• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 10, 2012
Season #: 1, 2, 3
8.2

1. Jul 27, 2015
    All Arrow seasons are at least great, this is a very good TV show and I recommend to every one who likes TV series and Heroes.
    This is the rating for each seasons to this point:
    season 1: 8
    season 2: 10
    season 3: 9
  2. Jun 16, 2015
    An epic and gritty take on The Green Arrow, this show draws a lot of inspiration from The Dark Knight trilogy. Brining to life many of your iconic and favorite heroes and villains such as Deathstroke, Malcolm Merlyn, Count Vertigo, The Huntress, The Atom, Speedy, Deadshot, The Suicide Squad, and so many more. Filled with gripping action, suspense, mystery, some comedy, and plenty of DCAn epic and gritty take on The Green Arrow, this show draws a lot of inspiration from The Dark Knight trilogy. Brining to life many of your iconic and favorite heroes and villains such as Deathstroke, Malcolm Merlyn, Count Vertigo, The Huntress, The Atom, Speedy, Deadshot, The Suicide Squad, and so many more. Filled with gripping action, suspense, mystery, some comedy, and plenty of DC lore, this is a show recommended for DC fan boys! And don't forget to check out its little sister spin-off, The Flash! Expand
  3. May 28, 2015
    The first season of Arrow was great. it offered interesting characters, with a very powerful story of a man who's experiences on an island change his life. The writing is really good, but it is re-hashed for most of the series. But the formula is good, so it works for the most part. Other than the killing, the character of the Green Arrow is very faithful. And he is very well acted. TheyThe first season of Arrow was great. it offered interesting characters, with a very powerful story of a man who's experiences on an island change his life. The writing is really good, but it is re-hashed for most of the series. But the formula is good, so it works for the most part. Other than the killing, the character of the Green Arrow is very faithful. And he is very well acted. They try to turn him into Batman, but there are enough new ideas here to keep it fresh. A very good start to the series. Expand
  4. May 24, 2015
    After searching for an action packed TV series for a while, I cam across Arrow. I had my reservations to begin with as it did not sound like something I would normally watch. I'll tell you now, it's no Game of Thrones but it stands alone with its own entirety. Everyone says it, but there is never a dull moment. Berlanti, the writer of the series, combines violence and action neatly with aAfter searching for an action packed TV series for a while, I cam across Arrow. I had my reservations to begin with as it did not sound like something I would normally watch. I'll tell you now, it's no Game of Thrones but it stands alone with its own entirety. Everyone says it, but there is never a dull moment. Berlanti, the writer of the series, combines violence and action neatly with a unique story which intertwines with other series. The sign of a good action series is when it inspires you to tone your body to resemble to protagonist and since starting this series I have been intent on becoming like Oliver Queen! Expand
  5. May 15, 2015
    Good show Good fight scenes and getting better each season.Can't wait for Season 4 as it should be a good one going by the why there getting better, each season brings its own bad guy.
  6. May 14, 2015
    So, I thought I would laugh and point at the latest comic book TV series (not even a movie haha!) and I was totally rebuffed by the performance of Stephen Amell. He has completely made his careerr in this series. An amazing performance and cast.

Felicity Smoak is a great character also, played by Emily Rickards and she does a great job with it. I'm giving it a 9/10 for the

I'm giving it a 9/10 for the performances alone.
  7. Apr 23, 2015
    Started off poorly but has quickly become one of my favorite shows to watch. I've grind watched this season rather quickly and can't wait to jump into season 2.
  8. Mar 25, 2015
    I think this show will appeal mainly to American audiences in the 12 to 24 bracket. I wanted to like it, have watched season 1 and part of season 2, with quite a bit of fast forwarding, but cannot like it. I have no empathy with the main character, every female except his mother instantly falls for his chiseled features and moody demeanour, not his billionaire status. He has all theI think this show will appeal mainly to American audiences in the 12 to 24 bracket. I wanted to like it, have watched season 1 and part of season 2, with quite a bit of fast forwarding, but cannot like it. I have no empathy with the main character, every female except his mother instantly falls for his chiseled features and moody demeanour, not his billionaire status. He has all the personality of a haddock. The women in the show belong on some 1980s daytime soap as does much of the dialogue.

Regarding the action, I have no problem suspending my disbelief, but I will not shoot myself in the common sense to do so! I can accept superman being hit by bullets to no effect, the Flash dodging them, The Hulk smashing them but a chiseled model with no superpowers other than shed loads of money dodging close range submachine gun fire, too far, too much and it dumbs down what should be fun action. The fact that people actually do die I give a point or two for, as it does show an underlying desire not to glamourise violence.

Dark and moody I don't mind, but confused and dreary is what this is.
    The plot lines are either obvious to the point of needing to vomit with boredom, or forced and convoluted making me grab for the fast forwards.

Over all a shallow dumbed down insult to the genre. As it is dumbed down no doubt it will draw in commercial success from the younger audiences who have been subjected to a life time of such TV drudgery!

However I like Diggle, strange that a working class white Brit relates better to an Afro-American character than any of the supposedly white-American blue collar characters, says something about the characterisations and scripting. So I will add a couple of points for him.
  9. Feb 23, 2015
    We grow up with different comics on this side of the Atlantic so I'm not as familiar with the DC characters as most. So this was a treat. Nice adaptation. Everyone is hot or handsome which is easy on the eye.

They can act too, especially ,Steven Amell, the lead who is excellent. Some of the supporting cast are a little slight but overall considering the budget this is very good and very addictive.
  10. Feb 19, 2015
    Great first season which just gets better in the second. The action is on par with shows like the walking dead and 24. The acting gets better with every episode.
  11. Jan 31, 2015
    Not great, but not terrible either. There isn't enough going on in Season 1 to justify it's 8.2 user score here. A lot of the time it seems as if the show wants to distance itself from the actual comic book character it's based on. He's called "The Hood" or "The Vigilante" instead of the Green Arrow, which is not only a better name, it's THE name. Imagine The Flash being called "the redNot great, but not terrible either. There isn't enough going on in Season 1 to justify it's 8.2 user score here. A lot of the time it seems as if the show wants to distance itself from the actual comic book character it's based on. He's called "The Hood" or "The Vigilante" instead of the Green Arrow, which is not only a better name, it's THE name. Imagine The Flash being called "the red blur" or "Red spandex guy". Not very catchy is it? I wish they would use more content from the comics and less drawn-out romance scenes that make even Smallville look more gritty. Expand
  12. Jan 24, 2015
    Swooowsh !!!.Here comes the ARROW !!!.The series is having a very gripping story line. The flashback story-telling is particularly very interesting (used best it could have been). What could have been a superhero story where good characters fight the bad guys, Arrow gives you something to look up to. The stories revolve around 'Oliver in the past with a particular event' and how it definesSwooowsh !!!.Here comes the ARROW !!!.The series is having a very gripping story line. The flashback story-telling is particularly very interesting (used best it could have been). What could have been a superhero story where good characters fight the bad guys, Arrow gives you something to look up to. The stories revolve around 'Oliver in the past with a particular event' and how it defines Arrow/Oliver 's decision in present which is the most fascinating..The fight sequences are very good seeing that it is a TV show. Stephen Amell is very good as Arrow and Oliver. He seems to have the depth in his understanding of the character Arrow. Felicity is very convincing with her fast paced dialogues and of course with her smile. Diggle, Roy, Lance have done a very good job as well. To me it is almost like a movie being shown in parts, with every portion explained - Well done Team Arrow !! Expand
  13. Jan 23, 2015
    A misogynistic egotistical Tarzan's emotional make up is pursued most vigorously, more than any crimes or villains. Straining this series into meeting its Brady's every week. To the point of it failing, seen as recruiting half of city into his self sense of vigilantism, instead of simply letting Hulk Smash.

If I watch any alternate universe like Dread. I don't want to see a team of

If I watch any alternate universe like Dread. I don't want to see a team of judges doing CSI. I want to see all that superhero alien fallout criminal action. I certainly don't care who robin's girlfriend is, why she won't have his babies, making more little vigilantes, or why every cuckoo is in that nest, and who the real rooster is, if only he could remember why they weren't dead.

Shown as here as little action, seen as intolerably fake people being so intolerably super fake in its weekly soap opera.

I watch a show because it meets my demands. If I watch any superhero I want to see hulk smash for the majority of any air time aired. There are plenty of shows that do this currently and so much better even within their teams, etc etc, but they don't suffer from the same amount of nonsense every episode. Constantly plagued on why that Hulk is actually Dr jekll, Mrs hyde. Even more so with the rest of his band of misfits, their babies, alcoholism, addictions, mommy, daddy, boyfriend, girlfriend, brother, sister, pizza party, dilemma's.

This show really doesn't cut it within it's labelled genre, shown as 10 minutes of action too 30 minutes of garbage.. Prolonging all content aired to end degrees, shown as seeing some Crim a supposed "mastermind" getting one shot. After all "nuclear" reasoning behind why these fakes were ever needed.

Also such a drag that as nobody dies, they will always keep coming back creating more simplistic error as they pop into episodes later. Carrying with them all their other baggage around every episode. While constantly being plagued with amnesia of why there was never any start to this fragmented story.

If you are some kind of 12-15 year old, who watches neighbours with your girlfriends family then this certainly is the right show for you. Watch out vigilantism!!
  14. Jan 18, 2015
    Arrow was one of the best TV series I have ever watch
    i mean the story line , the villains , it even tells you about origins of super-villains in future dc comics or shows
    If you are a DC fan or just wanting to watch something to past time
    THIS IS THE BEST SHOW I COULD RECOMMEND besides the flash
  15. Jan 14, 2015
    Having moved away from its Dark Knight feel, "Arrow" simply gets better and better with each season. Gone are the concerns about keeping the flashbacks going, in comes deeper characterisation and more interesting villains. Well played by the cast and a series that's first on the weekly list to watch.
  16. Jan 12, 2015
    The show should be going well, but is suffering from dumbed down text. Everyone seems to be haunted with an eternal guilt, every character is always beating him(her)self over a debt of honor even over the smallest issues, most of the time it was not their fault. Some bad guy threatens two dear people to the hero, and a whole plot develops about his guilt of being unable to be in two placesThe show should be going well, but is suffering from dumbed down text. Everyone seems to be haunted with an eternal guilt, every character is always beating him(her)self over a debt of honor even over the smallest issues, most of the time it was not their fault. Some bad guy threatens two dear people to the hero, and a whole plot develops about his guilt of being unable to be in two places at the same time to save both people,
    after the bad guy kills one of them. NOBODY seems to blame the bad guy!!! The show had it all to be great, and it's being seriously dumbed down. For instance, Gotham is telling great stories without suffering from this dumb writing that already made me give up watching Flash.
  17. Dec 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Me-surpreendeu, pois não esperava algo tão bom, principalmente para uma primeira temporada, mas aqui estamos já na terceira temporada e cada vez melhor! Não é a toa que está fazendo em grande sucesso. Parabéns pessoal da (The CW). Expand
  18. Dec 23, 2014
    Despite my disregard for most of DC Comics’ products, I was expecting something out of this TV show, and surprisingly enough, it was actually a well put together show. Some episodes were more rewarding than the others, but what it counts, is the average rating of all them. Let me start pointing out that I simply loved Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen. He kinda looks like Bruce Wayne inDespite my disregard for most of DC Comics’ products, I was expecting something out of this TV show, and surprisingly enough, it was actually a well put together show. Some episodes were more rewarding than the others, but what it counts, is the average rating of all them. Let me start pointing out that I simply loved Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen. He kinda looks like Bruce Wayne in Nolan’s trilogy, to be honest. The rest of the cast is solid, and what it’s more satisfying is that they portray richly intriguing characters. Example: Slade Wilson (aka Deathstroke). You only see him through flashbacks and believe me, this show partly focuses on events that happened on the island, and they’re pretty interesting. Once the story unfolds, the show starts presenting new characters, and new subplots. Before I start analyzing this series, let’s see the plot summary below.

Oliver Queen and his father are lost at sea when their luxury yacht sinks, apparently in a storm. His father dies, but Oliver survives for five years on an uncharted island and eventually returns home. But he wasn't alone on the island where he learned not only how to fight and survive but also of his father's corruption and unscrupulous business dealings. He returns to civilization a changed man, determined to put things right. He disguises himself with the hood of one of his mysterious island mentors, arms himself with a bow and sets about hunting down the men and women who have corrupted his city.

The first issue I had with the first episode, the “Pilot” episode is that it relied on so many flashbacks and it was too damn that rushed that ultimately felt like an expository installment. Thankfully, the show improved, and kept showing more and more interesting characters. One of my favorite characters in this show is, of course, Oliver Queen himself. The character (played by Stephen Amell) is a playboy millionaire who once seemed like a nice guy until he cheats Laurel (his love interest) with her sister Sarah on a boat trip. Unfortunately, the boat just happens to be sabotaged and Sarah dies, along with Queen’s father, Robert, who kills himself to challenge his son: He needs to survive on the island. This story seems rather captivating, but it's weighed down by a somewhat questionable dialogue. Luckily, for the show, the performances are excellent. Not only from Amell, but for its supporting cast. Moira Queen, Oliver’s mother, is a selfish woman whose purposes are still unknown, and Malcom is the father of Tommy, Oliver’s best friend. Another thing that I didn’t like that much is Arrow’s little screen time in some episodes. Yes, I know that the episodes have to be short and there’s a story to tell, but good God, at least give the Hood a chance to shine even more.

When Arrow shows up, however, is awesome. The action sequences suffer from some shaky cams, but they are well choreographed and intense. The final battle in the last episode was nothing special, though. They focused more on the Glades’ destruction. As I was saying, the battle scenes are short just like Arrow’s screen time but they are very well served.

Final Score to Arrow (Season 1): 7.5/10. This is a solidly entertaining super-hero TV show that not only benefits from its strong cast but also benefits from great action scenes, even if the dialogue could use some work. If you’re a fan of Arrow or even super-heroes in general, you won’t pass this out. I’m sure of it.
  19. Dec 19, 2014
    I agree that this show is far from being realistic, especially the bullets never hit him. This being said, I watch it with my girlfriend and we like the story, the cast and the fights. It's a good simple and fun show to watch.
  20. Nov 10, 2014
    Season 1 of Arrow is polarizing with a lot of strong episodes countered by a lot of weak ones. This show tries too be different from other shows, but with its similarity to Nolan's stellar Batman franchise + CW's forced love triangles, it just feels unoriginal. The flashbacks are far more interesting than the Starling City plot too. The season starts of episodic and boring but ends on aSeason 1 of Arrow is polarizing with a lot of strong episodes countered by a lot of weak ones. This show tries too be different from other shows, but with its similarity to Nolan's stellar Batman franchise + CW's forced love triangles, it just feels unoriginal. The flashbacks are far more interesting than the Starling City plot too. The season starts of episodic and boring but ends on a string of powerful episodes that sets up decently for Season 2. Expand
  21. Oct 19, 2014
    A Great CW show with a lot of good villains and story arcs, a bit similar to Batman in some ways but still worth a watch. The show is in season three and might take you a while to catch up but it's worth it
  22. Oct 16, 2014
    The last few episodes of this season were amazingly intense.
    The progress of the plot was...... wow. This is what actually made Arrow the best show CW has had in years, save Flash (for later!)
  23. Sep 26, 2014
    HONESTLY this season started off as a crap CW romance show with a DC comics character, with more "action" then well the fighting kind of action. But then Slade Wilson appeared on the island and the show went up hill from there. The season finale was brilliant. HONESTLY it redeemed itself in the later half.
  24. Sep 26, 2014
    AWESOME AND AWESOME such a realistic approach to a superhero show and superb acting and action sequences make this show a must watch Stephen Amell Caity lolz are awesome as Arrow And Canary recommended show hope this show goes on forever :)
  25. Sep 25, 2014
  26. Aug 10, 2014
    Would i say this is an entertaining show? Hell yes. It is. But is it worth "Universal acclaim"? Far from it. Not only is the dialogue terribly bland and flat, some of the actors on the show have the worst delivery i've seen. Every episode has the same elements: Oliver being this grieved and tortured soldier, uses his 5 years on the island as an excuse for his behavior, argues with a familyWould i say this is an entertaining show? Hell yes. It is. But is it worth "Universal acclaim"? Far from it. Not only is the dialogue terribly bland and flat, some of the actors on the show have the worst delivery i've seen. Every episode has the same elements: Oliver being this grieved and tortured soldier, uses his 5 years on the island as an excuse for his behavior, argues with a family member or close friend- the friend will say "I wish you died on that island" and they will apologize before the episode is over saying they're sorry for saying that. In addition, i feel they should have stuck to the source material for Oliver Queen's character instead of blatantly ripping off Bruce Wayne. The threatening "Hood" approach just doesn't work and comes across as laughable. With that being said, its not terrible. Expand
  27. Jul 22, 2014
    Man this one is a hard one to rate. Its not the smartest show on the block and certainly not the most interesting. In fact, it can be incredibly bland and cliche that it borders ridiculous at times. Yet, I continue to watch it because it has the *potential* to be great. Season 2 was better than S1, but its still so far from perfect. My biggest complaint about the series though is itsMan this one is a hard one to rate. Its not the smartest show on the block and certainly not the most interesting. In fact, it can be incredibly bland and cliche that it borders ridiculous at times. Yet, I continue to watch it because it has the *potential* to be great. Season 2 was better than S1, but its still so far from perfect. My biggest complaint about the series though is its incredibly dumb characters. Even Oliver can be incredibly stupid at times and theres no reasoning behind it. In one episode, he is losing it over how his partner doesnt trust him with certain information, yet in the very next episode the exact same situation is reversed and he cant see what he's doing wrong. Its lazy writing. You WILL find yourself yelling at characters on screen because their stupidity is only placement for plot points and to drag certain story arc's out. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence some characters refuse to accept certain things that would otherwise change their mind until the season is almost at a close or the story arc is finished. I'm hoping S3 will be a lot better. Expand
  28. Jul 21, 2014
    DC comics are is the best comic company in the world and with this release of Arrow it gladly stabilises it the show is so good at portraying a man on a mission at making him seem oblivious to his families problems and only concentrates at the task at hand. The CW have done an amazing job of bringing green arrow to life and I hope they keep this up
  29. Jul 20, 2014
    "Arrow" builds its story from scratch and that's both a good and a bad thing. Bad because the growing pains won't heal until episode 15 and good because once the growing pains are gone, "Arrow" is surprisingly fun and entertaining show to watch.
  30. Jul 18, 2014
    The show is absolutely awesome.Got a great cast and premise and is very dark in a chris nolan kind of way .Hopefully since there are spinning of flash and introducing superpowers in the mix they don't make it cartoonist. A la fantastic four movie

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 12, 2012
    The CW's best show since Gossip Girl.... it has a forthright narrative seriousness, a respect for the gobbledy-gook that makes up any superhero's backstory--and a game cast performing with the correct degree of seriousness. [19 Nov 2012, p.35]
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Oct 23, 2012
    Your interest in Arrow depends on how much you miss the troubled-in-love, conflicted-by-family heroics of Smallville--it mirrors that series' setup.
  3. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    Oct 10, 2012
    This slick action-drama is based on the comic book superhero Green Arrow. Prepare to quiver.