American Horror Story : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 5, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.3

1. Jul 24, 2017
    Психушка, пришельцы, нацисты, демоны, маньяки и куча других романтических вещей есть в этом сезоне. Интересно, захватывающе, безумно и кроваво. Рекомендую.
  2. May 18, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of my fave seasons of AHS! The only thing I think that missed was more explanation about this alien thing, I still have trouble understanding what does Kyle have to do with all that. Meh. Expand
  3. Nov 2, 2016
    You could call this show bitter women hating men for their own poor life choices the tv show. Its got good moments but its pretty offensive to the senses. Its sad to see politics trump entertainment. 3/10
  4. Jan 11, 2016
    Asylum improves almost everything about Murder House with disturbing horror sequences, a great atmosphere and relevant social themes. The grim, dull set for the asylum is one of the best set pieces in the series, and Sarah Paulson gives an incredible performance as Lana Winters.
  5. Jan 5, 2016
    I find Asylum to be a bit overrated. It's true that it's scarier than Season1, but honestly I felt it was too dark and grimy for my liking. I didn't really like Jessica Lange's character, but her performance was of course beyond amazing. It's a good watch, but not my favorite.
  6. Dec 21, 2015
    Is the most bloody and frightening season of all, and also the most meaningless. The performances by Jessica Lange, Lily Rabe, Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters are the best, but even so, it's not my favorite season.
  7. Nov 25, 2015
    The best season of AHS. And the best writing out of all the TV series I have watched. Dark, twisted and completely unpredictable. Lily Rabe and Jessica Lange were amazing.
  8. Oct 13, 2015
    And how exactly do you top off a season like MURDER HOUSE? With its erratic twists and turns and indomitable power to grasp ahold of its audience and really yank them in with its atmosphere, excellent script and fantastic acting, MURDER HOUSE really began AMERICAN HORROR STORY off with a loud, deafening bang. But, it is ASYLUM which proves the show can echo on; its vociferous noise was notAnd how exactly do you top off a season like MURDER HOUSE? With its erratic twists and turns and indomitable power to grasp ahold of its audience and really yank them in with its atmosphere, excellent script and fantastic acting, MURDER HOUSE really began AMERICAN HORROR STORY off with a loud, deafening bang. But, it is ASYLUM which proves the show can echo on; its vociferous noise was not just a twinkle of what a great show it could have been. It simply is a good show.

The second season bases itself around the tale of Briarcliff Mental Institution and the patients, doctors and nuns which occupy its dark, dank walls. The series, however, mainly concerns closeted journalist Lana Winters (Sarah Paulson), who is committed to the asylum against her will after Sister Jude (Jessica Lange, absolutely captivating as ASYLUM'S most conflicted occupant), a sly, scary woman disgusted by Lana's "sexual perversions" and the fact that she's snooping around puts her there. What follows is even more capriciously plotted than MURDER HOUSE (as unbelievable as that sounds), more tense, calculated, and much better resolved.

The cast do a great job (most stepping up from recurring roles in MURDER HOUSE), the show wears its Gothic influences on its sleeve and yet remains arguably the most unique show on television, meanwhilst the use of The Singing Nun's "Dominique" is maybe the single greatest use of music on TV, ever and the brutal, graphic atmosphere is savage than last time round. It's tougher to watch than last time, but much more rewarding. I again finished it in a day.

"Domi-nique -nique -nique s'en allait tout simplement,
    Routier, pauvre et chantant.
    En tous chemins, en tous lieux,
    Il ne parle que du Bon Dieu,
    Il ne parle que du Bon Dieu."
  9. Oct 8, 2015
    Blood, sex, power, glory, manipulation, very horror. It would have been a perfect season if it had the right amount of drama and horror. Is a good choice for those who want to see a lot of blood, which is what I like, but I really wanted to see consistency. Other than that, Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters called me much attention this season.
  10. Sep 11, 2015
    This season was sooo amazing!!! Literally, this one is freaking scary and amazing.
    OMFG! You should defintly wach this series, trust me.
    .............
  11. May 29, 2015
    Season 2 is best in the series. I simply love the plot, cast was great and Jessica Lange really shines. You can watch only this season and see show is this for You.
  12. Apr 16, 2015
    "American Horror Story: Asylum" takes everything we loved about Season 1, throws it into a 1960s setting, and adds a sprinkle of more horror, sex, gore, and guts.

I won't lie, I loved Asylum. It improves on Season 1 so much. And, it has some of the best written characters I've ever had the pleasure to watch on screen- plus, the actors who portray these characters are just... amazing!

Like "Murder House"; there are some plot points that are random, and somewhat jumbled. But, everything else fits in perfectly. "Asylum" has to be the best season, by far!
  13. Jan 9, 2015
    Season 2 is about 50 times better than Season 1. It starts off extremely slowly paced and doesn't really pack a punch until about half way through, but man... that second half is stuff of nightmares. The darkest and most well-made season of them all... Asylum is truly awesome.
  14. Nov 21, 2014
    This time they are more focusing on the visual horror aspect.The acting is good the plot is original and interesting and the scenario is well made.The cast is really good even if they are always taking the same actors.
  15. Nov 4, 2014
    The second season of American Horror Story is titled Asylum. This season takes place in an insane asylum in the 1960s. This season focuses on possession, aliens, and brutal brutal serial killers.
    Asylum is the best season in my opinion.
    Asylum is the best season in my opinion.
    This season is more of a psychological mind **** After watching Sister Mary Eunice mount Monsignor Timothy Howard and ask him if it feels like a warm wet glove I needed to take a shower!!!! The second season is SO DARK, but it gives us real human emotions too. The acting (as always) is amazing. This season may be one of the greatest seasons in any television show.
  16. Sep 30, 2014
    Второй сезон на фоне первого - большой шаг вперед. Мрачная атмосфера Брайерклиффа заставит любого почувствовать себя психом и в этом главное достоинство второго сезона.
  17. Sep 24, 2014
    The second season is the best, really, the first is too weak and the third is to confused, i hope now with freakshow That We have other best season, cause this season all have to be the BEST
  18. Aug 31, 2014
    This is the season where everything clicks. Very few shows can pull off comedy, drama and suspense. American Horror Story: Season 2 does all of this flawlessly and adds horror to the mix. I was taken on a journey that comes just a few times in life.
  19. Jun 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This season ( compared to season 1 ) is heavy.
    I absolutely loved it, so many things i didn't expect at all!
    The casting is amazing, great actors, all of them...
    American horror story is my favorite series ever.

The season is totally different from the first one, at first there's a lot of things confusing me, but when finishing the season it all comes clear perfectly.
    I do have to say that Lana turned out completely different than how I imagined, and that what she did in the last episode to johnny, i didn't think she should've done that...

Anyway, i loved the season, and altough it was familiar to a lot of different movies and series, i think the concept idea was great
  20. May 5, 2014
    I watched all 12 episodes of AHS season one and like a good book,i couldn't putt down.
    But was I ever disappointed in season two.
    I want Violet back! and the housekeeper!
    There was never anything close to the originality of season,two,but after buying only2 of AHS Season 2,I won't buy anymore nor watch anymore.
    Season two is a horror in itself.Shame on you for cheap old used tricks!
  21. Apr 19, 2014
    This season, on my opinion, is tied with Coven in terms of quality. It is a fun ride that I was completely on board with the entire time
    The concept is ones again rather cliché, as tends to be the case with American Horror Story. This being said, the magnificent cast does a lot to make it come alive. Jessica Lange makes an insane nun really come alive, and her character's interactions with James Cromwell's Doctor Arden are some of the highlights of the early season. Sarah Paulson takes a huge starring role when compared to the pervious season and completely pulls through. Lily Rabe and Zachary Quinto steal the show, though I won't say why as that could be a minor spoiler. Along with this, Evan Peters and Lizzie Brocheré nail there roles.
    The plot of the season is strong. It is a tale of corruption and violence, with human elements mixed throughout. One of the best things this season does is have both modern and past timelines (with the focus being on the past), drawing parallels that created a strong overarching story arch. This season is not always as outright horrific as the first season in content, but is amazing in how tense the atmosphere constantly is. Though it seems slightly cheap, the season gives itself an easy out/justification that becomes apparent rather quickly within the show, though it is done with enough grace to be valid.
    This season is the most disturbing in terms of content, thought that does not always mean outright horrific. Still, this is one of the best casts that the season has ever had and the plot makes sure to bring the audience along for one amazing roller-coaster.
  22. Apr 19, 2014
    This season is more about being scary than anything else. There is a good story with great characters and plot, but it feels like they're trying to scare you more than telling a good story. The season also ends with plot holes and unanswered questions, but still a great season overall.
  23. Feb 9, 2014
    Extremely well directed and creepy. The only problem is that there are certain plot elements that seem unnecessary and do nothing more than muddle what is happening in the season. However the directing is perfectly dark and the atmosphere is never lacking in creepiness. The acting is phenomenal as well!
  24. Feb 8, 2014
    Season 2 was way better than season 1. It was really captivating and wasn't "scary." There are some creepy parts, but nothing that would give somebody nightmares.
  25. Feb 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Love, Love this show it manges to capture a dark side of me the first season 7/10 the rest 10/10 the story lines are amazing and the quality of acting is great the current season 3 covers the true story off Mrs Delphine LaLaurie as cruel vile woman who is famous in New Orleans for her torture and cruelty towards slaves and the ancestors of her captives seeking revenge upon her the writer need to keep up the good work i learned a small piece of history watching this, the actors need to stay and continue the amazing job WATCH THIS NOW ! its booth entertaining and intriguing . Expand
  26. Dec 29, 2013
    I do not have much detail to give about this review but I was compelled to write a review. It hit me very emotionally and the characters felt real. I do not watch television/movies very often because I have never been very impressed but this season changed it for me. It made me feel different about my life after watching it, I felt legitimately happy and sad during parts. I cried duringI do not have much detail to give about this review but I was compelled to write a review. It hit me very emotionally and the characters felt real. I do not watch television/movies very often because I have never been very impressed but this season changed it for me. It made me feel different about my life after watching it, I felt legitimately happy and sad during parts. I cried during the last episode; it tied the whole season together VERY well. This is my all time favorite display of media; books, movies, stories, all of it. It can be very graphic but it adds to the realism of the story. I felt though as I had watched a movie or read a book, but I understand why it is a TV series. The emotion could not be captured in simply two hours. Expand
  27. Dec 22, 2013
    Halfway through this season and I'm scared outta my mind. The friggen beginning is scary too lol.
    Super good and amazing actors. The horror, gore, twist and turns, it's "insane" pun intended.
    Very good and crazy show.
  28. Nov 19, 2013
    While the cinematography is better than the inaugural season, Asylum is less consistent and gets a little bit too twisty at times. I love twists, but this season keeps too many things hidden for too long that it gets a little bit frustrating to wait for the next episode each week. What I love from the show is its efforts on mixing facts up with fictions that some conspiracy-junkies outWhile the cinematography is better than the inaugural season, Asylum is less consistent and gets a little bit too twisty at times. I love twists, but this season keeps too many things hidden for too long that it gets a little bit frustrating to wait for the next episode each week. What I love from the show is its efforts on mixing facts up with fictions that some conspiracy-junkies out there might actually think that the show is solely based on true events while it really is just making references to popular culture. Expand
  29. Nov 17, 2013
    For a seasoned horror fan there is nothing new here. Many concepts used throughout the season are recycled from the 80s horror classics. If your new to horror, this season will provide some thrills and chills. The fundamentals of this new season are based around a 1960s asylum. This is a great theme. It is such a disappointment that there was no new concepts to really define and give theFor a seasoned horror fan there is nothing new here. Many concepts used throughout the season are recycled from the 80s horror classics. If your new to horror, this season will provide some thrills and chills. The fundamentals of this new season are based around a 1960s asylum. This is a great theme. It is such a disappointment that there was no new concepts to really define and give the series its own identity. It felt like every horror theme used in this series always seems exhausted and worn out.

When the series comes up with new Horror concepts I ll be more interested. Seasoned horror fans will be bored. New folks to horror will find this series very dark and chilling. The whole Nazi, alien and wearing dead skin themes have really been exhausted.

Hopefully season 3 will be much more refined and unique, that is what this series needs Identity. It wont keep hardcore fans by running recycled themes episode after episode. So boring.

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Nov 1, 2012
    Does it add up to a coherent whole? Impossible to say so far. Asylum is, in its opening episodes, more energetic and impishly funny than its predecessor.
  2. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 25, 2012
    It's dark, big-top sadism, and we wait for a story to emerge. [5 Nov 2012, p.41]
  3. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Oct 17, 2012
    Like a good scare? How about a bad scare? Or a thousand scares, good and bad and crazy? Season 2 of "American Horror Story," subtitled Asylum, is for you.