• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 5, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
8.4

1. Jan 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I absolutely loved the first Season it was good horror show for those who appreciate horror. Season 2 the Asylum begun as hardcore horror it was visceral, grotesque, traumatic and definitely not for the squeamish. I was quite sickened at times through its approach to horror, although this is what good horror should do, make the viewer horrified and cringe. As this season dragged on and on. It became more and more repetitive becoming implausible, almost as insane as the inmates themselves. Drawing the viewer into absolute boredom away from all the starting shock treatment they had received from its first episodes. Upon the episodes leading to the final and finale I am absolutely disgusted at the way this series has robbed my time going for trauma to utter crap. The final was in the effect of happily ever after, and never never land. I was no longer no horrified but enraged. Everything in its ending was drawn up to a neat close no loose ends in a ditched effort to appease audiences who never where its fans. What should have been a hardcore ending was some wimpy kid dying in his mother arms from the **** killing him. Seriously, CMON now? They could have done something horrific in the effect of. Lange that evil nun granny, being found in a pile of feces murmuring her last words to the reporter from her leper body as she squawks her finale dying breath with death laughing at her. Kit's children were created by aliens, why not have them kill the Cardinal in some apocalyptic way after Kit was abducted. The evil reporter **** should have been killed by BloodyFace 2, no doubt about that. He should have do this in some horrible, visceral way, then ending with him being lead to an asylum. Then it would have completed this seasons circle, or at least dying in a double KO in his mothers arms drinking that milk he never had. Season 3 is coming later this year I have lost all faith in this ****y horror. The french are some of the best at horror they don't hold their punches back, or maybe go read a Ketchum to get a better idea of evil. This Hollywood crap is ridiculous. I can only assume next season will be shot using Blair Witch camera's, using paranormal activity effects, and the hero will be played by a cow ending with moo. They really should write Old MacDonalds farm instead of making a horror series. When it ends in that happily ever after, never never land. The thing I hate the most about this episode is that a lot of **** blogs are praising this episode as it epitomised evil, yea right . The only evil thing it did was anyone who doesn't agree with their weak review doesn't have their say. What an awful series which had some starting promise but then became weaker, and weaker. The only horror was afflicting the viewer with boredom Expand
  2. May 5, 2014
    I watched all 12 episodes of AHS season one and like a good book,i couldn't putt down.
    But was I ever disappointed in season two.
    I want Violet back! and the housekeeper!
    There was never anything close to the originality of season,two,but after buying only2 of AHS Season 2,I won't buy anymore nor watch anymore.
    Season two is a horror in itself.Shame on you for cheap old used tricks!
  3. May 18, 2013
    An overcomplicated, and rather tedious followup to a fun and intriguing first season. I hated season two of this show. The acting is still good, and there are some scares here and there, but this season never manages to lift off the ground. The story is schizophrenic, and has no real vision of what it is trying to be. I know I am in the minority here, but seriously this season left aAn overcomplicated, and rather tedious followup to a fun and intriguing first season. I hated season two of this show. The acting is still good, and there are some scares here and there, but this season never manages to lift off the ground. The story is schizophrenic, and has no real vision of what it is trying to be. I know I am in the minority here, but seriously this season left a bad taste in my mouth. I won't watch season three. Disappointed. Expand
  4. Nov 17, 2013
    For a seasoned horror fan there is nothing new here. Many concepts used throughout the season are recycled from the 80s horror classics. If your new to horror, this season will provide some thrills and chills. The fundamentals of this new season are based around a 1960s asylum. This is a great theme. It is such a disappointment that there was no new concepts to really define and give theFor a seasoned horror fan there is nothing new here. Many concepts used throughout the season are recycled from the 80s horror classics. If your new to horror, this season will provide some thrills and chills. The fundamentals of this new season are based around a 1960s asylum. This is a great theme. It is such a disappointment that there was no new concepts to really define and give the series its own identity. It felt like every horror theme used in this series always seems exhausted and worn out.

When the series comes up with new Horror concepts I ll be more interested. Seasoned horror fans will be bored. New folks to horror will find this series very dark and chilling. The whole Nazi, alien and wearing dead skin themes have really been exhausted.

Hopefully season 3 will be much more refined and unique, that is what this series needs Identity. It wont keep hardcore fans by running recycled themes episode after episode. So boring.

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Nov 1, 2012
    Does it add up to a coherent whole? Impossible to say so far. Asylum is, in its opening episodes, more energetic and impishly funny than its predecessor.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 25, 2012
    It's dark, big-top sadism, and we wait for a story to emerge. [5 Nov 2012, p.41]
  3. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Oct 17, 2012
    Like a good scare? How about a bad scare? Or a thousand scares, good and bad and crazy? Season 2 of "American Horror Story," subtitled Asylum, is for you.