• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 10, 2012
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8.1

1. Apr 27, 2013
    I tried to like this I really did after 5 episodes I don't know if I will continue to watch this. The whole concept is the same with all comic book characters especially DC a rich kid seeks vengeance from his parent wow hadn't seen that one coming. Its like a water down Batman.
  2. Apr 23, 2013
    Magnifica serie te atrae desde el principio y te obliga a seguirla hasta el final, Llena de accion, comedia, de todo un poco y sobre todo de mucho misterio sobre el protagonista
  3. Apr 5, 2013
    One of the best new shows of 2012. Drew me in the moment I started watching it. Each episode not only shows Oliver's hunt for the people who have "failed Starling City" but also shows Oliver's time on the Island.
  4. Mar 17, 2013
    What do you get when you mix Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy with 'Gossip Girl'? You get one of this season's surprising hit: a version of super hero Green Arrow, brought to live in a typical Nolan-esque fashion. It reminds me a lot of another excellent (albeit short lived) TV series based on the Flash, released several short years after Burton's Batman. Sure, it tries to pander to the CW'sWhat do you get when you mix Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy with 'Gossip Girl'? You get one of this season's surprising hit: a version of super hero Green Arrow, brought to live in a typical Nolan-esque fashion. It reminds me a lot of another excellent (albeit short lived) TV series based on the Flash, released several short years after Burton's Batman. Sure, it tries to pander to the CW's usual target market: containing hearthrob such as Steve Ammel and Katie Cassidy, but hey..it works. It also brought one of DC's B-Grade super hero into the limelight. Great stuff. Expand
  5. Mar 2, 2013
    Surprisingly well written and produced show from what is generally a teen soap trash network (CW). I was expecting Good lucking young actors in a poorly acted and written soap with more romantic intrigue than mystery, emotional depth or character development. What I go tinstead was only a few of those, which I can stomach. The acting is still subpar and leave much to be desired, but theSurprisingly well written and produced show from what is generally a teen soap trash network (CW). I was expecting Good lucking young actors in a poorly acted and written soap with more romantic intrigue than mystery, emotional depth or character development. What I go tinstead was only a few of those, which I can stomach. The acting is still subpar and leave much to be desired, but the writing is very tight and the moderation of romantic fluff is appreciated. Yes, it is still filled with hotties making the the whole thing less believable, but a female viewership is always on the CW's mind. Expand
  6. Mar 1, 2013
    they need to stick closer to the comic book series to make this show a success, leave out all this other stuff that way they might attract a much larger audience
  7. Mar 1, 2013
    I went into this thinking that it would be boring, but it proved me wrong. The show has a great plot that has so many twists that you never know what to expect
  8. Feb 26, 2013
    Best show on TV. Well the show is as sharp as an arrow and very well done. The entire cast makes it a real pleasure to watch weekly. I also watch on my computer.
  9. Feb 24, 2013
    I went into this show while desperately looking for something replacing the feeling I had watching other hero/vigilante movies/series. I had to eat a lot of bad apples to find this one good one, but it was worth it.
    The story starts off a bit hard to follow, but when you know the characters it's just one amazing web of links between flashbacks, modern day-story and deep psychological brain-food.
    If you like action in between the typical 'I'm a rich guy I do what I want', there's no reason not to watch it. It's amazing and anyone who says otherwise just doesn't get the thoughts behind it.
  10. Feb 22, 2013
    i gave it a chance and i am still watching it now that it's in their 15th episode. stephen amell's a decent actor but please, female cast.. do something with the acting. it might not be a really great series but it gets your attention that makes you want to see the next episode.
  11. Feb 16, 2013
    What the hell is this garbage the fight scenes are good and the action decent but the one main bad ass black guy who is supposedly ex military is a little the IT girl is apparently some whacked encyclopaedia of knowledge and there is more romance BS and teen melodrama than storyline. I wouldn't wipe my black ass with the script these hacked up writers made. I swear to god if I wanted toWhat the hell is this garbage the fight scenes are good and the action decent but the one main bad ass black guy who is supposedly ex military is a little the IT girl is apparently some whacked encyclopaedia of knowledge and there is more romance BS and teen melodrama than storyline. I wouldn't wipe my black ass with the script these hacked up writers made. I swear to god if I wanted to watch a poorly written romantic comedy I would see sex in the city or vampire diaries with my girl. This show is mad FAAAAIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLL yo. Expand
  12. Feb 16, 2013
    Ok so I just watched the first season and the show has its moments of goodness. However the good parts are so rare to find it’s hard to sit through. I thought since the comic is like super good and the girls are really cute why not right. But after watching the show I am pretty bummed out. The characters are pretty lame and one-dimensional, the plot is like trite at best and the fact thatOk so I just watched the first season and the show has its moments of goodness. However the good parts are so rare to find it’s hard to sit through. I thought since the comic is like super good and the girls are really cute why not right. But after watching the show I am pretty bummed out. The characters are pretty lame and one-dimensional, the plot is like trite at best and the fact that the characters go to the one IT girl for all their problems to be solved is just lazy writing. The plot is obvious and full of holes, any way this show is wicked bogus and I would not recommend this to anyone who likes the show or has a decent brain cell in their body. More action, less stupid childish tantrums and starry-eyed general hospital soap opera conversation happening in the foyer is needed. Reddit and /b need to have a field day on this crap.

Fyi $10 says cute it girl becomes black canary
  13. Feb 14, 2013
    The last episode (14) was unwatchable because of the flashbacks (ad nauseam), Too bad. Most of the show was our Arrow boy hurt or showing how he became tough. Non of this added to the story even though it is a comic...
  14. Feb 12, 2013
    Arrow is not the best television show you will ever see, there are instances of pacing issues and certain action scenes are a tad disappointing but my word its great fun. The rebirthing of The DC Comic's character Green Arrow is rugged, stylish and swift and offers plenty of game characterisations. The acting is not groundbreaking but dedicated and charming. Arrow is plagued by the oddArrow is not the best television show you will ever see, there are instances of pacing issues and certain action scenes are a tad disappointing but my word its great fun. The rebirthing of The DC Comic's character Green Arrow is rugged, stylish and swift and offers plenty of game characterisations. The acting is not groundbreaking but dedicated and charming. Arrow is plagued by the odd filler episodes but it hits the target more often than not and I have great fun watching it every week. Reccomended. Expand
  15. Feb 8, 2013
    As a porting from a comic I think is wonderful. Many people in these reviews either don't know the subject or know it too much, so the first make comparisons with Batman, others complains about not being enough true to the comic.

Green Arrow can actually be similar to Batman... it's a rich man that turn vigilante... but it's also very different because his alter ego is born from a desire for redemption (for being a careless playboy) and not revenge for the death of his parents. So it's a more "flamboyant" hero (his inspiration is Robin Hood), but is also a survivor and a "ex bad-boy" so has less moral ties than Batman (he has no problem killing villains). It's darker than Batman as setting, with more "city crime" (Italian, Chinese, Russian Mafia, white collars criminals, etc...) and less "freaky" villains.

The show is in the middle... this Ollie only pretend to be a playboy (the comic version character retains some of these traits) and the introduction on the show of (impossible?) love affairs keeps him away from the hill. And then there is relationship with the family, that make the series also more "family drama".

I think it's a good compromise, and I like it.

Amell has the right body and attitude for the playboy super-hero... maybe not (yet) the right acting skill... but he can improve... the others are good, especially the mother.
    I like also the flashback of his 5 years on the island... maybe all the show filmed in the city would be a little boring, and it help understand the character.

Good story and camera don't hurt either...
  16. Feb 7, 2013
    Very good depiction of one of DC's main characters. I love this version of Oliver Queen and despite many people's opinions, I love this show. I have followed DC comics from my early years and have watched almost everything by DC (movies/shows). The plot is intense and the flashback to his days on the island are very insightful and very well incorporated into his life on a day-to-day basis.Very good depiction of one of DC's main characters. I love this version of Oliver Queen and despite many people's opinions, I love this show. I have followed DC comics from my early years and have watched almost everything by DC (movies/shows). The plot is intense and the flashback to his days on the island are very insightful and very well incorporated into his life on a day-to-day basis. The writers reference others in the Green Arrow's comic book world very well. They foreshadow characters like the villains Dark Archer and Merlin or even a potential side kick "Speedy", very important characters in Oliver's comic book universe. The pilot of kind of rocky but improved exponentially as each episode passed. Looking forward to a season 2. Expand
  17. Feb 4, 2013
    This is the best show I have ever watched in my life. It is an amazing new way of looking at Green Arrow and its many twists and turns continue to make the even more awesome with each passing episode.
  18. Jan 31, 2013
    This is a show with so much potential and hopefully we can get a glimpse of how good it can get by the end of first season. The acting ranges from poor to average, the actors should start getting better by the end of the season, since they have been with these characters for a while now. The action is fun most of the time, but sometimes its very unexciting. The tone goes for a darker feel,This is a show with so much potential and hopefully we can get a glimpse of how good it can get by the end of first season. The acting ranges from poor to average, the actors should start getting better by the end of the season, since they have been with these characters for a while now. The action is fun most of the time, but sometimes its very unexciting. The tone goes for a darker feel, it does work, but it might be a little to over the top. The biggest problem is that there isnt one main villian and it hurts the show alot. We get brief appearances from some of the villians from the comic books, but they quickly leave the show and it gets messy at times. That will be the biggest problem for Arrow, is finding how to progress this story and its characters. Expand
  19. Jan 22, 2013
    I was one of those who gave the show about 5 episodes to give it a chance. This show in my opinion has some poor castings, the lead actor does seems good, but the female support cast is weak. The scripts do not seem fluid enoug and when the cast is interacting with each other I am thinking to myself, "who the hell says stuff like that" The CW is trying really hard to target someI was one of those who gave the show about 5 episodes to give it a chance. This show in my opinion has some poor castings, the lead actor does seems good, but the female support cast is weak. The scripts do not seem fluid enoug and when the cast is interacting with each other I am thinking to myself, "who the hell says stuff like that" The CW is trying really hard to target some audience with this show, but I have no idea who the hell it is. It is not comic fans for sure. Expand
  20. Jan 21, 2013
    Great show! Love the way they set the characters up! This show is probably the best I have seen in a while! I hope they keep the show going with more seasons to come!
  21. Jan 20, 2013
    For some reason it keeps bringing me back and halfway through each episode i wonder why the hell i bothered. I think it's because i'm waiting for it to get better every episode and every episode, without fail, i'm utterly disappointed. the writing is all over the place. small bits of well written dialogue are mired in chunks of horrible writing. it has potential but we're 10 episodes in, iFor some reason it keeps bringing me back and halfway through each episode i wonder why the hell i bothered. I think it's because i'm waiting for it to get better every episode and every episode, without fail, i'm utterly disappointed. the writing is all over the place. small bits of well written dialogue are mired in chunks of horrible writing. it has potential but we're 10 episodes in, i mean come on. i wouldn't bother with it, the fourth season of justified started to weeks ago. watch that, then try and watch arrow, it's enough to make you cry Expand
  22. Jan 7, 2013
    I don't think the plot is very captivating and the lead role (whoever that bugger is) is just unloveable! I, as the viewer, don't sympathise with him at all and I wouldn't jump through hoops for him which most main characters should make you feel. But then again, what can you expect from The CW?
  23. Jan 1, 2013
    This show rocks. It is darker and deeper than Smallville. The new Oliver has a darker persona than the one in Smallville. The CW hit this one out of the park.
  24. Dec 30, 2012
    I love this show! It is so interesting!! And the guy who plays Oliver is SUPER attractive!:)
    Every episode I watch just gets better and better! I am super excited to see what happens when it comes back!
  25. Dec 24, 2012
    Cheese cliche dialogue...cheesy chiseled chin male model actors in the lead roles - hell even the bad guys are Zoolanders. Found it very hard to sit through more than 20 minutes at a time. Yet another comic book given a poor update.
  26. Dec 15, 2012
    What a great show. Once you "get it" it's hard to let go. While some have a hard time jumping in and watching bits and pieces the show is full of good action and a consistent storyline. The acting has been consistent, mixing fun and serious tones together frequently. Given that the show is on the CW, hopefully it'll stay on for a long while, although I'd love to see what could be done withWhat a great show. Once you "get it" it's hard to let go. While some have a hard time jumping in and watching bits and pieces the show is full of good action and a consistent storyline. The acting has been consistent, mixing fun and serious tones together frequently. Given that the show is on the CW, hopefully it'll stay on for a long while, although I'd love to see what could be done with a huge budget. Expand
  27. Dec 10, 2012
    The acting is so very bad. How many more superhero concepts can The CW ruin? The first episode was entertaining, but it has been all downhill from there.
  28. Dec 8, 2012
    This is a well done take on the Green Arrow by the CW, though I must say I wish they'd have used Justin Hartley and kept it in the Smallville universe for cross overs (who wouldn't mind seeing Tom Welling kick some butt, right?). But then again, this is a great show on its own so I digress.

Stephen Amell is a great Green Arrow. He plays the arrogant, rich playboy quite well, and the action and atmosphere he creates in his scenes is quite true to form. The whole hiding your identity underneath some face paint and a hood thing is as ridiculous as super man's alter ego donning glasses and being unrecognizable, but overlooking that there's not a lot wrong with the show. If I really had to nitpick, I'd say that there's a bit too much going on away from the main plot (who cares about the billionaire best friend hitting on 'that one girl'? Not me...) and Willa Holland was dangerously under used. Other than that, this is my new Smallville equivalent super hero show. Not as good, but very good none the less.
  29. Dec 5, 2012
    This show is REALLY sorry. The writing is poor and the plot is truly being stretched out more than it needs too. The action is way too limited in comparison to the sappy love story and dramatic elements they are attempting to weave. I understand that they are trying to present this character in a perspective different from the comic book character, however, they are moving at a pace thatThis show is REALLY sorry. The writing is poor and the plot is truly being stretched out more than it needs too. The action is way too limited in comparison to the sappy love story and dramatic elements they are attempting to weave. I understand that they are trying to present this character in a perspective different from the comic book character, however, they are moving at a pace that is much too slow than is necessary. This story could have been over WEEKS ago! Too much time is spent on yet another rich kid who was rebellious and cared little for life or anyone else, then goes away to an island and is trying to come back and gain redemption by fighting crime. This tale has been told TOO many times and it's insulting. Give us a rest CW. Save the drama for the daytime soap operas. Expand
  30. Dec 2, 2012
    This show is a testament to DC Comics ability to become real life action. Makes me think of how cool the Justice League movie will be. I believe CW is a seasoned DC comic live action provider from having small ville also. This is a show for someone who appreciates seeing their comics come to life like me but not for people who want to see another drama like Dexter or the coveted Homeland.This show is a testament to DC Comics ability to become real life action. Makes me think of how cool the Justice League movie will be. I believe CW is a seasoned DC comic live action provider from having small ville also. This is a show for someone who appreciates seeing their comics come to life like me but not for people who want to see another drama like Dexter or the coveted Homeland. If you like DC you will love this show. I am waiting for Oliver's sister to become speedy his sidekick because she already has the nickname so it is inevitable. Expand

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 12, 2012
    The CW's best show since Gossip Girl.... it has a forthright narrative seriousness, a respect for the gobbledy-gook that makes up any superhero's backstory--and a game cast performing with the correct degree of seriousness. [19 Nov 2012, p.35]
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Oct 23, 2012
    Your interest in Arrow depends on how much you miss the troubled-in-love, conflicted-by-family heroics of Smallville--it mirrors that series' setup.
  3. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    Oct 10, 2012
    This slick action-drama is based on the comic book superhero Green Arrow. Prepare to quiver.