• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 5, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
7.9

1. Oct 9, 2013
    Best series opening of the Autumn thus far, strong cast especially from Lange, who's always been the figurehead of this anthology series strong script, perhaps occasionally over-stylized at parts yet all together I loved it.
  2. Oct 9, 2013
    I'm a big fan of this show since the beggining and this season is going to be kickass like the last one and this new cast has is just amazing, i am so glad it's back.
  3. Oct 11, 2013
    The camp factor is still really high, but unlike 'Asylum', 'Coven' has a compelling story to tell. The premiere was the best hour of 'AHS' that I've seen, and most importantly, it left me wanting more.
  4. Oct 10, 2013
    American Horror Story delivered yet again with an engrossing premier, already filled with twists and turns, and brimming with immense potential. This season has all the mystery and unsettling imagery you've come to expect from the series, while yet again creating a rich fictional world that is both dementedly fantastic and somehow believable. Part of it's realism no doubt comes from the stellar cast, which absolutely kills it every season. Overall I think this was a very strong premier and will likely be a very strong season, as the writers continue to develop already strong characters, and un-apologetically thrust them into unsavory situations. Expand
  5. Oct 9, 2013
    I think this season has to have one of the best openers so far. Its chilling, gory and just so great. The cast is fantastic, and the opening scene really hooks you in.
  6. Nov 15, 2013
    This season of american horror story is really amazing. Once I found out that this season will focus on a story line of witches, I got very excited. I was although curious on how the story will introduce itself. Overall this show has a great story line, the acting is just so amazing, the show has humor, there are things you will never imagine in this show especially this season. Love this season and can't wait to see what story line there going to make for season 4. My rating: 10/10. Expand
  7. Mar 26, 2014
    altra stagione, altro plot...facile quanto riuscito come se non più dei precedenti, anche questa stagione ti droga dal primo episodio grazie a nuovi personaggi in volti più o meno soliti. un serial assolutamente da vedere per gli amanti del thrilling ma non solo.
    voto 9. bello bello ed avanti cosi.
  8. Feb 22, 2014
    Great season, with a perfect combination of horror, splatter, black humor and good scenario. As for the actors, I cannot emphasize enough, the quality of their work. Entertaining and fun for all horror lovers!
  9. Oct 16, 2013
    American Horror Story: Coven is back with a vengeance. Jessica Lang is perfect as always and is of course giving top notch acting. The addition of Cathy Bates, Gabourey Sidibe, and Emma Roberts are all great casting choices, and Kathy is perfect in the role she is given and the youth obsessed slave owner. Sarah Paulson also has a well received, well by me anyways, return to the third series of AHS and is just as good as Asylum in my opinion. Overall, just based on the pilot episode, American Horror story has made a great step forward with Coven, it is more concise and focused then Asylum and is creepier then ever, so far easily 10/10 Expand
  10. Jan 30, 2014
    If not the best "American Horror Story" yet, it is one of the most compelling TV series ever made, and probably one of the best. It is funny, horrifying, disturbing and ver modern & stylish, loved every season, but "Coven" is the best, yet.
  11. Oct 10, 2013
    I've been a fan since the first season and each premiere has been great. Beautifully shot and well acted, as per usual. I'm really excited to see how this season develops!!!
  12. Oct 10, 2013
    What I like about the the first episode is that it really introduces all the major characters and shows the audiences what to expect throughout the season. Unlike Season 2, it was just all over the place. I really hope there is no ambiguous story line and leaves some unanswered. Jessica Lange, Kathy Bate and Angela Bassett proves why they are the best in the business. Their performances was outstanding, in particular Kathy Bates totally nailed her part. The season is very promising and reminds me a bit of Charmed and Buffy but more in your throat kinda way. Collapse
  13. Oct 10, 2013
    I was worried that a third horror story would be a little to farfetched, however, I wasn't expecting any of what I saw. I'm a big fan since its genesis, and this installment looks like its gonna live up to its predecessors. I'm not skeptic to watch this at all. The cast, the story and the location look remarkable. Jessica Lange (as always) and Kathy Bates are just to die for.
  14. Feb 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Love, Love this show it manges to capture a dark side of me the first season 7/10 the rest 10/10 the story lines are amazing and the quality of acting is great the current season 3 covers the true story off Mrs Delphine LaLaurie as cruel vile woman who is famous in New Orleans for her torture and cruelty towards slaves and the ancestors of her captives seeking revenge upon her the writer need to keep up the good work i learned a small piece of history watching this, the actors need to stay and continue the amazing job WATCH THIS NOW ! its booth entertaining and intriguing . Expand
  15. Jan 16, 2014
    The most shocking season yet. Some people might bash the way at which the characters keep coming back to life, BUT it is brilliant, because it prevents the main question that everyone's asking from becoming too easy to answer. Who will be the next supreme? Well, it could be anyone, because everyone seems to be brought back from the dead! This season is brilliant, full of death with no consequences (which keeps fans of lesser characters happy as well, because their favorites never "really" die off). The story itself is chilling, as usual and the cast is superb. It will be a real shame when Jessica Lange leaves the show after season 4... Expand
  16. Oct 31, 2013
    Ryan Murphy & Brad Falchuk have done it again, he has really done something different and that it really outshines from the rest with a unique cast concept....
  17. Oct 31, 2013
    This season is the best so far. The acting is phenomenal. The characters are well rounded, the plot is fun, unique, and scary. When you watch the show, you are in for a very fun ride.
  18. Nov 19, 2013
    This season is very appealing thanks to the cast and the strong story. Gabourey Sidibe has always been on my watch-list and Jamie Brewer's acting is improving compared to what she showcased on season 1. Taissa Farmiga, Emma Roberts, Jessica Lange, and Denis O'Hare are all doing their jobs well. Frances Conroy and Lily Rabe are indeed two very underrated actresses. And need I say more of Angela Bassett? She's playing Marie Laveau with a very strong set of skills. The only letdown would be Evan Peters, who is not convincing enough for a resurrected zombie-like. Other than that, the story of this season is very potential and I can say that it's been going on the right lane so far. Oh, and the references to popular culture are, as always, intriguing! This is nothing like a lame-teen-superpower-movie whatsoever. Expand
  19. Dec 10, 2013
    From the first few minutes, the show hooks you in a web of interest and awe. The characters are wonderfully thought out and the first scene is gruesome and amazing at the same time
  20. Jan 1, 2014
    Dark. Macabre. Eerie. Deep. Weird. Perhaps that'd be the best way to sum up this amazing show. Murder House and Asylum are much better than Coven. Jessica Lange, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe are the grace of this show. I have rarely seen such refined acting and strong story-lines. The show really lives up to it's fame. I just hope that season 4 redeems the show.
    It's a must-watch.
  21. Jan 30, 2014
    Decently thought out, really enjoyed the deeper meaning as they explored the role of women and oppression of minority groups though I do think the oppression could be better fleshed out. I liked the season and am still an avid fan of the show though I definitely think that there's room for improvement

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 24, 2013
    Despite its cheap shock effects, the show is indulgently ridiculous. [[28 Oct 2013, p.41]
    If the season-three premiere is any indication, although AHS has lost its novelty, it still has that seventies and eighties grindhouse/drive-in/midnight movie feeling.
  3. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Oct 9, 2013
    In the context of other television, American Horror Story is perverse and refreshing, proof that a great show doesn’t have to be self-serious to be smart.