• Network: Bravo
  • Series Premiere Date: May 9, 2012
  • Season #: 1
2.8

1. May 9, 2012
    Yawn..... we've seen ALL this before. Think back to the early days of reality TV when fresh concepts like the Great Race and Top Chef actually got our attention. Alas, Bravo must have run head first into their creative brick wall because this show bears all the earmarks of a fifth generation clone - flawed, tired, predictable and laughable mutated mush. You'll recognize the obnoxious self-absorbed cast of characters; a conniving Bubba or two, the guileless Bambi, multiple arrogant egomaniacs, a smattering of pushy tools and the smug expert judges. Watch the players race about in disorganized packs, articulate their stealthy strategy to prevail and toil and sweat in frantic contrived competitions. Listen to their embarrassing inner dialogue in a constant stream of candid clips. Sound familiar? All this low concept thematic rehashing culminates in the chefs voting one of their own off the island. Gag me. Go take a bath or learn how to prune bonsai trees, but don't waste any time on this sad sad retread. Collapse
  2. Sep 29, 2014
    Too american. I really thought it would be interesting but unfortunately, I got very irritated by this show. People trashing each other, no respect whatsoever. I couldn't stand the show for more than two minutes. Will stick with Chop.

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    May 9, 2012
    Bravo's newest attempt at a cooking-competition franchise took some quality original ingredients and made them into a hash.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    May 9, 2012
    If Around the World doesn't exactly reinvent the genre, it still manages to refine the familiar bits with sumptuous location shooting and a sense of adventure.
  3. Reviewed by: Linda Stasi
    May 8, 2012
    Once again, we have the same personalities you've seen endless times before on cooking and competition shows.