• Network: NBC

Mar 29, 2007
    Lacking something.
  2. MarcE
    Mar 21, 2007
    Simply not nearly as funny as "Contorls the Universe". I like the fact that it is different from your typical sitcom and it tries to be original, which it is. It just is not very funny.
  3. Blake
    Apr 9, 2007
    Just not that funny. Clever at times, but I just don't find myself laughing all that much. I find myself saying... Oh that was clever and smiiling, but there it never pulls that big laugh out of me. No comparison to say Wedding Bells as far as recent releases are concerned.
  4. Mike
    Mar 19, 2007
    Love, Love LOVE Andy, always have. The canceling of "Controls the Universe" was a crime. But this one? Meh. Understated, not going for the obvious laugh, smart--I get all that. But there were maybe three laughs in the half hour. I'll give it a few eps, but I was seriously puzzled by this premiere.

1. Andy Barker isn't as complete a comedy as Andy Richter Controls the Universe — the first three episodes feel like a series of very funny bits that have been welded together. But so did 30 Rock when it first started, and that's now the best comedy on TV.
    This amusing series is likely to leave you smiling rather than guffawing.
  3. Like "30 Rock," "Barker" is more absurd and goofy than it is broadly funny, but it's definitely not as mainstream.