American Horror Story : Season 3

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 5, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
7.5

1. Jan 1, 2014
    Dark. Macabre. Eerie. Deep. Weird. Perhaps that'd be the best way to sum up this amazing show. Murder House and Asylum are much better than Coven. Jessica Lange, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe are the grace of this show. I have rarely seen such refined acting and strong story-lines. The show really lives up to it's fame. I just hope that season 4 redeems the show.
    It's a must-watch.
  2. Mar 26, 2014
    altra stagione, altro plot...facile quanto riuscito come se non più dei precedenti, anche questa stagione ti droga dal primo episodio grazie a nuovi personaggi in volti più o meno soliti. un serial assolutamente da vedere per gli amanti del thrilling ma non solo.
    voto 9. bello bello ed avanti cosi.
  3. Feb 22, 2014
    Great season, with a perfect combination of horror, splatter, black humor and good scenario. As for the actors, I cannot emphasize enough, the quality of their work. Entertaining and fun for all horror lovers!
  4. Feb 9, 2014
    This season of American Horror Story kept to one plot line much better than previous seasons. Every single thing that happened clearly related to the plot and no event seemed random. That said, there were some unresolved moments and plot holes in the finale. Other than that however between the once again stellar acting and directing season 3 was a great season.
  5. Jan 30, 2014
    If not the best "American Horror Story" yet, it is one of the most compelling TV series ever made, and probably one of the best. It is funny, horrifying, disturbing and ver modern & stylish, loved every season, but "Coven" is the best, yet.
  6. Oct 11, 2014
    Não entendo porquê tantas pessoas não gostam de Coven, claro, há escolhas tomadas de última hora completamente incoerentes, porém, o entretenimento ainda permanece, essa temporada é uma das melhores na minha opinião. O final é totalmente justificável e a vontade de saber o que irá acontecer ainda continua. Coven não é perfeita, mas é totalmente desnecessário detestá-la.
  7. Oct 10, 2013
    I was worried that a third horror story would be a little to farfetched, however, I wasn't expecting any of what I saw. I'm a big fan since its genesis, and this installment looks like its gonna live up to its predecessors. I'm not skeptic to watch this at all. The cast, the story and the location look remarkable. Jessica Lange (as always) and Kathy Bates are just to die for.
  8. Oct 31, 2013
    This season is the best so far. The acting is phenomenal. The characters are well rounded, the plot is fun, unique, and scary. When you watch the show, you are in for a very fun ride.
  9. Jan 30, 2014
    Decently thought out, really enjoyed the deeper meaning as they explored the role of women and oppression of minority groups though I do think the oppression could be better fleshed out. I liked the season and am still an avid fan of the show though I definitely think that there's room for improvement
  10. Apr 19, 2014
    Best season of American Horror Story. The story is great. It's very hard not to get invested in the story and the characters. The acting is great and the special effects are fantastic. However, I didn't like what they did with some of the characters. A few of the characters barely ever spoke. There were some characters like Zoe that played a key role in the beginning of the season, butBest season of American Horror Story. The story is great. It's very hard not to get invested in the story and the characters. The acting is great and the special effects are fantastic. However, I didn't like what they did with some of the characters. A few of the characters barely ever spoke. There were some characters like Zoe that played a key role in the beginning of the season, but become less and less necessary as the season progressed and they're just along for the ride rather than contributing anything to the story as a whole. This is also the least scary of the first 3 seasons, but it is the funniest. Personally, I didn't like the ending. Despite all this, it's a phenomenal series and absolutely worth watching. Expand
  11. Apr 19, 2014
    I am honestly surprised that this is the best critical received season of American Horror Story for one simple reason - its not scary. If you saw this season alone, you would not be amiss to think that it is undeserving of the series title.
    This being said, the season has the strongest overall narrative structure. By this point I believe Ryan Murphy has realized that the past few seasons had been rather predictable and successfully kept me guessing. This is the first season where I didn't guess every major plot point correctly. The general concept of the show revolves around a New Orleans coven of witches and the ascension of a new leader of there's, dubbed a Supreme, and the old Supreme's antics and refusal to give up her power. Unlike other seasons, the story comes across more like a political drama than an outright horror story.
    The acting is the strongest is has been throughout the entire seasons. Though it is criminal that Zachary Quinto did not return this season, the cast nailed it. Taissa Farmiga gave a much better performance than in the first season, along with Jamie Brewer. Sarah Paulson, Frances Conroy, Evan Peters, Lily Rabe, Denis O'Hare, and especially Jessica Lange deliver some of their best performances on the program. Other new cast members such as Emma Roberts, Angella Bassett, and the fantastic Kathy Bates deliver stellar performances, with Bates stealing the show.
    All this goes to create a fantastic product that just isn't scary. For me, this is not a large deal, but it may completely ruin it for some people, including a friend of mine. This season seems to have a large love/hate relationship, but I believe that if people manage their expectations and don't expect a 'horror story' this season, it is greatly enjoyable.
  12. Oct 26, 2014
    exelente serie meressia o emmy de melhor serie porem teve alguns fatos esquesidos mas n enterfiriu exelentes atrizes como Sarah Emma Jessica Taissa Farmiga e Lily Rabe
  13. Jan 11, 2016
    Stylish, full of memorable characters, and an engaging plot make Coven the best American Horror Story season yet. Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson continue to impress while newcomers Gabourey Sidibe and Emma Roberts make welcome additions to the cast.
  14. Dec 21, 2015
    That's what I was talking about. Horror and drama at the right dose, that's what American Horror Story is. Iconic. It is, for me, the best season of American Horror Story.
  15. Sep 15, 2016
    Clever, stylish, and filled with unsettling imagery, American Horror Story: Coven changes things up a bit from the first two installments. And in a good way! With continually exquisite performances from it's tremendous cast, and very strange and outlandish storylines, the season is a very fun ride, while also delving into more serious issues including race, acceptance, and aging/clingingClever, stylish, and filled with unsettling imagery, American Horror Story: Coven changes things up a bit from the first two installments. And in a good way! With continually exquisite performances from it's tremendous cast, and very strange and outlandish storylines, the season is a very fun ride, while also delving into more serious issues including race, acceptance, and aging/clinging to youth.
    While the story may become somewhat muddled mid-run, I easily overlook it, as it is well worth sticking with just to see Lange, Bates, Bassett, and Paulson share the screen!
  16. May 16, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. AHS: Coven é uma temporada excelente, pena que os fãs a detestam tanto. Teve alguns vários erros? Teve. Mas isso não tira o brilho da própria. Abordando o tema bruxas na atualidade, a atuação do elenco ficou impecável, a fotografia e os cenários também. A história dos caçadores de bruxas e do Minotauro poderiam ser mais bem aproveitadas, mas a história em si me encantou. Só dou um recado pro Ryan: na próxima vez, vê se para de dar esse piti de morre-ressuscita, porque não dá não. Expand
  17. Aug 10, 2016
    A great season that great story great charters

Episodes
    Protect the Coven 7/10 good
    Go to Hell 7/10 good
    The Seven Wonders 6/10 okay
  18. Oct 9, 2013
    Best series opening of the Autumn thus far, strong cast especially from Lange, who's always been the figurehead of this anthology series strong script, perhaps occasionally over-stylized at parts yet all together I loved it.
  19. Oct 16, 2013
    American Horror Story: Coven is back with a vengeance. Jessica Lang is perfect as always and is of course giving top notch acting. The addition of Cathy Bates, Gabourey Sidibe, and Emma Roberts are all great casting choices, and Kathy is perfect in the role she is given and the youth obsessed slave owner. Sarah Paulson also has a well received, well by me anyways, return to the thirdAmerican Horror Story: Coven is back with a vengeance. Jessica Lang is perfect as always and is of course giving top notch acting. The addition of Cathy Bates, Gabourey Sidibe, and Emma Roberts are all great casting choices, and Kathy is perfect in the role she is given and the youth obsessed slave owner. Sarah Paulson also has a well received, well by me anyways, return to the third series of AHS and is just as good as Asylum in my opinion. Overall, just based on the pilot episode, American Horror story has made a great step forward with Coven, it is more concise and focused then Asylum and is creepier then ever, so far easily 10/10 Expand
  20. Oct 19, 2013
    Loved this show in the past. This season is a little different. The story once again is unique, cleverly written and excellently executed. The acting is better than ever. But in my eyes, sexual violence is nothing that should ever be shown in any form of entertainment. Any story can always find an alternative route besides using that. Would have been a higher rating if this wasn'tLoved this show in the past. This season is a little different. The story once again is unique, cleverly written and excellently executed. The acting is better than ever. But in my eyes, sexual violence is nothing that should ever be shown in any form of entertainment. Any story can always find an alternative route besides using that. Would have been a higher rating if this wasn't included. I may have to stop watching if It happens again Expand
  21. Jan 16, 2014
    The most shocking season yet. Some people might bash the way at which the characters keep coming back to life, BUT it is brilliant, because it prevents the main question that everyone's asking from becoming too easy to answer. Who will be the next supreme? Well, it could be anyone, because everyone seems to be brought back from the dead! This season is brilliant, full of death with noThe most shocking season yet. Some people might bash the way at which the characters keep coming back to life, BUT it is brilliant, because it prevents the main question that everyone's asking from becoming too easy to answer. Who will be the next supreme? Well, it could be anyone, because everyone seems to be brought back from the dead! This season is brilliant, full of death with no consequences (which keeps fans of lesser characters happy as well, because their favorites never "really" die off). The story itself is chilling, as usual and the cast is superb. It will be a real shame when Jessica Lange leaves the show after season 4... Expand
  22. Sep 11, 2015
    Every single season it's amazing. Ryan Murphy has done it again, **** amazing.
    This ones brings back Taissa Farmiga, and also enters Kathy Bates and Angela Basset.
    Besides the incredible amazing Oscar worth-it performance by Jessica Lange.
  23. Oct 10, 2013
    American Horror Story delivered yet again with an engrossing premier, already filled with twists and turns, and brimming with immense potential. This season has all the mystery and unsettling imagery you've come to expect from the series, while yet again creating a rich fictional world that is both dementedly fantastic and somehow believable. Part of it's realism no doubt comes from theAmerican Horror Story delivered yet again with an engrossing premier, already filled with twists and turns, and brimming with immense potential. This season has all the mystery and unsettling imagery you've come to expect from the series, while yet again creating a rich fictional world that is both dementedly fantastic and somehow believable. Part of it's realism no doubt comes from the stellar cast, which absolutely kills it every season. Overall I think this was a very strong premier and will likely be a very strong season, as the writers continue to develop already strong characters, and un-apologetically thrust them into unsavory situations. Expand
  24. Oct 22, 2013
    It's campy!

It's campy!

But that isn't bad! To be brief: The show is fun! It's better in storytelling than 90% of the shows currently on. Its clever and twisty narrative is quite engaging for the horror or any kind of fans. The pace is fast, compelling and simply good. The direction is stylish, funny, satirical and cool. The acting is just fine, with Lange, Bates and Bassett being top-notch as ever. I like the witchy, and scandalous Emma Roberts too.

This is the only season I've watched because the others were very disgusting and gory. This was just OK.

It's just fun! Nothing serious...
  25. Nov 19, 2013
    This season is very appealing thanks to the cast and the strong story. Gabourey Sidibe has always been on my watch-list and Jamie Brewer's acting is improving compared to what she showcased on season 1. Taissa Farmiga, Emma Roberts, Jessica Lange, and Denis O'Hare are all doing their jobs well. Frances Conroy and Lily Rabe are indeed two very underrated actresses. And need I say more ofThis season is very appealing thanks to the cast and the strong story. Gabourey Sidibe has always been on my watch-list and Jamie Brewer's acting is improving compared to what she showcased on season 1. Taissa Farmiga, Emma Roberts, Jessica Lange, and Denis O'Hare are all doing their jobs well. Frances Conroy and Lily Rabe are indeed two very underrated actresses. And need I say more of Angela Bassett? She's playing Marie Laveau with a very strong set of skills. The only letdown would be Evan Peters, who is not convincing enough for a resurrected zombie-like. Other than that, the story of this season is very potential and I can say that it's been going on the right lane so far. Oh, and the references to popular culture are, as always, intriguing! This is nothing like a lame-teen-superpower-movie whatsoever. Expand
  26. Oct 9, 2013
    I'm a big fan of this show since the beggining and this season is going to be kickass like the last one and this new cast has is just amazing, i am so glad it's back.
  27. Oct 11, 2013
    The camp factor is still really high, but unlike 'Asylum', 'Coven' has a compelling story to tell. The premiere was the best hour of 'AHS' that I've seen, and most importantly, it left me wanting more.
  28. Nov 15, 2013
    This season of american horror story is really amazing. Once I found out that this season will focus on a story line of witches, I got very excited. I was although curious on how the story will introduce itself. Overall this show has a great story line, the acting is just so amazing, the show has humor, there are things you will never imagine in this show especially this season. Love thisThis season of american horror story is really amazing. Once I found out that this season will focus on a story line of witches, I got very excited. I was although curious on how the story will introduce itself. Overall this show has a great story line, the acting is just so amazing, the show has humor, there are things you will never imagine in this show especially this season. Love this season and can't wait to see what story line there going to make for season 4. My rating: 10/10. Expand
  29. Oct 26, 2013
    Ryan Murphy once again proving he cant go wrong with AHS. I'm obsessed with this one, it has in my opinion the best opening of the series so far. Witches and Monsters, you got me on Ryan Murphy. The cast is fantastic as usual, the creeps, twists, EVERYTHING. Is American Horror Story people this gets better and better. Im a freak I know and I Love American Horror Story Coven NO REGRET.
  30. Oct 10, 2013
    What I like about the the first episode is that it really introduces all the major characters and shows the audiences what to expect throughout the season. Unlike Season 2, it was just all over the place. I really hope there is no ambiguous story line and leaves some unanswered. Jessica Lange, Kathy Bate and Angela Bassett proves why they are the best in the business. Their performancesWhat I like about the the first episode is that it really introduces all the major characters and shows the audiences what to expect throughout the season. Unlike Season 2, it was just all over the place. I really hope there is no ambiguous story line and leaves some unanswered. Jessica Lange, Kathy Bate and Angela Bassett proves why they are the best in the business. Their performances was outstanding, in particular Kathy Bates totally nailed her part. The season is very promising and reminds me a bit of Charmed and Buffy but more in your throat kinda way. Collapse
  31. Feb 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Love, Love this show it manges to capture a dark side of me the first season 7/10 the rest 10/10 the story lines are amazing and the quality of acting is great the current season 3 covers the true story off Mrs Delphine LaLaurie as cruel vile woman who is famous in New Orleans for her torture and cruelty towards slaves and the ancestors of her captives seeking revenge upon her the writer need to keep up the good work i learned a small piece of history watching this, the actors need to stay and continue the amazing job WATCH THIS NOW ! its booth entertaining and intriguing . Expand
  32. Oct 31, 2013
    Ryan Murphy & Brad Falchuk have done it again, he has really done something different and that it really outshines from the rest with a unique cast concept....
  33. Dec 10, 2013
    From the first few minutes, the show hooks you in a web of interest and awe. The characters are wonderfully thought out and the first scene is gruesome and amazing at the same time
  34. Nov 4, 2014
    The third season of American Horror Story is titled "Coven." This season takes place in New Orleans where troubled young girls seek the help of Cordelia Foxx in a witch coven. This season takes on mythology, killers, and even zombies.
    While Coven may be the weakest of the 3 (completed) seasons, its still amazing. As always the acting is brilliant and the storyline is great too. The only problem with this season is that towards the end, it became like a drama instead of a horror show. They needed to stick with what they were doing in the beginning of the season and really make it dark. Otherwise it was an overall, good season.
  35. Nov 19, 2014
    american horror story is an exciting, fun series and misteriosa.acho the series was well developed, of course we can see some errors that is nothing more embarrassing
  36. Oct 8, 2015
    This is the best season so far. The interpretation, the phrases and memes that are used by the public until now, the audience that never fell... I really loved. Only a few script errors in the last few episodes, but I'll forgive. Jessica Lange struck me as he always did, and Sarah Paulson and Kathy Bates, too. Love Taissa Farmiga.
  37. Oct 30, 2015
    Um tema como bruxas tem que ter um certo respeito a crença, falar sobre um estilo de vida ou religião é algo delicado essa temporada mostra que Coven não recebeu um certo cuidado ao falar das bruxas, a serie esta esborrando de clichê, bagunça e principalmente falta de ética. Para as bruxas é uma vergonha ver que tudo que tentamos mostrar o que não somos, é tudo que a midia continua aUm tema como bruxas tem que ter um certo respeito a crença, falar sobre um estilo de vida ou religião é algo delicado essa temporada mostra que Coven não recebeu um certo cuidado ao falar das bruxas, a serie esta esborrando de clichê, bagunça e principalmente falta de ética. Para as bruxas é uma vergonha ver que tudo que tentamos mostrar o que não somos, é tudo que a midia continua a mostrar Expand
  38. Oct 9, 2013
    I think this season has to have one of the best openers so far. Its chilling, gory and just so great. The cast is fantastic, and the opening scene really hooks you in.
  39. Oct 10, 2013
    I've been a fan since the first season and each premiere has been great. Beautifully shot and well acted, as per usual. I'm really excited to see how this season develops!!!
  40. Oct 7, 2015
    Emma Roberts/Chanel is the best thing ever when it comes to this season. Surprise, **** Unfortunately the rest of the season relies heavily on Kathy, Jessica, and Sarah's performances. No one cares about Precious or Zoe. Fiona seems to be heavily based on Madonna's quest for youth & her daughter is like Britney, useless with broken eyes (knees.)
  41. Nov 14, 2013
    I can honestly say that I like this season more than last (season 1 was AMAZING) and I'm looking forward to every episode so that's a good thing, I couldn't get into last season past the first 2 episodes. The whole witch thing overall is getting old because everyone's doing it but this is twisted, of course, which makes it better than your average CW teen show. The acting is always good,I can honestly say that I like this season more than last (season 1 was AMAZING) and I'm looking forward to every episode so that's a good thing, I couldn't get into last season past the first 2 episodes. The whole witch thing overall is getting old because everyone's doing it but this is twisted, of course, which makes it better than your average CW teen show. The acting is always good, Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson MAKE the show IMO. Kathy Bates and Angela B are good additions this season, no complaints with their acting skills. We'll see how it goes. Expand
  42. May 29, 2015
    Way better than first season, but not nearly as good as the secon one. Still quite good, still worth Your time. Especially thanks to Jessica Lange which was just avesome in this one.
  43. Oct 19, 2014
    Just watched the series, it was good. One thing I really liked we getting to see Evan Peters butt, though I wish the banging he was doing was to Taissa Farmiga. But other than that, the story line was very boring. But still good, just hope for the next one "freakshow" to be a little more scarer and better.
  44. Apr 16, 2015
    "American Horror Story: Coven" takes on another kind of horror sub-genre that wasn't seen much in past seasons. No, instead of being a ghostly thriller like "Murder House" and instead of being a frightening gothic horror like "Asylum"- Coven can only be compared to a campy, cheesy, gore-filled slasher.

The acting was great, the soundtrack was great, the sets were great, but, Coven isn't as good as the previous two seasons.

Why?

Because several episodes in; the story takes a turn and jumbles into this big, big, big mess. It kind of feels like the writers had no idea what the plot was, so, they just came up with it as they went a long. Plus, don't get me started on the great actors who were made to play terrible, terrible characters.

Coven isn't that well written, not at all. But, the fun, the humor, the cheap scares, and the blood and guts make up for it!

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 24, 2013
    Despite its cheap shock effects, the show is indulgently ridiculous. [[28 Oct 2013, p.41]
    If the season-three premiere is any indication, although AHS has lost its novelty, it still has that seventies and eighties grindhouse/drive-in/midnight movie feeling.
  3. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Oct 9, 2013
    In the context of other television, American Horror Story is perverse and refreshing, proof that a great show doesn’t have to be self-serious to be smart.