7.8

1. Sep 15, 2010
    An instant classic. Adventure Time is one show that kids of all ages will love. It's weird, zanny and non stop hilarious from start to finish. With Finn the young selfless hero and Jake the big brother the action packed adventures and unique characters they interact with is like no other show. It's not afraid to go to dark places or make adult jokes. Simply put if your not watching thisAn instant classic. Adventure Time is one show that kids of all ages will love. It's weird, zanny and non stop hilarious from start to finish. With Finn the young selfless hero and Jake the big brother the action packed adventures and unique characters they interact with is like no other show. It's not afraid to go to dark places or make adult jokes. Simply put if your not watching this show your really missing out. It's something you gotta watch to really see it's brilliance. Go see it now Expand
  2. Jul 12, 2012
    Adventure Time, to put plain and simply, is hilarious. As many have pointed out, it is a great show thats class compares to that of the old classic Cartoon Network shows. It is a good family show however most kids that are under teen ages tend to miss out on some jokes. To add to that, each character as well as each episode is unique with story lines that most producers wouldnt dare try toAdventure Time, to put plain and simply, is hilarious. As many have pointed out, it is a great show thats class compares to that of the old classic Cartoon Network shows. It is a good family show however most kids that are under teen ages tend to miss out on some jokes. To add to that, each character as well as each episode is unique with story lines that most producers wouldnt dare try to create. Overall it is one of the best Cartoons of this and possibly all generations therefore I encourage all to watch for you will have a great time! Expand
  3. Sep 3, 2010
    Occasionally dark, containing more adult themes, and frequently lighthearted, depicting a youthful idealism, this cartoon can be enjoyed by people of all ages. There are important lessons to be learned via the hijinks of Finn, Jake and all their friends.
  4. Sep 1, 2010
    Absolutely mathematical! I love this show with all my heart. Cartoon Network continues to make each new show more random and more algebraic than the last. The comedy is absolutely perfect, and surprisingly Fin is actually a pretty good role model for kids! This has to be the first child's cartoon with the word sexy in it. Totally rhombus!
  5. Feb 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this show is fun and entertaining my favorite show ever :D. its crazy and will never let you feel boring. Fin and Jake on magical adventures i mean who doesn't like to go on adventures? i do great show . Expand
  6. Jul 14, 2011
    Seriously? I'm surprised, from appropriate to inappropriate, cartoon network changed the style of their cartoons, from appropriate to inappropriate, that's what they've done, if you just keep looking at the walls of the house, you will see something totally inappropriate, even for kids under 15, hidden adult jokes, but not alot, afterall good, and I would just ignore those stuff.
  7. Jul 11, 2011
    At last, a great cartoon that kids of ALL ages can love. My 11th grade brother LOVES this show. It can reach out to teens with humor, and with the occasional things that make it seem like it is too inappropriate for kids.
  8. Jun 7, 2013
    This show was okay, this become too overrated by everyone. I hope people understand that this whole series is a huge flop after Season 4. Don't even bother trying to watch the newest seasons of this show. It's just terrible. I heard the fans help shape this show. Great job fans for making the show a laughing stock. Regular Show and Amazing World of Gumball have more effort and class. Let'sThis show was okay, this become too overrated by everyone. I hope people understand that this whole series is a huge flop after Season 4. Don't even bother trying to watch the newest seasons of this show. It's just terrible. I heard the fans help shape this show. Great job fans for making the show a laughing stock. Regular Show and Amazing World of Gumball have more effort and class. Let's not forget the new cartoons that are much better than Adventure Time are coming soon. Expand
  9. DME
    Oct 26, 2010
    Hilarious! More for the older teens rather than kids. It's full of one-liners, corny jokes, and slapstick humor! You'll probably feel stupid for watching it (but you know you love it)! EDIT: Later episodes (Season 2) are starting to lose their charm... but Season 1 is totaly algabraic.
  10. Apr 24, 2011
    I never thought I would say this but Cartoon Network is getting better. Their random humour just works perfect in this. It's like the old Spongebob (now Spongebob is aimed at toddlers).
  11. Sep 5, 2011
    Serreal as it is addictive, Cartoon Network is currently airing a breath of fresh air for children, and teens alike. The character's are perfectly wacky and the plots, displays, and action is something right out of a moving comic book.
  12. Sep 10, 2011
    It....used to be good. This show isn't as great as everyone is saying. It's never scary, never that adulty. It's mainly boring. This show is frequently decreasing in quality. You can clearly see something is going on between "My Two Favorite People" to "Morturi Te Salutimus". It's time someone actually came out with a true review. I love this show still but, when it comes down to it, thisIt....used to be good. This show isn't as great as everyone is saying. It's never scary, never that adulty. It's mainly boring. This show is frequently decreasing in quality. You can clearly see something is going on between "My Two Favorite People" to "Morturi Te Salutimus". It's time someone actually came out with a true review. I love this show still but, when it comes down to it, this really isn't as great as everyone is saying. Expand
  13. Mar 21, 2012
    The recent shows on cartoon network have saved the channel from certain doom. This is probably the front-runner because of great characters and funny moments.
  14. Jan 9, 2012
    Witty, hilarious, charming, funny, heartwarming, original and dark is the perfect way to describe an awesome show called Adventure Time. Nearly all the characters are funny looking and cool. Adventure Time is something from a child's imagination.
  15. Apr 28, 2013
    A very fun show original in it's approach and absolutely ridiculous in it's plot and concept. Dark and strange world with interesting characters, well-developed plots, and nothing but the best in animation. I recommend this to many people.
  16. Mar 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can honestly say, that this is one of the WORST shows I have ever seen, very few episodes I like, it's NOT funny and is plain boring. The characters are just plain ugly, look at Jake, did they try to make him uncool, unfunny and the main killers of this show? His eyes are plain ugly, if my eyes and ears can puke, they would. Honestly, this is not Regular Show, which is actually cool and funny, this is NOT! This is ugly, unfunny, uncool, poorly drawn, has bad jokes and has some of the worst and unfunny characters I can imagine. This is not cool. Not funny, just dark, creepy and unfunny. Expand
  17. MrD
    Mar 10, 2011
    I just cant tell you why, maybe its too much like my life, but this show is freaking funny. Coupled with the Regular Show and Robotomy/Superjail! is just epic. The only shows I really look forward to on a weekly basis
  18. Jul 17, 2011
    This is the Best cartoon to hit the airwaves in a long time, Adventure time with Finn and Jake is one of the funnest shows on tv. With a colourful cast of characters, a beautiful world, and terrific voices this show is an instant classic !
  19. Apr 5, 2012
    Take any good classic RPG game, add a hefty helping of childhood, sprinkle some adult humor and morality over it, and top it off with some of the best character's ever. Bake for 3 seasons and out comes what is sure to be one of the best shows on Cartoon Network. Fun for all ages with mathematical bad guy buttkicking, role models we can all relate to and actually follow, and a wonderlandTake any good classic RPG game, add a hefty helping of childhood, sprinkle some adult humor and morality over it, and top it off with some of the best character's ever. Bake for 3 seasons and out comes what is sure to be one of the best shows on Cartoon Network. Fun for all ages with mathematical bad guy buttkicking, role models we can all relate to and actually follow, and a wonderland setting that does it better than even Alice in Wonderland. What makes it even better is that now that it's in its third and fourth seasons, overarching storylines and character development are going full throttle now. I'll admit, Season 2 and some of 3 made Finn look like a wus, but now, I have no complaints. Keep it up, Cartoon Network. Expand
  20. Feb 26, 2014
    Some of the content contained within Adventure Time means it is not really suitable for younger children but, whilst it has a certain charm, it is never as consistently funny as the best adult cartoons such as The Simpsons (the earlier seasons anyway) and Archer.

It's watchable but not a show I'll be sticking with.
  21. Sep 15, 2011
    I love this show. I used to think it was for kids and that it sucked but I thought wrong! THIS SHOW IS AWESOME! With Jake the Dog and Finn the Human! It just rocks your socks off! If this show ever becomes a reality I know that I can just chill with Jake and Finn. A 14/10
  22. Aug 4, 2012
    The show was great, I think the creator don't have many ideas anymore, before it was great, now about a 5, I could watch the show, but again not as good. The show is slowly getting worse. Some jokes are not funny, just stupid, but some are good.
  23. Nov 2, 2011
    This show is pretty incredible. There isn't much about this show that hasn't already been said, so I'll summarize: The humor is witty, the writing is near-perfect, and the overall appearance is awesome. Give it a chance if you haven't already.
  24. May 23, 2014
    A childish cartoon for 25-year-olds? Every episode threw awesome fresh ideas at me, to the point where the entire season stands as the most epic four hours I ever spent in front of a screen. I use two watered-down words, 'awesome' and 'epic', but in this case, they are true and describe the show's qualities well. It also has a fantastic vocabulary ("radical" and "mathematical" is used asA childish cartoon for 25-year-olds? Every episode threw awesome fresh ideas at me, to the point where the entire season stands as the most epic four hours I ever spent in front of a screen. I use two watered-down words, 'awesome' and 'epic', but in this case, they are true and describe the show's qualities well. It also has a fantastic vocabulary ("radical" and "mathematical" is used as very positive adjectives). The humor is curious, logical but wild, and even philosophical. The dumb quick gags stay in the background. I have no ideas how to improve the fun and inventiveness of this show. The only thing I could suggest would be more educative science/tech stuff, since that could go well with the series heroes. Expand
  25. Apr 4, 2012
    This show is just starting to hit its stride. Overarching story lines, insane situations, hidden adult humor that is not crude in conjunction with the innocent humor is appreciated as well. Not really for kids, rather teens and up. This series is only going to become more epic with time as well considering that Finn ages in conjunction with his voice actor. Cannot express how great thisThis show is just starting to hit its stride. Overarching story lines, insane situations, hidden adult humor that is not crude in conjunction with the innocent humor is appreciated as well. Not really for kids, rather teens and up. This series is only going to become more epic with time as well considering that Finn ages in conjunction with his voice actor. Cannot express how great this show is, just take a peek at a few episodes to get acquainted. Pick some from mid to late season one then go back to the beginning and enjoy. A real treat for the open-minded. Expand
  26. Apr 12, 2012
    Childhood is a strange thing. You think about stuff that slowly becomes less and less surreal as you age. Unicorns, Easter Bunny, fairy tales, and much more. So Cartoon Network decided to dig deep into this whole "childhood imagination" thing, and came up with Adventure Time. If you've heard about the show by now, your thoughts about it should be positive. Even before the show aired, itChildhood is a strange thing. You think about stuff that slowly becomes less and less surreal as you age. Unicorns, Easter Bunny, fairy tales, and much more. So Cartoon Network decided to dig deep into this whole "childhood imagination" thing, and came up with Adventure Time. If you've heard about the show by now, your thoughts about it should be positive. Even before the show aired, it gained popularity via it's ads and creative art style. If you've heard about this show on the ads, wikipedia, or your friends, they're all right about the show on how they describe it. It's all in the ads people. What you see is what you get in Adventure Time. For starters, Adventure Time takes place in the magical land of ooo, where all types of creatures roam the earth after a nuclear bomb hit. The show revovles around Finn, a 12 yaer old human boy, and Jake, a magical dog with stretchy arms. The design of these two characters are fun, colorful and cheery, just as everything else is in the land of ooo. Finn and Jake claim to be heroes whoose job is to protect ooo and it's people, especialy princess bubblegum. Why is there always a princess in these types of shows? heh...Bubblegum is constantly stalked by the Ice King, whom is desperatley looking for a wife; kidnapping princessess and finding which one workd best for him. It's a bit weird, but it works. Finn and Jake won't always be protecting Bubblegum. They go far beyond that, and the result is rather entertaining compared to imagination/adventure cartoon rejects such as the likes of Chowder and Flapjack. EWverything from vampires, alein babies, castle raiding and so much more is present throughout Finn and Jake's Adventures. Fun. That's the perfect wrd to describe it all. The whole idea is just simply fun, no matter how stupid and simple the plot of each episode may be. The whole idea of "Adventure" in the show is a complete gimmick. Sure, Finn and Jake get into some pretty sweet situations, but it's all flawed by one thing: fights. Due to the length of each episode being only 15 minutes, fights are short and boring. Finn and Jake always end up beating an enemy in on quick blow. It's all so short and dissapointing. In one episode, Finn finds a monster in some sort of dimensional test for a book, or somthing. he has to fight an evil monster to past the first part of the test. Finn jumps on the monster and explodes him in 4-6 quick punches. There was absolutely no excitment in that, and almost seemed pathetic. nad in another episode, Finn attempts to fight a vampire, whom has gone through a hideous transformation. He punches the vampire once in the face, and the vampire just gives up because the punch actualy hurt her and she had her fun. BORING! All of this has to be flawed by each of the episodes length. Each episode clocks in around 11 minutes minus commercilas, and it just feels like CN just didn't have enough time. If the show were split up into 30 minute segments, everything would have worked out magnificantly. But no. The show's humor mostly consits of casual laid back humor at times, while at other times the show uses the American classic: the fart jokes. Jokes never become LOL funny, but some do manage to grab an occasional chukle once in a while. Sometimes you just stare at the screen and say "really?" at what Finn has just considered a joke. This is especialy present in season 2, where the show veers off into mediocre nonsense. Season 3 and 4 are a blst though. It provides for some exciting moments, like Princess Bubblegum and Finn's relationship growing, but still, this is flawed down by a cheesy romance and pittiful battle seqences. YAWN. The music in the show is pretty fun, just like the show in general, and thakes us back to the good old days of Gamboy color where music sounded like electronic drips of water. That's exactly what you'll hear in Adventure Time. There's really not a lot you can say about voice acting. It's all done well, and it's exactly what you expect in a cartoon. Younger ones will find themselves reapeating the lines of the show to their friends countless times. Adventure Time is the best cartoon CN has come out with in a long time. The music is catchy, the setting is imaginative, but most importantly, it's fun and irrististable. My only real complaints are the fights, length, cheesy plots and (wait for it) Finn and Bubblegum's romance. It has got to be the most irritating thing I've ever heard. Who fals in love with a wad of bubblegum? It's all complete nonsense. But that won't keep the show down. It's great, and you should definetly give it a shot. If you don't like the show, whatever. Although I'm a little confused as to why. Adventure Time gets an 8 out of 10. Expand
  27. Jun 23, 2012
    Adventure Time is, imo, one of the best shows on television. It has a great mixture of of childish humor that often masks a subplot that is either dark or adult. Really, it's a great 15 minute show for all ages.
  28. May 28, 2012
    It used to be a good show. I really did like it but then it got really cheezy and then unwatchable, so based on the current episodes its does not appeal to much anymore.
  29. May 28, 2012
    Seems to me that this show has lost all of its thunder. As with most shows like this they rise and fall like any other cartoon because it got boring and repetitive. Well Season 1 and 2 were the best and now well its just loaded with cheezy phraselines and poor sotry structure.
  30. Jun 5, 2012
    Honestly One Of The Best Current Show's On Cartoon Network!
  31. Dec 10, 2012
    One of the best animated tv shows of all time, Love the animating, love the bizarre humor and love the fact that it appeals to kids, teens and adults with its dark yet childish humor.
  32. Jul 30, 2012
    This show has amazing animation and even better content. Best animation I have seen in a show. It has the simple stuff for the children, but also a thing or two for the teenager, or maybe even for the 20-something.
  33. Sep 17, 2012
    Adventure time is just an awesome television show...It's great for kids of all ages. It's strange, it's funny, and it's very entertaining. There is nothing about this show to criticize, it's perfect in almost every way.
  34. Nov 12, 2012
    This show has to be the best show on CN now, it has an amazing story and an amazing community on reddit. This show was realy well done, the background story is so amazing! The music is also amazing! The episode "I remember you" made almost everyone cry when that song played. This show is great.
  35. Jul 15, 2013
    This show is a genuine cult phenomenon for a reason and you should check it out for sure. Finn and Jake have a great dynamic and every adventure is unique. I love the subversive and anticlimactic humour at every corner in this season.
  36. May 17, 2013
    Okay, I'll admit. I like this show a lot, and so do my friends. Aside from the occasional toilet humor, Adventure Time manages to deliver storyline, action, and humor in good tastes. The characters are well-rounded and lovable, especially Marceline and Lumpy Space Princess. The episode plots are strange yet charming. However, I find the animation and art style to be a bit... simplistic.Okay, I'll admit. I like this show a lot, and so do my friends. Aside from the occasional toilet humor, Adventure Time manages to deliver storyline, action, and humor in good tastes. The characters are well-rounded and lovable, especially Marceline and Lumpy Space Princess. The episode plots are strange yet charming. However, I find the animation and art style to be a bit... simplistic. It's animated in Adobe Flash, and not all the characters are "good-looking," and Lemongrab is absolutely annoying, but I guess that's okay for a kids show. Expand
  37. Oct 28, 2012
    "Adventure Time" is a show not meant for some kids. It does have some good qualities but other than that it 's filled with adult jokes for something that airs on adult swim.
  38. Nov 5, 2013
    Surreal, funny, subversive, philosophical, all in eleven compact minutes! If you're new to the show, there are plenty to amuse you, but if you have been with the show for a season or more, every scene has a layer of importance and meaning. Since it's animated and set in the future, the creators have basically given themselves a very epic, very wide canvas to play in. Magic, scienceSurreal, funny, subversive, philosophical, all in eleven compact minutes! If you're new to the show, there are plenty to amuse you, but if you have been with the show for a season or more, every scene has a layer of importance and meaning. Since it's animated and set in the future, the creators have basically given themselves a very epic, very wide canvas to play in. Magic, science fiction, environmentalism, politics, racism, horror, comedy, they've tried all that and they have the potential to explore even more topics. Expand
  39. Jan 8, 2014
    I-I-I don't even know what to say.
    Sometimes I watch Adventure Time and wish I was a 13 yeard old kid with attention deficit to fully appreciate it in all its glory.
    I don't remember stumbling upon such funny, remarkable, ironic and amazing animation since I watched Ren & Stimpy. I love all the characters, I love the clues inside episodes, I love the lore of the world and how dark and
    I-I-I don't even know what to say.
    I love all the characters, I love the clues inside episodes, I love the lore of the world and how dark and post-apolyptical it is, I love the honesty in Fin...
    It's like the creators submerged themselves in the collective unconsciousness of my generation and precisely took all the things to make an interesting show, from blonde hair to nuclear war.
  40. Feb 25, 2013
    It's rare for me to give a TV show a score of 10, but this show deserves it. It's very entertaining and has a very unique sense of humor and it's not just a cute kiddie show. It's wonderful and everyone should watch it.
  41. Jan 26, 2013
    Adventure Time rules! It's epic and awesome. My 1st favorite TV show of all time is The Amazing World of Gumball. My favorite Character in Adventure Time is Finn and Jake.
  42. May 14, 2013
    This is the worst show I have ever seen, the animation is to simple it looks like it was made in adobe flash and it is just plain disgusting and everything else is just plain bad, it should be canceled forever and people watch this terrible show!
  43. Apr 22, 2013
    Hey If you need something to fill in the time switch to Hannah Montana or Zoey 101. Adventure Time I wasnt a fan EVER, but the first couple of episodes I saw weren't terrible now my brother and his friends (19-22) wanted to watch this before Regular Show (All of our favorites) and somehow Im the only one who noticed the decrease in quality. I mean RS is getting better and better AT isHey If you need something to fill in the time switch to Hannah Montana or Zoey 101. Adventure Time I wasnt a fan EVER, but the first couple of episodes I saw weren't terrible now my brother and his friends (19-22) wanted to watch this before Regular Show (All of our favorites) and somehow Im the only one who noticed the decrease in quality. I mean RS is getting better and better AT is doing the opposite. Expand
  44. Apr 26, 2013
    This show is awesome for the fact that that it looks like an ordinary, warmhearted show with to heroes seeking adventure. But, it's really about two heroes who are rising out of the shadows of what seems to be a nuclear war that took out part of the Earth. 10/10
  45. May 25, 2013
    Season 1 of Adventure Time is very compelling. Most episodes suck me into the world of Ooo, where it is set, and all elements of music, animation, and story really play in harmony. The innocent and simple adventures of Season 1 are a great "jump on" point for people who just want a decent cartoon.
  46. Jun 7, 2013
    Adventure Time's First Season was the ONLY season I loved and adored. The moments are spot on, the development with the characters were unique. Many aspects of the shows humor was needed and kept me and many others laughing and enjoying the show. Instant classic! 10/10!!
  47. Jun 8, 2013
    This just made me puke. How did this even get greenlit on Cartoon Network? At first it was great. Then repeatedly, the plots in this show just sank to the abyss to just die. How is this even popular is beyond me. Amazing World of Gumball is better than this trash.
  48. Jul 26, 2013
    I'm not sure if this show is for children or adults, but I consider myself a manchild so I'm obsessed with this show! Have you ever watched adventure time? Well have you ever watched adventure time on weeeeeeed? Its brilliant!
  49. Ogr
    Nov 22, 2013
    This is one of the best Cartoons of all time and I started watching Cartoons almost 30 years ago, I know most of the classics etc. but Adventure Time is just genius, damn creative, funny and not comparable to the rest. Belongs to my personal "Top 5"...
  50. Apr 23, 2014
    Adventure Time is the first cartoon series that I found enjoyable in recent years. It is weirdly inapropriate for kids there are so many suggestive themes and quotes that makes things awkwardly out of place but that makes it the reason why I like it so much. You gotta watch this show it is so damn good!
  51. Dec 15, 2014
    3/5★ Adventure Time
    Deceptively childlike, Adventure Time can appeal to kids, adults and everything in between. It has a silly innocence to it, while simultaneously handling sophisticated plotlines. Its a boy and his talking dog best friend having adventures in a fully realized world inhabited by many characters and different places.
    As for myself, I didn't like it. Verdict: Try it
    3/5★ Adventure Time
    As for myself, I didn't like it.

Verdict: Try it and decide.
  52. Nov 26, 2014
    So, seasons 1-5 we see a very interesting back story getting revealed, that involves the main characters, thus I give the seasons 1-5 a 8/10. Season 6 from the other hand is nothing more that clip shows with most of them not even having the feeling that Adventure Time seasons 1-5 had. So i give season 6 a 3/10
  53. Dec 13, 2014
    This is, currently, my second favourite TV show of all time (making it my top animated series ever made). It is, plain and simple, amazing. The characters, the story, the score; every solid component of this series is mind-blowingly brilliant, and they mix so, so surprisingly well that I can only be in a permanent state of awe while watching this series. That said, I am fully aware thatThis is, currently, my second favourite TV show of all time (making it my top animated series ever made). It is, plain and simple, amazing. The characters, the story, the score; every solid component of this series is mind-blowingly brilliant, and they mix so, so surprisingly well that I can only be in a permanent state of awe while watching this series. That said, I am fully aware that this show isn't for everyone. It does have an idiosyncratic way of talking (combining modern and informal terms with very abstract and intellectual ones) and a very strange aesthetic (to say the least) that may not suit everyone (again, to say the least). So, yeah. I just love this show. Give it a try. Expand

There are no critic reviews yet.