• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 5, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
7.7

1. Oct 9, 2013
    Best series opening of the Autumn thus far, strong cast especially from Lange, who's always been the figurehead of this anthology series strong script, perhaps occasionally over-stylized at parts yet all together I loved it.
  2. Jan 14, 2014
    Rating this season higher than the previous two is an act of madness ! I hated from the first time the notice that Taissa Farmiga would be return in the cast; i think she's the worst actress in the USA ( at least ).
    AHS is become a teen-drama, not a horror, and low-level series full of nasty, blood and rough things. I mean, it has to be in some way like this, with withces and their macabre rituals, but Taissa Farmiga change the nature of the series into a low-teen-drama-trouble-heart-series.
    This season ? Failed.
  3. Oct 18, 2013
    season 1 was fantastic. a true American horror story. beautiful in its darkness. season 2 was mental, crazy but I couldn't take my eyes away. pure American horror. but 3? (and by the way im british). witches with super powers? come on!!! its like watching a teen movie in the back row of the cinema. and what a let down. witches can be the scariest things of em all. you guys have the witchseason 1 was fantastic. a true American horror story. beautiful in its darkness. season 2 was mental, crazy but I couldn't take my eyes away. pure American horror. but 3? (and by the way im british). witches with super powers? come on!!! its like watching a teen movie in the back row of the cinema. and what a let down. witches can be the scariest things of em all. you guys have the witch trials but look into medieval history. I know you wont like it but look into European history on witches. they will make your turn white. I turned it of in the second episode when the head mistress used the word magic. rubbish. magic is gone. but witchcraft lives on. and the writers/directors made a pigs ear of it. terrible. sorry guys but do your research first. true witches would have made the viewers piss there pants. sorry but epic fail from me. its like watching an eighties teen flick. I hope season 4 goes back true to style. if you get one after this shambles. witches? what a waste Expand
  4. Jan 17, 2014
    With all the different kinds of characters the series really had a potential to deliver well balanced story. It reminded me the first season of "Heroes". But later on it all became a total mess (story and direction wise). After watching episodes 10 and 11 I got so confused I had to check maybe I missed some chapter! and I don't think it can get better in 1-2 chapters left. I just watch itWith all the different kinds of characters the series really had a potential to deliver well balanced story. It reminded me the first season of "Heroes". But later on it all became a total mess (story and direction wise). After watching episodes 10 and 11 I got so confused I had to check maybe I missed some chapter! and I don't think it can get better in 1-2 chapters left. I just watch it for beautiful clothes and sets now. Expand
  5. Nov 21, 2013
    So far this season functions as a teenage girl drama. The plot is unfocused and sloppy and the dialogue is mediocre. The main problem is that this largely lacks the horror element.
  6. Oct 9, 2013
    I'm a big fan of this show since the beggining and this season is going to be kickass like the last one and this new cast has is just amazing, i am so glad it's back.
  7. Oct 19, 2013
    I LOVED season one, the whole haunted house vibe, the family dynamic. But like most shows, they are written as they go and season two was all over the place, nazi’s, aliens, mutants, demons…
    Now season three, well I made it thru two episodes and realized it’s not for me and most male audiences. Can’t wait for season four, and please new cast! Jessica Lange was brilliant in the first season, now she’s playing the same role with a different character on each season.
  8. Jan 26, 2014
    Man, after an amazing first season this show just keeps going downhill and season 3 takes that to a whole new level. This season doesn't even feel like American Horror Story, I heard it was going to be a little different but holy s***. Most people I know turned it down after the first episodes, (witches with superpowers and cliche high school personalities) me being hopeful decided toMan, after an amazing first season this show just keeps going downhill and season 3 takes that to a whole new level. This season doesn't even feel like American Horror Story, I heard it was going to be a little different but holy s***. Most people I know turned it down after the first episodes, (witches with superpowers and cliche high school personalities) me being hopeful decided to stick around but it only gets worse with each episode. I seriously don't know what the writers were thinking, it seems as if they got bored with their own plot and decided to spice things by adding/changing last minute stuff making everything else pointless.
    In short, the characters are unappealing, the story is a ridiculous mess, and overall not that interesting.
  9. Oct 11, 2013
    The camp factor is still really high, but unlike 'Asylum', 'Coven' has a compelling story to tell. The premiere was the best hour of 'AHS' that I've seen, and most importantly, it left me wanting more.
  10. Jan 24, 2014
    This season is insanely boring. At this point who cares who is the supreme? The enemies keep changing, not enough action or scarines, season 2 the pinnacle of this show for me so far. Here's hoping to next season being better. Over it.
  11. Oct 10, 2013
    In terms of first episodes, It was rather generic. It was good enough to suck you in but not good enough to say it was good/great. I had as a 6.5 overall through out but more leaning towards a 6 and not a 7 because it was just not that satisfying. It was enjoyable and it certainly kept you interested but it could have been better.

To be honest, I don't have high hopes for this season. I

To be honest, I don't have high hopes for this season. I think it will be rather slow at times, mix up mid-season, and like the previous 2 seasons it will end poorly. Only time will tell if Coven will be the same as the previous 2 seasons or charge for the better.
  12. Oct 10, 2013
    American Horror Story delivered yet again with an engrossing premier, already filled with twists and turns, and brimming with immense potential. This season has all the mystery and unsettling imagery you've come to expect from the series, while yet again creating a rich fictional world that is both dementedly fantastic and somehow believable. Part of it's realism no doubt comes from theAmerican Horror Story delivered yet again with an engrossing premier, already filled with twists and turns, and brimming with immense potential. This season has all the mystery and unsettling imagery you've come to expect from the series, while yet again creating a rich fictional world that is both dementedly fantastic and somehow believable. Part of it's realism no doubt comes from the stellar cast, which absolutely kills it every season. Overall I think this was a very strong premier and will likely be a very strong season, as the writers continue to develop already strong characters, and un-apologetically thrust them into unsavory situations. Expand
  13. Oct 22, 2013
    It's campy!

It's campy!

But that isn't bad! To be brief: The show is fun! It's better in storytelling than 90% of the shows currently on. Its clever and twisty narrative is quite engaging for the horror or any kind of fans. The pace is fast, compelling and simply good. The direction is stylish, funny, satirical and cool. The acting is just fine, with Lange, Bates and Bassett being top-notch as ever. I like the witchy, and scandalous Emma Roberts too.

This is the only season I've watched because the others were very disgusting and gory. This was just OK.

It's just fun! Nothing serious...
  14. Jan 19, 2014
    It seems like maybe my demographic (young male) is being purposefully ignored in the writing of this season. I'm trying to watch it but there's just too much drama and not enough real tension.
  15. Jan 15, 2014
    This season seems to be disjointed and out of focus. Patti Lupone's religious nutt-job character and her son turned out to be complete throw away characters without any ultimate impact on the plot. What a waste. Kathy Bates character - wasted. Gabi's character- wasted. The build up at the winter cliff hanger was good but I still can't see where this season is going or why its going atThis season seems to be disjointed and out of focus. Patti Lupone's religious nutt-job character and her son turned out to be complete throw away characters without any ultimate impact on the plot. What a waste. Kathy Bates character - wasted. Gabi's character- wasted. The build up at the winter cliff hanger was good but I still can't see where this season is going or why its going at all. You can tell they are making it up as they go along. Cordelia was a bad ass with no eyes and then an episode or two later she gets them back and is a wuss once more. So many great actors and actresses in the cast this year and they seemed to go to waste. I would have loved to know more about the mens characters this year- Spalding and Evan were great characters but not really developed. Again i suppose the point is to vanquish the corporation but then why haven't we seen more of them? underdeveloped characters in a great ensemble cast. What a waste. Expand
  16. Oct 9, 2013
    I think this season has to have one of the best openers so far. Its chilling, gory and just so great. The cast is fantastic, and the opening scene really hooks you in.
  17. Jan 16, 2014
    The most shocking season yet. Some people might bash the way at which the characters keep coming back to life, BUT it is brilliant, because it prevents the main question that everyone's asking from becoming too easy to answer. Who will be the next supreme? Well, it could be anyone, because everyone seems to be brought back from the dead! This season is brilliant, full of death with noThe most shocking season yet. Some people might bash the way at which the characters keep coming back to life, BUT it is brilliant, because it prevents the main question that everyone's asking from becoming too easy to answer. Who will be the next supreme? Well, it could be anyone, because everyone seems to be brought back from the dead! This season is brilliant, full of death with no consequences (which keeps fans of lesser characters happy as well, because their favorites never "really" die off). The story itself is chilling, as usual and the cast is superb. It will be a real shame when Jessica Lange leaves the show after season 4... Expand
  18. Oct 16, 2013
    I liked the first episode but not enough to keep watching the series if I hadn't seen the first 2 seasons. I'm hoping the next few episodes will be more eventful because so far it is just Girl Drama: Witches Edition. For anyone who didn't like Coven I still recommend Asylum, and the first season.
  19. Nov 15, 2013
    This season of american horror story is really amazing. Once I found out that this season will focus on a story line of witches, I got very excited. I was although curious on how the story will introduce itself. Overall this show has a great story line, the acting is just so amazing, the show has humor, there are things you will never imagine in this show especially this season. Love thisThis season of american horror story is really amazing. Once I found out that this season will focus on a story line of witches, I got very excited. I was although curious on how the story will introduce itself. Overall this show has a great story line, the acting is just so amazing, the show has humor, there are things you will never imagine in this show especially this season. Love this season and can't wait to see what story line there going to make for season 4. My rating: 10/10. Expand
  20. Nov 19, 2013
    This season is very appealing thanks to the cast and the strong story. Gabourey Sidibe has always been on my watch-list and Jamie Brewer's acting is improving compared to what she showcased on season 1. Taissa Farmiga, Emma Roberts, Jessica Lange, and Denis O'Hare are all doing their jobs well. Frances Conroy and Lily Rabe are indeed two very underrated actresses. And need I say more ofThis season is very appealing thanks to the cast and the strong story. Gabourey Sidibe has always been on my watch-list and Jamie Brewer's acting is improving compared to what she showcased on season 1. Taissa Farmiga, Emma Roberts, Jessica Lange, and Denis O'Hare are all doing their jobs well. Frances Conroy and Lily Rabe are indeed two very underrated actresses. And need I say more of Angela Bassett? She's playing Marie Laveau with a very strong set of skills. The only letdown would be Evan Peters, who is not convincing enough for a resurrected zombie-like. Other than that, the story of this season is very potential and I can say that it's been going on the right lane so far. Oh, and the references to popular culture are, as always, intriguing! This is nothing like a lame-teen-superpower-movie whatsoever. Expand
  21. Jan 1, 2014
    Dark. Macabre. Eerie. Deep. Weird. Perhaps that'd be the best way to sum up this amazing show. Murder House and Asylum are much better than Coven. Jessica Lange, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe are the grace of this show. I have rarely seen such refined acting and strong story-lines. The show really lives up to it's fame. I just hope that season 4 redeems the show.
    It's a must-watch.
  22. Jan 30, 2014
    Well...I have to say that season 3 of American Horror Story was corny as hell and the biggest piece of crap in comparison to the last two seasons. I sat through this entire season just hoping that at some point it would turn around, but it just got worse and worse and worse. The story started off promising, but turned out to be an epic failure. It seemed like eventually all I was watchingWell...I have to say that season 3 of American Horror Story was corny as hell and the biggest piece of crap in comparison to the last two seasons. I sat through this entire season just hoping that at some point it would turn around, but it just got worse and worse and worse. The story started off promising, but turned out to be an epic failure. It seemed like eventually all I was watching was a repeat episode of a bunch of teenybopper whinny **** constantly fighting and arguing over who was going to be the next "supreme." I'm not sure why they even bothered putting Evan Peters in this one. I'm not sure why Jamie Brewer can't ever make it an entire season, especially since she was one of the few likable characters in this season. They took the Stevie Nix thing waaaay too far, and even the damn background music lacked in depth. All they ever played was this little girl La La La La **** in the background non-stop. Jeez, not only did they get lazy with developing a decent story, but they even got lazy with the film score too! It's like they straight up didn't give a damn with this one. Oh well...Good riddance is all I can say. I certainly hope the next season helps to redeem the series, and helps me to forget about this lame-ass bloody tampon of a season. Expand
  23. Oct 8, 2014
    The show is full of talent, and that will probably be what people see first in American Horror Story: Coven. We have Jessica Lange who already warrants the show a perfect score, Kathy Bates who is always on point with her character, Angela Basset who makes you believe the witches might actually have a problem three-four episodes in. Coven is star studded, and everything works. This is theThe show is full of talent, and that will probably be what people see first in American Horror Story: Coven. We have Jessica Lange who already warrants the show a perfect score, Kathy Bates who is always on point with her character, Angela Basset who makes you believe the witches might actually have a problem three-four episodes in. Coven is star studded, and everything works. This is the season to watch first if you're new. Expand
  24. Mar 26, 2014
    altra stagione, altro plot...facile quanto riuscito come se non più dei precedenti, anche questa stagione ti droga dal primo episodio grazie a nuovi personaggi in volti più o meno soliti. un serial assolutamente da vedere per gli amanti del thrilling ma non solo.
    voto 9. bello bello ed avanti cosi.
  25. May 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Coven started off interesting but quickly turned into a weird, confused reality TV show. People kept changing sides, plot holes galore (if you bring someone back from the dead you can't kill them again, because they're dead, but they still kill those who were brought back form the dead), and two episodes that were nothing more than a Stevie Nicks music video. Expand
  26. Jan 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been a huge fan of American Horror Story since its very begin in 2011 and have been since. I thought Murder House was fantastic and I thought Asylum was brilliant and I was highly-anticipating Coven, the third season in the series. I heard that Coven was going to be a much lighter season compared to the darkness that is Asylum, but I didn't mind as long as the season were to be good. When Coven began I was enjoying it - albeit not on par as the previous seasons, it was gruesome, funny and highly entertaining - throwing plenty of nice curveball twists at the audience. But sadly, as the season progressed, the worse it got. Featuring lame subplots, the growing annoyances of characters, plenty of plot-holes and other narrative problems - Coven began to signal the ever-worrying downfall of American Horror Story. Certain plot developments and what not were raised and dropped as the season went on (for example, Zoe's evil vagina - which was brought up early on in the season then dropped, never to be referenced again). Also some of the main plot points were rushed into conclusion (eg. Fiona/Laveau and Laveau/Lalaurie) so Coven can mainly focus of the ever-uninteresting "Supreme" plot line, which was utterly tedious and boring. I didn't necessarily mind the characters at the start of the season, but then as Coven got worse so did the characters; Evan Peters' Kyle was a totally unnecessary addition to Coven who didn't move the story along and became a huge bore every time he appeared on screen. Taissa Farmiga's Zoe was utterly annoying and boring and Farmiga's acting didn't try to improve this. I didn't like her as Violet and I didn't like her as Zoe, then again I absolutely hated Violet as a character. Gabourey Sidibe's Queenie was likeable at the beginning of the series and suddenly became a total **** there is a certain lack of justification for this due to poor writing. Emma Roberts' Madison played a likeable **** at the beginning of Coven but then became absolutely annoying. Besides fine performances from Sarah Paulson, Jessice Lange, Denis O'Hare, Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett and Lily Rabe - there were no characters I really cared for, unlike Asylum - which had me fearing for the lives of characters - this reminds me of this fact, in Coven death loses all meaning due to the constant resurrection of characters who have been killed off - which means by the end of the episode, I have lost all care for anything that happens in Coven. The best characters in the series were Lily Rabe's Misty Day and Denis O'Hare's Spalding - who were the only characters who didn't become utterly annoying towards the end of the season. The season finale of Coven was pretty awful; it was odd-paced and they focused too much on the boring "Supreme" plot line, but I did really like the final conversation between Sarah Paulson's Cordelia and Jessica Lange's Fiona, which seemed to mirror the conversation between Sarah Paulson's Lana and Dylan McDermott's Johnny in the conclusion of "Madness Ends", the brilliant Asylum finale. All together, Coven started off fantastic as a unique, highly entertaining and fun season even though it lacked the true horror that the previous seasons offered, but then it fell into a downward spiral of awfulness, featuring plenty of plot holes, annoying characters, horrible pacing and terrible writing. I truly hope that the next season, Season 4, is a much better outing than the one that Coven provides. Expand
  27. Jun 29, 2014
    The first half was good, but the second half was "The Supreme" piece of junk that season two was. The first season was good, second got worse over time like the third season. Their was a sexiness and freakiness that the last two seasons didn't have much of.
  28. Oct 26, 2013
    Ryan Murphy once again proving he cant go wrong with AHS. I'm obsessed with this one, it has in my opinion the best opening of the series so far. Witches and Monsters, you got me on Ryan Murphy. The cast is fantastic as usual, the creeps, twists, EVERYTHING. Is American Horror Story people this gets better and better. Im a freak I know and I Love American Horror Story Coven NO REGRET.
  29. Feb 22, 2014
    Great season, with a perfect combination of horror, splatter, black humor and good scenario. As for the actors, I cannot emphasize enough, the quality of their work. Entertaining and fun for all horror lovers!
  30. Feb 9, 2014
    This season of American Horror Story kept to one plot line much better than previous seasons. Every single thing that happened clearly related to the plot and no event seemed random. That said, there were some unresolved moments and plot holes in the finale. Other than that however between the once again stellar acting and directing season 3 was a great season.
  31. Oct 16, 2013
    American Horror Story: Coven is back with a vengeance. Jessica Lang is perfect as always and is of course giving top notch acting. The addition of Cathy Bates, Gabourey Sidibe, and Emma Roberts are all great casting choices, and Kathy is perfect in the role she is given and the youth obsessed slave owner. Sarah Paulson also has a well received, well by me anyways, return to the thirdAmerican Horror Story: Coven is back with a vengeance. Jessica Lang is perfect as always and is of course giving top notch acting. The addition of Cathy Bates, Gabourey Sidibe, and Emma Roberts are all great casting choices, and Kathy is perfect in the role she is given and the youth obsessed slave owner. Sarah Paulson also has a well received, well by me anyways, return to the third series of AHS and is just as good as Asylum in my opinion. Overall, just based on the pilot episode, American Horror story has made a great step forward with Coven, it is more concise and focused then Asylum and is creepier then ever, so far easily 10/10 Expand
  32. Oct 19, 2013
    Loved this show in the past. This season is a little different. The story once again is unique, cleverly written and excellently executed. The acting is better than ever. But in my eyes, sexual violence is nothing that should ever be shown in any form of entertainment. Any story can always find an alternative route besides using that. Would have been a higher rating if this wasn'tLoved this show in the past. This season is a little different. The story once again is unique, cleverly written and excellently executed. The acting is better than ever. But in my eyes, sexual violence is nothing that should ever be shown in any form of entertainment. Any story can always find an alternative route besides using that. Would have been a higher rating if this wasn't included. I may have to stop watching if It happens again Expand
  33. Jan 30, 2014
    If not the best "American Horror Story" yet, it is one of the most compelling TV series ever made, and probably one of the best. It is funny, horrifying, disturbing and ver modern & stylish, loved every season, but "Coven" is the best, yet.
  34. Oct 11, 2014
    Não entendo porquê tantas pessoas não gostam de Coven, claro, há escolhas tomadas de última hora completamente incoerentes, porém, o entretenimento ainda permanece, essa temporada é uma das melhores na minha opinião. O final é totalmente justificável e a vontade de saber o que irá acontecer ainda continua. Coven não é perfeita, mas é totalmente desnecessário detestá-la.
  35. Oct 10, 2013
    I've been a fan since the first season and each premiere has been great. Beautifully shot and well acted, as per usual. I'm really excited to see how this season develops!!!
  36. Oct 10, 2013
    What I like about the the first episode is that it really introduces all the major characters and shows the audiences what to expect throughout the season. Unlike Season 2, it was just all over the place. I really hope there is no ambiguous story line and leaves some unanswered. Jessica Lange, Kathy Bate and Angela Bassett proves why they are the best in the business. Their performancesWhat I like about the the first episode is that it really introduces all the major characters and shows the audiences what to expect throughout the season. Unlike Season 2, it was just all over the place. I really hope there is no ambiguous story line and leaves some unanswered. Jessica Lange, Kathy Bate and Angela Bassett proves why they are the best in the business. Their performances was outstanding, in particular Kathy Bates totally nailed her part. The season is very promising and reminds me a bit of Charmed and Buffy but more in your throat kinda way. Expand
  37. Oct 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I originally chose not to watch American Horror Story when it first aired in 2011 because a friend told me it has a rape scene in it. Just recently I learned from a friend that each season of the show is entirely disconnected and functions as a separate series, so I decided to check out the third season pilot tonight, Coven. At first it started out extremely disturbing but interesting. It's phenomenal cast kept me intrigued. However, 51 minutes into the pilot, Emma Roberts was ruffied and gang raped and they showed the whole thing. I literally felt sick to my stomach. Further, Robert's character shrugs it off as if nothing happened. Regardless of whatever else the show has to offer, I will not be watching it. I strongly condemn the use of sexual violence in entertainment media. It sickens me that writers capable of producing an entire vision resort to the objectification, destruction and torture of young women in order to entertain their viewing audience. As a feminist, a man, and lover of women, I strongly suggest anyone who shares these feeling boycott this show. Deplorable. Expand
  38. Oct 10, 2013
    I was worried that a third horror story would be a little to farfetched, however, I wasn't expecting any of what I saw. I'm a big fan since its genesis, and this installment looks like its gonna live up to its predecessors. I'm not skeptic to watch this at all. The cast, the story and the location look remarkable. Jessica Lange (as always) and Kathy Bates are just to die for.
  39. Feb 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Love, Love this show it manges to capture a dark side of me the first season 7/10 the rest 10/10 the story lines are amazing and the quality of acting is great the current season 3 covers the true story off Mrs Delphine LaLaurie as cruel vile woman who is famous in New Orleans for her torture and cruelty towards slaves and the ancestors of her captives seeking revenge upon her the writer need to keep up the good work i learned a small piece of history watching this, the actors need to stay and continue the amazing job WATCH THIS NOW ! its booth entertaining and intriguing . Expand
  40. Oct 31, 2013
    Ryan Murphy & Brad Falchuk have done it again, he has really done something different and that it really outshines from the rest with a unique cast concept....
  41. Oct 31, 2013
    This season is the best so far. The acting is phenomenal. The characters are well rounded, the plot is fun, unique, and scary. When you watch the show, you are in for a very fun ride.
  42. Nov 14, 2013
    I can honestly say that I like this season more than last (season 1 was AMAZING) and I'm looking forward to every episode so that's a good thing, I couldn't get into last season past the first 2 episodes. The whole witch thing overall is getting old because everyone's doing it but this is twisted, of course, which makes it better than your average CW teen show. The acting is always good,I can honestly say that I like this season more than last (season 1 was AMAZING) and I'm looking forward to every episode so that's a good thing, I couldn't get into last season past the first 2 episodes. The whole witch thing overall is getting old because everyone's doing it but this is twisted, of course, which makes it better than your average CW teen show. The acting is always good, Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson MAKE the show IMO. Kathy Bates and Angela B are good additions this season, no complaints with their acting skills. We'll see how it goes. Expand
  43. Dec 10, 2013
    From the first few minutes, the show hooks you in a web of interest and awe. The characters are wonderfully thought out and the first scene is gruesome and amazing at the same time
  44. Jan 23, 2014
    This season has been the biggest disappointment for me so far. :( I was excited when Kathy Bates joined the cast but her character is very underwritten just like every other characters in this season. ugh it's just awful.
  45. Jan 30, 2014
    Decently thought out, really enjoyed the deeper meaning as they explored the role of women and oppression of minority groups though I do think the oppression could be better fleshed out. I liked the season and am still an avid fan of the show though I definitely think that there's room for improvement
  46. Nov 21, 2014
    Probably the weakest AHS season i date.The acting is not impressive and it looks like the creators had no ideas of what to do with this season.I stopped watching it at episode 3 because i was too disappointed.
  47. Apr 19, 2014
    Best season of American Horror Story. The story is great. It's very hard not to get invested in the story and the characters. The acting is great and the special effects are fantastic. However, I didn't like what they did with some of the characters. A few of the characters barely ever spoke. There were some characters like Zoe that played a key role in the beginning of the season, butBest season of American Horror Story. The story is great. It's very hard not to get invested in the story and the characters. The acting is great and the special effects are fantastic. However, I didn't like what they did with some of the characters. A few of the characters barely ever spoke. There were some characters like Zoe that played a key role in the beginning of the season, but become less and less necessary as the season progressed and they're just along for the ride rather than contributing anything to the story as a whole. This is also the least scary of the first 3 seasons, but it is the funniest. Personally, I didn't like the ending. Despite all this, it's a phenomenal series and absolutely worth watching. Collapse
  48. Apr 19, 2014
    I am honestly surprised that this is the best critical received season of American Horror Story for one simple reason - its not scary. If you saw this season alone, you would not be amiss to think that it is undeserving of the series title.
    This being said, the season has the strongest overall narrative structure. By this point I believe Ryan Murphy has realized that the past few seasons had been rather predictable and successfully kept me guessing. This is the first season where I didn't guess every major plot point correctly. The general concept of the show revolves around a New Orleans coven of witches and the ascension of a new leader of there's, dubbed a Supreme, and the old Supreme's antics and refusal to give up her power. Unlike other seasons, the story comes across more like a political drama than an outright horror story.
    The acting is the strongest is has been throughout the entire seasons. Though it is criminal that Zachary Quinto did not return this season, the cast nailed it. Taissa Farmiga gave a much better performance than in the first season, along with Jamie Brewer. Sarah Paulson, Frances Conroy, Evan Peters, Lily Rabe, Denis O'Hare, and especially Jessica Lange deliver some of their best performances on the program. Other new cast members such as Emma Roberts, Angella Bassett, and the fantastic Kathy Bates deliver stellar performances, with Bates stealing the show.
    All this goes to create a fantastic product that just isn't scary. For me, this is not a large deal, but it may completely ruin it for some people, including a friend of mine. This season seems to have a large love/hate relationship, but I believe that if people manage their expectations and don't expect a 'horror story' this season, it is greatly enjoyable.
  49. May 8, 2014
    I was very pleased to American Horror Story Season 3, but unfortunately I'm a little frustrated. I do not like comedy. American Horror Story S3 but tends to be a comedy show for me. Annie Wilkes in Misery was really creepy, but here it has something of a clown. The trailers have promised more. The theme of witches has given away here completely.
  50. Oct 26, 2014
    exelente serie meressia o emmy de melhor serie porem teve alguns fatos esquesidos mas n enterfiriu exelentes atrizes como Sarah Emma Jessica Taissa Farmiga e Lily Rabe
  51. Sep 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've been following American Horror Story from Season 1: Murder House, and I have to say that Season 3: Coven was a bit of a disappointment. Season 2: Asylum was amazing but still not as good as Season 1, but Season 3 doesn't even come close to being as good as the other two. The ending was predictable, and from the past two seasons I would have guessed it would have ended as an edge-of-your-seat, cliff-hanger that left you asking questions and making up your own closing. This season didn't deliver that, which was more than disappointing. The plot was all over the place, and it was easy to forget what happened in each episode, leading to confusion in the following week's episode. Some aspects of this season were just plain weird, not even scary. For example, Taissa Farmiga's character, Zoe Benson, had a superpower that allowed her to kill her victims by having sex with them. It was just a really weird concept. However, I absolutely love the actors and actresses in American Horror Story. I love the way it's done in each season, using the same actors but creating different characters for them. That's always my favorite part at the beginning of each season, spotting a familiar face and connecting it back to a previous season. Jessica Lange never fails to amaze me with her unparalleled acting skills. Her character, Fiona Goode, was my favorite out of her three characters in each season. Jessica Lange manages to captivate you with the intensity she puts into her acting. Overall, this season wasn't great and didn't meet my expectations, but it wasn't bad. I'm still looking forward to Season 4: Freakshow. Expand
  52. Oct 13, 2014
    American Horror Story: Coven completely misses two of the three words in its main title; it isn't nearly scary enough to be considered "Horror" and it doesn't have any character through-line or plot to render it a "Story." This season is absolute garbage.
  53. Oct 19, 2014
    Just watched the series, it was good. One thing I really liked we getting to see Evan Peters butt, though I wish the banging he was doing was to Taissa Farmiga. But other than that, the story line was very boring. But still good, just hope for the next one "freakshow" to be a little more scarer and better.
  54. Nov 4, 2014
    The third season of American Horror Story is titled "Coven." This season takes place in New Orleans where troubled young girls seek the help of Cordelia Foxx in a witch coven. This season takes on mythology, killers, and even zombies.
    While Coven may be the weakest of the 3 (completed) seasons, its still amazing. As always the acting is brilliant and the storyline is great too. The only problem with this season is that towards the end, it became like a drama instead of a horror show. They needed to stick with what they were doing in the beginning of the season and really make it dark. Otherwise it was an overall, good season.
  55. Nov 19, 2014
    american horror story is an exciting, fun series and misteriosa.acho the series was well developed, of course we can see some errors that is nothing more embarrassing
  56. Nov 23, 2014
    Okay... Season three sucks major dick. The whole **** season was a huge advertisement for tampons. It seemed like the writers felt the need to attract 13 year old girls so they went **** by taking New Orleans voodoo stories and raped them by the eyes with some teenage **** like ostracising, having a boyfriend, being careful so you won't get gang raped etc... To be honest I wouldn't mind ifOkay... Season three sucks major dick. The whole **** season was a huge advertisement for tampons. It seemed like the writers felt the need to attract 13 year old girls so they went **** by taking New Orleans voodoo stories and raped them by the eyes with some teenage **** like ostracising, having a boyfriend, being careful so you won't get gang raped etc... To be honest I wouldn't mind if that **** existed in some sort of subplot, but for some reason they made it into the main **** thing. Seriously.... it's frustrating. Season 2 actually gave me a good scare. It was good enough to be called horror or even thriller, but season three... Just a huge steaming pile of **** I really wanna runt a lot about it because i wasted my time and I can't get that **** back... The only reason I am giving it 2 points is because Jessica Lange is giving an excellent performance. Expand
  57. Dec 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I watched seasons 1 and 2 with great pleasure. I'm greatly DISAPPOINTED in season 3 as it is BLATANTLY RACIST. We live in the year 2014, yet the gruesome images I had to endure watching the opening of the 1st episode were sickening. Not sure if I'll watch the remaining episodes. KKK, slavery reminders and stereotypical images of women of color are key points in this season. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 24, 2013
    Despite its cheap shock effects, the show is indulgently ridiculous. [[28 Oct 2013, p.41]
    If the season-three premiere is any indication, although AHS has lost its novelty, it still has that seventies and eighties grindhouse/drive-in/midnight movie feeling.
  3. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Oct 9, 2013
    In the context of other television, American Horror Story is perverse and refreshing, proof that a great show doesn’t have to be self-serious to be smart.