American Horror Story : Season 3

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 5, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
7.5

1. Jun 2, 2015
    It is beyond my comprehension how and why something so witty, dark and twisted as the second season got followed by a cheap teenage girl drama. Also, Farmiga and Roberts can't act... at all...
  2. Jan 24, 2014
    This season is insanely boring. At this point who cares who is the supreme? The enemies keep changing, not enough action or scarines, season 2 the pinnacle of this show for me so far. Here's hoping to next season being better. Over it.
  3. Jan 15, 2014
    This season seems to be disjointed and out of focus. Patti Lupone's religious nutt-job character and her son turned out to be complete throw away characters without any ultimate impact on the plot. What a waste. Kathy Bates character - wasted. Gabi's character- wasted. The build up at the winter cliff hanger was good but I still can't see where this season is going or why its going atThis season seems to be disjointed and out of focus. Patti Lupone's religious nutt-job character and her son turned out to be complete throw away characters without any ultimate impact on the plot. What a waste. Kathy Bates character - wasted. Gabi's character- wasted. The build up at the winter cliff hanger was good but I still can't see where this season is going or why its going at all. You can tell they are making it up as they go along. Cordelia was a bad ass with no eyes and then an episode or two later she gets them back and is a wuss once more. So many great actors and actresses in the cast this year and they seemed to go to waste. I would have loved to know more about the mens characters this year- Spalding and Evan were great characters but not really developed. Again i suppose the point is to vanquish the corporation but then why haven't we seen more of them? underdeveloped characters in a great ensemble cast. What a waste. Expand
  4. Jan 1, 2014
    Dark. Macabre. Eerie. Deep. Weird. Perhaps that'd be the best way to sum up this amazing show. Murder House and Asylum are much better than Coven. Jessica Lange, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe are the grace of this show. I have rarely seen such refined acting and strong story-lines. The show really lives up to it's fame. I just hope that season 4 redeems the show.
    It's a must-watch.
  5. Mar 26, 2014
    altra stagione, altro plot...facile quanto riuscito come se non più dei precedenti, anche questa stagione ti droga dal primo episodio grazie a nuovi personaggi in volti più o meno soliti. un serial assolutamente da vedere per gli amanti del thrilling ma non solo.
    voto 9. bello bello ed avanti cosi.
  6. Feb 22, 2014
    Great season, with a perfect combination of horror, splatter, black humor and good scenario. As for the actors, I cannot emphasize enough, the quality of their work. Entertaining and fun for all horror lovers!
  7. Feb 9, 2014
    This season of American Horror Story kept to one plot line much better than previous seasons. Every single thing that happened clearly related to the plot and no event seemed random. That said, there were some unresolved moments and plot holes in the finale. Other than that however between the once again stellar acting and directing season 3 was a great season.
  8. Jan 30, 2014
    If not the best "American Horror Story" yet, it is one of the most compelling TV series ever made, and probably one of the best. It is funny, horrifying, disturbing and ver modern & stylish, loved every season, but "Coven" is the best, yet.
  9. Oct 11, 2014
    Não entendo porquê tantas pessoas não gostam de Coven, claro, há escolhas tomadas de última hora completamente incoerentes, porém, o entretenimento ainda permanece, essa temporada é uma das melhores na minha opinião. O final é totalmente justificável e a vontade de saber o que irá acontecer ainda continua. Coven não é perfeita, mas é totalmente desnecessário detestá-la.
  10. Oct 10, 2013
    I was worried that a third horror story would be a little to farfetched, however, I wasn't expecting any of what I saw. I'm a big fan since its genesis, and this installment looks like its gonna live up to its predecessors. I'm not skeptic to watch this at all. The cast, the story and the location look remarkable. Jessica Lange (as always) and Kathy Bates are just to die for.
  11. Oct 31, 2013
    This season is the best so far. The acting is phenomenal. The characters are well rounded, the plot is fun, unique, and scary. When you watch the show, you are in for a very fun ride.
  12. Jan 30, 2014
    Decently thought out, really enjoyed the deeper meaning as they explored the role of women and oppression of minority groups though I do think the oppression could be better fleshed out. I liked the season and am still an avid fan of the show though I definitely think that there's room for improvement
  13. Apr 19, 2014
    Best season of American Horror Story. The story is great. It's very hard not to get invested in the story and the characters. The acting is great and the special effects are fantastic. However, I didn't like what they did with some of the characters. A few of the characters barely ever spoke. There were some characters like Zoe that played a key role in the beginning of the season, butBest season of American Horror Story. The story is great. It's very hard not to get invested in the story and the characters. The acting is great and the special effects are fantastic. However, I didn't like what they did with some of the characters. A few of the characters barely ever spoke. There were some characters like Zoe that played a key role in the beginning of the season, but become less and less necessary as the season progressed and they're just along for the ride rather than contributing anything to the story as a whole. This is also the least scary of the first 3 seasons, but it is the funniest. Personally, I didn't like the ending. Despite all this, it's a phenomenal series and absolutely worth watching. Expand
  14. Apr 19, 2014
    I am honestly surprised that this is the best critical received season of American Horror Story for one simple reason - its not scary. If you saw this season alone, you would not be amiss to think that it is undeserving of the series title.
    This being said, the season has the strongest overall narrative structure. By this point I believe Ryan Murphy has realized that the past few seasons had been rather predictable and successfully kept me guessing. This is the first season where I didn't guess every major plot point correctly. The general concept of the show revolves around a New Orleans coven of witches and the ascension of a new leader of there's, dubbed a Supreme, and the old Supreme's antics and refusal to give up her power. Unlike other seasons, the story comes across more like a political drama than an outright horror story.
    The acting is the strongest is has been throughout the entire seasons. Though it is criminal that Zachary Quinto did not return this season, the cast nailed it. Taissa Farmiga gave a much better performance than in the first season, along with Jamie Brewer. Sarah Paulson, Frances Conroy, Evan Peters, Lily Rabe, Denis O'Hare, and especially Jessica Lange deliver some of their best performances on the program. Other new cast members such as Emma Roberts, Angella Bassett, and the fantastic Kathy Bates deliver stellar performances, with Bates stealing the show.
    All this goes to create a fantastic product that just isn't scary. For me, this is not a large deal, but it may completely ruin it for some people, including a friend of mine. This season seems to have a large love/hate relationship, but I believe that if people manage their expectations and don't expect a 'horror story' this season, it is greatly enjoyable.
  15. Oct 26, 2014
    exelente serie meressia o emmy de melhor serie porem teve alguns fatos esquesidos mas n enterfiriu exelentes atrizes como Sarah Emma Jessica Taissa Farmiga e Lily Rabe
  16. Jan 11, 2016
    Stylish, full of memorable characters, and an engaging plot make Coven the best American Horror Story season yet. Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson continue to impress while newcomers Gabourey Sidibe and Emma Roberts make welcome additions to the cast.
  17. Dec 21, 2015
    That's what I was talking about. Horror and drama at the right dose, that's what American Horror Story is. Iconic. It is, for me, the best season of American Horror Story.
  18. Sep 15, 2016
    Clever, stylish, and filled with unsettling imagery, American Horror Story: Coven changes things up a bit from the first two installments. And in a good way! With continually exquisite performances from it's tremendous cast, and very strange and outlandish storylines, the season is a very fun ride, while also delving into more serious issues including race, acceptance, and aging/clingingClever, stylish, and filled with unsettling imagery, American Horror Story: Coven changes things up a bit from the first two installments. And in a good way! With continually exquisite performances from it's tremendous cast, and very strange and outlandish storylines, the season is a very fun ride, while also delving into more serious issues including race, acceptance, and aging/clinging to youth.
    While the story may become somewhat muddled mid-run, I easily overlook it, as it is well worth sticking with just to see Lange, Bates, Bassett, and Paulson share the screen!
  19. May 16, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. AHS: Coven é uma temporada excelente, pena que os fãs a detestam tanto. Teve alguns vários erros? Teve. Mas isso não tira o brilho da própria. Abordando o tema bruxas na atualidade, a atuação do elenco ficou impecável, a fotografia e os cenários também. A história dos caçadores de bruxas e do Minotauro poderiam ser mais bem aproveitadas, mas a história em si me encantou. Só dou um recado pro Ryan: na próxima vez, vê se para de dar esse piti de morre-ressuscita, porque não dá não. Expand
  20. Aug 10, 2016
    A great season that great story great charters

Episodes
    Protect the Coven 7/10 good
    Go to Hell 7/10 good
    The Seven Wonders 6/10 okay
  21. Jan 26, 2014
    Man, after an amazing first season this show just keeps going downhill and season 3 takes that to a whole new level. This season doesn't even feel like American Horror Story, I heard it was going to be a little different but holy s***. Most people I know turned it down after the first episodes, (witches with superpowers and cliche high school personalities) me being hopeful decided toMan, after an amazing first season this show just keeps going downhill and season 3 takes that to a whole new level. This season doesn't even feel like American Horror Story, I heard it was going to be a little different but holy s***. Most people I know turned it down after the first episodes, (witches with superpowers and cliche high school personalities) me being hopeful decided to stick around but it only gets worse with each episode. I seriously don't know what the writers were thinking, it seems as if they got bored with their own plot and decided to spice things by adding/changing last minute stuff making everything else pointless.
    In short, the characters are unappealing, the story is a ridiculous mess, and overall not that interesting.
  22. Nov 21, 2013
    So far this season functions as a teenage girl drama. The plot is unfocused and sloppy and the dialogue is mediocre. The main problem is that this largely lacks the horror element.
  23. Jan 19, 2014
    It seems like maybe my demographic (young male) is being purposefully ignored in the writing of this season. I'm trying to watch it but there's just too much drama and not enough real tension.
  24. Jan 30, 2014
    Well...I have to say that season 3 of American Horror Story was corny as hell and the biggest piece of crap in comparison to the last two seasons. I sat through this entire season just hoping that at some point it would turn around, but it just got worse and worse and worse. The story started off promising, but turned out to be an epic failure. It seemed like eventually all I was watchingWell...I have to say that season 3 of American Horror Story was corny as hell and the biggest piece of crap in comparison to the last two seasons. I sat through this entire season just hoping that at some point it would turn around, but it just got worse and worse and worse. The story started off promising, but turned out to be an epic failure. It seemed like eventually all I was watching was a repeat episode of a bunch of teenybopper whinny **** constantly fighting and arguing over who was going to be the next "supreme." I'm not sure why they even bothered putting Evan Peters in this one. I'm not sure why Jamie Brewer can't ever make it an entire season, especially since she was one of the few likable characters in this season. They took the Stevie Nix thing waaaay too far, and even the damn background music lacked in depth. All they ever played was this little girl La La La La **** in the background non-stop. Jeez, not only did they get lazy with developing a decent story, but they even got lazy with the film score too! It's like they straight up didn't give a damn with this one. Oh well...Good riddance is all I can say. I certainly hope the next season helps to redeem the series, and helps me to forget about this lame-ass bloody tampon of a season. Expand
  25. Oct 9, 2013
    Best series opening of the Autumn thus far, strong cast especially from Lange, who's always been the figurehead of this anthology series strong script, perhaps occasionally over-stylized at parts yet all together I loved it.
  26. Oct 19, 2013
    I LOVED season one, the whole haunted house vibe, the family dynamic. But like most shows, they are written as they go and season two was all over the place, nazi’s, aliens, mutants, demons…
    Now season three, well I made it thru two episodes and realized it’s not for me and most male audiences. Can’t wait for season four, and please new cast! Jessica Lange was brilliant in the first season, now she’s playing the same role with a different character on each season.
  27. Jan 14, 2014
    Rating this season higher than the previous two is an act of madness ! I hated from the first time the notice that Taissa Farmiga would be return in the cast; i think she's the worst actress in the USA ( at least ).
    AHS is become a teen-drama, not a horror, and low-level series full of nasty, blood and rough things. I mean, it has to be in some way like this, with withces and their macabre rituals, but Taissa Farmiga change the nature of the series into a low-teen-drama-trouble-heart-series.
    This season ? Failed.
  28. Oct 16, 2013
    American Horror Story: Coven is back with a vengeance. Jessica Lang is perfect as always and is of course giving top notch acting. The addition of Cathy Bates, Gabourey Sidibe, and Emma Roberts are all great casting choices, and Kathy is perfect in the role she is given and the youth obsessed slave owner. Sarah Paulson also has a well received, well by me anyways, return to the thirdAmerican Horror Story: Coven is back with a vengeance. Jessica Lang is perfect as always and is of course giving top notch acting. The addition of Cathy Bates, Gabourey Sidibe, and Emma Roberts are all great casting choices, and Kathy is perfect in the role she is given and the youth obsessed slave owner. Sarah Paulson also has a well received, well by me anyways, return to the third series of AHS and is just as good as Asylum in my opinion. Overall, just based on the pilot episode, American Horror story has made a great step forward with Coven, it is more concise and focused then Asylum and is creepier then ever, so far easily 10/10 Expand
  29. Oct 19, 2013
    Loved this show in the past. This season is a little different. The story once again is unique, cleverly written and excellently executed. The acting is better than ever. But in my eyes, sexual violence is nothing that should ever be shown in any form of entertainment. Any story can always find an alternative route besides using that. Would have been a higher rating if this wasn'tLoved this show in the past. This season is a little different. The story once again is unique, cleverly written and excellently executed. The acting is better than ever. But in my eyes, sexual violence is nothing that should ever be shown in any form of entertainment. Any story can always find an alternative route besides using that. Would have been a higher rating if this wasn't included. I may have to stop watching if It happens again Expand

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 24, 2013
    Despite its cheap shock effects, the show is indulgently ridiculous. [[28 Oct 2013, p.41]
    If the season-three premiere is any indication, although AHS has lost its novelty, it still has that seventies and eighties grindhouse/drive-in/midnight movie feeling.
  3. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Oct 9, 2013
    In the context of other television, American Horror Story is perverse and refreshing, proof that a great show doesn’t have to be self-serious to be smart.