Arrow : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 10, 2012
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.3

1. Apr 13, 2017
    This was an amazing season and was one up on everything from the first season! Deathstroke was an unbelievable villain who brought vengeance to Arrow.
  2. Jan 9, 2017
    Arrow season 2 shows us revenge injustice and a tangled web of lies that lead to high stakes as well a classic DC villian and an out standing cast all while balancing its time between the island and the present with dramatic flair and yes it's full of action
  3. Dec 7, 2015
    Season 1 bored me to death. And Season 3 did the same. Season 2 of Arrow is still the best season that this show has had. I don't think Arrow is going anywhere and I can't really see myself watching any more episodes as the writing for the show is really bad, and there are way too many filler episodes
  4. Dec 6, 2015
    Season 1 episodes summed up: Bad guy comes to town. Oliver kicks ass.
    Season 2 episodes summed up: Bad guy comes to town. Oliver fails to capture him, then talks about his feelings to Diggle and Felicity. They give him a pep talk. Meanwhile someone else steps up to save the day.
    Season 1 episodes summed up: Bad guy comes to town. Oliver kicks ass.

Oh man, what a disappointment. Oliver is about as much of a superhero as a whiny teenager in this season. In season 1 we had a fun, relentless vigilante who not only was a clear badass, but made even more intriguing by his Dexter-esque execution of villains. Now we have a guy who appears unable to stop much of anything in his path without help from people more powerful than himself, and who refuses to kill because his dead friend "wouldn't want it".

That's not where the problems with this season end, either. The human drama element of the show has collapsed entirely, falling to the quality of a pretty bad soap opera. Rarely does a character act in a way that doesn't reek of being forced by the writers in an attempt to create drama. So many subplots simply start and end with little justification for doing other.

From the start, Arrow has been plagued with the sappy dialogue you'd expect in a network drama, but I think the problem may have been pride. The writers seem unaware that the show would best function as a typical, cliched superhero action thriller. They attempt to reach for intellectual stars but every time fail to draw conclusions of even the slightest depth. Attempting to be a deep, dark examining of the human condition just looks silly, considering that this show not only fails at realism, but at any form of true character development.
  5. Nov 5, 2015
    WOOOW that was awsome. Arrow season 1 beginning awsome and season 2 was even a little bit better than season 1. More exciting. And OMG Deathstroke :0. Manu Bennet fits well to Deathstroke. I find the coolest Villain in this season :)
  6. Oct 21, 2015
    It was a bit of a slow starter but Season 2 ended up being pretty good. I love Slade Wilson as the main villain of the show, He was a great fight for Oliver this season. The whole backstory between them was awesome as well and proved just how much the writing has improved this season.
  7. Jun 7, 2015
    Thanks to its intense, spectacularly choreographed action sequences, dramatic character moments and widening cast of intriguing plotlines, “Arrow: Season 2” succeeds as an entertaining TV show, and marks an improvement over its predecessor.
  8. Mar 1, 2015
    This show is improving as it goes on. Well written and for the most part well acted. Some very strong nuanced scripts with just the right amount of humour. Minor quips about one of new introduced (reintroduced?) characters who doesn't quite gel and feels a bit wrong. But all in all surprises galore and even the weaker first season actors have upped their game.
  9. Feb 20, 2015
    "Arrow" Season 2 moves the story on and the show and performances get better and better. Characters are finding their way as the threats increase. "Arrow" is fast becoming one of the best shows on TV and Season 2 does not disappoint.
  10. Feb 8, 2015
    This show could have been EPIC! But instead its boring, predictable, lovey dovey and easily forgettable. Oliver needs to be more of a man and less of a teen, Thia either needs to be killed off the show or grow up, Laurel is **** her character is so awful and boring even now that they made her the Black Canary she sucks! With so many great new hero based shows coming on it will beThis show could have been EPIC! But instead its boring, predictable, lovey dovey and easily forgettable. Oliver needs to be more of a man and less of a teen, Thia either needs to be killed off the show or grow up, Laurel is **** her character is so awful and boring even now that they made her the Black Canary she sucks! With so many great new hero based shows coming on it will be interesting to see how long Arrow will last. Given how terrible some of the writing and characters are. But you never know maybe they will give us less market driven characters and episodes and more real entertainment. Expand
  11. Feb 8, 2015
    Way to rip off the 3rd Batman movie Arrow... Did the writers seriously think we wouldn't notice? I mean seriously and I swear Thia and Laurel are the worlds most annoying and whiny characters. I seriously wish they would just kill them both off already. Maybe then this show could evolve a bit more and not be such a total crapfest.
  12. Feb 8, 2015
    Arrow season 2 is a cheap farce the apparent knock off with star city and its similarity with the 3rd batman movie was not unnoticed. CW quit giving us rehashed garbage from great films and start giving us something worthwhile deserving of the name good entertainment. Or just keep being the one trick pony that you are. Either way I am sure some mindless idiots will keep watching.

You

You had a real chance to create something good here, you had a great comic book classic with awesome story lines and interesting characters, and instead of using that... you gave us some cheesy soap opera catered to teens and retards. Give your viewing audience some credit and start giving us more bang for our buck rather than half assed demographic or psychographic bull crap. Otherwise your dwindling audience will just start disappearing altogether.
  13. Dec 27, 2014
    Como se pudesse ficar melhor, Arrow Conseguiu ser melhor que a primeira Temporada! Excelente Inicio Meio e Fim de Temporada, (SPOILER) mas gostaria de ressaltar um dos melhores episódio quando Barry Allen antes de ser o (The Flash) aparece em dois episódios épicos de ARROW sem mais palavras!
  14. Nov 30, 2014
    Good show to watch with the family if they like superheros and a world where there are clear good-guys and bad-guys. Another aspect of the show I like is it not overly unrealistic to being a fantasy and most things are possible if unlikely. It is good entertainment with the actors roles being well developed.
  15. Nov 22, 2014
    Season 2 was great fun. Had an amazing amount of depth giving to these characters, and in all honesty is probably one of the better DC adaptions in the last 5 years (besides the Batman movies from Christopher Nolan)
  16. Nov 10, 2014
    The second season of Arrow represents a more confident outing for Oliver Queen and Co. It greatly improves upon the first with stronger character arcs and a killer performance from Manu Bennett as Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke as the main baddie. While some elements are weak, such as Laurel's character arc and the usual throwaway villain of the weeks, the second season of Arrow is still a delight.
  17. Oct 30, 2014
  18. Oct 6, 2014
    The last few episodes made me jump a lot.
    Brilliantly crafted. And Stephen Amell does it well.

Only it could do away with the overacting. Otherwise, it's one of a kind. A hit in the hero segment.
  19. Oct 6, 2014
    I'm a little conflicted with this season. I like how there are a heck of allot more nods and winks to DC lore, granted many are done a bit out of context, but this is a new DC universe so a bit of shifting around of names and references is to be expected.

However, I was a little bummed that the series steered away from the darker grittier tone of the first season and started having a Smallville-ish vibe to it. A shame. But that doesn't mean I don't like the new direction (I liked Smallville.)

I really do hope that Season 3 will have some more Iconic villains and perhaps include some more "Meta-Humans" (as named in the Flash series.) I do like the realistic approach that the show was initially going for, but as is, I do feel the show will do better being less Nolan-y and more DC-ish.

Overall:
    The Arrow Season 2 was pretty decent. In many ways not as good as season 1 but also better in other ways. I just hope the writers and producers can decide what direction they want this show to go and stick to it. The last thing anyone needs is another "Millennium."
  20. Sep 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. BETTER then season 1. Season 1 started off as crap, but ended on a high note. They picked up from where they left off and have continued to increase the awesomeness off this show. I mean Deathstroke the freaking Terminator was the seasons big bad. It had the Suicide Squad. Since the last 5 episodes of season 1 this show is my favourite. Expand
  21. Aug 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great story, tells it in a great way to make a superhero believable. We can see that the cast is giving their all when it comes to bringing all these characters alive and everything feels real, from the heartbreaks to the action itself. The only thing preventing me from giving a 10 is because I don't like Deathstroke's masks, and it even look funny on some of his henchmen and Isabel. Expand
  22. Jul 20, 2014
    Season 2 and Season 1 are like day and night - the show improves enormously during its fantastic second season. Yes, Laurel is still a main character, (for who knows what reason) but there's just so much good in "Arrow's" second season that I'm willing to look past that unfortunate fact.
  23. Jul 15, 2014
    The whole reason I started to watch this terrible show is because i found out Deathstroke was in it. For the most part, the scenes with him were good. But the final showdown with Arrow and Deathstroke was very disappointing. By the end I wondered why I even bothered with this mediocre series. The plot is so bland that it seems that it could have been written in a day. Too many episodesThe whole reason I started to watch this terrible show is because i found out Deathstroke was in it. For the most part, the scenes with him were good. But the final showdown with Arrow and Deathstroke was very disappointing. By the end I wondered why I even bothered with this mediocre series. The plot is so bland that it seems that it could have been written in a day. Too many episodes on spent on a boring plot and pathetic characters. It's terrible. Expand
  24. Jun 27, 2014
    super letdown because been waiting 1 season for the fight with deathstroke,but the fight is just crap
    a little better than the first for the story, the finale is same as the undertaking
    letdown for no flash
  25. Jun 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show doesn't follow the lore. Many of the characters have the wrong names for who they're supposed to be.

Talia is supposed to be Ra's al Ghul's daughter by blood, not Black Canary who is supposed to be named Dinah. Both Ra's, and Talia are Batman characters. Black Canary is supposed to be Green Arrow's love.

Brother Blood is a Teen Titans villain, and leads a cult dedicated to Trigon, an interdimensional demon.

Speedy is what GA calls his sidekick, one of which was Roy Harper aka Red Arrow aka Arsenal.

Deathstroke isn't supposed to be some love crazed psycho. They totally destroyed that character. He's also another Teen Titans villain.

They have so much of it wrong. They even have Harley Quinn locked up at ARGUS, you hear her voice in one episode, and that's yet another Batman villain.

Besides all the misnamed, and out of place characters, they have a Thea Queen character who made me turn off the sound, or fast forward during her scenes. She has to be the most annoying character ever created, and the show would have been a little better had they killed her off instead of Moira. I probably would let out an audible cheer to see her impaled.
  26. May 25, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Things took a huge step in season 2 as more Comic characters are introduced. Deathstroke was amazing and sooo intimidating. Characters like Roy (Red Arrow), Black canary, huntress open the door for much more potential and lets not forget the introduction of the Suicide Squad and League of Assassins and the 5 second cameo of Harley Quinn. This season has been a great year of TV for Arrow and i cant wait for Season 3. Expand
  27. May 18, 2014
    you will be disappointed

While season 1 was awesome even for people that didnt know the lore before, season 2 is a good example of what you can do wrong. the plot is in its very basics good but the show is missing the quality of season 1! and thats my point. the scripting ist off and directing is poorly done if season 3 comes in this quality it will be the last. i often thought
    you will be disappointed

if season 3 comes in this quality it will be the last.

i often thought while watching that some old dude from the 90s did produce this. horrible, still watched to the end :)
  28. May 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great show!Good acting, great visuals and a good story.Great writing too in many wys(characters, dialoge).The first season is better in my opinion and the show is taking a road that i dont want it to take.With the end of the season Arrow is more like a puppy."Dont kill someone" bla bla.This kills some things that i liked about the show.Where are those heavy thoughts that makes season 1 so strong?Dont get me wrong, its still a great show with good story.But the Arrow in the present(i mean in starling city) is not that interesting.The present-Arrow is too....rounded?No edges.Its like the old Batman, too soft.The past-Arrow(on the island and now Hong Kong) saves the show for me. Expand
  29. May 12, 2014
    Best tv show about heroes ever made!!!
    The character are just awesome, Stephen Amell gives an amazing acting as Oliver Queen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  30. May 1, 2014
    Talk about stepping up the game. Season 2 of arrow completely DOMINATES season 1. Damn, this is good TV. Especially for comic or vigilante fans, this is absolutely must watch TV.
  31. Apr 18, 2014
    I like this kind of superhero who has normal human's feeling, who would struggle, who would get hurt, who would be afraid facing the enemies. I hope Arrow and his friends will become stronger and have a happy ending.
  32. Apr 16, 2014
    Well acted, well written, and above average action choreography for television. The dual story lines also keep it interesting. Can't wait to see where this series is headed next.
  33. Feb 18, 2014
    I used to enjoy watching arrow season 1, but season 2 has taken a turn for the worst for me. The character Sara Lance is the reason for it all. The show has lost quality and excitement due to the character being added to the show. The plot revolves around the character Sara Lance far too much. If the producers would consider bringing the show back to the three main characters as in seasonI used to enjoy watching arrow season 1, but season 2 has taken a turn for the worst for me. The character Sara Lance is the reason for it all. The show has lost quality and excitement due to the character being added to the show. The plot revolves around the character Sara Lance far too much. If the producers would consider bringing the show back to the three main characters as in season 1 I would most definitely start watching it again. Expand
  34. Dec 28, 2013
    The 1st season of show was entertaining and introduced us well-written, 3 dimensional characters. Oliver Queen, the rich playboy who had to go through so many things, that it's nearly unbelievable, that he stayed alive. But he did and moreover, became better person and badass crime-fighter with bows and arrows. His allies, Diggle and Felicity are also great, and enjoyable to watch. ButThe 1st season of show was entertaining and introduced us well-written, 3 dimensional characters. Oliver Queen, the rich playboy who had to go through so many things, that it's nearly unbelievable, that he stayed alive. But he did and moreover, became better person and badass crime-fighter with bows and arrows. His allies, Diggle and Felicity are also great, and enjoyable to watch. But 2nd season of show is Great! It's becoming better and better each week. The midseason finale of 2nd season introduced Barry Allen aka yet-to-become "Flash"(played by marvelous Grant Gustin), which was another successful decision of WB and CW. Hope they will keep that pace. Collapse
  35. Dec 11, 2013
    The show was able to perfectly blend in so many characters with ought seeming to be overdone. The fact past and present blend in with new events makes the spectator uneasy to learn the whole story behind the mysterious Oliver Queen.
  36. Dec 9, 2013
    Arrow took such a big leap in season 2. This show is a must watch for the DC lore itself. The story plays out in 2 timelines. The present timeline in which Oliver is the bow and arrow vigilante and the Island timeline which shows Oliver slowly becoming the Vigilante we see in the present. Also, the action in season 2 has been superb! Enjoy the ride
  37. Nov 24, 2013
    I love this show. It is very well written and I think the flashbacks are perfectly executed. On the down side, I think Laurel should be getting more screen times as she is one of the best actors on the show. I like how this season has a different view than the first. The first being about crossing people off the list, and the second being about helping the town.
  38. Oct 17, 2013
    I never read a comic book in my life. This show is not changing that but it is VERY interesting. The plot is good, the stories don't get stale and it NEVER EVER drags. Something new happens every single week. This can't be told about other shows; making Arrow superior in that aspect...stories never drag.
  39. Oct 17, 2013
    Nikita has better fight scenes but it just looks more convincing to the audience because of Stephen. The plot of Season 1 regarding the current state of Sterling city was boring and dragging. But in all fairness for Season 2, I wish they could keep up with the momentum of the show by employing better twists and solid plot that is fast-paced. I think I'll still stay watching Arrow if theyNikita has better fight scenes but it just looks more convincing to the audience because of Stephen. The plot of Season 1 regarding the current state of Sterling city was boring and dragging. But in all fairness for Season 2, I wish they could keep up with the momentum of the show by employing better twists and solid plot that is fast-paced. I think I'll still stay watching Arrow if they can provide awesome flashbacks more from Oliver's Lian Yu days on the island. Expand
  40. Oct 14, 2013
    Great opening episode to what is hopefully another great season. One of the best shows on television and a true comic book show for any comic book fans out there.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Reviewed by: Jeff Jensen
    Oct 9, 2013
    The sophomore-season premiere shows no signs of slumping.