American Horror Story : Season 3

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 5, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
7.5

1. Jan 1, 2014
    Dark. Macabre. Eerie. Deep. Weird. Perhaps that'd be the best way to sum up this amazing show. Murder House and Asylum are much better than Coven. Jessica Lange, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe are the grace of this show. I have rarely seen such refined acting and strong story-lines. The show really lives up to it's fame. I just hope that season 4 redeems the show.
    It's a must-watch.
  2. Mar 26, 2014
    altra stagione, altro plot...facile quanto riuscito come se non più dei precedenti, anche questa stagione ti droga dal primo episodio grazie a nuovi personaggi in volti più o meno soliti. un serial assolutamente da vedere per gli amanti del thrilling ma non solo.
    voto 9. bello bello ed avanti cosi.
  3. Feb 22, 2014
    Great season, with a perfect combination of horror, splatter, black humor and good scenario. As for the actors, I cannot emphasize enough, the quality of their work. Entertaining and fun for all horror lovers!
  4. Feb 9, 2014
    This season of American Horror Story kept to one plot line much better than previous seasons. Every single thing that happened clearly related to the plot and no event seemed random. That said, there were some unresolved moments and plot holes in the finale. Other than that however between the once again stellar acting and directing season 3 was a great season.
  5. Jan 30, 2014
    If not the best "American Horror Story" yet, it is one of the most compelling TV series ever made, and probably one of the best. It is funny, horrifying, disturbing and ver modern & stylish, loved every season, but "Coven" is the best, yet.
  6. Oct 11, 2014
    Não entendo porquê tantas pessoas não gostam de Coven, claro, há escolhas tomadas de última hora completamente incoerentes, porém, o entretenimento ainda permanece, essa temporada é uma das melhores na minha opinião. O final é totalmente justificável e a vontade de saber o que irá acontecer ainda continua. Coven não é perfeita, mas é totalmente desnecessário detestá-la.
  7. Oct 10, 2013
    I was worried that a third horror story would be a little to farfetched, however, I wasn't expecting any of what I saw. I'm a big fan since its genesis, and this installment looks like its gonna live up to its predecessors. I'm not skeptic to watch this at all. The cast, the story and the location look remarkable. Jessica Lange (as always) and Kathy Bates are just to die for.
  8. Oct 31, 2013
    This season is the best so far. The acting is phenomenal. The characters are well rounded, the plot is fun, unique, and scary. When you watch the show, you are in for a very fun ride.
  9. Jan 30, 2014
    Decently thought out, really enjoyed the deeper meaning as they explored the role of women and oppression of minority groups though I do think the oppression could be better fleshed out. I liked the season and am still an avid fan of the show though I definitely think that there's room for improvement
  10. Apr 19, 2014
    Best season of American Horror Story. The story is great. It's very hard not to get invested in the story and the characters. The acting is great and the special effects are fantastic. However, I didn't like what they did with some of the characters. A few of the characters barely ever spoke. There were some characters like Zoe that played a key role in the beginning of the season, butBest season of American Horror Story. The story is great. It's very hard not to get invested in the story and the characters. The acting is great and the special effects are fantastic. However, I didn't like what they did with some of the characters. A few of the characters barely ever spoke. There were some characters like Zoe that played a key role in the beginning of the season, but become less and less necessary as the season progressed and they're just along for the ride rather than contributing anything to the story as a whole. This is also the least scary of the first 3 seasons, but it is the funniest. Personally, I didn't like the ending. Despite all this, it's a phenomenal series and absolutely worth watching. Expand
  11. Apr 19, 2014
    I am honestly surprised that this is the best critical received season of American Horror Story for one simple reason - its not scary. If you saw this season alone, you would not be amiss to think that it is undeserving of the series title.
    This being said, the season has the strongest overall narrative structure. By this point I believe Ryan Murphy has realized that the past few seasons had been rather predictable and successfully kept me guessing. This is the first season where I didn't guess every major plot point correctly. The general concept of the show revolves around a New Orleans coven of witches and the ascension of a new leader of there's, dubbed a Supreme, and the old Supreme's antics and refusal to give up her power. Unlike other seasons, the story comes across more like a political drama than an outright horror story.
    The acting is the strongest is has been throughout the entire seasons. Though it is criminal that Zachary Quinto did not return this season, the cast nailed it. Taissa Farmiga gave a much better performance than in the first season, along with Jamie Brewer. Sarah Paulson, Frances Conroy, Evan Peters, Lily Rabe, Denis O'Hare, and especially Jessica Lange deliver some of their best performances on the program. Other new cast members such as Emma Roberts, Angella Bassett, and the fantastic Kathy Bates deliver stellar performances, with Bates stealing the show.
    All this goes to create a fantastic product that just isn't scary. For me, this is not a large deal, but it may completely ruin it for some people, including a friend of mine. This season seems to have a large love/hate relationship, but I believe that if people manage their expectations and don't expect a 'horror story' this season, it is greatly enjoyable.
  12. Oct 26, 2014
    exelente serie meressia o emmy de melhor serie porem teve alguns fatos esquesidos mas n enterfiriu exelentes atrizes como Sarah Emma Jessica Taissa Farmiga e Lily Rabe
  13. Jan 11, 2016
    Stylish, full of memorable characters, and an engaging plot make Coven the best American Horror Story season yet. Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson continue to impress while newcomers Gabourey Sidibe and Emma Roberts make welcome additions to the cast.
  14. Dec 21, 2015
    That's what I was talking about. Horror and drama at the right dose, that's what American Horror Story is. Iconic. It is, for me, the best season of American Horror Story.
  15. Sep 15, 2016
    Clever, stylish, and filled with unsettling imagery, American Horror Story: Coven changes things up a bit from the first two installments. And in a good way! With continually exquisite performances from it's tremendous cast, and very strange and outlandish storylines, the season is a very fun ride, while also delving into more serious issues including race, acceptance, and aging/clingingClever, stylish, and filled with unsettling imagery, American Horror Story: Coven changes things up a bit from the first two installments. And in a good way! With continually exquisite performances from it's tremendous cast, and very strange and outlandish storylines, the season is a very fun ride, while also delving into more serious issues including race, acceptance, and aging/clinging to youth.
    While the story may become somewhat muddled mid-run, I easily overlook it, as it is well worth sticking with just to see Lange, Bates, Bassett, and Paulson share the screen!
  16. May 16, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. AHS: Coven é uma temporada excelente, pena que os fãs a detestam tanto. Teve alguns vários erros? Teve. Mas isso não tira o brilho da própria. Abordando o tema bruxas na atualidade, a atuação do elenco ficou impecável, a fotografia e os cenários também. A história dos caçadores de bruxas e do Minotauro poderiam ser mais bem aproveitadas, mas a história em si me encantou. Só dou um recado pro Ryan: na próxima vez, vê se para de dar esse piti de morre-ressuscita, porque não dá não. Expand
  17. Aug 10, 2016
    A great season that great story great charters

Episodes
    Protect the Coven 7/10 good
    Go to Hell 7/10 good
    The Seven Wonders 6/10 okay
  18. Oct 9, 2013
    Best series opening of the Autumn thus far, strong cast especially from Lange, who's always been the figurehead of this anthology series strong script, perhaps occasionally over-stylized at parts yet all together I loved it.
  19. Oct 16, 2013
    American Horror Story: Coven is back with a vengeance. Jessica Lang is perfect as always and is of course giving top notch acting. The addition of Cathy Bates, Gabourey Sidibe, and Emma Roberts are all great casting choices, and Kathy is perfect in the role she is given and the youth obsessed slave owner. Sarah Paulson also has a well received, well by me anyways, return to the thirdAmerican Horror Story: Coven is back with a vengeance. Jessica Lang is perfect as always and is of course giving top notch acting. The addition of Cathy Bates, Gabourey Sidibe, and Emma Roberts are all great casting choices, and Kathy is perfect in the role she is given and the youth obsessed slave owner. Sarah Paulson also has a well received, well by me anyways, return to the third series of AHS and is just as good as Asylum in my opinion. Overall, just based on the pilot episode, American Horror story has made a great step forward with Coven, it is more concise and focused then Asylum and is creepier then ever, so far easily 10/10 Expand
  20. Oct 19, 2013
    Loved this show in the past. This season is a little different. The story once again is unique, cleverly written and excellently executed. The acting is better than ever. But in my eyes, sexual violence is nothing that should ever be shown in any form of entertainment. Any story can always find an alternative route besides using that. Would have been a higher rating if this wasn'tLoved this show in the past. This season is a little different. The story once again is unique, cleverly written and excellently executed. The acting is better than ever. But in my eyes, sexual violence is nothing that should ever be shown in any form of entertainment. Any story can always find an alternative route besides using that. Would have been a higher rating if this wasn't included. I may have to stop watching if It happens again Expand
  21. Jan 16, 2014
    The most shocking season yet. Some people might bash the way at which the characters keep coming back to life, BUT it is brilliant, because it prevents the main question that everyone's asking from becoming too easy to answer. Who will be the next supreme? Well, it could be anyone, because everyone seems to be brought back from the dead! This season is brilliant, full of death with noThe most shocking season yet. Some people might bash the way at which the characters keep coming back to life, BUT it is brilliant, because it prevents the main question that everyone's asking from becoming too easy to answer. Who will be the next supreme? Well, it could be anyone, because everyone seems to be brought back from the dead! This season is brilliant, full of death with no consequences (which keeps fans of lesser characters happy as well, because their favorites never "really" die off). The story itself is chilling, as usual and the cast is superb. It will be a real shame when Jessica Lange leaves the show after season 4... Expand
  22. Sep 11, 2015
    Every single season it's amazing. Ryan Murphy has done it again, **** amazing.
    This ones brings back Taissa Farmiga, and also enters Kathy Bates and Angela Basset.
    Besides the incredible amazing Oscar worth-it performance by Jessica Lange.
  23. Oct 10, 2013
    American Horror Story delivered yet again with an engrossing premier, already filled with twists and turns, and brimming with immense potential. This season has all the mystery and unsettling imagery you've come to expect from the series, while yet again creating a rich fictional world that is both dementedly fantastic and somehow believable. Part of it's realism no doubt comes from theAmerican Horror Story delivered yet again with an engrossing premier, already filled with twists and turns, and brimming with immense potential. This season has all the mystery and unsettling imagery you've come to expect from the series, while yet again creating a rich fictional world that is both dementedly fantastic and somehow believable. Part of it's realism no doubt comes from the stellar cast, which absolutely kills it every season. Overall I think this was a very strong premier and will likely be a very strong season, as the writers continue to develop already strong characters, and un-apologetically thrust them into unsavory situations. Expand
  24. Oct 22, 2013
    It's campy!

It's campy!

But that isn't bad! To be brief: The show is fun! It's better in storytelling than 90% of the shows currently on. Its clever and twisty narrative is quite engaging for the horror or any kind of fans. The pace is fast, compelling and simply good. The direction is stylish, funny, satirical and cool. The acting is just fine, with Lange, Bates and Bassett being top-notch as ever. I like the witchy, and scandalous Emma Roberts too.

This is the only season I've watched because the others were very disgusting and gory. This was just OK.

It's just fun! Nothing serious...
  25. Nov 19, 2013
    This season is very appealing thanks to the cast and the strong story. Gabourey Sidibe has always been on my watch-list and Jamie Brewer's acting is improving compared to what she showcased on season 1. Taissa Farmiga, Emma Roberts, Jessica Lange, and Denis O'Hare are all doing their jobs well. Frances Conroy and Lily Rabe are indeed two very underrated actresses. And need I say more ofThis season is very appealing thanks to the cast and the strong story. Gabourey Sidibe has always been on my watch-list and Jamie Brewer's acting is improving compared to what she showcased on season 1. Taissa Farmiga, Emma Roberts, Jessica Lange, and Denis O'Hare are all doing their jobs well. Frances Conroy and Lily Rabe are indeed two very underrated actresses. And need I say more of Angela Bassett? She's playing Marie Laveau with a very strong set of skills. The only letdown would be Evan Peters, who is not convincing enough for a resurrected zombie-like. Other than that, the story of this season is very potential and I can say that it's been going on the right lane so far. Oh, and the references to popular culture are, as always, intriguing! This is nothing like a lame-teen-superpower-movie whatsoever. Expand
  26. Oct 9, 2013
    I'm a big fan of this show since the beggining and this season is going to be kickass like the last one and this new cast has is just amazing, i am so glad it's back.
  27. Oct 11, 2013
    The camp factor is still really high, but unlike 'Asylum', 'Coven' has a compelling story to tell. The premiere was the best hour of 'AHS' that I've seen, and most importantly, it left me wanting more.
  28. Nov 15, 2013
    This season of american horror story is really amazing. Once I found out that this season will focus on a story line of witches, I got very excited. I was although curious on how the story will introduce itself. Overall this show has a great story line, the acting is just so amazing, the show has humor, there are things you will never imagine in this show especially this season. Love thisThis season of american horror story is really amazing. Once I found out that this season will focus on a story line of witches, I got very excited. I was although curious on how the story will introduce itself. Overall this show has a great story line, the acting is just so amazing, the show has humor, there are things you will never imagine in this show especially this season. Love this season and can't wait to see what story line there going to make for season 4. My rating: 10/10. Expand
  29. Oct 26, 2013
    Ryan Murphy once again proving he cant go wrong with AHS. I'm obsessed with this one, it has in my opinion the best opening of the series so far. Witches and Monsters, you got me on Ryan Murphy. The cast is fantastic as usual, the creeps, twists, EVERYTHING. Is American Horror Story people this gets better and better. Im a freak I know and I Love American Horror Story Coven NO REGRET.

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 24, 2013
    Despite its cheap shock effects, the show is indulgently ridiculous. [[28 Oct 2013, p.41]
    If the season-three premiere is any indication, although AHS has lost its novelty, it still has that seventies and eighties grindhouse/drive-in/midnight movie feeling.
  3. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Oct 9, 2013
    In the context of other television, American Horror Story is perverse and refreshing, proof that a great show doesn’t have to be self-serious to be smart.