Army Wives : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
7.6

1. GingerM
    Jun 4, 2007
    I love the show, even more than I thought I would! I like the characters and think I will enjoy watching their stories play out on the small screen.
  2. MikeB
    Jun 4, 2007
    great acting
  3. ChristinaD
    Jun 8, 2007
    I loved it, I even got my fiance into it.
  4. oscars.
    Aug 29, 2007
    This is such a great series. I am in love with Roxy. She really makes the show
  5. CherylH.
    Aug 31, 2007
    I love Army Wives. It is a really great show and I watched it twice a week. I can't wait for the new series this fall to see what happens.
  6. SandraD.
    Sep 28, 2007
    I love this show!!! Can't wait for the next season!!!!!!
  7. CrystalV.
    Apr 14, 2010
    For once we have a patriotic All American show full of quality fresh from too much TRASH IN today's television.
  8. BridgetL.
    Jun 12, 2007
    Yes, at times the first episode was cheesey - but as each episode progresses it get more and more real. It's a great show with real topics. I think everyone should see it.
  9. crystal
    Jun 25, 2007
    Man this show is great! Yes some of the story lines are a lil far fetched but guess what so is the life of a military spouse. The eposiode where they were telling mrs sherwood about the accident ...been there done that and that is as real as it gets. I am watching and taping for the hubby while in iraq so when he is home for R&R he can see it and judge for himself!
  10. SylviaJ
    Jun 25, 2007
    it has been a long time since I eagerly awaited the next episode of a show to come out and this one does it. I was an army brat and watched how my German mother had to learn not only how to be the best army wife but also an American herself. This show is awesome, done with wit and humor along with the intense story lines.
  11. coccia
    Jul 16, 2007
    Great Show.. some of the story lines are ones can do without.... but for the most part.. an EXCELLENT show.. WITHOUT A DOUBT A DEFINATE TIVO!!
  12. dennises
    Jul 16, 2007
    its a fantastic show ,I can't wait for sunday's since the show started,lifetime is my favorite channel
  13. TocarraB
    Jul 23, 2007
    I can relate to the charcters inthe show being that I am an army wife. Some of the problems that the charcters share allows me to deal with some of the ongoing challenges that I face far as being in my situation.
  14. CarisaK
    Jul 2, 2007
    This show is indeed a soapy night-time drama, but that is exactly what it is supposed to be. It's a great start to a potentially great show - every show needs time to flesh out it's characters. What makes this a 10? That I couldn't possibly miss the next show after the pilot. This is the most addictive show of the summer!
  15. L.M.
    Jul 5, 2007
    I really love this show and look forward to it each week. If you go into it understanding that it's fiction and made much more, um, "trashy" than real life, it's not bad at all. This show does not give me an unrealistic view of the military, nor does it make me more critical of it. Basically because I have a brain and I know it's just a tv show. It seems like most of the I really love this show and look forward to it each week. If you go into it understanding that it's fiction and made much more, um, "trashy" than real life, it's not bad at all. This show does not give me an unrealistic view of the military, nor does it make me more critical of it. Basically because I have a brain and I know it's just a tv show. It seems like most of the critical people do not even have spouses in the military. There is much worse on tv now-a-days, and this show to me is like a breath of fresh air. Expand
  16. LoriH
    Jul 6, 2007
    I give it a 10 - IT IS A TV SHOW, not a documentary about military wives! Yes, it is far fetched in a lot of areas and I am NOT a military wife but I DO have common sense. It is supposed to be entertaining and that is exactly what it is. The cast is awesome and do a great job - ACTING !!! If military gets offended by the way things are "happening and acted out" on a TV show, then do not I give it a 10 - IT IS A TV SHOW, not a documentary about military wives! Yes, it is far fetched in a lot of areas and I am NOT a military wife but I DO have common sense. It is supposed to be entertaining and that is exactly what it is. The cast is awesome and do a great job - ACTING !!! If military gets offended by the way things are "happening and acted out" on a TV show, then do not watch it. Like I said, I have common sense and I sure am thinking that some of the stuff on the episodes are "ahhh, shall I say not real??". But anyways, this is an excellent-addicting NEW tv show for Sunday nights! Way to go Lifetime. I support all the troops in the war at present time, I have many many friends and their children in Iraq at this time. Thank you - to all in the Military. Expand
  17. BobbieB.
    Jul 7, 2007
    A show I look forward to every week. A real show you can connect with. My husband even likes it. Imagine he watches nothing but hunting and fishing shows.
  18. BrynnO.
    Aug 26, 2007
    I never get into show, but Army Wives is absolutly amazing. The acting is so good I can feel the emotions that the actors and actresses are portraying. Two thumbs up to lifetime for introducing a show that supports our troops and gives us tiny taste of what an American Soldier and their families go through everyday. Thank you, and please continue to renew this show, it is worth it.
  19. JB.
    Love the show.
  20. candym.
    Aug 29, 2007
    I was an army wife for 8 years and this show nails the essence of the life. Unless you've lived it you can't appreciate this show. Military life is a completely different existence. Complete strangers become family almost overnight. I love this show and its truthfulness...
  21. RachelM
    Aug 7, 2007
    I love this show. I have been an Army wife for 6 years. No, it is not a completely accurate depiction of Army life, but how exciting would a TV show really be that shows the day to day monotony that we all face? The cattiness, the fighting, the hardships, temptations and trauma are things that Army Wives do face, perhapes not as constantly as is portrayed in this show, but many times in I love this show. I have been an Army wife for 6 years. No, it is not a completely accurate depiction of Army life, but how exciting would a TV show really be that shows the day to day monotony that we all face? The cattiness, the fighting, the hardships, temptations and trauma are things that Army Wives do face, perhapes not as constantly as is portrayed in this show, but many times in the life of our husband's career. Thank you for a beautiful show. Expand
  22. AlliM.
    Jul 30, 2008
    This show is the best I have ever seen!!!!! I have so many words to describe it it would take all day. So amazing!!!!
  23. LissaH
    Aug 30, 2009
    I love this show, it is very much in depth of how Army Wives are, I know I was one for 3 and half years. The people that say they dont like it oh well, it isn't about the people in the uniform, its about what the people that are married to them go through, and trust me we go through a lot BS!!! And the 82nd remark, they are not in Ft. Bragg, so thats that. This show is good.
  24. KristenM.
    Apr 17, 2010
    Army Wives is the best drama on TV today and also very underrated. Catherine Bell as Denise Sherwood continues to shine with her performances weekly. You will cry after the first ep of season 4 if you have not seen her yet. Everyone on the show is phenomenal and they (the Tribe) do make you want to cheer for them and their families.
  25. ErikaN
    Jun 17, 2007
    Are any of you negative critics even Army spouses? My husband is currently deployed and, although dramatized, the show is very realistic. Many Soldiers and there spouses are appreciative of the show and it's messages. I don't appreciate your assumptions about our feelings.
  26. LonaK
    Jun 20, 2007
    Holds your interest for the entire show. Each new show builds upon the last.
  27. ChristyD
    Jun 22, 2007
    I think that this show will only get better with time. It may not be completely "REAL" but it does hit on some important issues facing the families of our military. Maybe instead of criticizing the writers military families should try to get the writers to put in more "truths". I watch this show and hope that it will only flurish.
  28. LizF
    Jun 3, 2007
    I miss the JAG ! so the ARMYWives is go to be a good show. The show is tape in my South Carolina. From Liz, Lyman South Carolina
  29. NanetteB.
    Jul 15, 2007
    I look forward to this show every week. I have it TIVOed on both my TVs to make sure I don't miss it.
  30. ClaudiaS
    Jul 18, 2007
    I have nit seen a show so awesome that my husband,non-military,watches it with me,We love it! I hope it keeps going.Our last show was ALIAS and that ended so it is fun.
  31. MonicaS
    Jul 29, 2007
    Contrary to other posted comments, I find the characters to be realistic. As an army wife, I have been in different social circles on different military installations, and I can identify with these characters. What seems to be most touching is the impact the war has on their family lives, no matter the rank or job. Those struggles are very realistic, and hit close to home. Watching the Contrary to other posted comments, I find the characters to be realistic. As an army wife, I have been in different social circles on different military installations, and I can identify with these characters. What seems to be most touching is the impact the war has on their family lives, no matter the rank or job. Those struggles are very realistic, and hit close to home. Watching the dutiful army spouse who has sacrificed so much of themselves left behind to make a life for the family and a "good" reputation for the solider.. at thier expense is dead on.. Visit any military base in America, and interview the spouse behind a successful solider. Expand
  32. Von
    Jul 6, 2007
    I enjoy the show for what it is. A television show. I know everything is not perfect (uniforms, etc...) but what is. Take it for what it is - fiction. If you like it then watch and support it. If you don't like it then move on to something that works for you.
  33. HeatherT
    Aug 12, 2007
    I cant believe all these people out there saying that this show is a disgrace to the army and that the uniforms and the story lines are inaccurate. 1st, it is a tv show, so if you dont like it, dont watch it, 2nd it gives us NON-MILITARY people a little glimpse into what ther lives are like. we all know its a tv show and HELLO its on lifetime we all know that the writers are going to make I cant believe all these people out there saying that this show is a disgrace to the army and that the uniforms and the story lines are inaccurate. 1st, it is a tv show, so if you dont like it, dont watch it, 2nd it gives us NON-MILITARY people a little glimpse into what ther lives are like. we all know its a tv show and HELLO its on lifetime we all know that the writers are going to make the story lines more interesting than normal life. i love this show my boyfriend loves this show and we cant wait for sundays to roll around!!! Expand
  34. PeggyS.
    Aug 12, 2007
    This is the best show on television. Cathrine Bell and Kin Delany are wonderful in their parts. There's not a bad actor on the show and I love all the story lines. I hope it lasts a long time. The only way it could possibly get better was if they brought David James Elliot on as a regular.
  35. jeanned.
    Aug 13, 2007
    this show has been a huge help in explaining the how's and why's of the way things are. even though it is based around the military it also is about every day life. we all have trials and tribulations, whether we ae in the military or not.. we all need to try to understand that the one enlisted is not the only one in the family "serving" our country. this show finally tells more this show has been a huge help in explaining the how's and why's of the way things are. even though it is based around the military it also is about every day life. we all have trials and tribulations, whether we ae in the military or not.. we all need to try to understand that the one enlisted is not the only one in the family "serving" our country. this show finally tells more of what the ones that are left behind have to deal with. i believe that is almost as important to the miiary as what hte enlisted do. the ones tht are left behind ae the ones that keep the home going for our soldiers to come home to. it is about time they get some recognition and some way to help them relate to others and for others to really see what they do. great show..please cotinue!!!! Expand
  36. NicoleB
    Aug 22, 2007
    This is the best show every! I rush home on Sunday night to watch this. I love character on here. And, when they announced the season finale next Sunday I almost flipped.
  37. KellyS.
    Aug 26, 2007
    Army Wives has become one of my favorite shows. I see my fiance's army memorabilia in the study everyday and sometimes don't really take note of it. When I watch Army Wives, however, some of the emotions I had forgotten about are relived--deployments, announcements of wounded or missing soldiers, ceremonies, things I experienced years ago. My sweetheart is out of the military Army Wives has become one of my favorite shows. I see my fiance's army memorabilia in the study everyday and sometimes don't really take note of it. When I watch Army Wives, however, some of the emotions I had forgotten about are relived--deployments, announcements of wounded or missing soldiers, ceremonies, things I experienced years ago. My sweetheart is out of the military now and when I get caught up in everyday life around me, forgetting about the life I had which encompassed the army, every episode helps me to remember to honor those who are still serving and the families who are supporting their soldiers. Thank you for this show. Please keep writing! Expand
  38. DeVaughnH
    Aug 26, 2007
    this is a great show. yea maybe they should do some research from actual military people but since im not in the military i wouldnt have known that a patch is in the wrong spot and all this other stuff that people are having a problem with.
  39. nadegem.
    Aug 26, 2007
    I am in love with this show. It has drama, great stories. In addition it gives Americans the pros and cons of servint the country. One thing I don't like its that its only an hour....
  40. nikitaj.
    Aug 26, 2007
    i love it xcept the season finaly sucked only because i didnt want it to end lol
  41. AndyA.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Very Similar to the Unit" only with emphasis on the wives.
  42. dunnaineb.
    Aug 27, 2007
    This is something I'd like to watch Every Sunday night.
  43. KarlaB.
    Aug 28, 2007
    This show is great, keeps you always wanting more.
  44. SaraK
    Aug 28, 2007
    My favorite summer show!!!!
  45. mikaylav.
    Aug 30, 2007
    army wives is my all time favorite show. every sunday at nine o'clock its momy time all to herself for the hour. no husbandno babies and no disturbanceswhatsoever. haha!!!
  46. KathrynN.
    Jun 16, 2008
    I love the way that each person in the group is a different personality but yet each one of them brings their difference to the group and enhances the strength of the friendships in the time of need. we are all in an army in the world and we should use our strengths to make this world a better place by joining with others to enhance our world.
  47. JoeS.
    Jul 21, 2008
    I've read the comments for people who don't like the show and the reasons are pretty lame. "Since when did the 82nd wear black berets?" First of all, an average t.v watcher with no Army experience won't know the difference between an active airborne unit or a normal unit. Second: T.V shows and movies aren't allowed to have a correct military uniform. Watch any movie I've read the comments for people who don't like the show and the reasons are pretty lame. "Since when did the 82nd wear black berets?" First of all, an average t.v watcher with no Army experience won't know the difference between an active airborne unit or a normal unit. Second: T.V shows and movies aren't allowed to have a correct military uniform. Watch any movie with the Armed Forces in it and you will see. To these wives with 24-27 years of experience: Your honestly going to say that you have seen none of this stuff happen? Husbands cheat on their wives regardless of if they are in the military or not so you can't say "I've never seen it happen." While I was enlisted I saw plenty of my friends wife cheat on their spouses. You never knew a soldier with PTSD? Furthermore I lived through the experience of attempting to adopt a significant others child while in the military so please don't speak for everyone when you say it "never happens". Next, 'The behaviour depicted in this episode explains why we have lost in Iraq". Wow, what a dumb thing to say. First of all, regardless of whether or not you believe we are losing this war, when you base your opinion on a fictional t.v show you lose all credibility in your argument. Which is sad because you actually made a decent point. While I was over there I felt we were winning the war, but again that is just an opinion, but I feel it is a bit more factual than a t.v show. Lastly: I don't believe this show is giving the wrong impression to the public. If you read the reviews most of the complaints are from Army wives who say it isn't realistic. The civilians love the show. Based on the comments they also realize that there is extra drama and have the common sense to know when the show goes a bit overboard. Just a few thoughts. Expand
  48. Moni
    Feb 15, 2009
    I absolutely love Army Wives...I am however very very disappointment because I believe there has been false advertisement. I have been looking for new episodes to begin with this new season in January 2009 and all they have been showing is re-runs...What's up with that?!?!?!
  49. DaWW
    Jul 19, 2009
    I think it's a very good show. It has a variety for all aspects of 'life', be it army or non-military. I love the way the women stick together.
  50. LisaC.
    Mar 25, 2010
    This is the best show i have seen in yrs. i hope this show continues. i give it 5 stars.
  51. LindaR.
    Apr 16, 2010
    Top new show opening episode out of 11 shows. that says it all. Army Wives is number one.
  52. KristinW.
    Jun 26, 2007
    Janice, I can not believe you are so offended by this show. WE have proudly served Navy for over 20 years and I love this show. It is not meant for everyone to think that all women cheat, or all have babies, it is meant for people NON-Military to just get a little touch of what it feels like to be a new person on the block or the highest of ranks. In the military its not all "DIRTY Janice, I can not believe you are so offended by this show. WE have proudly served Navy for over 20 years and I love this show. It is not meant for everyone to think that all women cheat, or all have babies, it is meant for people NON-Military to just get a little touch of what it feels like to be a new person on the block or the highest of ranks. In the military its not all "DIRTY LAUNDRY", however, the statement is true and you can't say it is not...WE ALL HAVE OUR SECRETS!! Be it military or non military. Keep this show going, I so look forward to it every week. 2 thumbs up to the creators of this! Expand
  53. AlexandraB.
    Jun 28, 2007
    Hate the war, but love this show. Gives one a new perspective on the military.
  54. SandraS.
    Jul 31, 2007
    First let me point out the title.. Army WIVES...not Army MEN...While the uniforms may not be exactly correct, the stories told are as close to the truth as it gets. I am a military wife of more than 5 years. I have seen women who cheat on their spouses while they are overseas, army men who cheat on their wives, Wives who become tempted when left all alone but in the end never actually First let me point out the title.. Army WIVES...not Army MEN...While the uniforms may not be exactly correct, the stories told are as close to the truth as it gets. I am a military wife of more than 5 years. I have seen women who cheat on their spouses while they are overseas, army men who cheat on their wives, Wives who become tempted when left all alone but in the end never actually cheat, soldiers who return from overseas with PSTD and refuse to admit it, young soldiers who marry after only a few days, wives who stand by their men for years then decide to do for themselves, and a whole lot more. Life in the military is not all fun and games, nor is it all drama and heartbreak ... it is a life, unlike any other. I am proud to be a military wife. Those of you that feel this show depicts the militaries image to civilians in a harmful way need to wake up. Our image is shattered everyday by individuals who want to protect and covet our lifestyle and act as though behind close doors these things dont happen. They do. The show also shows wives supporting their men, husbands making decisions based on the best interest of their family, children struggling to sleep at night because daddy is gone but playing carefree during the day. Truth be told, I am glad this show is airing and hope that everyone remembers the good, the bad and the ugly. Our life is different but as someone else pointed out.. WE ALL HAVE SECRETS Expand
  55. CrystalM.
    Aug 16, 2007
    It is the best show on this summer. Can not wait to see the new shows
  56. PamK
    Aug 19, 2007
    I have been a military wife for almost 20 years. My husband has been an enlisted soldier, officer, and warrant officer. This show is accurate in that it depicts the challenge of deployments, preparing for deployments, and recovering from deployments. It also accurately depicts military patriotism and love for our country. I wish this show would not lead America to believe that our I have been a military wife for almost 20 years. My husband has been an enlisted soldier, officer, and warrant officer. This show is accurate in that it depicts the challenge of deployments, preparing for deployments, and recovering from deployments. It also accurately depicts military patriotism and love for our country. I wish this show would not lead America to believe that our soldiers are not allowed to interfere with a little girl being raped or a village being terrorized. We would never have left a soldier like Belgrad there in the first place. That story line was seriously disturbing. The writers need to get better advice before airing story lines about the rules of enemy engagement. I hope this sort of thing will not happen next season. Expand
  57. ericac.
    Aug 22, 2007
    I love this show. My friends and I stay up and watch it together. We hate that it is on on Sunday's but thank goodness for DVR's.
  58. DebbieS.
    Aug 27, 2007
    The best show ever. I am addicted cant wait for season 2.
  59. LakishaA
    Aug 28, 2007
    I have read most of the veiwers comment and i am sure others will read mine! I have to agree with others that say if you do not like the show then do not watch it turn the channel HATERS! I love the show and feel they did a great JOB and can not wait untill next season. I hope they keep up the good work . And rember HATERS turn the channel!!!
  60. TiffanyM.
    Sep 22, 2007
    Best military show out there. Awesome acting, awesome story lines. I am a Marine wife and love the show even though it is army wives.
  61. ElitaC.
    Nov 25, 2007
    When will the next series star. I love the show,! It is excellent, the acting, story lines are great!

"Army Wives" is better than it has any right to be.
    “Army Wives” is by no means a perfect show, but there’s a lot of potential material in the lives of these women.
  3. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Adam Markovitz
    An earnest soap about women who are scrappy, sensitive, and stoic. [1 Jun 2007, p.64]