2.7

1. Jan 4, 2013
    Is the show a real portrayal about the Amish Mafia? Doubtful. Does this show prove there's an actual Amish Mafia? Also doubtful. What this show does is prove that even the most ridiculous of circumstances can be funny and entertaining. This show's entertaining without having to be a reality TV show. This could be an excellent scripted TV show on a network like AMC or HBO or Showtime. To make this a 'real' thing is stupid. No one believes the Pennsylvania Dutch Amish are housing known heathen in their ranks, no matter the circumstances. The show IS entertaining and at times funny. But to play this as a 'real' thing is silly. No one believes their is an Amish Mafia and even if there was one, no one would believe it exists. Expand
  2. Mar 10, 2013
    This show is absolutely fake, and a disgrace to real Amish people. Amish mafia? They collect protection money, sell beer, hold parties, have guns and expensive cars, have tattoos, beat up people and above all they show their criminal activities to the television? This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Some reviewer wrote it is great entertainment...Well it is not.
  3. Mar 27, 2013
    I Didn't like the kardashians either, but at least they are like the show dynasty compared to this despicable exercise in the violence, torture and humilation of the amish community, Lebanon Levi and the rest of them are so fake and shameful it makes me sick, they should never drive automobiles and other stuff, how in the hell did discovery channel cancel american chopper for this disgusting trash saddens me, it's a disgusting, mean spirited and hateful, what's next amish car customs with ryan friedlinghaus customizing amish wagons, I Mean you have got to be kidding, I Thought here comes honey boo was the worst thing I've seen in my life, this is even worse.

This is not only a disgrace to the amish, but also to gangsters, I Wish carfellas would just wack these fake amish losers, which they should have.

In the Universe of bad tv shows, amish mafia is a towering acheivement.
  4. Jul 30, 2013
    I just had to rate on this.. IMO the show is terrible, because amish don't drive vehicles, amish don't get involved with ANY violence once so ever.. If you DO get involved then your automatically shunned witch makes you no longer a part of amish. I like the show, watch it every now and then but its not right, makes no sense and is just not right to the amish.. Amish never get filmed, never want filmed so that makes this show a FRAUD... Nothing more than fraudulent material. Expand
  5. Dec 22, 2012
    Silly. Cheesy. Disrespectful. Just a few words that come to mind. Totally unbelievable, low budget re-enactment scenes pieced together and portrayed by what seems to be fresh outta film school kids with a Soprano's complex. It reminds me of my childhood when we had a gang of 10 year old kids hanging out in a neighborhood tree fort, homemade ninja outfits and riding around on bikes trying to act like a bunch of Bruce Lee's with homemade nunchaku's LOL... honestly, that would be more believable than this trash TV. I mean come on, if you're going to have a show about gangland mafia bad asses, at least have ONE character who can pass the exam! It's just silly. Very bad acting, unbelievable storyline and an insult to the Pennsylvania Amish community. Expand
  6. Dec 28, 2012
    What funny little show this is. NOT. What are these critics watching and thinking that makes them give it a high rating!? Crazy. I'm gonna call BULLSH*T on this one. Either they work for the show or are get kickbacks from the network. Pathetic.
  7. Jan 1, 2013
    The title says it all. It's easy to see that reality television has hit rock bottom once a show about "Amish Mafia" takes up space on cable programming. The whole concept of the show is completely ridiculous as well as the execution. For example, what kind of Amish people drive cars and start fight clubs? Wouldn't you cease to be Amish after doing either of those things? Every logically inconsistent episode feels cheesy, forced, and amateurish. The "actors" on this show make the guys on Pawn Stars look like they might have a chance at winning an Oscar. The cinematography feels low budget and lame. I wish I had something positive to say about this show but every aspect is unsalvageable. When it comes to movies and tv shows, I tend to be understanding towards shows if they at least start with a good concept or idea, even if they fail miserably. "Amish Mafia" simply was a brainless idea from the get go. Expand
  8. Jan 5, 2013
    This show is about a bunch of wannabe gangsters that are nothing in the real world or should i say English world. Everything they do is petty **** they think they are bad asses when carrying a shotgun and shooting a windshield of a car instead of confronting the person or using the law for the hit and run. This is a pitiful show.
    BREAKING AMISH is more real, i enjoyed that and i learned.

I bet they would of not stopped that carriage if he was alone. This is my real opinion, stop the bull**** and come to NEW York and we will show you what a real Mafia is, This is like watching a hollywood movie
  9. Jan 19, 2013
    This is one of those fake made up shows we can expect from time to time. They say its baised on actual events, but I question who/where they are getting there stories from. Bad acting, bad stories will leave you reaching for the remote.
  10. Mar 2, 2013
    Complete, fake, garbage. Discovery should be ashamed of this. What are we teaching our kids? Discovery used to have better content.

Discovery has failed to uphold values:

"To satisfy curiosity and make a difference in people's lives by providing the highest quality content, services and products that entertain, engage and enlighten." http://corporate.discovery.com/leadership/
  11. Jan 26, 2014
    Good god this show is terrible. When did discovery start pumping out **** trash like this? It has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever watched. Very disappointed in discovery, didn't think they would sink this low, I think they owe us an apology and more good shows like planet earth (which is made by the bbc). In conclusion: FLAT OUT WORST SHOW EVER ON DISCOVERY CHANNEL. Ill even watch stupid **** about aliens if it means I don't have to watch this garbage. Expand
  12. Sep 21, 2013
    Amish Mafia isn't the right title for this show.
    Kindergarten Mafia, Kiddy Mafia, Children's Playground Mafia, Whiner Mafia.
    First of all it's so obviously fake like most "reality" shows, but also if those guys would show up at my doorstep i'd ask my niece to come kick their ass because i'm afraid i'd hurt them to much if i did it myself.
  13. Jun 23, 2014
    Terrible, 100 percent fake, and insulting to a religion, that fortunately does not watch tv. Discovery has sunk to the bottom of the network barrel. I remember the sic fi channel ran a fake documentary when the Blair witch project was coming out, this is worse, and less factual.

1. Reviewed by: Allison Keene
    Dec 11, 2012
    If the purpose of the series is to explore a sub-culture lifestyle foreign to most Americans, Discovery's quasi-documentary approach (with educational explanations about Amish community structure, at least in the first episode) does a fair job of covering that. But Hot Snakes Media, who produced the series--and also helmed the controversial Breaking Amish--can't seem to help themselves in adding a kind of "...gone wild!" tag to the end of the endeavor, obliterating anything that feels informational.
  2. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Dec 11, 2012
    Reality TV doesn't get much cheaper or crasser than this, and just to clinch its rock-bottom status, the show fills out its picture of rural menace by momentarily citing the 2006 mass shooting at a Lancaster County Amish school.
  3. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Dec 11, 2012
    Even if Amish Mafia may evoke for some viewers the popular and somewhat discredited "Breaking Amish," the show has a running undercurrent that feels interesting and credible.