Archer : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 14, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
9.0

1. Apr 5, 2015
    A half-hour animated show about a spy agency called ISIS ‘Archer’ hits the ground running in its debut season and, thanks to some great one-liners, quickly established running jokes and excellent voice acting from the entire cast, it is quickly establishes itself amongst the top tier of animated comedies.
  2. Oct 20, 2011
    This show is completely hilarious and a lot of fun to watch, every episode had me rolling on the floor, the season finale was a little disappointing but it's was still hilarious, I highly recommend watching.
  3. Jan 24, 2013
    Started watching it with low expectations and was rather happy that it far exceeded expectations. It's a very funny show and if you like the ranchy style humor then you will love it.
  4. Sep 18, 2012
    Fast talking comedy. Consistently funny. Fast talking comedy. Consistently funny. Fast talking comedy. Consistently funny. Fast talking comedy. Consistently funny.
  5. Feb 15, 2013
    Besides from the weak and disappointing finale, Archer is a smart, hilarious and uber fun animated series that contains some of the biggest and best laughs I have seen in an animated series since The Simpsons was in it's prime. With great and likeable characters and memorable quotes, Archer places itself up with the best animated shows and is making its way up to the top.
  6. Apr 19, 2014
    Easily one of the funniest animated shows with plot. Each episode is hilarious. The cast is perfect and it's just so funny. Each episode leaves you wanting more.
  7. Sep 1, 2014
    Archer is one of the rare tv show that has action,humour,nudity that is still good to watch.The characters are really funny the designs is really good and the jokes are funny.
  8. WJS
    Mar 11, 2016
    Hilarious show that seems to get funnier with each season. It's always outrageous and uses great guest stars (along with the regulars), to voice absurd characters. It makes for terrific binge watching.
  9. Jan 25, 2012
    Easily one of the best shows on T.V. right now. It's just too bad there's so much time in between seasons but that does make it better because of the anticipation. The animation is really nicely done and the characters are excellent. The season 3 premiere was this last week and, while that may have been one of the weaker episodes, the series as whole is something to appreciate for it'sEasily one of the best shows on T.V. right now. It's just too bad there's so much time in between seasons but that does make it better because of the anticipation. The animation is really nicely done and the characters are excellent. The season 3 premiere was this last week and, while that may have been one of the weaker episodes, the series as whole is something to appreciate for it's outstanding humor and wonderful characters. Give it a chance and it'll grow on you fast. Expand
  10. Nov 23, 2013
    Ive seen a lot of different tv comedies and this is by far the most shocking and disgusting one ever. Every episode pushes the show to a new insane stage of grotesqueness, and i love it!
  11. Jan 4, 2013
    The funniest show I have seen in god knows how many years. The writing is one of the funniest I've seen in a TV show, the voice acting is stellar, the 50's/60's comic book animation style is very unique and the characters and their relationship with each other are endlessly interesting and hilarious. It's like a raunchy, retro satire of the James Bond spy films and I just couldn't getThe funniest show I have seen in god knows how many years. The writing is one of the funniest I've seen in a TV show, the voice acting is stellar, the 50's/60's comic book animation style is very unique and the characters and their relationship with each other are endlessly interesting and hilarious. It's like a raunchy, retro satire of the James Bond spy films and I just couldn't get enough of it. Each episode has a chock full of very original and clever character orientated jokes and injokes and I always find myself in tears from laughter . Expand
  12. Dec 30, 2011
    I find this show absolutely hilarious. The animation is well done but really, its the writing and the voice talent that sells the product. Even the secondary characters are fun to watch. I watched it as it aired on FX and then when they released to season on iTunes, I pulled it down to watch it again. To have repeat view ability is pretty impressive.
  13. Jul 22, 2011
    Where did this come from??? Late one night on one of the back end channels on Sky I accidentally stumble across 20mins of absolutely scream out loud TV gold. Having just finished all 10 episodes of season one (yes I went straight out and bought it the next morning) I can safely say that this is now the show I declare 'the funniest show on TV'... and without any hesitation. I can't evenWhere did this come from??? Late one night on one of the back end channels on Sky I accidentally stumble across 20mins of absolutely scream out loud TV gold. Having just finished all 10 episodes of season one (yes I went straight out and bought it the next morning) I can safely say that this is now the show I declare 'the funniest show on TV'... and without any hesitation. I can't even look at a picture of show lead 'Sterling Archer' now without laughing to myself. The shows premise is simple; Archer is the main secret agent at his 'mothers' international spy agency ISIS. The remainder of the cast is made up of ISIS employees. The agency itself is supposed to be professional, but a control freak nymphomaniac mother, a hot empowered ex girlfriend spy, a wimpy sex addict accountant, a weird strangle obsessed secretary, a butch can't keep her mouth shut HR officer, and numerous other hilarious characters all make a day at ISIS utterly compelling viewing. The star of the show however, and without question, is Archer himself, (voiced by H. Jon Benjamin who does an amazing job, as do the rest of the ensemble cast) a self obsessed, womanising, hard drinking, spy with a habit of bragging about how good a 'secret agent' he is. Archer is adult comedy at its absolute best. It's crude and offensive, but above all charming. The zingers come thick and fast, and no episode outstays its welcome. This animation party has just been gate crashed, and for me, Archer now finds itself as 'head boy'. Brilliant... Expand
  14. Aug 17, 2010
    The plot feels a little cliche, but Archer is saved by incredibly clever dialogue. I am in love with this show, and Sterling Archer is one of the best secret agent characters since Maxwell Smart.
  15. Apr 13, 2012
    All preface by saying this show is not for everyone. In fact, it's probably not for most people. The humor is sophomoric (incredibly so sometimes) and the jokes can be a bit repetitive. That said, this is my favorite comedy on TV. It's hard to review comedy, as plot, characters, location, etc... all essentially don't matter to me. Sure the music is good and the voice acting is wonderful,All preface by saying this show is not for everyone. In fact, it's probably not for most people. The humor is sophomoric (incredibly so sometimes) and the jokes can be a bit repetitive. That said, this is my favorite comedy on TV. It's hard to review comedy, as plot, characters, location, etc... all essentially don't matter to me. Sure the music is good and the voice acting is wonderful, but the real barometer, and the one that earns this show a '9' from me, is "does it make me laugh?" The answer: more than any other show on TV. Archer is hilarious. Season 1 is simply outstanding. Watch a single episode and if you like it and the jokes resonate with you, than you'll be in for a great season of TV! Expand
  16. Aug 26, 2010
    archer is the BEST animated sit-com out there. fantastic blend of retro fashioned animation and ultra-contemporary dialogue. fast paced, with hilarious one-liners and references to pop culture
  17. May 7, 2011
    I Was a little skeptical about the show at first, but the first episode totally sucked me in. This is a witty animated comedy that no one interested in this genre should pass up. Archer is hilarious, and his supporting cast is also.
  18. Feb 7, 2011
    This show is nothing short of amazing. It's smart, witty, and infectious. A typical episode ends with me rewinding whatever it was I just watched (I have OnDemand) just to make sure that what I just heard was as funny as I think it was.... it's just that good. Their take on pretty much all things, whether it's manners/spies/social conventions/etc. etc. are spot on, and you'll find yourselfThis show is nothing short of amazing. It's smart, witty, and infectious. A typical episode ends with me rewinding whatever it was I just watched (I have OnDemand) just to make sure that what I just heard was as funny as I think it was.... it's just that good. Their take on pretty much all things, whether it's manners/spies/social conventions/etc. etc. are spot on, and you'll find yourself laughing at it later on as you replay it in your head. Truly sets the bar for great comedy, and I signed up to metacritic just to post how much I like it because I want this thing to stay on as long as possible so you gotta show the love. Expand
  19. Jan 5, 2012
    Archer is a great show, the writing is excellent and the characters are hilarious. It's really well made and I'm surprised it's not more famous. It's provoking and controversial right up there with Family Guy, with a lot more developed sense of humor and intriguing plot lines. A great show that hopefully will live on for a long time, but knowing the appreciation for great TV series amongArcher is a great show, the writing is excellent and the characters are hilarious. It's really well made and I'm surprised it's not more famous. It's provoking and controversial right up there with Family Guy, with a lot more developed sense of humor and intriguing plot lines. A great show that hopefully will live on for a long time, but knowing the appreciation for great TV series among executives (Arrested Development is one example) this series will most likely burn out instead of fade away, even though we can all hope for the opposite. Expand
  20. Mar 20, 2012
    The first season was an absolute 10/10. Season 2 was a 9/10, and this season has been a 7 or 8/10. I've sort of come to expect that they'll never re-capture that awesome first season, and just enjoy the show for what it is. The inside jokes/background is nice; I feel like the writers make an effort to connect with their fans in ways no one has before. For anyone wanting to get into theThe first season was an absolute 10/10. Season 2 was a 9/10, and this season has been a 7 or 8/10. I've sort of come to expect that they'll never re-capture that awesome first season, and just enjoy the show for what it is. The inside jokes/background is nice; I feel like the writers make an effort to connect with their fans in ways no one has before. For anyone wanting to get into the show, I don't think you really can unless you go back and watch the entire series. Expand
  21. Jun 5, 2012
    A truly great show. Good voice acting, brilliant script writing and some hilarious moments. A superb TV show that outshines many of its competitors I recommended it to to everyone looking for a creative comedy!
  22. Dec 18, 2014
    A lot of the reviews say that Archer isn't for everyone - and that is spot on. It definitely isnt. But personally I find it to be the most consistently funny show on the TV. The casting is superb, the animation is great and despite being a cartoon you find yourself being drawn into the world. You'll know by the end of the pilot if you like it or not. So watch it and go from there :)
  23. Mar 20, 2015
    The First season of Archer sets up the characters and the stories it has to tell. The only majorly bad thing I'll point out right away is how drastically Pam changes by season 2ish. Her as well as Carol, which I'm not even sure was her name during this season. However despite this minor complaint, this first season is filled to the brim with good laughs and interesting characters. I swearThe First season of Archer sets up the characters and the stories it has to tell. The only majorly bad thing I'll point out right away is how drastically Pam changes by season 2ish. Her as well as Carol, which I'm not even sure was her name during this season. However despite this minor complaint, this first season is filled to the brim with good laughs and interesting characters. I swear I've gone back and watched this season at least twice, and they really came in strong with the first episode. As a whole, I'd say this season is completely worth buying in a box set. Enjoyable through and through, with or without the company of others. Expand
  24. mathewidicula1979
    Jan 15, 2010
    I would like to like this show more, and the fist two shows do show promise and some funny moments, and I look forward to seeing the rest of the season. But really there is nothing new about this show.
  25. MikeB
    Jan 27, 2010
    Funniest new show in years. Endorsed.
  26. MichelleB.
    Sep 18, 2009
    Haha.... I thought it was funny. Especially when he told his butler he if he screwed up he would rub salt in his eye.... then told his butler he needed him to pick up some salt. LOL!
  27. WillC
    Jan 15, 2010
    This show had me crying tears dropping from my eyes the whole time the only thing that saved me from dieing was the commercials i couldnt sleep after seeing it i was in my bed staring at the wall remebering every single part and i would just laugh my mom kept screaming at me to go to sleep i couldnt hilarious show HILARIOUS!
  28. WaltM
    Jan 15, 2010
    Great premise, good start with a few low points in the dialogue. Should improve with age. If writing and graphics are not fully supported it could deteriorate quickly.
  29. DougF
    Jan 16, 2010
    Best new show I've seen in a long time- funny, smart and well crafted, if you don't like it you either lack intelligence or you're an insufferable bore whose opinion is worthless anyway.
  30. BeauB
    Jan 19, 2010
    If you like Fisky Dingo you are going to love Archer. One of the funniest shows on TV

1. Archer is the rare show that's in love with its own wordplay and good enough that this love becomes endearing rather than annoying.
  2. Archer may be crude but it's far more clever than last fall's disappointing "Testees," and "Archer" wins points with its observational humor about modern life and in its mocking of mundane workplace minutiae, such as computer passwords and the lack of security at a spy agency.
    I got many more sustained belly laughs out of the show that follows Sunny in an under-the-radar sneak preview.