American Inventor : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
5.1

1. CCunningham
    Mar 20, 2006
    In a word, boring. I tuned in hoping to see some really cool, whacked out inventions. Heck, I would have been happy with the next Flobee or spray-on hair. But no such luck. Do yourself a favor and take a pass.
  2. MattC
    Jun 9, 2007
    I have a hard time trying to watch this show. I understand that these judges are entrepreneurs but they seem to laugh at every unworthy invention. Many of the early inventions that come through are brilliant in my opinion but they still laugh at them because they don't fully understand them. In my eyes, it only makes them look like jerks and it drags the show around tremendously. I have a hard time trying to watch this show. I understand that these judges are entrepreneurs but they seem to laugh at every unworthy invention. Many of the early inventions that come through are brilliant in my opinion but they still laugh at them because they don't fully understand them. In my eyes, it only makes them look like jerks and it drags the show around tremendously. This is the reason I dislike this show and It's likely that I'll never watch a full season. I would also like to say that George Foreman is the most brilliant judge out of the 4 of them because he understands most of the inventions. While the others laugh at the less worthy inventions for whatever reason George Foreman does not. He walks children out to their parents and he seems like a caring individual. I understand that they can only let so many inventors into the competition but it seems silly to laugh and grief the ones they don't accept. Expand
  3. PatM
    Mar 31, 2006
    I really think this show had such great potential. I love seeing new creative inventions. Unfortunately, this show is more about sappy stories from people with BAD inventions!! The last episode a woman had a paper bed and they put her through? I'm totally serious about that one. The truly awesome inventions I have seen thus far were basically given a 2 second spot, maybe so that they I really think this show had such great potential. I love seeing new creative inventions. Unfortunately, this show is more about sappy stories from people with BAD inventions!! The last episode a woman had a paper bed and they put her through? I'm totally serious about that one. The truly awesome inventions I have seen thus far were basically given a 2 second spot, maybe so that they would look fresh in round 2 of this bore fest. It's sad these people have had tough lives but you can't bring in a piece of garbage and call it an invention! There is no use for a paper bed...its already been freaking invented by hospitals. and by paper companies...GAWD this show so infuriates me! It could have been really freaking cool. For shame. Expand
  4. Michael
    Mar 17, 2006
    Stinker. Play off of "American Idol." Unimaginably useless.
    Mar 17, 2006
    I will never watch this show again. No time spent on seeing the inventions. All the time spent on people crying and whining. Please! Enough of the emotional drama already. Let's see some friggin' inventions. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
  6. teresac
    Mar 18, 2006
    It was awful! I took it off my DVR record list immediately!!! Not worth the air time!
  7. maryk
    Apr 13, 2006
    this is a insult to real american inventors and i think more adults would buy more tooth flooser's than bike's for two give the guy an other go and who needs a bathroom door clip is there that many broken doors again i saw give the tooth flose an other try my dad was a true inventor.

1. How un-innovative is this series about innovation? Let me count the ways.
    The results suggest that everyone involved looked at American Idol too closely. And this time around, everyone is startlingly off-key.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    At almost every level, "American Inventor" is over-produced.