• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Aug 10, 2012
  • Season #: 1
3.3

1. Aug 13, 2012
    I would like my 22 minutes back. I also heard that the monkey is making $12,000 per episode. Really...now I feel really terrible, but I didn't have far to go after watching this trash.
  2. Aug 15, 2012
    I thought the show had a couple humorous moments, but it is not something that will last. The show almost seems gearded for kids, but doesn't quite hit the target either.
  3. Aug 24, 2012
    This is a pathetic show, it's a shame to see a good actor fall in to a bad show, terrible writing, pathetic characters, I hope they cancell the show soon.
  4. Aug 27, 2012
    If a monkey is one of the funniest characters in a show, that usually means trouble.
    The humour is mostly juvenile, kind of like taken from "Scrubs" without the really funny stuff.
    I have nothing against juvenile humour therefore my 3 Points, but the show needs better writting and from what I've seen, I doubt that the writers are up for the task. They actually managed to make Tyler
    They actually managed to make Tyler Labine's character boring. I think that says enough.
    In the first episode, the bright sides of the show were the monkey and Betsy Sodaro.
    And Joanna Garcia Swisher is such a cutie, I must admit.
    But that's just not enough for a good show.
  5. Aug 21, 2012
    What a waste of Justin Kirk and Tyler Labine. So stupid, written poorly, more like people acting badly with animals. Too bad an animal hospital show would be good concept, but not this one it is painfully bad. Not a kids show, maybe for 13 year old boys ( which is what these so called Vets act like). I am amazed these type of shows NBC buys and they cancel Harry's Law.
  6. Aug 28, 2012
    Very cute and fun show. Has a couple kinks to work out in future episodes, but very funny, and great acting. Looking forward to seeing more of this new family comedy.
  7. Sep 28, 2012
    There is absolutely nothing funny or redeeming about this show. The jokes are boring and lazily written. The main guy think he is hilarious, but nothing he says or does is believable. And of course they force the love story in their as well. I have LITERALLY never seen something so forced. There is even when point near the end of the pilot when Justin Kirk's characters says, "it is neverThere is absolutely nothing funny or redeeming about this show. The jokes are boring and lazily written. The main guy think he is hilarious, but nothing he says or does is believable. And of course they force the love story in their as well. I have LITERALLY never seen something so forced. There is even when point near the end of the pilot when Justin Kirk's characters says, "it is never just coffee with you and me..." As if the audience is too stupid to know what they writers are trying to do. It seems like the writers are even bored with their writing. No one should ever watch this show. Expand
  8. Sep 27, 2012
    I felt the show was not much of an comedy. The real vet. Dr. Po on the cable channels has funnier moments. Unless they come up with some better story lines, this show will be a waste of time.
  9. Sep 28, 2012
    Way too early to make a final verdict but I gave it 5 out of 10 just for the cast and what I know they are capable of. Lets hope the growing pains process creates the material they need.
  10. Oct 11, 2012
    First of all, to echo many reviewers, a monkey is never a good choice for a comedy unless your goal is to insult the intelligence of your audience...or to pander to children. Secondly, a veterinary clinic would never allow a monkey to run free throughout the clinic especially where food is being served (hospital cafeteria scene).
    Third, the concept of the show had such promise that missed
    Third, the concept of the show had such promise that missed the mark. Unfortunately, this is another show that takes society as whole backwards in regard to humour and more concerning in the way it portrays the world of actual Veterinary medicine. It's quite simply an un-intelligent mockery that will reduce the field to a "freak show circus" where animals are not intricate, living beings, but rather objects of stupid human entertainment. Good job NBC! Keep feeding stupid people what they want to see. Meanwhile, the people who were hoping for an intelligent comedy regarding what REALLY goes on in veterinary hospitals will sigh with disbelief and sadness. As a veterinary professional, I can already see it now: a wave of idiots will think that its OK to have a monkey roaming around and will think that its OK to feed meat to their Guinea Pig. Awesome!
  11. Oct 13, 2012
    I had to turn it off after 5 minutes as I could no longer bear the extremely humourless antics going on. Too bad; I was looking forward to a comedy about an animal practice. It could have been fun.

It's too cringe-worthy for overempathizing animal lovers, but general audiences might tune in for lighthearted, escapist fun.
  2. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Sep 26, 2012
    It's hard to see this show lasting too far beyond the initial taste.
  3. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Sep 25, 2012
    It's more like M*A*S*H* for the four-legged, a subversive and perversely funny workplace comedy.