Anger Management : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Jun 28, 2012
Season #: 1, 2
5.9

1. Jan 26, 2013
    "Current critic must be damaged in the head" 3 episodes in and I am anxious for the rest. I do not agree with the ratings, many more viewers these days are viewing sitcoms online, through streaming sites, etc. I think the group therapy scenes are second to none. The writing is improving, and the cast is clearly getting along well. Absolutely hilarious prison group scenes. If you hate"Current critic must be damaged in the head" 3 episodes in and I am anxious for the rest. I do not agree with the ratings, many more viewers these days are viewing sitcoms online, through streaming sites, etc. I think the group therapy scenes are second to none. The writing is improving, and the cast is clearly getting along well. Absolutely hilarious prison group scenes. If you hate Charlie Sheen, don't watch him, I loath Kutcher, and ignore 2 & 1/2 men. Therefore I am not planning on reviewing the show. Collapse
  2. Jan 25, 2013
    Seriously, the current critic reviewer must be damaged in the head. 3 episode in and I can't wait for the rest. Charlie and co are on top form in this series, even more so than the first. Great writing and actual quality comedy!
  3. Feb 4, 2013
    At its best two and a half men was the Beatles. Today it’s lamo McCartney pop, whereas Anger Management is still in the awkward phase of Lennon’s first albums. Middle-class hero indeed.
    Four episodes of season 2 have passed thus far, and we can make some conclusions. The current cast and dynamics of Anger management are thus far distorted reflections of the established 2.5 men formulae. The apparent love interest (Dr. Kate Wales) is Charlie himself from 2.5 Men a relation-phobic sex-enthusiast.
    Charlie’s profession is appropriately downscaled to reflect his real-life financial downscaling. The ‘when will they drop dead’ attitude to the parents is transposed onto Martin Sheen’s character.
    A coarser, meaner version of the castrating mother/Judith is Charlie’s sister, or at least the glimmer of her we saw up to now.
    Meek dude Nolan is a one-trait Allen if you remember Allen asking himself why he’s so turned on by angry women…
    Intolerant old fella is the gay-to-be dad of 2.5 Men Charlie’s love interest Chelsea.
    The mellow black neighbor is Rose but without an agenda. He’s another dead weight thus far, like the inmates, which for now are pieces of the décor, who chime in with their down-to-earth-trailer-trash aphorisms, the male choir whose lead is the waitress. The inmates are like a theoretically more regular version of Charlie’s poker-paying buddies.
    Berta is Bret the surly, hoarse, gutter-wise waitress.
    Instead of Jake we have twitchy, highly strung Sam.
    Charlie’s Anger Management ex-wife like Schwarzenegger’s Terminator a role crafted perfectly for her woodiness.
    Summary: where 2.5 Men started with a bang, with fleshed out characters from episode 1 minute 1, Anger Management is going for the slow buildup. Charlie and Dr. Wales and Charlie’s dad are the only characters thus far who look and feel like real people; everyone else is still in the ‘untapped resource’ category, and we can only hope that will get ‘tapped’ soon. There are hints of this happening. Intolerant Ed and Patrick are showing the first signs of turning into real characters. Nolan and Lacey and Sam and the ex-wife and everyone else still seem stuck in the position of appendages to one and one only character trait. I think (hope), that that is about to change.
  4. Feb 22, 2013
    Better than the first season, but still far from being great. Anger Management returns and I've found that the show has brought more laughs with it, but at the same time I still found myself groaning at some of the more sophomoric attempts at humor and the occasional poor delivery of the actors. You can tell the actors know how stupid there lines are at times because they don't put anyBetter than the first season, but still far from being great. Anger Management returns and I've found that the show has brought more laughs with it, but at the same time I still found myself groaning at some of the more sophomoric attempts at humor and the occasional poor delivery of the actors. You can tell the actors know how stupid there lines are at times because they don't put any effort into making them sound believable, and I know from their track records that the cast can act. That being said it's a drastic improvement over last season, but it could still use some work. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Reviewed by: Chuck Bowen
    Jan 17, 2013
    The series is mostly a depressing slog, lacking even the calculated urgency that characterized the first season.