• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 10, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
8.2

1. Aug 10, 2014
    Would i say this is an entertaining show? Hell yes. It is. But is it worth "Universal acclaim"? Far from it. Not only is the dialogue terribly bland and flat, some of the actors on the show have the worst delivery i've seen. Every episode has the same elements: Oliver being this grieved and tortured soldier, uses his 5 years on the island as an excuse for his behavior, argues with a family member or close friend- the friend will say "I wish you died on that island" and they will apologize before the episode is over saying they're sorry for saying that. In addition, i feel they should have stuck to the source material for Oliver Queen's character instead of blatantly ripping off Bruce Wayne. The threatening "Hood" approach just doesn't work and comes across as laughable. With that being said, its not terrible. Expand
  2. Jul 22, 2014
    Man this one is a hard one to rate. Its not the smartest show on the block and certainly not the most interesting. In fact, it can be incredibly bland and cliche that it borders ridiculous at times. Yet, I continue to watch it because it has the *potential* to be great. Season 2 was better than S1, but its still so far from perfect. My biggest complaint about the series though is its incredibly dumb characters. Even Oliver can be incredibly stupid at times and theres no reasoning behind it. In one episode, he is losing it over how his partner doesnt trust him with certain information, yet in the very next episode the exact same situation is reversed and he cant see what he's doing wrong. Its lazy writing. You WILL find yourself yelling at characters on screen because their stupidity is only placement for plot points and to drag certain story arc's out. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence some characters refuse to accept certain things that would otherwise change their mind until the season is almost at a close or the story arc is finished. I'm hoping S3 will be a lot better. Expand
  3. Jul 21, 2014
    DC comics are is the best comic company in the world and with this release of Arrow it gladly stabilises it the show is so good at portraying a man on a mission at making him seem oblivious to his families problems and only concentrates at the task at hand. The CW have done an amazing job of bringing green arrow to life and I hope they keep this up
  4. Jul 20, 2014
    "Arrow" builds its story from scratch and that's both a good and a bad thing. Bad because the growing pains won't heal until episode 15 and good because once the growing pains are gone, "Arrow" is surprisingly fun and entertaining show to watch.
  5. Jul 18, 2014
    The show is absolutely awesome.Got a great cast and premise and is very dark in a chris nolan kind of way .Hopefully since there are spinning of flash and introducing superpowers in the mix they don't make it cartoonist. A la fantastic four movie
  6. Jul 15, 2014
    Arrow is just simply bad. I watched nearly all the episodes of season one and looking back i wonder why I even bothered. There were 23 episodes for season one but it could have been edited to only 5. Terrible characters, lame plot, and cheap action scenes make this show a wast of time. The only reason I watched it was because of Deathstroke and at least the parts with him were watchable.
  7. Jul 13, 2014
    Season 2 is really picking up and getting significantly better. I think the CW is finally starting to get that what drives us to a show is content not, subtle marketing tactics or shirtless boys that make the girls swoon. Yes there are still some dumb immature moments and blatant batman like rip offs to drive up ratings. However things seem to be improving for the better. Lets hope that the CW doesn't backslide. Expand
  8. Jul 10, 2014
    An entertaining show full of intriguing characters and amazing action sequences. I found myself counting the days until the next episode. By far the best show the CW has put out in years, if not ever.
  9. Jul 9, 2014
    dumber version of batman. just dumb and **** doesn't necessarily means bad. i am sure there are millions of fans out there. i just don't like it. the script. the acting. could be done a lot better.
  10. Jul 4, 2014
    This is the worst TV series i ever seen, its so stupid that i cant understand how it can be so stupid. I remember one episode when he killed one man all guards so he could take him to the prison... or how blind you have to be to not notice that Oliver is Arrow? Hes from the island, same as Sara and her parents knows shes the vigilanty.. So 1+1 = 2... It's just completly out of sense drama for teen agers or who wants to watch tv without thinking much. Expand
  11. Jun 3, 2014
    I really like this serial and i strongly recomand it..The story in my opinion is pretty good but always can be better .Hope 3rd season will come soon.
  12. May 12, 2014
    When I first heard about this show, I said "A show based on the Green Arrow? Could be interesting." So when I finished the first season I was very satisfied. This show is very entertaining to watch, It may have a s**t ton of drama bombs which eventually just get hilarious and there are a lot of pop culture songs which may please you but I'm not a huge fan of. The best part was the fighting in my opinion, They are very well shot and can be exciting to watch. In conclusion, Arrow is the CW's best show in my opinion, and I hope lots of people watch it. Expand
  13. Apr 28, 2014
    I HATE SARAH. They need to kick her off. I saw the latest episode where she leaves, and everyone in my household was happy about it (more than 15 living here.) BTW WE ARE NOT MEXICANS, Just a big family. And Felicity and Oliver need to get together, they have great chemistry!!!!!
  14. Apr 22, 2014
    When i saw the first 3 episodes, i thought this show was amazing. Then, the story became boring and repetitive. If you're looking for something to blow you away, then watch another series.
  15. Apr 21, 2014
    A brilliant first season with resemblance to that of Christopher Nolan's 'Batman Begins.' The enemies having accuracy of stormtroopers can be ignored due to a gripping story filled with brilliant characters. John Barrowman's performance I found to be a major highlight of the series. The shows beginning, although good enough, falls in comparison to the rest of the season as it takes a few episodes before the cast and crew really get a clear understanding of how to best present this otherwise fantastic show. Expand
  16. Apr 7, 2014
    I enjoyed everything in this season and I going to watch season 2 when I can, it is an enjoyable experience that anyone will enjoy and get a kick out of watching. I hope they don't ruin the series and that the next one is just as good
  17. Apr 3, 2014
    People are correct in reviews below that state the show is totally farcical with bullets not even hitting him. That being said, I am a sucker for superheroes so I watch the show most of the time. Season 1 was definitely more solid than season 2, the show has now regressed. A big reason for that is the introduction of Sarah Lance, who's acting is awful. It also insults viewers intelligence where they expect you to believe that Sarah's own sister Laurel wouldn't recognize her when she saves her from bad guys, cuz she has a little mask covering her eyes! Come on, all you have to do is look at that butthole on her chin to know its Sarah. Weak! Expand
  18. Mar 31, 2014
    This show is just great! Great characters, story and drama. I really recommend this show it's the best i have ever seen. And i love the mix of superhero and just a normal guy.
  19. Mar 29, 2014
    A great show when there arnt too many filler episodes and when its not too "days of our lives" . Gets a 7/10 just because of the wholly unentertaining soap opera parts that must be there for a target demographic im not part of.
  20. Mar 11, 2014
    Absolute cracker of a show. Great presentation and action scenes and a wide selection of characters. Has dull moments but some match that of game of thrones in intensity. If your on the fence then watch it, good introduction to comics and pays homage and respect to DC lore.
  21. Feb 27, 2014
    Considering Arrow has been made on a TV show budget what they have created is very good. We are use to seeing superheros saved for the big screen with mega CGI and budgets but you won't see either here. The show has a very down to earth feel.

The idea to have both the island story and the return story in the same series is very clever, its almost like having an origin series and the
    original series running at the same time. The issue with having 2 main story arcs is that the series does have a slower pace and may not be for everyone.

The action scenes are very good and there are some appearances by other DC comic characters but thankfully not to many to keep the excitement of seeing new characters fresh. I have seen some of the comments claiming it is unrealistic that he can go through a room of machine gun fire with a bow and arrow and not get hit (episode 1) but this is a superhero show, so what do you expect! He is only human and he does get injured sometimes, but that is like batman, they did the same thing with him and he throws metal boomerangs!

Overall the series was enjoyable, the main story arc kind of finished as quickly as it kicked up a gear at the end of the series but it is definitely worth a shot. I am on season 2 now and that is definitely an improvement so something to look forward to.
  22. Feb 20, 2014
    Absolutely a good show. I get the same feeling like when watching a superhero movie only this is a series that makes it even greater. Oliver Queen suits his role perfect.
  23. Feb 12, 2014
    an action packed and slightly dark version of the DC hero green arrow. it's story telling is great, taking place in both present time, as well as flashbacks to how the main character, oliver queen decided to become green arrow. however no one in the show refers to him as that. he's known as "the hood" . the characters, with some exceptions, are very well done. as well as great action sequences all throughout. Expand
  24. Jan 31, 2014
    I haven't yet seen a single boring episode in this show. Very interesting story and it develops with a nice pace too. Actors play their part pretty damn well i would say. I can warmly recommend this to anyone.
  25. Dec 29, 2013
    Enjoyed the hell out of the arrow, yet despite all the positive effects of the show (obviously the fact that it brings Green Arrow to the big screen with many other great DC cameos) the show is rather off putting due to rather dull, in my opinion HORRIBLE acting (all the characters fell so wooden, s2 acting is ALOT better, i mean Ollie half the time looks like hes got a big stick up his ass or something) this is really my only big gripe and the fact that the marketing for this show made me believe that it was for Teenage girls, its not, it appeals to us guys as well, it just makes u feel embraced that ur watching the show.

Overall i really enjoyed the arrow, only having 2 big gripes i still believe that it is enjoyable and that the writing is very well done, on most eps.
    overall I recommend sitting down and watching the Arrow: 7/10, is good, not great, the 2 gripes really got in the way of my enjoyment
  26. Dec 25, 2013
    It's a well done series yeah. Actually it's better than I expected. And it's much more darker than I thought. It has flaws and bad things, but mainly it's a great show. Shoot the next season Green Arrow!
  27. Nov 29, 2013
    The Best Sci-fi Action Thriller........................................................................................................................
  28. Nov 26, 2013
    I had no idea what to expect going in. While I am a comic book fan, Green Arrow was never one I followed. This show has made me regret not doing so. In many ways Arrow reminds me allot of Smallville, just with a darker tone. Nice to have a superhero that doesn't mind getting his hands dirty. My only complaint is all the posing Stephen Amell does. Clearly every shot with his shirt off is there to rope in the female demographic and was almost as shameless in doing so as Twilight's Taylor Lautner. Still Shirtlessness aside, I like the show.

Overall:
    I really hope this series has a long future ahead of it and look forward to future seasons.

Side Note:
    While I get the series is taking some cues from Nolan's Batman, I wouldn't mind a little bit of a supernatural flair.
  29. Nov 23, 2013
    At the beginning of season 1 i thought it sucked badly but it got a lot better quickly and i got really hocked on it. Now its a must see for me every week
  30. Nov 13, 2013
    I like big Hollywood comic book movies, but they should all be ashamed on the amount of money they spend on production compared to what this show accomplished in it's finale. It was phenomenal.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 12, 2012
    The CW's best show since Gossip Girl.... it has a forthright narrative seriousness, a respect for the gobbledy-gook that makes up any superhero's backstory--and a game cast performing with the correct degree of seriousness. [19 Nov 2012, p.35]
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Oct 23, 2012
    Your interest in Arrow depends on how much you miss the troubled-in-love, conflicted-by-family heroics of Smallville--it mirrors that series' setup.
  3. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    Oct 10, 2012
    This slick action-drama is based on the comic book superhero Green Arrow. Prepare to quiver.