• Network: NBC
  • Season #: 1
4.9

1. JBM
    Jan 16, 2012
    Rarely do I find a TV sitcom unwatchable but this one is it. Someone forgot to tell the producers and writers that a sitcom is supposed to have people in it the audience likes. Lots of shows handle drinking excessively with humor but in this case I felt like I was watching a documentary about alcoholism. What a totally unlikeable show. Can it.
  2. Feb 3, 2012
    Chelsea Handler must be stopped. One lame TV show is more than enough. We've all know you're a drunken slut Chelsea. Two books and a talk show have thoroughly uncovered the mystery. Call off the dogs. P.S. BRING BACK COMMUNITY you Hosers.
  3. Jan 12, 2012
    Even with my love for "That 70's Show" star Laura Prepon, this show doesn't bring anything new to comedy. It's about 40% percent funny. The rest is just... bad acting from supporting characters.
  4. Mar 15, 2012
    This is by far the absolute worst show I have ever seen, and I watched both episodes of The Hasselhoffs. If anything, this show demonstrates Handler's ability to exploit her brainwashed masses of drunken slutty girls. Take away the laugh track and this show is nothing but awkward setups with no actual punch line. If NBC doesn't cancel this show soon, I'm gonna Elvis my T.V.
  5. Jan 18, 2012
    The title character seems set up to be an independent and possibly even closed-off type of woman, which certainly isnâ
  6. Mar 26, 2012
    This show is not outright bad, its just 'meh' in every way. The characters are average and the jokes are mostly crap but its still vaguely likable.
  7. Mar 15, 2012
    Like "I Hate My Teenage Daughter", this show has mostly its funny moments, but then has some unfunny moments, which can be a problem. I really think they miscast Handler as her sister, which isn't really that funny of a character. But I must say, I love Dee Dee, she always keeps me laughing. All in all, its a funny show, but not "Modern Family" funny.
  8. Mar 22, 2012
    "Chelsea" is extremely entertaining and hilarious when it needs to be. If you give it a chance, it may just grow on you. Sure, it's one of the less sophisticated comedies, but that's honesty alright. Sometimes that's all you need to laugh.
  9. Apr 11, 2012
    I Love Are you there, Chelsea? That show is so funny I hope they can make it for more seasons. Laughter is the Best Medicine!! I laugh my Ass off!! at that Show!
  10. Apr 11, 2012
    I thought this new sitcom was very funny. i enjoyed the crass humor, Laura Prepon and new comer Lauren Lapkus. It is refreshing to see such diverse characters who all embrace one another.
  11. Apr 13, 2012
    I love this show, I watched both this and whitney . You have to have a sense of hmor and knowing chelsea and her comedy well what do you expect. Plus its a half hour show im sure you can find something else to watch for 30 mins and let us who enjoy the show have it to watch .
  12. Apr 18, 2012
    I absolutely love this show. Laura Prepon is hilarious in this part. I would be super upset if this show gets cancelled. I don't get it, when Charlie Sheen plays a womanizing, alcoholic he gets paid a mil an episode, and he's a real life drug addict. But when there is a character that is a promiscuous woman who drinks a lot, people are suddenly not interested. They only had half a season to be watched. They should be given at least another 10-12 episodes to establish a bigger following that I know is out there. Good luck cast and crew I'm rooting for you. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Aug 27, 2012
    The most puzzling thing about Are You There, Chelsea? is who exactly thought it was a good idea. Because it's not.
  2. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    Jan 11, 2012
    The show gets by as the vodka of television comedy. It aims to have no taste.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Jan 11, 2012
    Whenever Chelsea Handler is on screen in the new NBC comedy Are You There, Chelsea?, in which she plays not the title character but her sister Sloan, we see the hint of the better sitcom it wants to become.