• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 10, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
8.2

1. Jan 24, 2015
    Swooowsh !!!.Here comes the ARROW !!!.The series is having a very gripping story line. The flashback story-telling is particularly very interesting (used best it could have been). What could have been a superhero story where good characters fight the bad guys, Arrow gives you something to look up to. The stories revolve around 'Oliver in the past with a particular event' and how it definesSwooowsh !!!.Here comes the ARROW !!!.The series is having a very gripping story line. The flashback story-telling is particularly very interesting (used best it could have been). What could have been a superhero story where good characters fight the bad guys, Arrow gives you something to look up to. The stories revolve around 'Oliver in the past with a particular event' and how it defines Arrow/Oliver 's decision in present which is the most fascinating..The fight sequences are very good seeing that it is a TV show. Stephen Amell is very good as Arrow and Oliver. He seems to have the depth in his understanding of the character Arrow. Felicity is very convincing with her fast paced dialogues and of course with her smile. Diggle, Roy, Lance have done a very good job as well. To me it is almost like a movie being shown in parts, with every portion explained - Well done Team Arrow !! Expand
  2. Jan 23, 2015
    A misogynistic egotistical Tarzan's emotional make up is pursued most vigorously, more than any crimes or villains. Straining this series into meeting its Brady's every week. To the point of it failing, seen as recruiting half of city into his self sense of vigilantism, instead of simply letting Hulk Smash.

If I watch any alternate universe like Dread. I don't want to see a team of

If I watch any alternate universe like Dread. I don't want to see a team of judges doing CSI. I want to see all that superhero alien fallout criminal action. I certainly don't care who robin's girlfriend is, why she won't have his babies, making more little vigilantes, or why every cuckoo is in that nest, and who the real rooster is, if only he could remember why they weren't dead.

Shown as here as little action, seen as intolerably fake people being so intolerably super fake in its weekly soap opera.

I watch a show because it meets my demands. If I watch any superhero I want to see hulk smash for the majority of any air time aired. There are plenty of shows that do this currently and so much better even within their teams, etc etc, but they don't suffer from the same amount of nonsense every episode. Constantly plagued on why that Hulk is actually Dr jekll, Mrs hyde. Even more so with the rest of his band of misfits, their babies, alcoholism, addictions, mommy, daddy, boyfriend, girlfriend, brother, sister, pizza party, dilemma's.

This show really doesn't cut it within it's labelled genre, shown as 10 minutes of action too 30 minutes of garbage.. Prolonging all content aired to end degrees, shown as seeing some Crim a supposed "mastermind" getting one shot. After all "nuclear" reasoning behind why these fakes were ever needed.

Also such a drag that as nobody dies, they will always keep coming back creating more simplistic error as they pop into episodes later. Carrying with them all their other baggage around every episode. While constantly being plagued with amnesia of why there was never any start to this fragmented story.

If you are some kind of 12-15 year old, who watches neighbours with your girlfriends family then this certainly is the right show for you. Watch out vigilantism!!
  3. Jan 18, 2015
    Arrow was one of the best TV series I have ever watch
    i mean the story line , the villains , it even tells you about origins of super-villains in future dc comics or shows
    If you are a DC fan or just wanting to watch something to past time
    THIS IS THE BEST SHOW I COULD RECOMMEND besides the flash
  4. Jan 14, 2015
    Having moved away from its Dark Knight feel, "Arrow" simply gets better and better with each season. Gone are the concerns about keeping the flashbacks going, in comes deeper characterisation and more interesting villains. Well played by the cast and a series that's first on the weekly list to watch.
  5. Jan 12, 2015
    The show should be going well, but is suffering from dumbed down text. Everyone seems to be haunted with an eternal guilt, every character is always beating him(her)self over a debt of honor even over the smallest issues, most of the time it was not their fault. Some bad guy threatens two dear people to the hero, and a whole plot develops about his guilt of being unable to be in two placesThe show should be going well, but is suffering from dumbed down text. Everyone seems to be haunted with an eternal guilt, every character is always beating him(her)self over a debt of honor even over the smallest issues, most of the time it was not their fault. Some bad guy threatens two dear people to the hero, and a whole plot develops about his guilt of being unable to be in two places at the same time to save both people,
    after the bad guy kills one of them. NOBODY seems to blame the bad guy!!! The show had it all to be great, and it's being seriously dumbed down. For instance, Gotham is telling great stories without suffering from this dumb writing that already made me give up watching Flash.
  6. Dec 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Me-surpreendeu, pois não esperava algo tão bom, principalmente para uma primeira temporada, mas aqui estamos já na terceira temporada e cada vez melhor! Não é a toa que está fazendo em grande sucesso. Parabéns pessoal da (The CW). Expand
  7. Dec 23, 2014
    Despite my disregard for most of DC Comics’ products, I was expecting something out of this TV show, and surprisingly enough, it was actually a well put together show. Some episodes were more rewarding than the others, but what it counts, is the average rating of all them. Let me start pointing out that I simply loved Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen. He kinda looks like Bruce Wayne inDespite my disregard for most of DC Comics’ products, I was expecting something out of this TV show, and surprisingly enough, it was actually a well put together show. Some episodes were more rewarding than the others, but what it counts, is the average rating of all them. Let me start pointing out that I simply loved Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen. He kinda looks like Bruce Wayne in Nolan’s trilogy, to be honest. The rest of the cast is solid, and what it’s more satisfying is that they portray richly intriguing characters. Example: Slade Wilson (aka Deathstroke). You only see him through flashbacks and believe me, this show partly focuses on events that happened on the island, and they’re pretty interesting. Once the story unfolds, the show starts presenting new characters, and new subplots. Before I start analyzing this series, let’s see the plot summary below.

Oliver Queen and his father are lost at sea when their luxury yacht sinks, apparently in a storm. His father dies, but Oliver survives for five years on an uncharted island and eventually returns home. But he wasn't alone on the island where he learned not only how to fight and survive but also of his father's corruption and unscrupulous business dealings. He returns to civilization a changed man, determined to put things right. He disguises himself with the hood of one of his mysterious island mentors, arms himself with a bow and sets about hunting down the men and women who have corrupted his city.

The first issue I had with the first episode, the “Pilot” episode is that it relied on so many flashbacks and it was too damn that rushed that ultimately felt like an expository installment. Thankfully, the show improved, and kept showing more and more interesting characters. One of my favorite characters in this show is, of course, Oliver Queen himself. The character (played by Stephen Amell) is a playboy millionaire who once seemed like a nice guy until he cheats Laurel (his love interest) with her sister Sarah on a boat trip. Unfortunately, the boat just happens to be sabotaged and Sarah dies, along with Queen’s father, Robert, who kills himself to challenge his son: He needs to survive on the island. This story seems rather captivating, but it's weighed down by a somewhat questionable dialogue. Luckily, for the show, the performances are excellent. Not only from Amell, but for its supporting cast. Moira Queen, Oliver’s mother, is a selfish woman whose purposes are still unknown, and Malcom is the father of Tommy, Oliver’s best friend. Another thing that I didn’t like that much is Arrow’s little screen time in some episodes. Yes, I know that the episodes have to be short and there’s a story to tell, but good God, at least give the Hood a chance to shine even more.

When Arrow shows up, however, is awesome. The action sequences suffer from some shaky cams, but they are well choreographed and intense. The final battle in the last episode was nothing special, though. They focused more on the Glades’ destruction. As I was saying, the battle scenes are short just like Arrow’s screen time but they are very well served.

Final Score to Arrow (Season 1): 7.5/10. This is a solidly entertaining super-hero TV show that not only benefits from its strong cast but also benefits from great action scenes, even if the dialogue could use some work. If you’re a fan of Arrow or even super-heroes in general, you won’t pass this out. I’m sure of it.
  8. Dec 19, 2014
    I agree that this show is far from being realistic, especially the bullets never hit him. This being said, I watch it with my girlfriend and we like the story, the cast and the fights. It's a good simple and fun show to watch.
  9. Nov 10, 2014
    Season 1 of Arrow is polarizing with a lot of strong episodes countered by a lot of weak ones. This show tries too be different from other shows, but with its similarity to Nolan's stellar Batman franchise + CW's forced love triangles, it just feels unoriginal. The flashbacks are far more interesting than the Starling City plot too. The season starts of episodic and boring but ends on aSeason 1 of Arrow is polarizing with a lot of strong episodes countered by a lot of weak ones. This show tries too be different from other shows, but with its similarity to Nolan's stellar Batman franchise + CW's forced love triangles, it just feels unoriginal. The flashbacks are far more interesting than the Starling City plot too. The season starts of episodic and boring but ends on a string of powerful episodes that sets up decently for Season 2. Expand
  10. Oct 19, 2014
    A Great CW show with a lot of good villains and story arcs, a bit similar to Batman in some ways but still worth a watch. The show is in season three and might take you a while to catch up but it's worth it
  11. Oct 16, 2014
    The last few episodes of this season were amazingly intense.
    The progress of the plot was...... wow. This is what actually made Arrow the best show CW has had in years, save Flash (for later!)
  12. Sep 26, 2014
    HONESTLY this season started off as a crap CW romance show with a DC comics character, with more "action" then well the fighting kind of action. But then Slade Wilson appeared on the island and the show went up hill from there. The season finale was brilliant. HONESTLY it redeemed itself in the later half.
  13. Sep 26, 2014
    AWESOME AND AWESOME such a realistic approach to a superhero show and superb acting and action sequences make this show a must watch Stephen Amell Caity lolz are awesome as Arrow And Canary recommended show hope this show goes on forever :)
  14. Sep 25, 2014
  15. Aug 10, 2014
    Would i say this is an entertaining show? Hell yes. It is. But is it worth "Universal acclaim"? Far from it. Not only is the dialogue terribly bland and flat, some of the actors on the show have the worst delivery i've seen. Every episode has the same elements: Oliver being this grieved and tortured soldier, uses his 5 years on the island as an excuse for his behavior, argues with a familyWould i say this is an entertaining show? Hell yes. It is. But is it worth "Universal acclaim"? Far from it. Not only is the dialogue terribly bland and flat, some of the actors on the show have the worst delivery i've seen. Every episode has the same elements: Oliver being this grieved and tortured soldier, uses his 5 years on the island as an excuse for his behavior, argues with a family member or close friend- the friend will say "I wish you died on that island" and they will apologize before the episode is over saying they're sorry for saying that. In addition, i feel they should have stuck to the source material for Oliver Queen's character instead of blatantly ripping off Bruce Wayne. The threatening "Hood" approach just doesn't work and comes across as laughable. With that being said, its not terrible. Expand
  16. Jul 22, 2014
    Man this one is a hard one to rate. Its not the smartest show on the block and certainly not the most interesting. In fact, it can be incredibly bland and cliche that it borders ridiculous at times. Yet, I continue to watch it because it has the *potential* to be great. Season 2 was better than S1, but its still so far from perfect. My biggest complaint about the series though is itsMan this one is a hard one to rate. Its not the smartest show on the block and certainly not the most interesting. In fact, it can be incredibly bland and cliche that it borders ridiculous at times. Yet, I continue to watch it because it has the *potential* to be great. Season 2 was better than S1, but its still so far from perfect. My biggest complaint about the series though is its incredibly dumb characters. Even Oliver can be incredibly stupid at times and theres no reasoning behind it. In one episode, he is losing it over how his partner doesnt trust him with certain information, yet in the very next episode the exact same situation is reversed and he cant see what he's doing wrong. Its lazy writing. You WILL find yourself yelling at characters on screen because their stupidity is only placement for plot points and to drag certain story arc's out. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence some characters refuse to accept certain things that would otherwise change their mind until the season is almost at a close or the story arc is finished. I'm hoping S3 will be a lot better. Expand
  17. Jul 21, 2014
    DC comics are is the best comic company in the world and with this release of Arrow it gladly stabilises it the show is so good at portraying a man on a mission at making him seem oblivious to his families problems and only concentrates at the task at hand. The CW have done an amazing job of bringing green arrow to life and I hope they keep this up
  18. Jul 20, 2014
    "Arrow" builds its story from scratch and that's both a good and a bad thing. Bad because the growing pains won't heal until episode 15 and good because once the growing pains are gone, "Arrow" is surprisingly fun and entertaining show to watch.
  19. Jul 18, 2014
    The show is absolutely awesome.Got a great cast and premise and is very dark in a chris nolan kind of way .Hopefully since there are spinning of flash and introducing superpowers in the mix they don't make it cartoonist. A la fantastic four movie
  20. Jul 15, 2014
    Arrow is just simply bad. I watched nearly all the episodes of season one and looking back i wonder why I even bothered. There were 23 episodes for season one but it could have been edited to only 5. Terrible characters, lame plot, and cheap action scenes make this show a wast of time. The only reason I watched it was because of Deathstroke and at least the parts with him were watchable.
  21. Jul 13, 2014
    Season 2 is really picking up and getting significantly better. I think the CW is finally starting to get that what drives us to a show is content not, subtle marketing tactics or shirtless boys that make the girls swoon. Yes there are still some dumb immature moments and blatant batman like rip offs to drive up ratings. However things seem to be improving for the better. Lets hope thatSeason 2 is really picking up and getting significantly better. I think the CW is finally starting to get that what drives us to a show is content not, subtle marketing tactics or shirtless boys that make the girls swoon. Yes there are still some dumb immature moments and blatant batman like rip offs to drive up ratings. However things seem to be improving for the better. Lets hope that the CW doesn't backslide. Expand
  22. Jul 10, 2014
    An entertaining show full of intriguing characters and amazing action sequences. I found myself counting the days until the next episode. By far the best show the CW has put out in years, if not ever.
  23. Jul 9, 2014
    dumber version of batman. just dumb and **** doesn't necessarily means bad. i am sure there are millions of fans out there. i just don't like it. the script. the acting. could be done a lot better.
  24. Jul 4, 2014
    This is the worst TV series i ever seen, its so stupid that i cant understand how it can be so stupid. I remember one episode when he killed one man all guards so he could take him to the prison... or how blind you have to be to not notice that Oliver is Arrow? Hes from the island, same as Sara and her parents knows shes the vigilanty.. So 1+1 = 2... It's just completly out of sense dramaThis is the worst TV series i ever seen, its so stupid that i cant understand how it can be so stupid. I remember one episode when he killed one man all guards so he could take him to the prison... or how blind you have to be to not notice that Oliver is Arrow? Hes from the island, same as Sara and her parents knows shes the vigilanty.. So 1+1 = 2... It's just completly out of sense drama for teen agers or who wants to watch tv without thinking much. Expand
  25. Jun 3, 2014
    I really like this serial and i strongly recomand it..The story in my opinion is pretty good but always can be better .Hope 3rd season will come soon.
  26. May 12, 2014
    When I first heard about this show, I said "A show based on the Green Arrow? Could be interesting." So when I finished the first season I was very satisfied. This show is very entertaining to watch, It may have a s**t ton of drama bombs which eventually just get hilarious and there are a lot of pop culture songs which may please you but I'm not a huge fan of. The best part was the fightingWhen I first heard about this show, I said "A show based on the Green Arrow? Could be interesting." So when I finished the first season I was very satisfied. This show is very entertaining to watch, It may have a s**t ton of drama bombs which eventually just get hilarious and there are a lot of pop culture songs which may please you but I'm not a huge fan of. The best part was the fighting in my opinion, They are very well shot and can be exciting to watch. In conclusion, Arrow is the CW's best show in my opinion, and I hope lots of people watch it. Expand
  27. Apr 28, 2014
    I HATE SARAH. They need to kick her off. I saw the latest episode where she leaves, and everyone in my household was happy about it (more than 15 living here.) BTW WE ARE NOT MEXICANS, Just a big family. And Felicity and Oliver need to get together, they have great chemistry!!!!!
  28. Apr 22, 2014
    When i saw the first 3 episodes, i thought this show was amazing. Then, the story became boring and repetitive. If you're looking for something to blow you away, then watch another series.
  29. Apr 21, 2014
    A brilliant first season with resemblance to that of Christopher Nolan's 'Batman Begins.' The enemies having accuracy of stormtroopers can be ignored due to a gripping story filled with brilliant characters. John Barrowman's performance I found to be a major highlight of the series. The shows beginning, although good enough, falls in comparison to the rest of the season as it takes a fewA brilliant first season with resemblance to that of Christopher Nolan's 'Batman Begins.' The enemies having accuracy of stormtroopers can be ignored due to a gripping story filled with brilliant characters. John Barrowman's performance I found to be a major highlight of the series. The shows beginning, although good enough, falls in comparison to the rest of the season as it takes a few episodes before the cast and crew really get a clear understanding of how to best present this otherwise fantastic show. Expand
  30. Apr 7, 2014
    I enjoyed everything in this season and I going to watch season 2 when I can, it is an enjoyable experience that anyone will enjoy and get a kick out of watching. I hope they don't ruin the series and that the next one is just as good

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 12, 2012
    The CW's best show since Gossip Girl.... it has a forthright narrative seriousness, a respect for the gobbledy-gook that makes up any superhero's backstory--and a game cast performing with the correct degree of seriousness. [19 Nov 2012, p.35]
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Oct 23, 2012
    Your interest in Arrow depends on how much you miss the troubled-in-love, conflicted-by-family heroics of Smallville--it mirrors that series' setup.
  3. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    Oct 10, 2012
    This slick action-drama is based on the comic book superhero Green Arrow. Prepare to quiver.