American Idol : Season 10

• Series Premiere Date: Jun 11, 2002
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
4.2

1. Apr 17, 2011
    The show definitely misses Simon from the judging side. However the talent this year is amazing. The new format where the finalists get help with song selection, costumes and staging makes for a much better presentation. The judging is not as interesting without Simon but the show is actually better.
  2. Feb 7, 2011
    I definitely did not expect the new judges to work as well as they have. JLo and Tyler are both surprisingly down to earth and extremely likable. It is also clear that the Idol producers have steered clear of train wreck TV, compare to in the past, and is concentrating on showcasing talent through the auditioning process.
  3. Apr 18, 2012
    I was really impressed with the talent shone on the show. The chemistry of the judges were great and natural, I just wished that the judges were harder in their critiques for the contestants. Those critiques will certainly help the contestants. For me, it still lacks the spark that the first seasons of American Idol have. But still, I'm very impressed with the whole setup of the show, fromI was really impressed with the talent shone on the show. The chemistry of the judges were great and natural, I just wished that the judges were harder in their critiques for the contestants. Those critiques will certainly help the contestants. For me, it still lacks the spark that the first seasons of American Idol have. But still, I'm very impressed with the whole setup of the show, from auditions to the finale and I'm looking forward to its future seasons. Expand
  4. Dec 11, 2011
    The best season of the show to date. Despite the constantly incompetent judges, the absence of Simon, and the mediocre final 2, the talent for Season 10 was off the charts. In spite of the powers that be trying to hold her down at nearly every opportunity, Haley Reinhart shined as the star of the season, outperforming her competitors at nearly every turn. Her close friend and sixth-placeThe best season of the show to date. Despite the constantly incompetent judges, the absence of Simon, and the mediocre final 2, the talent for Season 10 was off the charts. In spite of the powers that be trying to hold her down at nearly every opportunity, Haley Reinhart shined as the star of the season, outperforming her competitors at nearly every turn. Her close friend and sixth-place finisher Casey Abrams was also one of the highlights. With 39 episodes in total, Season 10 was a great season for talent and overall entertainment. Expand
  5. Feb 13, 2013
    Season 10 was the first one I watched (Season 11 was the last). A friend told me Steven was hilarious in the show, so one day I had nothing to do and saw that it was on TV and watched it. It was surprisingly fun, not only Steven but JLo and Randy were very entertaining as well. Talent-wise, I was also surprised, with James Durbin Jacob Lusk, Casey Abrams, Pia Toscano and Haley Reinhart. ISeason 10 was the first one I watched (Season 11 was the last). A friend told me Steven was hilarious in the show, so one day I had nothing to do and saw that it was on TV and watched it. It was surprisingly fun, not only Steven but JLo and Randy were very entertaining as well. Talent-wise, I was also surprised, with James Durbin Jacob Lusk, Casey Abrams, Pia Toscano and Haley Reinhart. I felt Steven got a little burned out at the end of the season, and thought judges gave unfair criticism to Haley a couple of times despite killer performances. It's also unfortunate that none of those even reached the finals. To be honest I had to force myself to watch the finals. Overall, it was a pretty good season. Expand

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Feb 9, 2011
    We'll see how season 10 holds up once the chosen contestants move on to Hollywood, but for now Idol remains firmly on its pedestal. [14 Feb 2011, p.39]
  2. Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Jan 20, 2011
    Tyler, Lopez, and Randy Jackson showed some promise last night, for a few reasons. First of all, Idol works better with three judges than four. You could already feel a warm triangular bond developing between Jackson, Tyler, and Lopez.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Jan 20, 2011
    [Steven Tyler] may be all talk, the initial good cheer may wear thin and we may be begging to be slapped around by Cowell in a few weeks, but for now it's just nice to have judges who aren't learning how to be stars themselves. Which means that this year, maybe the show can be about finding a real American idol.