test". If you hear of any person or critic showing any enjoyment or coming to the defense of this show... NEVER TRUST THEM. They are either extremely stupid, or shockingly delusional. I remember seeing in TV Week or one of your Entertainment Weeklys a half decent score. Find out who gave that score, and make a mental note to consider everything they say about anything at all, as insane ramblings. Elvis" I thought the note was funny so I watched the show. ...Yup, I'm moving to Japan. Expand
  15. "Zippyjet"
    Apr 14, 2010
    If I could give it a negative score I'd do it in a heartbeat. Do we really need? 1. Another sitcom dealing with a yuppy in New York or California who works in the media and where money is no object? 2. Endorsing getting knocked up by a one night stand? And dropping a love child? 3. Lines that even a caveman wouldn't stoop so low as to write? 4. Vapid Characters? My answer is a If I could give it a negative score I'd do it in a heartbeat. Do we really need? 1. Another sitcom dealing with a yuppy in New York or California who works in the media and where money is no object? 2. Endorsing getting knocked up by a one night stand? And dropping a love child? 3. Lines that even a caveman wouldn't stoop so low as to write? 4. Vapid Characters? My answer is a big fat NO! Jenna Elfman is cute and funny and can do better and deserves better. For whatever reason CBS Monday night comdies click with the exception of that one turkey. Anyone remember "The Class?" This one is an accident that didn't wait to happen. CBS, do us all a favor and relegate this one to the land of the cancelled like Three Rivers! Expand
  16. JohnV
    Oct 12, 2009
    Fell asleep the last time I watched the show. It's a poor forum for the talents of Elfman. Jon Foster needs to get out from the shadow of his more talented brother and find another career (and a decent shave). The rest of the crew are shallow and unlikable with the exception of the Australian actress. She deservesher own show.
  17. PerryS.
    Sep 21, 2009
    Not even close to the word funny. If the show would have had real actors, maybe just maybe, it could have made me and my family smile or chuckle a little.
  18. LarryM
    Sep 21, 2009
    I guess the joke was on us them. ja ja ja. good one. the show was not funny the commercials were better then the show.
  19. BethS.
    Sep 21, 2009
    Please don't let my words go on vain. Please Cancel that lousy show.
  20. MoeCl.
    Sep 21, 2009
    Cancel. ASAP. Not Funny ABC. the jokes on us we got so please make us all happy and cancel it.
  21. AlW.
    Sep 23, 2009
    I can't imagine a show being less funny than this. I watched it with a friend and we laughed a combined 0 times. Cancel ASAP.

1. Reviewed by: Randee Dawn
    This is an utterly predictable comedy (what, you don't think Zack and Billie will fall in love in Season 2, right after he starts dating another chick and Billie has an epiphany?) that's got a few fun lines.
    Accidentally on Purpose doesn't have the smarts to be the salvation of a genre, but neither does it look like the torpedo to sink the ship. Not great, but nothing heinous.
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Accidentally feels like a show that's nearly been focus-grouped into oblivion--with lines, beats and a cultural resonance that's so familiar you can almost see the baseball bat of predictability descending upon your head. So be it. Elfman's fine, as usual. This could be worse.