American Horror Story : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 5, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8.2

1. Nov 16, 2012
    American Horror Story is one of the best horror series i watched. First season was awesome,and second season is even better. Nice work,and keep it up.
  2. Jun 26, 2013
    Asylum is scary and disturbing, walking on the same tone of complex and fantasy, mixes science fiction with horror which is great, it is ten times scarier than the first, but less funnier, and short on the slow parts.
  3. Nov 3, 2012
    The second season exceeds all expectations. There are no limits, everything's possible and no one's safe. All the actors deliver amazing performances (Jessica lange, Lily Rabe...). The addition of The Lovers couple from the present makes the show all more fun and exciting. The writers are so cruel to the characters and soon enough you'll start feeling bad about the worst ones.
  4. Feb 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. American Horror Story is back and there is more horror than ever! Instead of following in the footsteps of the Harmon family like the first season, which was brilliant, we are now taken to a 1960s Briarcliffe; a dark and cruel mental asylum where this year's horror is now taking place. This season shows us many horrors such as aliens, nazis, serial killers and demons, but it faces human problems like racism and other problems. The writing in this season is top-notch and is constantly unpredictable; you expect the season to go one way and it takes you into another. The acting is, as always, brilliant, especially from Jessica Lange and Frances Conroy, who are always fantastic at whatever role they portray. Lily Rabe's Sister Eunice was by-far my favourite character in the series; she had the ability to be completely unlikable and utterly lovable at the same time, and also was menacing and hilarious at the same time as well. Speaking of menacing, Zachary Quinto's Thredson (SPOILER! Who is later revealed to be Bloody Face; one of the main horrors this season) was utterly frightening and disturbing and whenever he made his presence on screen, fear as well as a grin will be brought out from viewers. All together; the acting and the characters were both great. All together, American Horror Story: Asylum is fantastic horror TV that outdoes the last amazing season; though viewers be warner this season will provide grotesque, graphic and shocking moments that will break the boundaries of TV...and that is why American Horror Story is amazing. Looking forward to the next season. Expand
  5. Oct 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Asylum starts out strong, trippy, and a bit disgusting (in a good way). Characters this season include many psychopaths, murderers, religious figures, doctors, aliens, and a mysterious "Bloody Face". I can't wait for each week's upcoming episode. Expand
  6. Jan 24, 2013
    Pretty good show. Jessica Lange carries the show. The writing isn't as tight as, say, Breaking Bad but it's okay. Not very scary but entertaining none the less.
  7. Dec 29, 2013
    I do not have much detail to give about this review but I was compelled to write a review. It hit me very emotionally and the characters felt real. I do not watch television/movies very often because I have never been very impressed but this season changed it for me. It made me feel different about my life after watching it, I felt legitimately happy and sad during parts. I cried duringI do not have much detail to give about this review but I was compelled to write a review. It hit me very emotionally and the characters felt real. I do not watch television/movies very often because I have never been very impressed but this season changed it for me. It made me feel different about my life after watching it, I felt legitimately happy and sad during parts. I cried during the last episode; it tied the whole season together VERY well. This is my all time favorite display of media; books, movies, stories, all of it. It can be very graphic but it adds to the realism of the story. I felt though as I had watched a movie or read a book, but I understand why it is a TV series. The emotion could not be captured in simply two hours. Expand
  8. Feb 8, 2014
    Season 2 was way better than season 1. It was really captivating and wasn't "scary." There are some creepy parts, but nothing that would give somebody nightmares.
  9. Aug 31, 2014
    This is the season where everything clicks. Very few shows can pull off comedy, drama and suspense. American Horror Story: Season 2 does all of this flawlessly and adds horror to the mix. I was taken on a journey that comes just a few times in life.
  10. Jan 9, 2015
    Season 2 is about 50 times better than Season 1. It starts off extremely slowly paced and doesn't really pack a punch until about half way through, but man... that second half is stuff of nightmares. The darkest and most well-made season of them all... Asylum is truly awesome.
  11. Sep 11, 2015
    This season was sooo amazing!!! Literally, this one is freaking scary and amazing.
    OMFG! You should defintly wach this series, trust me.
    .............
  12. Oct 18, 2012
    This season is going to be a very fun ride! Jessica Lange is fabulous as always, the other returning cast members seem to be doing well with their new roles, and while after the premiere it does seem like a hodgepodge of different spooky story lines, there is no doubt that the show won't stop being one of the most entertaining things on television.
  13. Oct 18, 2012
    American Horror Story: Asylum. I've been waiting for a long time to watch this show. Pilot was a little unusual, but it was likeable. I loved Jessica Lange's performance and the entire production desgin of the asylum is just fabulous. Looking forward to upcoming episodes, this show can do better.
  14. Oct 28, 2012
    If you thought that season one of this show was crazy, this season is bat**** crazy. The writers seem to be throwing all kinds of **** at the ceiling and seeing if any of it sticks.
  15. Nov 19, 2013
    While the cinematography is better than the inaugural season, Asylum is less consistent and gets a little bit too twisty at times. I love twists, but this season keeps too many things hidden for too long that it gets a little bit frustrating to wait for the next episode each week. What I love from the show is its efforts on mixing facts up with fictions that some conspiracy-junkies outWhile the cinematography is better than the inaugural season, Asylum is less consistent and gets a little bit too twisty at times. I love twists, but this season keeps too many things hidden for too long that it gets a little bit frustrating to wait for the next episode each week. What I love from the show is its efforts on mixing facts up with fictions that some conspiracy-junkies out there might actually think that the show is solely based on true events while it really is just making references to popular culture. Expand
  16. Nov 15, 2012
    Good script, tight direction and editing, and an anti-hero sycophant's feast! Love it because it takes subject matter that lends itself to caricature, farce and camp absurdity and elevates it above the B grade refuse that passes for drama these days. Critics will eviscerate it simply because of the title, but their ignorant disdain for an original and captivating series is irrelevant. Enjoy!
  17. Dec 13, 2012
    American Horror Story: Asylum is hands down, the best dramatic show on TV. Very fresh, fast paced, entertaining, surprising with great acting, ballsy script writing, great direction, and cinematography. All other dramas on TV are garbage when compared to this monumentally amazing show. Jessica Lange is amazing, but where is the nominations for everyone else on the show?! I feel likeAmerican Horror Story: Asylum is hands down, the best dramatic show on TV. Very fresh, fast paced, entertaining, surprising with great acting, ballsy script writing, great direction, and cinematography. All other dramas on TV are garbage when compared to this monumentally amazing show. Jessica Lange is amazing, but where is the nominations for everyone else on the show?! I feel like all other shows on TV have no balls, and don't take any risks. Asylum has a very awesome sense of twisted humor. AHSA can be quite frightening, but in a very excitingly chilling way. A MUST WATCH! Expand
  18. Jan 26, 2013
    American Horror Story: Asylum was a crazy and freaky ride, but a great plot line that became a swift denouement that couldn't really catch its feet after the midseason break.
  19. Mar 8, 2013
    one of the most surreal crazy tv show.... got every horror genre in it, alien, ghost, creatures, mad scientist, demons yet somehow, everything is kept tight..... looooooove it....
  20. Dec 22, 2013
    Halfway through this season and I'm scared outta my mind. The friggen beginning is scary too lol.
    Super good and amazing actors. The horror, gore, twist and turns, it's "insane" pun intended.
    Very good and crazy show.
  21. Sep 24, 2014
    The second season is the best, really, the first is too weak and the third is to confused, i hope now with freakshow That We have other best season, cause this season all have to be the BEST
  22. Nov 4, 2014
    The second season of American Horror Story is titled Asylum. This season takes place in an insane asylum in the 1960s. This season focuses on possession, aliens, and brutal brutal serial killers.
    Asylum is the best season in my opinion.
    Asylum is the best season in my opinion.
    This season is more of a psychological mind **** After watching Sister Mary Eunice mount Monsignor Timothy Howard and ask him if it feels like a warm wet glove I needed to take a shower!!!! The second season is SO DARK, but it gives us real human emotions too. The acting (as always) is amazing. This season may be one of the greatest seasons in any television show.
  23. Nov 25, 2012
    I definitely like where they have taken the show this season. They have really cranked it up a couple notches. Makes me wondering where Season 3 is going to go. I mean it is a little all over the places, but they stay focused with their crazy storytelling and try to only go so far before bringing it back in. Very interested in seeing how this will all play out in the end.
  24. Dec 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great season so far. Only real complaint is the alien subplot. Does not feel like it meshes well. But it is only brought up in passing as opposed to being central to the main story. Everything is moving at a good steady pace. I like the fact they change stories each season. Wish they would have done more with the modern serial killer subplot though. Expand
  25. Jan 9, 2013
    Jessica Lange is no doubt the star of this show. She was, in my opinion, pretty much the sole stand out in season one but season two has also added the amazing actors of Lily Rabe, Sister Mary Eunice, and Sarah Paulson, Lana Winters. This season these three women are in a league of their own and make this season the best season so far.
  26. Jan 24, 2013
    A vast improvement upon the sometimes entertaining season 1. Jessica Lange excels yet again. Great plot twists and genuinely creepy (especially in the finale). Definitely worth the time if you enjoy horror.
  27. Feb 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Let’s speak with candidness and honesty; aliens always seem a bit far-fetched. However, in season two of American Horror Story, known as Asylum, serial killers, exorcisms, hauntings, mad scientists, insane asylums, monsters, AND aliens are all pieced together to construct hooking horror television show. The season opens with an abandoned mental institution and a couple who has set off to explore it. As they enter its walls, the setting reverts back to 1964, and the story begins with a female reporter, Lana Winters, who is attempting to expose Briarcliff Mental Institution, a home for the criminally insane, of its corruption. In the process, she comes to discover a new serial killer that is being housed there as he awaits trial. When Winters is denied the story by a nun that is running the institution, Winters trespasses on to the property. Discovered by the despotic head-nun, Sister Jude, Lana Winters is blackmailed, punished, and committed to the asylum for her homosexuality. Behind Briarcliff Mental Institution’s closed doors, all sanity is left as you embark on a twisting journey, with an ever-thickening plot, in to the despairing depths of crazy. Created and produced by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk, American Horror Story: Asylum is one season in an anthological series that takes place in various locations. Each season has its own unrelated plot, characters, and horrors. First airing on FX in October 2011, American Horror Story: Haunted House delivered the series concept, and left viewers wanting more, as the biggest new cable series of 2011. Answering wishes, American Horror Story: Asylum began in October 2012 and aired its last episode on January 23. With 35 series award nominations and eight awards, clues to season three are being revealed and excitement is building, after a somewhat surprising ending to the spook-filled season. In watching American Horror Story: Asylum, the detailed plot is not only an attention ‘getter,’ but ‘keeper’ as well. Opening with a horror-packed episode, the series is sure to capture an audience. With each new episode, the characters’ lives are revealed, giving the viewer insights in to those that are sane, insane, and destined for the asylum. One of the highlights of the season is Jessica Lange’s portrayal of Judy Martin, also known as Sister Jude. As you see her character intensify, so does Lange’s acting ability. Her role hits a character turning point when she is committed to the asylum, and the viewer must feel Sister Jude’s agony as she is abandoned and left to handle the horrors herself. The deconstruction she faces leaves the viewer wondering how far writers Murphy and Falchuk are willing to retreat in to the complexities of darkness. The casting of each of the characters was done flawlessly, as each story elicits different fears and emotions. Another credit to the creators is their ability to write and face controversial issues. From homosexuality, to inter-racial marriages, religion to the American Health Care System, American Horror Story: Asylum is bursting with divisive material, and yet it is ultimately what makes the show so captivating to watch. No matter is too provocative and no issue is too scandalous. There is brilliance to be found in the complexities of controversy. However, one issue seemingly kept the show from achieving perfection. Despite the comprehensive plot, the story did seem to resolve too soon. Although all loose ends were neatly packaged, the show’s ending seemed rushed. Due to the content, the series has an air of endlessness, and sadly it seems to culminate while the characters are still developing. Regardless, it is clothed in genius and opens viewers to a new and upcoming anthological horror genre. Due to some of the content, it is definitely recommended for a mature audience who seeks drama, scandal, horror, and an all-inclusive journey every week. Season three is anxiously awaited. Expand
  28. May 18, 2013
    It is highly disturbing and anti-religious in some scenes, it is of coarse very scary, sexy and clever, it is so intense and creepy, recommended and one of the greatest
  29. Mar 6, 2013
    Si la primer temporada te gusto esta te va a encantar. Ahora es mucho mas psicológico metiendo a extraterrestres y un final no esperado a pesar de no tuvo tantos giros como la primer temporada pero su historia y personajes hicieron de "Asylum" una gran temporada.espero con ansias la tercer temporada.

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Nov 1, 2012
    Does it add up to a coherent whole? Impossible to say so far. Asylum is, in its opening episodes, more energetic and impishly funny than its predecessor.
  2. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 25, 2012
    It's dark, big-top sadism, and we wait for a story to emerge. [5 Nov 2012, p.41]
  3. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Oct 17, 2012
    Like a good scare? How about a bad scare? Or a thousand scares, good and bad and crazy? Season 2 of "American Horror Story," subtitled Asylum, is for you.