• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 10, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
8.2

1. Oct 26, 2012
    Awful show. May be suitable for kids, but if you're a fan of things like Homeland, Boardwalk, Wire, Suits, Dexter etc. then stay well clear. 45 mins of my life I won't get back unfortunately.
  2. Oct 13, 2012
    "Machine guns fired at him can't hit him!" This sums up the show. So if you like your shows to make sense, avoid this. Also, cheesy dialog galore. Typical TV trash.
  3. Oct 14, 2012
    this was dire, a cheap knock off of the batman franchise. I to found the hundreds of rounds fired at the hero with none managing to nick him unbearable by the end. To say you have to suspend disbelief is a gross understatement, his disguise is essentially heavy mascara and a scowl. Its targeted at a specific audience and if your past a certain age this is not going to be for you.
  4. Dec 5, 2012
    This show is REALLY sorry. The writing is poor and the plot is truly being stretched out more than it needs too. The action is way too limited in comparison to the sappy love story and dramatic elements they are attempting to weave. I understand that they are trying to present this character in a perspective different from the comic book character, however, they are moving at a pace that is much too slow than is necessary. This story could have been over WEEKS ago! Too much time is spent on yet another rich kid who was rebellious and cared little for life or anyone else, then goes away to an island and is trying to come back and gain redemption by fighting crime. This tale has been told TOO many times and it's insulting. Give us a rest CW. Save the drama for the daytime soap operas. Expand
  5. Oct 27, 2012
    I'm sure, this show works for a specific target audience, many of them being into the comic. I, however, gave up after two episodes. Fighting with a bow against a small army with machine guns and not getting a scratch is ludicrous. Being stranded on a lost island makes a regular guy a fighting machine and a skilled archer? Please! An arrow with a memory chip sucking data through the wall onto the chip? Come ON!
    The B-Plot with Arrow's mother plotting things behind his back seems run of the mill to me. Too many plot holes and it requires too much suspension of disbelieve on my side. Thanks, but no thanks.
  6. Oct 13, 2012
    Batman dressed like Robin Hood, how original.. The story is cheesy and the character is very one dimensional.
    But maybe that's ok for the 12 year old among us.
  7. Nov 14, 2012
    Yeah, I just couldn't get into the show. I gave it 3 episodes and it just wasn't that good. The lead actor isn't that good, The characters are incredibly generic, the "villains" are terrible, and there are so many pathetic and pointless twists and turns that they just seemed added in order to add interested thus making you keep watching to see what happens. Imagine Nolen's batman films but poorly executed for television and that's what this show is. Expand
  8. Nov 28, 2012
    While I certainly have a bias as a strong Green Arrow fan, I can easily say that Arrow is objectively poor in quality. The writing has no real pacing, the dialogue feels insincere and random, and all characters are either constantly flip-flopping in personality for the sake of drama or have no personality at all. Stephen Amell seems unable to portray any real emotion beyond his vocal tone, and Thea seems to be unable to decide whether she wants to get closer to Ollie, or distance herself as much as possible.

This very much feels like an attempt to reap the profit of the Nolan Batman series without any of the effort. The plot is completely centered around dark, Batman-like tones, and spontaneous drama that is highly irrelevant. It's as if the creators wanted to make a Batman story, but had to use Green Arrow as the character. Overall, it's poorly written, poorly acted, and whatever brief moments of strength exist are quickly passed over.
  9. Dec 24, 2012
    Cheese cliche dialogue...cheesy chiseled chin male model actors in the lead roles - hell even the bad guys are Zoolanders. Found it very hard to sit through more than 20 minutes at a time. Yet another comic book given a poor update.
  10. Jan 22, 2013
    I was one of those who gave the show about 5 episodes to give it a chance. This show in my opinion has some poor castings, the lead actor does seems good, but the female support cast is weak. The scripts do not seem fluid enoug and when the cast is interacting with each other I am thinking to myself, "who the hell says stuff like that" The CW is trying really hard to target some audience with this show, but I have no idea who the hell it is. It is not comic fans for sure. Expand
  11. Dec 10, 2012
    The acting is so very bad. How many more superhero concepts can The CW ruin? The first episode was entertaining, but it has been all downhill from there.
  12. Feb 16, 2013
    Ok so I just watched the first season and the show has its moments of goodness. However the good parts are so rare to find it’s hard to sit through. I thought since the comic is like super good and the girls are really cute why not right. But after watching the show I am pretty bummed out. The characters are pretty lame and one-dimensional, the plot is like trite at best and the fact that the characters go to the one IT girl for all their problems to be solved is just lazy writing. The plot is obvious and full of holes, any way this show is wicked bogus and I would not recommend this to anyone who likes the show or has a decent brain cell in their body. More action, less stupid childish tantrums and starry-eyed general hospital soap opera conversation happening in the foyer is needed. Reddit and /b need to have a field day on this crap.

Fyi $10 says cute it girl becomes black canary
  13. Feb 16, 2013
    What the hell is this garbage the fight scenes are good and the action decent but the one main bad ass black guy who is supposedly ex military is a little the IT girl is apparently some whacked encyclopaedia of knowledge and there is more romance BS and teen melodrama than storyline. I wouldn't wipe my black ass with the script these hacked up writers made. I swear to god if I wanted to watch a poorly written romantic comedy I would see sex in the city or vampire diaries with my girl. This show is mad FAAAAIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLL yo. Expand
  14. Sep 21, 2013
    There is a tremendous amount of glitz in this show. Stephen Amell is picture perfect. Unfortunately, it is pretty much like an 8x10 glossy: very pretty to look at and paper thin. The characters are two-dimensional and trite. The acting is worse and the script is about a stupid as it gets. Even Stephen Amell, as beautiful as he is, can't make this sow's ear into a anything but a sow's ear. May it do us all a favor and rest in peace. Expand
  15. Mar 1, 2013
    they need to stick closer to the comic book series to make this show a success, leave out all this other stuff that way they might attract a much larger audience
  16. May 5, 2013
    Arrow's plot is so dull and repetitive I don't even need to mention how generic both the gunfights and the conversations between characters are. It took me 8 episodes to notice how every one of them are mostly the same with some alterations here and there.

Gave it a 3 because the scenes on the island are somewhat appealing, but for the most part it's obviously noticeable the series is
    pretty cheap. Expand
  17. Jul 4, 2014
    This is the worst TV series i ever seen, its so stupid that i cant understand how it can be so stupid. I remember one episode when he killed one man all guards so he could take him to the prison... or how blind you have to be to not notice that Oliver is Arrow? Hes from the island, same as Sara and her parents knows shes the vigilanty.. So 1+1 = 2... It's just completly out of sense drama for teen agers or who wants to watch tv without thinking much. Expand
  18. Apr 3, 2014
    People are correct in reviews below that state the show is totally farcical with bullets not even hitting him. That being said, I am a sucker for superheroes so I watch the show most of the time. Season 1 was definitely more solid than season 2, the show has now regressed. A big reason for that is the introduction of Sarah Lance, who's acting is awful. It also insults viewers intelligence where they expect you to believe that Sarah's own sister Laurel wouldn't recognize her when she saves her from bad guys, cuz she has a little mask covering her eyes! Come on, all you have to do is look at that butthole on her chin to know its Sarah. Weak! Expand
  19. Apr 28, 2014
    I HATE SARAH. They need to kick her off. I saw the latest episode where she leaves, and everyone in my household was happy about it (more than 15 living here.) BTW WE ARE NOT MEXICANS, Just a big family. And Felicity and Oliver need to get together, they have great chemistry!!!!!
  20. Jul 13, 2014
    Season 2 is really picking up and getting significantly better. I think the CW is finally starting to get that what drives us to a show is content not, subtle marketing tactics or shirtless boys that make the girls swoon. Yes there are still some dumb immature moments and blatant batman like rip offs to drive up ratings. However things seem to be improving for the better. Lets hope that the CW doesn't backslide. Expand
  21. Jul 15, 2014
    Arrow is just simply bad. I watched nearly all the episodes of season one and looking back i wonder why I even bothered. There were 23 episodes for season one but it could have been edited to only 5. Terrible characters, lame plot, and cheap action scenes make this show a wast of time. The only reason I watched it was because of Deathstroke and at least the parts with him were watchable.
  22. Jul 9, 2014
    dumber version of batman. just dumb and **** doesn't necessarily means bad. i am sure there are millions of fans out there. i just don't like it. the script. the acting. could be done a lot better.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 12, 2012
    The CW's best show since Gossip Girl.... it has a forthright narrative seriousness, a respect for the gobbledy-gook that makes up any superhero's backstory--and a game cast performing with the correct degree of seriousness. [19 Nov 2012, p.35]
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Oct 23, 2012
    Your interest in Arrow depends on how much you miss the troubled-in-love, conflicted-by-family heroics of Smallville--it mirrors that series' setup.
  3. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    Oct 10, 2012
    This slick action-drama is based on the comic book superhero Green Arrow. Prepare to quiver.