Adventure Time : Season 5

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
7.2

1. Oct 11, 2013
    By far the best season of Adventure Time yet with some of the greatest episodes to date. Those but tholes below me are complaining about the romance parts. The episodes named Earth And Water/Fire and Ice have for the time being effectively removed that element completely. The strongest fillet episodes are definitely on par with Card Wars and the like. Puhoy, All the Little People, andBy far the best season of Adventure Time yet with some of the greatest episodes to date. Those but tholes below me are complaining about the romance parts. The episodes named Earth And Water/Fire and Ice have for the time being effectively removed that element completely. The strongest fillet episodes are definitely on par with Card Wars and the like. Puhoy, All the Little People, and Dungeon Train are seemingly filler but flesh out Finn in awesome ways. Episodes further on dive into the individual kingdoms as almost to set the scene for an impending crisis for the finale. The shining stars this season has got to be the premier episodes, Simon and Marcy, I Remember You, Be More, FI/EW, and The Vault. Expand
  2. Jan 9, 2013
    Adventure time is a wonderful show filled with creativity, fantasy violence and funny moments. 22 years old, I usually don't watch kids shows but this is different. 10 out of 10.
  3. May 25, 2013
    Season 5 wraps up the "main" story of the Lich, which at the time was a relief. I felt that the show was bogged down by the constant Lich threat but the truth is that NOT having a constant objective seemed to hinder the show slightly. Free to go about on adventures without reason beyond the one presented in the show sounded like we would have another Season 1. Sadly, only few episodes hitSeason 5 wraps up the "main" story of the Lich, which at the time was a relief. I felt that the show was bogged down by the constant Lich threat but the truth is that NOT having a constant objective seemed to hinder the show slightly. Free to go about on adventures without reason beyond the one presented in the show sounded like we would have another Season 1. Sadly, only few episodes hit my interest and got me engaged (Mystery Dungeon, Simon & Marcy, BMO Lost, and The Suitor). All other episodes seem run of the mill with Adventure Time and the creators aren't really pushing the show outside of its comfort zone, but music, background (in most cases), and sound design still remain one of the best. Expand
  4. Apr 26, 2013
    This season was awesome, since it revealed a lot of secrets that left us hanging in previous seasons, while is still had the coating of a warmhearted TV show where two heroes having adventure. 10/10
  5. Apr 17, 2015
    This season continued to expand the already fairly complex lore of The Land of Ooo. Plus we got lots of character development and backstory: with episodes following Finn's growing-up, and stories exploring / explaining the relationship between Marceline and The Ice King, among other things.
    A few, ambitious main story arcs were also introduced, such as the one focusing on Finn's arm and dad, respectively. while. Even between those arcs the episodes made an effort to maintain a sensible continuity.
    And finally, the creators didn't shy away from experimenting this season either, with several episodes produced in a different style, and others focusing on new, weirder aspects of Ooo and its inhabitants.
    Whether this means it was a good or a bad season, is of course subjective. Fortunately, I'm a huge fan of AT and I've gotten quite attached to its characters and the expansive lore. The fact that the show's tone and continuity became more serious over time only added to the experience for me, so I had a wonderful time with this fifth season as well.
  6. Jan 10, 2015

At its core, "Adventure

At its core, "Adventure Time" is the coming-of-age story about a hero named Finn, and his hardships and findings while adventuring with his best pal Jake. Finn has always been a very fun and likeable protagonist, but is in this season where it really shows why he's a great main lead for this story: he's flawed. He's really, really flawed, and he sometimes can be not that heroic. He's, well, a human. A human kid growing up and on his way of accepting responsabilities. It should resonate with young people.
    Also, many episodes this season are instant classics, like "Puhoy", The fifth season of "Adventure Time" takes the story, the characters and the scope to a whole new level, with a sensibility and attention to detail than most live action shows would wanna have. I just want to say, what a season we've gotten, even with its double lenght (52 episodes!) the writers managed to make several storylines flow to a fitting, solid end.
    At its core, "Adventure Time" is the coming-of-age story about a hero named Finn, and his hardships and findings while adventuring with his best pal Jake. Finn has always been a very fun and likeable protagonist, but is in this season where it really shows why he's a great main lead for this story: he's flawed. He's really, really flawed, and he sometimes can be not that heroic. He's just a kid on his way of accepting responsabilities, and that should resonate with most young people.

This season also gave us a good number of classics, like "Puhoy", "The Vault", "Simon and Marcy", "Lemonhope Part I and II", "Frost and Fire", "One Last Job" and "Dungeon Train". And that's just naming a few .

I'd say: Go watch it!

There are no critic reviews yet.