American Horror Story : Season 3

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 5, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
7.5

1. Jan 24, 2014
    This season is insanely boring. At this point who cares who is the supreme? The enemies keep changing, not enough action or scarines, season 2 the pinnacle of this show for me so far. Here's hoping to next season being better. Over it.
  2. Jan 26, 2014
    Man, after an amazing first season this show just keeps going downhill and season 3 takes that to a whole new level. This season doesn't even feel like American Horror Story, I heard it was going to be a little different but holy s***. Most people I know turned it down after the first episodes, (witches with superpowers and cliche high school personalities) me being hopeful decided toMan, after an amazing first season this show just keeps going downhill and season 3 takes that to a whole new level. This season doesn't even feel like American Horror Story, I heard it was going to be a little different but holy s***. Most people I know turned it down after the first episodes, (witches with superpowers and cliche high school personalities) me being hopeful decided to stick around but it only gets worse with each episode. I seriously don't know what the writers were thinking, it seems as if they got bored with their own plot and decided to spice things by adding/changing last minute stuff making everything else pointless.
    In short, the characters are unappealing, the story is a ridiculous mess, and overall not that interesting.
  3. Jan 9, 2015
    Season 3 turns the show from horror to teen-drama. It's definitely not horror in the slightest, and is much more thriller/action. This seasons story is probably the most cohesive story, one that doesn't have as many arcs and plot holes... but it still just doesn't feel complete. It's not nearly dark enough to actually give you any sense of dread in the atmosphere. It's just kind of... bland.
  4. Oct 16, 2013
    I liked the first episode but not enough to keep watching the series if I hadn't seen the first 2 seasons. I'm hoping the next few episodes will be more eventful because so far it is just Girl Drama: Witches Edition. For anyone who didn't like Coven I still recommend Asylum, and the first season.
  5. Sep 12, 2016
    In its first half, American Horror Story: Coven is incredibly entertaining, campy and witty, with fun characters and twists. Even though it is tonally different to the previous seasons, the first half continued to provide the craziness and unpredictability that fans have come to expect from the series. However, Coven falls apart in its second half as it succumbs to poor writing; losing allIn its first half, American Horror Story: Coven is incredibly entertaining, campy and witty, with fun characters and twists. Even though it is tonally different to the previous seasons, the first half continued to provide the craziness and unpredictability that fans have come to expect from the series. However, Coven falls apart in its second half as it succumbs to poor writing; losing all the wit and unpredictability of the first half and replacing it with repetitive plot twists and an abundance of plot holes, as well as making previously likeable characters now incredibly annoying and unlikeable. Despite having plenty of fun moments in its first half, American Horror Story: Coven falters in its second half, leaving the entire season disappointing and underwhelming in comparison to the fantastic first two seasons. Expand
  6. Jun 29, 2014
    The first half was good, but the second half was "The Supreme" piece of junk that season two was. The first season was good, second got worse over time like the third season. Their was a sexiness and freakiness that the last two seasons didn't have much of.
  7. Oct 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I originally chose not to watch American Horror Story when it first aired in 2011 because a friend told me it has a rape scene in it. Just recently I learned from a friend that each season of the show is entirely disconnected and functions as a separate series, so I decided to check out the third season pilot tonight, Coven. At first it started out extremely disturbing but interesting. It's phenomenal cast kept me intrigued. However, 51 minutes into the pilot, Emma Roberts was ruffied and gang raped and they showed the whole thing. I literally felt sick to my stomach. Further, Robert's character shrugs it off as if nothing happened. Regardless of whatever else the show has to offer, I will not be watching it. I strongly condemn the use of sexual violence in entertainment media. It sickens me that writers capable of producing an entire vision resort to the objectification, destruction and torture of young women in order to entertain their viewing audience. As a feminist, a man, and lover of women, I strongly suggest anyone who shares these feeling boycott this show. Deplorable. Expand
  8. Jan 23, 2014
    This season has been the biggest disappointment for me so far. :( I was excited when Kathy Bates joined the cast but her character is very underwritten just like every other characters in this season. ugh it's just awful.
  9. Sep 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've been following American Horror Story from Season 1: Murder House, and I have to say that Season 3: Coven was a bit of a disappointment. Season 2: Asylum was amazing but still not as good as Season 1, but Season 3 doesn't even come close to being as good as the other two. The ending was predictable, and from the past two seasons I would have guessed it would have ended as an edge-of-your-seat, cliff-hanger that left you asking questions and making up your own closing. This season didn't deliver that, which was more than disappointing. The plot was all over the place, and it was easy to forget what happened in each episode, leading to confusion in the following week's episode. Some aspects of this season were just plain weird, not even scary. For example, Taissa Farmiga's character, Zoe Benson, had a superpower that allowed her to kill her victims by having sex with them. It was just a really weird concept. However, I absolutely love the actors and actresses in American Horror Story. I love the way it's done in each season, using the same actors but creating different characters for them. That's always my favorite part at the beginning of each season, spotting a familiar face and connecting it back to a previous season. Jessica Lange never fails to amaze me with her unparalleled acting skills. Her character, Fiona Goode, was my favorite out of her three characters in each season. Jessica Lange manages to captivate you with the intensity she puts into her acting. Overall, this season wasn't great and didn't meet my expectations, but it wasn't bad. I'm still looking forward to Season 4: Freakshow. Expand
  10. Jan 15, 2015
    Compared to the other seasons this season seems tame. I found myself skipping dialog to get to something interesting because it was so boring. It still has some surprises worth watching but just felt dull midway to the end of the season. I also am sick of seeing that old lady always being the "sexy one" it was interesting they decided to do that the first season but now its over played,Compared to the other seasons this season seems tame. I found myself skipping dialog to get to something interesting because it was so boring. It still has some surprises worth watching but just felt dull midway to the end of the season. I also am sick of seeing that old lady always being the "sexy one" it was interesting they decided to do that the first season but now its over played, I skipped those parts. The only person who was really that interesting was the non-witch who did all the crazy stuff. Also witches were setting things on fire lifting pianos but get choked to death by someone? Doesn't make any sense. It was worth watching but just falls short of the last few seasons. Expand
  11. Nov 21, 2014
    Probably the weakest AHS season i date.The acting is not impressive and it looks like the creators had no ideas of what to do with this season.I stopped watching it at episode 3 because i was too disappointed.

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 24, 2013
    Despite its cheap shock effects, the show is indulgently ridiculous. [[28 Oct 2013, p.41]
    If the season-three premiere is any indication, although AHS has lost its novelty, it still has that seventies and eighties grindhouse/drive-in/midnight movie feeling.
  3. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Oct 9, 2013
    In the context of other television, American Horror Story is perverse and refreshing, proof that a great show doesn’t have to be self-serious to be smart.