• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 30, 2011
  • Season #: 1
2.8

1. Nov 7, 2011
    Holy CRAP, what an awful show. I honestly feel bad for Jonah Hill that he backs this and thinks it's funny. It's kind of sad. It's terrible, but not for lack of trying, I'll say that. The voice actors, Hill and Stewart particularly, aren't phoning it in. But the material is just so dull and obvious, it's painful. I often can't tell when they're trying to funny or merely quirky. Allen and his father have a quick back-and-forth, but very little of it actually makes me smile. Allen's constant antagonizing of his principal made me chuckle once but it just wasn't worth it.

It's extremely pretty, though. Obviously flash animated, but pretty nonetheless. 2 points for the actor's efforts and the animation style.
  2. Dec 7, 2011
    If you're used to the humor of the Simpsons and Family Guy, you may not like this show. The show is smart, a little too smart but it is funny, has great quick-witted writing, and excellent storytelling. I think its problem was that it went over peoples heads. People didn't want it to succeed, the masses want to only see Seth MacFarlane creations and played out Simpsons humor. RIP Allen Gregory, hopefully Adult Swim picks you up and lets you grow. Collapse
  3. Nov 20, 2011
    I like this show enough to sign up to review it. I see the humor in it. I cannot understand how so many people find it unbearable and unfunny. It is baffling that people are so critical after 2/3 episodes.
  4. Dec 5, 2011
    The show isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. Sure it had a rocky start the first few episodes, but last nights episode I got a few chuckles out of. How is this any worse than American Dad or Family Guy, which I believe to have declined drastically over the past few seasons. Go easy guys. It has already been canceled. Let the show rest in piece.

1. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Nov 1, 2011
    Allen Gregory is not funny--not even a little bit--and it is not remotely entertaining.
  2. Reviewed by: Marisa LaScala
    Oct 31, 2011
    The writers need to differentiate how Allen Gregory relates to Jeremy from how he relates to Julie. If the show had Allen Gregory treat Jeremy and Julie differently, there'd be more opportunity for a wider variety of jokes, including some that don't involve yelling.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Lechevallier
    Oct 31, 2011
    For what it's worth, Hill's performance as Allen Gregory's titular character is the only noteworthy aspect of an otherwise shoddy show.