Archer : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
9.1

1. MichelleB.
    Sep 18, 2009
    Haha.... I thought it was funny. Especially when he told his butler he if he screwed up he would rub salt in his eye.... then told his butler he needed him to pick up some salt. LOL!
  2. WillC
    Jan 15, 2010
    This show had me crying tears dropping from my eyes the whole time the only thing that saved me from dieing was the commercials i couldnt sleep after seeing it i was in my bed staring at the wall remebering every single part and i would just laugh my mom kept screaming at me to go to sleep i couldnt hilarious show HILARIOUS!
  3. DougF
    Jan 16, 2010
    Best new show I've seen in a long time- funny, smart and well crafted, if you don't like it you either lack intelligence or you're an insufferable bore whose opinion is worthless anyway.
  4. DirkVanZ
    Jan 24, 2010
    Funniest animation series in a long time... Hyper-irreverent and snarky with stylish retro-cartoonish feel. Only drawback: it pales in comparison to the real-life satire of recent U.S. intel services blunders.
    Sep 17, 2009
    Surprisingly good. Can't wait for more.
  6. Jeremy
    Sep 18, 2009
    I had just enough time between laughing to hear the next line of dialogue which would make me laugh and so on for 30 minutes. Every line out of every one of the ensemble cast's characters had me laughing like stewie does when he thinks somethings really funny. I've never been so excited about a show after seeing just one episode.
  7. BradS.
    Sep 22, 2009
    Excellent. Took me by surprise after the season premiere of Sunny and literally had me roll off the couch laughing. Can't wait till January for more!
  8. TerranceM
    Jan 15, 2010
    I've been looking forward to this show since the teasers last fall and I am NOT disappointed! This show rocks! Iwant Archer as my alter-ego. The ONLY bad thing was the commercial breaks between scenes. Let's get a Archer Movie made. If the SIMPSONS can do it, so can Archer. I can't wait to buy it on DVD!
  9. AzizD
    Jan 24, 2010
    I am a 23 y.o. male, and i grew up with Southpark, and Family Guy. but This Show is so Far past the Idiacrocy that made those two Funny for me. The Language is a lttle stronge for Kids, but i have not seen anything this Great in a long Time. I literally have Teared from laughing so Hard. This is one of the greatest animation adult comedies i have ever seen... I am Literally Looking I am a 23 y.o. male, and i grew up with Southpark, and Family Guy. but This Show is so Far past the Idiacrocy that made those two Funny for me. The Language is a lttle stronge for Kids, but i have not seen anything this Great in a long Time. I literally have Teared from laughing so Hard. This is one of the greatest animation adult comedies i have ever seen... I am Literally Looking forward to every episode. Keep up the Great work. Collapse
  10. KimR
    May 28, 2010
    Best show ever!!!
  11. [anonymous]
    Nov 13, 2009
    Looks great. Adam Reeds last show - "Frisky Dingo" was one of the funniest I have ever seen. H. Jon Benjamin has been making me laugh since "Home Movies". I hope the folks at FX give a chance, it has the makings of some serious funny.
  12. LeahT
    Sep 23, 2009
    Best premiere I've seen in ages...and the animation is fun as hell. Prepare to laugh at a rude and uncouth main character and his exploits. Very promising.
  13. Aug 19, 2010
    Fast, intelligent, witty, and memorable. You have to watch the episodes several times, because while you're laughing at one great line, you sometimes miss the next one. This is certainly the best comedy on television right now.
  14. Aug 26, 2010
    archer is the BEST animated sit-com out there. fantastic blend of retro fashioned animation and ultra-contemporary dialogue. fast paced, with hilarious one-liners and references to pop culture
  15. Jan 4, 2013
    The funniest show I have seen in god knows how many years. The writing is one of the funniest I've seen in a TV show, the voice acting is stellar, the 50's/60's comic book animation style is very unique and the characters and their relationship with each other are endlessly interesting and hilarious. It's like a raunchy, retro satire of the James Bond spy films and I just couldn't getThe funniest show I have seen in god knows how many years. The writing is one of the funniest I've seen in a TV show, the voice acting is stellar, the 50's/60's comic book animation style is very unique and the characters and their relationship with each other are endlessly interesting and hilarious. It's like a raunchy, retro satire of the James Bond spy films and I just couldn't get enough of it. Each episode has a chock full of very original and clever character orientated jokes and injokes and I always find myself in tears from laughter . Expand
  16. May 7, 2011
    I Was a little skeptical about the show at first, but the first episode totally sucked me in. This is a witty animated comedy that no one interested in this genre should pass up. Archer is hilarious, and his supporting cast is also.
  17. Jan 29, 2011
    Archer is a brilliant show. The animation is top notch and the story lines are extremely funny. The wit and complex story lines brighten my thursday nights.
  18. Feb 5, 2011
    Crazy good! I've watched everything on adult swim so much that I've stopped watching it because of all the crap like Tim & Eric and The Mighty Boosh. Thank god FX released something to feed my need.
  19. Feb 7, 2011
    This show is nothing short of amazing. It's smart, witty, and infectious. A typical episode ends with me rewinding whatever it was I just watched (I have OnDemand) just to make sure that what I just heard was as funny as I think it was.... it's just that good. Their take on pretty much all things, whether it's manners/spies/social conventions/etc. etc. are spot on, and you'll find yourselfThis show is nothing short of amazing. It's smart, witty, and infectious. A typical episode ends with me rewinding whatever it was I just watched (I have OnDemand) just to make sure that what I just heard was as funny as I think it was.... it's just that good. Their take on pretty much all things, whether it's manners/spies/social conventions/etc. etc. are spot on, and you'll find yourself laughing at it later on as you replay it in your head. Truly sets the bar for great comedy, and I signed up to metacritic just to post how much I like it because I want this thing to stay on as long as possible so you gotta show the love. Expand
  20. Dec 30, 2011
    I find this show absolutely hilarious. The animation is well done but really, its the writing and the voice talent that sells the product. Even the secondary characters are fun to watch. I watched it as it aired on FX and then when they released to season on iTunes, I pulled it down to watch it again. To have repeat view ability is pretty impressive.
  21. Jan 25, 2012
    Easily one of the best shows on T.V. right now. It's just too bad there's so much time in between seasons but that does make it better because of the anticipation. The animation is really nicely done and the characters are excellent. The season 3 premiere was this last week and, while that may have been one of the weaker episodes, the series as whole is something to appreciate for it'sEasily one of the best shows on T.V. right now. It's just too bad there's so much time in between seasons but that does make it better because of the anticipation. The animation is really nicely done and the characters are excellent. The season 3 premiere was this last week and, while that may have been one of the weaker episodes, the series as whole is something to appreciate for it's outstanding humor and wonderful characters. Give it a chance and it'll grow on you fast. Expand
  22. Jan 22, 2012
    I love archer and his character. I can't help but use some of his phrases in my normal life. Like "obviously we are going to do use that" I find it funny the worst reviews for the show are people without a sense of humor.
  23. Jan 24, 2013
    Started watching it with low expectations and was rather happy that it far exceeded expectations. It's a very funny show and if you like the ranchy style humor then you will love it.
  24. Dec 18, 2014
    A lot of the reviews say that Archer isn't for everyone - and that is spot on. It definitely isnt. But personally I find it to be the most consistently funny show on the TV. The casting is superb, the animation is great and despite being a cartoon you find yourself being drawn into the world. You'll know by the end of the pilot if you like it or not. So watch it and go from there :)
  25. Dec 13, 2012
    Can't get enough of that show. It's fun, it's full of black humor and so crazy it hurts. You get to love all the characters. There is a "logic" continuity from show to shows so you need to start with the first episode...
  26. Jun 23, 2013
    If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserveIf you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. If you don't enjoy this show you deserve to live. Expand
  27. Mar 6, 2014
    I have seen all episodes of Family Guy & Futurama, most of South Park, and I have to say this show beats them out because they have a cast that love recording the show as much as they do watching it, this show should last a long time.
  28. Apr 19, 2014
    Easily one of the funniest animated shows with plot. Each episode is hilarious. The cast is perfect and it's just so funny. Each episode leaves you wanting more.
  29. MikeB
    Jan 27, 2010
    Funniest new show in years. Endorsed.
  30. WaltM
    Jan 15, 2010
    Great premise, good start with a few low points in the dialogue. Should improve with age. If writing and graphics are not fully supported it could deteriorate quickly.
  31. BeauB
    Jan 19, 2010
    If you like Fisky Dingo you are going to love Archer. One of the funniest shows on TV
  32. LindaW.
    Jan 28, 2010
    I wasn't sure how I felt about after watching the first episode, but after seeing the next two. I am sold! Archer is very funny! I went back and watched the first one again and they all crack me up! This one is a keeper!
  33. Brew
    Nov 15, 2009
    Truly enjoyed the sneak peek at Archer! While it's geared toward a male audience, I am a girl and got lots of laughs watching it. Maybe it's because I'm one of those It's Always Sunny...cult followers or maybe I think the typical Desperate Housewives chick flicks are so cliche...or maybe it reminds me of Frisky Dingo. Probably, all of the above.
  34. Aug 17, 2010
    The plot feels a little cliche, but Archer is saved by incredibly clever dialogue. I am in love with this show, and Sterling Archer is one of the best secret agent characters since Maxwell Smart.
  35. Jan 6, 2011
    "James Bond meets Arrested development" - Adam Reed. My favorite movies and tv show merge into one of the best animations I have ever seen, what else can I ask for?
  36. Oct 20, 2011
    This show is completely hilarious and a lot of fun to watch, every episode had me rolling on the floor, the season finale was a little disappointing but it's was still hilarious, I highly recommend watching.
  37. Apr 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Having never seen Frisky Dingo and only a few episodes of Sealab 2021(Archer creator Adam Reed's previous shows), I wasn't sure exactly what to expect out of Archer. Though the plot did have me interested. It follows a top secret agency, ISIS, as their agents thwart international terrorist threats with the support of the other ISIS employees. At least that's what would happen in a perfect world. What really occurs is the agents usually just getting the job done by the skin of their teeth or not at all, while the employees are too busy with office politics and gossip to assist them.

What lured me in was the cast, which is as close to perfect as I've seen in quite awhile. The main attraction was H. Jon Benjamin who I had first seen in Home Movies, which quickly became one of my favorite shows and has remained one of them for years. Knowing he was going to be heading the cast as Sterling Archer, top field agent for ISIS, I felt I had to give the show a try. After looking into the show I learned that there were a couple of Arrested Development alums(my favorite comedy), in Judy Greer(Carol or Cheryl, depending on who you ask) and Jessica Walter(Malory Archer). Both of whom are reprising their respective roles on Arrested Development, in a way. Carol being a very dim witted receptionist, and Malory as Archer's overbearing and controlling mother. How controlling? Well her son's full name is Sterling Malory Archer and he shares his code name with Mallory's dog.

Rounding out the main cast were a couple of actors that I wasn't so sure about. Chris Parnell, who I love on 30 Rock as Dr. Spaceman, but haven't really cared for in anything else. And Aisha Tyler who I just wasn't that familiar with. Both have delivered incredible performances, especially Tyler who's trademark "yup!" has become something I can't stop myself from saying. Parnell plays Cyril Figgis ISIS comptroller and current boyfriend of Lana Kane, Tyler's character. Lana is a field agent and used to be in a relationship with Archer. This of course leads to some pretty awkward moments between the three, all of which are hilarious.

A couple of the less prominent characters also deserve a mention, Pam voiced by Amber Nash is ISIS's Human Resources director and not so secretly attracted to Lana. Pam has become one of my favorite characters her lines and delivery are always hilarious. George Coe voices Woodhouse, Archers man servant and whipping horse, who is usually there for Archer to bounce jokes off of, but his extremely dry delivery provides some humor as well.

The animation is excellent as well, the retro look blended into a modern world is an interesting take and everything has a sleekness to it that you'd expect in a world of spies, even fumbling ones.

I fell in love with the series after the first episode and would highly recommend it to anyone that likes an even mix of smart, witty comedy and broad, very un-PC jokes.
  38. Apr 5, 2015
    A half-hour animated show about a spy agency called ISIS ‘Archer’ hits the ground running in its debut season and, thanks to some great one-liners, quickly established running jokes and excellent voice acting from the entire cast, it is quickly establishes itself amongst the top tier of animated comedies.
  39. Jul 22, 2011
    Where did this come from??? Late one night on one of the back end channels on Sky I accidentally stumble across 20mins of absolutely scream out loud TV gold. Having just finished all 10 episodes of season one (yes I went straight out and bought it the next morning) I can safely say that this is now the show I declare 'the funniest show on TV'... and without any hesitation. I can't evenWhere did this come from??? Late one night on one of the back end channels on Sky I accidentally stumble across 20mins of absolutely scream out loud TV gold. Having just finished all 10 episodes of season one (yes I went straight out and bought it the next morning) I can safely say that this is now the show I declare 'the funniest show on TV'... and without any hesitation. I can't even look at a picture of show lead 'Sterling Archer' now without laughing to myself. The shows premise is simple; Archer is the main secret agent at his 'mothers' international spy agency ISIS. The remainder of the cast is made up of ISIS employees. The agency itself is supposed to be professional, but a control freak nymphomaniac mother, a hot empowered ex girlfriend spy, a wimpy sex addict accountant, a weird strangle obsessed secretary, a butch can't keep her mouth shut HR officer, and numerous other hilarious characters all make a day at ISIS utterly compelling viewing. The star of the show however, and without question, is Archer himself, (voiced by H. Jon Benjamin who does an amazing job, as do the rest of the ensemble cast) a self obsessed, womanising, hard drinking, spy with a habit of bragging about how good a 'secret agent' he is. Archer is adult comedy at its absolute best. It's crude and offensive, but above all charming. The zingers come thick and fast, and no episode outstays its welcome. This animation party has just been gate crashed, and for me, Archer now finds itself as 'head boy'. Brilliant... Expand
  40. Sep 22, 2013
    Archer is a great TV show with adult humour. The type of humour isn't going to be to everyone's liking as it's rather masochistic and chauvinistic. The animation is good and the characters interesting. Recommended for fans of Southpark and the like.
  41. Jan 5, 2012
    Archer is a great show, the writing is excellent and the characters are hilarious. It's really well made and I'm surprised it's not more famous. It's provoking and controversial right up there with Family Guy, with a lot more developed sense of humor and intriguing plot lines. A great show that hopefully will live on for a long time, but knowing the appreciation for great TV series amongArcher is a great show, the writing is excellent and the characters are hilarious. It's really well made and I'm surprised it's not more famous. It's provoking and controversial right up there with Family Guy, with a lot more developed sense of humor and intriguing plot lines. A great show that hopefully will live on for a long time, but knowing the appreciation for great TV series among executives (Arrested Development is one example) this series will most likely burn out instead of fade away, even though we can all hope for the opposite. Expand
  42. Feb 15, 2013
    Besides from the weak and disappointing finale, Archer is a smart, hilarious and uber fun animated series that contains some of the biggest and best laughs I have seen in an animated series since The Simpsons was in it's prime. With great and likeable characters and memorable quotes, Archer places itself up with the best animated shows and is making its way up to the top.
  43. Mar 20, 2012
    The first season was an absolute 10/10. Season 2 was a 9/10, and this season has been a 7 or 8/10. I've sort of come to expect that they'll never re-capture that awesome first season, and just enjoy the show for what it is. The inside jokes/background is nice; I feel like the writers make an effort to connect with their fans in ways no one has before. For anyone wanting to get into theThe first season was an absolute 10/10. Season 2 was a 9/10, and this season has been a 7 or 8/10. I've sort of come to expect that they'll never re-capture that awesome first season, and just enjoy the show for what it is. The inside jokes/background is nice; I feel like the writers make an effort to connect with their fans in ways no one has before. For anyone wanting to get into the show, I don't think you really can unless you go back and watch the entire series. Expand
  44. Apr 13, 2012
    All preface by saying this show is not for everyone. In fact, it's probably not for most people. The humor is sophomoric (incredibly so sometimes) and the jokes can be a bit repetitive. That said, this is my favorite comedy on TV. It's hard to review comedy, as plot, characters, location, etc... all essentially don't matter to me. Sure the music is good and the voice acting is wonderful,All preface by saying this show is not for everyone. In fact, it's probably not for most people. The humor is sophomoric (incredibly so sometimes) and the jokes can be a bit repetitive. That said, this is my favorite comedy on TV. It's hard to review comedy, as plot, characters, location, etc... all essentially don't matter to me. Sure the music is good and the voice acting is wonderful, but the real barometer, and the one that earns this show a '9' from me, is "does it make me laugh?" The answer: more than any other show on TV. Archer is hilarious. Season 1 is simply outstanding. Watch a single episode and if you like it and the jokes resonate with you, than you'll be in for a great season of TV! Expand
  45. DylanP
    Jan 14, 2010
    very promising will have to see more to confirm it's awesomeness. everyone should check out the creator's other show friky dingo. just as funny and even wierder.
  46. Sep 18, 2012
    Fast talking comedy. Consistently funny. Fast talking comedy. Consistently funny. Fast talking comedy. Consistently funny. Fast talking comedy. Consistently funny.
  47. Jun 5, 2012
    A truly great show. Good voice acting, brilliant script writing and some hilarious moments. A superb TV show that outshines many of its competitors I recommended it to to everyone looking for a creative comedy!
  48. Sep 10, 2013
    Wow....Just, wow. I thought I was sick of cartoon comedies for adults. But god dang it, around the third episode, this show won me over. Hilarious and enjoyable for a lot of people. Younger viewers should be wary, as it is offensive and crude humor. But for anyone who doesn't mind the more dark and sometimes just down right insulting jokes, you'll have a lot of fun watching this.
  49. Nov 23, 2013
    Ive seen a lot of different tv comedies and this is by far the most shocking and disgusting one ever. Every episode pushes the show to a new insane stage of grotesqueness, and i love it!
  50. Sep 1, 2014
    Archer is one of the rare tv show that has action,humour,nudity that is still good to watch.The characters are really funny the designs is really good and the jokes are funny.
  51. Mar 20, 2015
    The First season of Archer sets up the characters and the stories it has to tell. The only majorly bad thing I'll point out right away is how drastically Pam changes by season 2ish. Her as well as Carol, which I'm not even sure was her name during this season. However despite this minor complaint, this first season is filled to the brim with good laughs and interesting characters. I swearThe First season of Archer sets up the characters and the stories it has to tell. The only majorly bad thing I'll point out right away is how drastically Pam changes by season 2ish. Her as well as Carol, which I'm not even sure was her name during this season. However despite this minor complaint, this first season is filled to the brim with good laughs and interesting characters. I swear I've gone back and watched this season at least twice, and they really came in strong with the first episode. As a whole, I'd say this season is completely worth buying in a box set. Enjoyable through and through, with or without the company of others. Expand
  52. mathewidicula1979
    Jan 15, 2010
    I would like to like this show more, and the fist two shows do show promise and some funny moments, and I look forward to seeing the rest of the season. But really there is nothing new about this show.

1. Archer is the rare show that's in love with its own wordplay and good enough that this love becomes endearing rather than annoying.
  2. Archer may be crude but it's far more clever than last fall's disappointing "Testees," and "Archer" wins points with its observational humor about modern life and in its mocking of mundane workplace minutiae, such as computer passwords and the lack of security at a spy agency.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    I got many more sustained belly laughs out of the show that follows Sunny in an under-the-radar sneak preview.