American Horror Story : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 5, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8.3

1. Nov 21, 2014
    This time they are more focusing on the visual horror aspect.The acting is good the plot is original and interesting and the scenario is well made.The cast is really good even if they are always taking the same actors.
  2. Oct 18, 2012
    American Horror Story: Asylum. I've been waiting for a long time to watch this show. Pilot was a little unusual, but it was likeable. I loved Jessica Lange's performance and the entire production desgin of the asylum is just fabulous. Looking forward to upcoming episodes, this show can do better.
  3. Sep 12, 2016
    Being the best season in the anthology, American Horror Story: Asylum outdoes its predecessor with strong writing, characters, performances and atmosphere. Unpredictable, nerve-wracking and genuinely effective, Asylum leaves viewers on the edge of their seats and has audiences caring for all characters, good or bad, thanks to being well-developed and also fantastic performances from theBeing the best season in the anthology, American Horror Story: Asylum outdoes its predecessor with strong writing, characters, performances and atmosphere. Unpredictable, nerve-wracking and genuinely effective, Asylum leaves viewers on the edge of their seats and has audiences caring for all characters, good or bad, thanks to being well-developed and also fantastic performances from the cast. This season is also filled with the most memorable moments of the series, including the blood-curdling reveal of the Bloody Face killer and The Name Game musical number. In short, American Horror Story: Asylum is the best season of the series. It puts the "Horror" in American Horror Story. Expand
  4. Nov 19, 2013
    While the cinematography is better than the inaugural season, Asylum is less consistent and gets a little bit too twisty at times. I love twists, but this season keeps too many things hidden for too long that it gets a little bit frustrating to wait for the next episode each week. What I love from the show is its efforts on mixing facts up with fictions that some conspiracy-junkies outWhile the cinematography is better than the inaugural season, Asylum is less consistent and gets a little bit too twisty at times. I love twists, but this season keeps too many things hidden for too long that it gets a little bit frustrating to wait for the next episode each week. What I love from the show is its efforts on mixing facts up with fictions that some conspiracy-junkies out there might actually think that the show is solely based on true events while it really is just making references to popular culture. Expand
  5. Apr 19, 2014
    This season is more about being scary than anything else. There is a good story with great characters and plot, but it feels like they're trying to scare you more than telling a good story. The season also ends with plot holes and unanswered questions, but still a great season overall.
  6. Feb 9, 2014
    Extremely well directed and creepy. The only problem is that there are certain plot elements that seem unnecessary and do nothing more than muddle what is happening in the season. However the directing is perfectly dark and the atmosphere is never lacking in creepiness. The acting is phenomenal as well!
  7. Sep 30, 2014
    Второй сезон на фоне первого - большой шаг вперед. Мрачная атмосфера Брайерклиффа заставит любого почувствовать себя психом и в этом главное достоинство второго сезона.
  8. Oct 13, 2015
    And how exactly do you top off a season like MURDER HOUSE? With its erratic twists and turns and indomitable power to grasp ahold of its audience and really yank them in with its atmosphere, excellent script and fantastic acting, MURDER HOUSE really began AMERICAN HORROR STORY off with a loud, deafening bang. But, it is ASYLUM which proves the show can echo on; its vociferous noise was notAnd how exactly do you top off a season like MURDER HOUSE? With its erratic twists and turns and indomitable power to grasp ahold of its audience and really yank them in with its atmosphere, excellent script and fantastic acting, MURDER HOUSE really began AMERICAN HORROR STORY off with a loud, deafening bang. But, it is ASYLUM which proves the show can echo on; its vociferous noise was not just a twinkle of what a great show it could have been. It simply is a good show.

The second season bases itself around the tale of Briarcliff Mental Institution and the patients, doctors and nuns which occupy its dark, dank walls. The series, however, mainly concerns closeted journalist Lana Winters (Sarah Paulson), who is committed to the asylum against her will after Sister Jude (Jessica Lange, absolutely captivating as ASYLUM'S most conflicted occupant), a sly, scary woman disgusted by Lana's "sexual perversions" and the fact that she's snooping around puts her there. What follows is even more capriciously plotted than MURDER HOUSE (as unbelievable as that sounds), more tense, calculated, and much better resolved.

The cast do a great job (most stepping up from recurring roles in MURDER HOUSE), the show wears its Gothic influences on its sleeve and yet remains arguably the most unique show on television, meanwhilst the use of The Singing Nun's "Dominique" is maybe the single greatest use of music on TV, ever and the brutal, graphic atmosphere is savage than last time round. It's tougher to watch than last time, but much more rewarding. I again finished it in a day.

"Domi-nique -nique -nique s'en allait tout simplement,
    Routier, pauvre et chantant.
    En tous chemins, en tous lieux,
    Il ne parle que du Bon Dieu,
    Il ne parle que du Bon Dieu."
  9. Jan 26, 2013
    American Horror Story: Asylum was a crazy and freaky ride, but a great plot line that became a swift denouement that couldn't really catch its feet after the midseason break.
  10. Sep 16, 2013
    Cómo la web me pide un mínimo de 150 caracteres, y necesito hacer el review para poder tenerla archivada en mi perfil, pues suelto este rollo y mi votación es de 8. Un saludo.
  11. Apr 5, 2013
    American Horror Story:Asylum was a very fun,thrilling ride.I enjoyed it thoroughly and overall the season delivered in the thrills,the horror,the violence and dark imagery.The show sets such a dark,horroifying tone this season and the Asylum is very atmospheric and mysterious.A multitude of twisted characters inhabit this world including an ex-Nazi,a devil-possessed nun,and a mysteriousAmerican Horror Story:Asylum was a very fun,thrilling ride.I enjoyed it thoroughly and overall the season delivered in the thrills,the horror,the violence and dark imagery.The show sets such a dark,horroifying tone this season and the Asylum is very atmospheric and mysterious.A multitude of twisted characters inhabit this world including an ex-Nazi,a devil-possessed nun,and a mysterious killer by the name of "Bloodyface". The acting was very consistant this season and Jessica Lange was as great as she always is.The supernatural forces at play was kicked up this season with angels,devils,aliens being thrown into the mix.But in the end,it all works perfectly.Very unpredictable show,and enough to satisfy any Horror Fan or fan of great TV shows.If your a fan of classic horror and shows like "Tales from the Crypt" definitely check out American Horror Story:Asylum.Very fun,entertaining show to watch. Expand
  12. Apr 29, 2013
    Just like the first season this is a solid Horrr series, and while I think the first one has the upper hand it's only slightly as both are fantastic. Great to see a number of cast members back, and playing different roles also! It got slightly disjointed towards the end but I think it had a great final episode. Overall very impressive and I'm really looking forward to Season 3!
  13. Jun 12, 2013
    Much better that the first season. Plot amazing. Actors fabulous. Sarah paulson gorgeous. Jessica Lange does have my respect. This season is really in an other level than the first one. It is scary, entertaining and sexy in the same time. A good one. A must-watch
  14. Nov 4, 2014
    The second season of American Horror Story is titled Asylum. This season takes place in an insane asylum in the 1960s. This season focuses on possession, aliens, and brutal brutal serial killers.
    Asylum is the best season in my opinion.
    Asylum is the best season in my opinion.
    This season is more of a psychological mind **** After watching Sister Mary Eunice mount Monsignor Timothy Howard and ask him if it feels like a warm wet glove I needed to take a shower!!!! The second season is SO DARK, but it gives us real human emotions too. The acting (as always) is amazing. This season may be one of the greatest seasons in any television show.
  15. Jan 11, 2016
    Asylum improves almost everything about Murder House with disturbing horror sequences, a great atmosphere and relevant social themes. The grim, dull set for the asylum is one of the best set pieces in the series, and Sarah Paulson gives an incredible performance as Lana Winters.
  16. Dec 21, 2015
    Is the most bloody and frightening season of all, and also the most meaningless. The performances by Jessica Lange, Lily Rabe, Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters are the best, but even so, it's not my favorite season.
  17. Jun 18, 2013
    I loved this season a bit more than the first one (which I rated as 8 out of 10). The actors delivered perfectly, the story was thrilling up until the two final episodes where it got a little confusing. But the whole thing made me grin so many times and it was so fun that I had to give this season 9 point. And the final line was creepy and amazing at the same time, making the finaleI loved this season a bit more than the first one (which I rated as 8 out of 10). The actors delivered perfectly, the story was thrilling up until the two final episodes where it got a little confusing. But the whole thing made me grin so many times and it was so fun that I had to give this season 9 point. And the final line was creepy and amazing at the same time, making the finale absolutely memorable. Expand
  18. May 29, 2015
    Season 2 is best in the series. I simply love the plot, cast was great and Jessica Lange really shines. You can watch only this season and see show is this for You.
  19. Oct 8, 2015
    Blood, sex, power, glory, manipulation, very horror. It would have been a perfect season if it had the right amount of drama and horror. Is a good choice for those who want to see a lot of blood, which is what I like, but I really wanted to see consistency. Other than that, Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters called me much attention this season.
  20. Jan 24, 2013
    Pretty good show. Jessica Lange carries the show. The writing isn't as tight as, say, Breaking Bad but it's okay. Not very scary but entertaining none the less.
  21. Nov 25, 2015
    The best season of AHS. And the best writing out of all the TV series I have watched. Dark, twisted and completely unpredictable. Lily Rabe and Jessica Lange were amazing.
  22. Nov 3, 2012
    The second season exceeds all expectations. There are no limits, everything's possible and no one's safe. All the actors deliver amazing performances (Jessica lange, Lily Rabe...). The addition of The Lovers couple from the present makes the show all more fun and exciting. The writers are so cruel to the characters and soon enough you'll start feeling bad about the worst ones.
  23. Dec 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great season so far. Only real complaint is the alien subplot. Does not feel like it meshes well. But it is only brought up in passing as opposed to being central to the main story. Everything is moving at a good steady pace. I like the fact they change stories each season. Wish they would have done more with the modern serial killer subplot though. Expand
  24. Sep 11, 2015
    This season was sooo amazing!!! Literally, this one is freaking scary and amazing.
    OMFG! You should defintly wach this series, trust me.
    .............
  25. Jan 9, 2015
    Season 2 is about 50 times better than Season 1. It starts off extremely slowly paced and doesn't really pack a punch until about half way through, but man... that second half is stuff of nightmares. The darkest and most well-made season of them all... Asylum is truly awesome.
  26. Feb 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Love, Love this show it manges to capture a dark side of me the first season 7/10 the rest 10/10 the story lines are amazing and the quality of acting is great the current season 3 covers the true story off Mrs Delphine LaLaurie as cruel vile woman who is famous in New Orleans for her torture and cruelty towards slaves and the ancestors of her captives seeking revenge upon her the writer need to keep up the good work i learned a small piece of history watching this, the actors need to stay and continue the amazing job WATCH THIS NOW ! its booth entertaining and intriguing . Expand
  27. Sep 24, 2014
    The second season is the best, really, the first is too weak and the third is to confused, i hope now with freakshow That We have other best season, cause this season all have to be the BEST
  28. Oct 28, 2012
    If you thought that season one of this show was crazy, this season is bat**** crazy. The writers seem to be throwing all kinds of **** at the ceiling and seeing if any of it sticks.
  29. Jan 24, 2013
    A vast improvement upon the sometimes entertaining season 1. Jessica Lange excels yet again. Great plot twists and genuinely creepy (especially in the finale). Definitely worth the time if you enjoy horror.
  30. Apr 18, 2013
    Asylum is definitely better than Season 1. Unfortunately, I don't find this season to be scary at all. It has a compelling and thrilling storyline but the scare tricks do not work for me. But it has a good mixture of demons, aliens, and Nazis in its crazy subplot. Lange and Cromwell's performance are irresistible. I'm definitely stoked for this show and cannot wait for more!

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Nov 1, 2012
    Does it add up to a coherent whole? Impossible to say so far. Asylum is, in its opening episodes, more energetic and impishly funny than its predecessor.
  2. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 25, 2012
    It's dark, big-top sadism, and we wait for a story to emerge. [5 Nov 2012, p.41]
  3. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Oct 17, 2012
    Like a good scare? How about a bad scare? Or a thousand scares, good and bad and crazy? Season 2 of "American Horror Story," subtitled Asylum, is for you.