• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 10, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
8.2

1. Oct 26, 2012
    Awful show. May be suitable for kids, but if you're a fan of things like Homeland, Boardwalk, Wire, Suits, Dexter etc. then stay well clear. 45 mins of my life I won't get back unfortunately.
  2. Oct 13, 2012
    "Machine guns fired at him can't hit him!" This sums up the show. So if you like your shows to make sense, avoid this. Also, cheesy dialog galore. Typical TV trash.
  3. Oct 12, 2012
    It's the best series premiere of this fall season. Everything is right and it has a thing that reminds me of Batman Begins. I only hope they keep it that way.
  4. Oct 14, 2012
    this was dire, a cheap knock off of the batman franchise. I to found the hundreds of rounds fired at the hero with none managing to nick him unbearable by the end. To say you have to suspend disbelief is a gross understatement, his disguise is essentially heavy mascara and a scowl. Its targeted at a specific audience and if your past a certain age this is not going to be for you.
  5. Dec 5, 2012
    This show is REALLY sorry. The writing is poor and the plot is truly being stretched out more than it needs too. The action is way too limited in comparison to the sappy love story and dramatic elements they are attempting to weave. I understand that they are trying to present this character in a perspective different from the comic book character, however, they are moving at a pace that is much too slow than is necessary. This story could have been over WEEKS ago! Too much time is spent on yet another rich kid who was rebellious and cared little for life or anyone else, then goes away to an island and is trying to come back and gain redemption by fighting crime. This tale has been told TOO many times and it's insulting. Give us a rest CW. Save the drama for the daytime soap operas. Expand
  6. Oct 27, 2012
    I'm sure, this show works for a specific target audience, many of them being into the comic. I, however, gave up after two episodes. Fighting with a bow against a small army with machine guns and not getting a scratch is ludicrous. Being stranded on a lost island makes a regular guy a fighting machine and a skilled archer? Please! An arrow with a memory chip sucking data through the wall onto the chip? Come ON!
    The B-Plot with Arrow's mother plotting things behind his back seems run of the mill to me. Too many plot holes and it requires too much suspension of disbelieve on my side. Thanks, but no thanks.
  7. Oct 13, 2012
    Batman dressed like Robin Hood, how original.. The story is cheesy and the character is very one dimensional.
    But maybe that's ok for the 12 year old among us.
  8. Nov 14, 2012
    Yeah, I just couldn't get into the show. I gave it 3 episodes and it just wasn't that good. The lead actor isn't that good, The characters are incredibly generic, the "villains" are terrible, and there are so many pathetic and pointless twists and turns that they just seemed added in order to add interested thus making you keep watching to see what happens. Imagine Nolen's batman films but poorly executed for television and that's what this show is. Expand
  9. Oct 11, 2012
    The pilot episodes does what's it suppose to do, draw us in to the episode. The episode itself is well done and David Nutter is directing. Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen does good in this episode and I am going to follow this series for now....
  10. Oct 12, 2012
    WOW! Good beginning for a superhero. Arrow really proved to be a better series than I thought it would be. It has that vibe, that potential and moreover, the storyline can be really good if written and edited properly. Although there were few mistakes in the pilot and editing sucked at times but I hope the future episodes will be better and well crafted.
  11. Nov 28, 2012
    While I certainly have a bias as a strong Green Arrow fan, I can easily say that Arrow is objectively poor in quality. The writing has no real pacing, the dialogue feels insincere and random, and all characters are either constantly flip-flopping in personality for the sake of drama or have no personality at all. Stephen Amell seems unable to portray any real emotion beyond his vocal tone, and Thea seems to be unable to decide whether she wants to get closer to Ollie, or distance herself as much as possible.

This very much feels like an attempt to reap the profit of the Nolan Batman series without any of the effort. The plot is completely centered around dark, Batman-like tones, and spontaneous drama that is highly irrelevant. It's as if the creators wanted to make a Batman story, but had to use Green Arrow as the character. Overall, it's poorly written, poorly acted, and whatever brief moments of strength exist are quickly passed over.
  12. Nov 16, 2012
    I have seen episodes 1 and 2, and I would not recommend this show to anyone. The casting, acting, and writing are a bit too close to "soap-opera-ish." I'm not exactly sure who the show is trying to appeal to, but I can't imagine that it is comic book fans. The violence in the show did surprise me though (in a good way), because people do actually die when they get shot, and Arrow isn't afraid to shoot the bad guys. But the bad out weighs the good unfortunately. Expand
  13. Dec 24, 2012
    Cheese cliche dialogue...cheesy chiseled chin male model actors in the lead roles - hell even the bad guys are Zoolanders. Found it very hard to sit through more than 20 minutes at a time. Yet another comic book given a poor update.
  14. Jan 7, 2013
    I don't think the plot is very captivating and the lead role (whoever that bugger is) is just unloveable! I, as the viewer, don't sympathise with him at all and I wouldn't jump through hoops for him which most main characters should make you feel. But then again, what can you expect from The CW?
  15. Oct 13, 2012
    For the comic book action drama types for the local tv this one hits the nail on the head. In terms of its production quality, acting and story line it is much better done than many other shows that is attempting to get into the sci fi, comic book, fantasy type genre. Yeah I know you could each of these into separate categories but face it were talking about this appealing to the same demographic. The guy who watched smallville and thinks revolution is cool. Is the same guy that will like this. However this is much better done. Granted with any comic book flicks there are some unbelievable things like dodging machine gun fire. But this is a action show that you and your 10 your old son could watch together without it being over the top with violence and blood. Honestly I don't see my self watching this but if this type of genre is your thing this is surly going to be a hit for you. Expand
  16. Jan 20, 2013
    For some reason it keeps bringing me back and halfway through each episode i wonder why the hell i bothered. I think it's because i'm waiting for it to get better every episode and every episode, without fail, i'm utterly disappointed. the writing is all over the place. small bits of well written dialogue are mired in chunks of horrible writing. it has potential but we're 10 episodes in, i mean come on. i wouldn't bother with it, the fourth season of justified started to weeks ago. watch that, then try and watch arrow, it's enough to make you cry Expand
  17. Jan 22, 2013
    I was one of those who gave the show about 5 episodes to give it a chance. This show in my opinion has some poor castings, the lead actor does seems good, but the female support cast is weak. The scripts do not seem fluid enoug and when the cast is interacting with each other I am thinking to myself, "who the hell says stuff like that" The CW is trying really hard to target some audience with this show, but I have no idea who the hell it is. It is not comic fans for sure. Expand
  18. Oct 16, 2012
    Wow.. I wasn't expecting that! I know violence shouldn't be used to prop up a show but it works! People actually get shot and killed in full view. Yeah sometimes there's clever editing but Oliver Queen actually kills bad guys!? That's a first! (For TV any way). You have to suspend belief for a super hero show by the way... I see some reviewers complaining you see... If you call for reality then a lot of human supers would die in issue 1 or episode one! And the Batman comparison... The character is from from the same universe! And also.. You could always say the Batman model of the last 20 years was stolen from ninja's no? There's a lot of Michael Mann in Nolan's Batman.. He ain't that original.. Face it a lot of things are going be like Batman.. It's freakin comic book world! When you are an edgy Green Arrow what else can you do? Back to the review... The acting is Smallville standard, everybody is hot and the pacing is good. Don't expect comic book Green Arrow though.. Just like how Smallville is different to comic book Superman.
    Anyway if you liked all the other super hero TV shows then you'd like this.
  19. rah
    Nov 1, 2012
    First and foremost, this is a comic based tv show, and one I find hugely entertaining. It is not an exploitation of batman, it is a separate series that has been established for decades. It does however ask us to suspend our disbelief, but that is what all great comics do. Arrow is able to hold my attention from beginning to end and gives me something to look forward to week after week. I highly recommend watch this incredible tv show. Expand
  20. Oct 16, 2012
    As a pilot, this has been a refreshing start and I hope this series continues in the same vein. The writing was strong and the story arcs that it seems to be developing are all interesting. I look forward to more episodes at this level.
  21. Dec 10, 2012
    The acting is so very bad. How many more superhero concepts can The CW ruin? The first episode was entertaining, but it has been all downhill from there.
  22. May 19, 2013
    Truthfully an amazing superhero show, that is perfect, since Smallville said farewell in 2011. The action scenes are brilliant, and the actress who plays Felicity, is my favorite. I am scared about how this will fare, when ABC airs Marvel's Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. in the fall. I have faith though, and I believe this show is gonna stick around for a while.
  23. Jun 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Arrow is a a fresh and new show with a different, and edgy theme. I think its dramatic, and action mix keeps us viewer on the edge of our seat, and restless for more. It fits in the trend of giving a twist to a story commonly told, and the plot is well sequenced. I truly think it is a show with a long and prosporous future Expand
  24. Jan 31, 2013
    This is a show with so much potential and hopefully we can get a glimpse of how good it can get by the end of first season. The acting ranges from poor to average, the actors should start getting better by the end of the season, since they have been with these characters for a while now. The action is fun most of the time, but sometimes its very unexciting. The tone goes for a darker feel, it does work, but it might be a little to over the top. The biggest problem is that there isnt one main villian and it hurts the show alot. We get brief appearances from some of the villians from the comic books, but they quickly leave the show and it gets messy at times. That will be the biggest problem for Arrow, is finding how to progress this story and its characters. Expand
  25. Feb 14, 2013
    The last episode (14) was unwatchable because of the flashbacks (ad nauseam), Too bad. Most of the show was our Arrow boy hurt or showing how he became tough. Non of this added to the story even though it is a comic...
  26. Nov 10, 2012
    This could have been a spectaclar show it has a great story which maintains a balance between comic world and reality but its flaw is its choppy and stupid editing the fight scene are i mean gr8 but seriouly bullets went through him in two episodes but he was not hit and in many other scenes finishing was very choppy u want to love this show but u cannot get beside the fact of editing yes it is true it does not ahve that deep of a story as dexter breaking bad the wire etc but its a very enjoyable well written comicbook story suitable for all ages i say i am impressed by the show especially the way they are showing him being trained on the island that is gr8 i wud say this show is gr8 gud action, gud story,welldirected,well acted i hope if there is a next season which most probably will be they get rid of there mistakes especially get a better editor Expand
  27. Oct 30, 2012
    Don't expect Arrow to be the next great thing. But if you put your mind on the right setting, it may be a pretty enjoyable show. The action sequences are very fun to watch and Stephen Arnell is a solid lead as Oliver Queen since he's likeable and believable as a badass antihero. The acting is decent, but the corny and contrived dialogue doesn't help you to take the show any seriously. Specially the unnecessary pop culture jokes, which get annoying after a while and will be dated in 3 years. Even though the plot has every single superhero story cliche you can think of, it keeps you interested to know what happens next. Arrow isn't as cheesy as Smallville, nor as dark and gritty as the Christopher Nolan Batman films, it's somewhere right in the middle, which is a nice place to be. Expand
  28. Oct 10, 2012
    I liked this show a lot, it was fun and exciting. The only thing that bugged me is how the Queen mansion looks identical to the Luthor mansion in Smallville.
  29. Oct 13, 2012
    An action-packed pilot that gives some intriguing mysteries. If this show is handled properly through out the next episodes, this might be one of CW's next big thing.
  30. Nov 16, 2012
    Think of this show as a made for TV version of Batman Begins. By that I mean the plot, characters, somewhat dark tone (music and style) are very similar to Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy. The quality of each hour long episode is of course not the same as that of a 70 million dollar blockbuster but the show is very solid and surprisingly addictive. Perhaps more than anything else, what makes this show good is Stephen Amell who is very likable and a legitimately talented actor. The rest of the cast is not bad at all either.

My advice, is manage your expectations and give the pilot a watch and it will give you a good idea of what to expect, i'd be surprised if you didn't tune in for another afterwards... (watch most recent episodes free on CW website).
  31. Feb 22, 2013
    i gave it a chance and i am still watching it now that it's in their 15th episode. stephen amell's a decent actor but please, female cast.. do something with the acting. it might not be a really great series but it gets your attention that makes you want to see the next episode.
  32. Oct 10, 2012
    I'm hoping that 'Arrow' follows the ranks of 'Supernatural' and 'Smallville' and becomes yet another comic book drama that's a hit for CW... It deserves it.
  33. Oct 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Those already familiar with the story of Oliver Queen will likely see familiar territory but to all others, it presents a mixed bag. The casting of Amell as Queen was a weird choice and though he is visually strong his acting ability isn't there yet. The pilot presented too many plot holes and often went in and out of dream sequences randomly. Then being hit by bullets without a scratch? It seems to be a take on Batman with a different name. I wonder why they didn't just make Batman. That being said, to have any kind of comic book hero back on screen is a good thing and hopefully after a few episodes, the show finds it footing and I'll continue to watch it. Hopefully. Expand
  34. Oct 17, 2012
    This is probably the best premiere i've seen so far this fall! It's well written, it's a superhero story, with a more darker and very mysterious intriguing approach, pretty much in the style of Nolan's Batman. The action sequences are fluid and fast paced, very well executed, everything fom photography to sound design appears to be on point. I also really liked the choice of actors. Some might say Stephen Amell seems one dimensional, but i'll just say he's the reflection of a character that has a story to tell and a mission to accomplish. The storyline so far seems to lead to something very interesting, and i just hope it remains interesting. Other than that, the show is well cast and well directed, and i'm anxious to see what's ahead for this tv show. This might just be the surprise revelation for Cw if they handle it wisely and carefully. Well done so far ! Expand
  35. Nov 21, 2012
    This superhero show is the CW's best show since Gossip Girl
  36. Oct 26, 2012
    "Arrow" is a great production to bring to life the crime-fighting Green Arrow. It keeps you wondering and questioning, while also including action and other D.C. characters.
  37. Nov 18, 2012
    I was in love since I first saw the pilot. I'm a big fan of green arrow, and this series is a lot like him. The acting, the plot, the way the story is told, the flashbacks, and everything else looks just great! I can't miss a single episode of one of my favorite shows in a couple of years now. If they keep it the way it started, and don't wreck it because of money, Arrow will be epic.
  38. Nov 30, 2012
    Terrific superhero take. Much like Batman begins and Kung fu (the original TV series) with multiple flash backs pertaining to the current reality. Casting is well done, as Stephen Amell actually looks like an athlete capable of performing feats asked of an action star. So many times shows and movies have actors that in no way would be able to perform physically the feats asked of them, I.E. Rodger Moore or Pierce Brosnan as Bond; Michael Keaton as Batman etc.

This show surprised me in a good way as it
  39. Dec 2, 2012
    This show is a testament to DC Comics ability to become real life action. Makes me think of how cool the Justice League movie will be. I believe CW is a seasoned DC comic live action provider from having small ville also. This is a show for someone who appreciates seeing their comics come to life like me but not for people who want to see another drama like Dexter or the coveted Homeland. If you like DC you will love this show. I am waiting for Oliver's sister to become speedy his sidekick because she already has the nickname so it is inevitable. Expand
  40. Dec 30, 2012
    I love this show! It is so interesting!! And the guy who plays Oliver is SUPER attractive!:)
    Every episode I watch just gets better and better! I am super excited to see what happens when it comes back!
  41. Jan 1, 2013
    This show rocks. It is darker and deeper than Smallville. The new Oliver has a darker persona than the one in Smallville. The CW hit this one out of the park.
  42. Feb 7, 2013
    Very good depiction of one of DC's main characters. I love this version of Oliver Queen and despite many people's opinions, I love this show. I have followed DC comics from my early years and have watched almost everything by DC (movies/shows). The plot is intense and the flashback to his days on the island are very insightful and very well incorporated into his life on a day-to-day basis. The writers reference others in the Green Arrow's comic book world very well. They foreshadow characters like the villains Dark Archer and Merlin or even a potential side kick "Speedy", very important characters in Oliver's comic book universe. The pilot of kind of rocky but improved exponentially as each episode passed. Looking forward to a season 2. Expand
  43. Feb 8, 2013
    As a porting from a comic I think is wonderful. Many people in these reviews either don't know the subject or know it too much, so the first make comparisons with Batman, others complains about not being enough true to the comic.

Green Arrow can actually be similar to Batman... it's a rich man that turn vigilante... but it's also very different because his alter ego is born from a
    desire for redemption (for being a careless playboy) and not revenge for the death of his parents. So it's a more "flamboyant" hero (his inspiration is Robin Hood), but is also a survivor and a "ex bad-boy" so has less moral ties than Batman (he has no problem killing villains). It's darker than Batman as setting, with more "city crime" (Italian, Chinese, Russian Mafia, white collars criminals, etc...) and less "freaky" villains.

The show is in the middle... this Ollie only pretend to be a playboy (the comic version character retains some of these traits) and the introduction on the show of (impossible?) love affairs keeps him away from the hill. And then there is relationship with the family, that make the series also more "family drama".

I think it's a good compromise, and I like it.

Amell has the right body and attitude for the playboy super-hero... maybe not (yet) the right acting skill... but he can improve... the others are good, especially the mother.
    I like also the flashback of his 5 years on the island... maybe all the show filmed in the city would be a little boring, and it help understand the character.

Good story and camera don't hurt either...
  44. Feb 16, 2013
    Ok so I just watched the first season and the show has its moments of goodness. However the good parts are so rare to find it’s hard to sit through. I thought since the comic is like super good and the girls are really cute why not right. But after watching the show I am pretty bummed out. The characters are pretty lame and one-dimensional, the plot is like trite at best and the fact that the characters go to the one IT girl for all their problems to be solved is just lazy writing. The plot is obvious and full of holes, any way this show is wicked bogus and I would not recommend this to anyone who likes the show or has a decent brain cell in their body. More action, less stupid childish tantrums and starry-eyed general hospital soap opera conversation happening in the foyer is needed. Reddit and /b need to have a field day on this crap.

Fyi $10 says cute it girl becomes black canary
  45. Feb 16, 2013
    What the hell is this garbage the fight scenes are good and the action decent but the one main bad ass black guy who is supposedly ex military is a little the IT girl is apparently some whacked encyclopaedia of knowledge and there is more romance BS and teen melodrama than storyline. I wouldn't wipe my black ass with the script these hacked up writers made. I swear to god if I wanted to watch a poorly written romantic comedy I would see sex in the city or vampire diaries with my girl. This show is mad FAAAAIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLL yo. Expand
  46. May 19, 2013
    This show starts off awesome. I was really drawn in. However, as the season unfolds, the curse of the lazy/overimaginative writer sets in and everything happens conveniently. Things don't fit in and people show up at just the right convenient moment. Very annoying show. Don't watch if unrealistic shows irk you.
  47. Sep 21, 2013
    There is a tremendous amount of glitz in this show. Stephen Amell is picture perfect. Unfortunately, it is pretty much like an 8x10 glossy: very pretty to look at and paper thin. The characters are two-dimensional and trite. The acting is worse and the script is about a stupid as it gets. Even Stephen Amell, as beautiful as he is, can't make this sow's ear into a anything but a sow's ear. May it do us all a favor and rest in peace. Expand
  48. Mar 2, 2013
    Surprisingly well written and produced show from what is generally a teen soap trash network (CW). I was expecting Good lucking young actors in a poorly acted and written soap with more romantic intrigue than mystery, emotional depth or character development. What I go tinstead was only a few of those, which I can stomach. The acting is still subpar and leave much to be desired, but the writing is very tight and the moderation of romantic fluff is appreciated. Yes, it is still filled with hotties making the the whole thing less believable, but a female viewership is always on the CW's mind. Expand
  49. Mar 17, 2013
    What do you get when you mix Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy with 'Gossip Girl'? You get one of this season's surprising hit: a version of super hero Green Arrow, brought to live in a typical Nolan-esque fashion. It reminds me a lot of another excellent (albeit short lived) TV series based on the Flash, released several short years after Burton's Batman. Sure, it tries to pander to the CW's usual target market: containing hearthrob such as Steve Ammel and Katie Cassidy, but hey..it works. It also brought one of DC's B-Grade super hero into the limelight. Great stuff. Expand
  50. Nov 15, 2012
    This show intrigues me. The tumultuous journey of a young man repenting for the sins of his father. A city broken by the seedy underpinnings of the financial elite. Although an oft told story, it
  51. Nov 25, 2012
    I'm familiar with the Green Arrow history only from other characters (Smallville/ Justice League animated series) and wikipedia. I like how they've modernized it and switched up some characters. Feels a little like a bad weekly Batman Begins for the first few episodes, but if you stick with it, you'll have a relatively cool superhero show at a time when most tv is unscripted and awful. Good for mid-road superhero lovers (die-hards will surely pan it for its departures from the comics). Expand
  52. Dec 8, 2012
    This is a well done take on the Green Arrow by the CW, though I must say I wish they'd have used Justin Hartley and kept it in the Smallville universe for cross overs (who wouldn't mind seeing Tom Welling kick some butt, right?). But then again, this is a great show on its own so I digress.

Stephen Amell is a great Green Arrow. He plays the arrogant, rich playboy quite well, and the
    action and atmosphere he creates in his scenes is quite true to form. The whole hiding your identity underneath some face paint and a hood thing is as ridiculous as super man's alter ego donning glasses and being unrecognizable, but overlooking that there's not a lot wrong with the show. If I really had to nitpick, I'd say that there's a bit too much going on away from the main plot (who cares about the billionaire best friend hitting on 'that one girl'? Not me...) and Willa Holland was dangerously under used. Other than that, this is my new Smallville equivalent super hero show. Not as good, but very good none the less. Expand
  53. Dec 15, 2012
    What a great show. Once you "get it" it's hard to let go. While some have a hard time jumping in and watching bits and pieces the show is full of good action and a consistent storyline. The acting has been consistent, mixing fun and serious tones together frequently. Given that the show is on the CW, hopefully it'll stay on for a long while, although I'd love to see what could be done with a huge budget. Expand
  54. Mar 1, 2013
    I went into this thinking that it would be boring, but it proved me wrong. The show has a great plot that has so many twists that you never know what to expect
  55. Feb 12, 2013
    Arrow is not the best television show you will ever see, there are instances of pacing issues and certain action scenes are a tad disappointing but my word its great fun. The rebirthing of The DC Comic's character Green Arrow is rugged, stylish and swift and offers plenty of game characterisations. The acting is not groundbreaking but dedicated and charming. Arrow is plagued by the odd filler episodes but it hits the target more often than not and I have great fun watching it every week. Reccomended. Expand
  56. Feb 24, 2013
    I went into this show while desperately looking for something replacing the feeling I had watching other hero/vigilante movies/series. I had to eat a lot of bad apples to find this one good one, but it was worth it.
    The story starts off a bit hard to follow, but when you know the characters it's just one amazing web of links between flashbacks, modern day-story and deep psychological
    brain-food.
    If you like action in between the typical 'I'm a rich guy I do what I want', there's no reason not to watch it. It's amazing and anyone who says otherwise just doesn't get the thoughts behind it.
  57. Mar 1, 2013
    they need to stick closer to the comic book series to make this show a success, leave out all this other stuff that way they might attract a much larger audience
  58. May 5, 2013
    Arrow's plot is so dull and repetitive I don't even need to mention how generic both the gunfights and the conversations between characters are. It took me 8 episodes to notice how every one of them are mostly the same with some alterations here and there.

Gave it a 3 because the scenes on the island are somewhat appealing, but for the most part it's obviously noticeable the series is
    pretty cheap. Expand
  59. Jun 18, 2013
    This is an outstanding show. DC Comic fans are given a show the almost entirely made for them and them alone. A very Smallville like show, Arrow follows the story of Oliver Queen, aka, the famous Green Arrow! The shows brings characters to life, such as the Huntress, Black Canary, Deathstroke, and Deadshot.
  60. Jul 4, 2014
    This is the worst TV series i ever seen, its so stupid that i cant understand how it can be so stupid. I remember one episode when he killed one man all guards so he could take him to the prison... or how blind you have to be to not notice that Oliver is Arrow? Hes from the island, same as Sara and her parents knows shes the vigilanty.. So 1+1 = 2... It's just completly out of sense drama for teen agers or who wants to watch tv without thinking much. Expand
  61. Apr 23, 2013
    Magnifica serie te atrae desde el principio y te obliga a seguirla hasta el final, Llena de accion, comedia, de todo un poco y sobre todo de mucho misterio sobre el protagonista
  62. Nov 2, 2012
    If you're a fan of Green Arrow, the comic verse of similar characters, and just a fan of super heroes and or shows, then Arrow is the show for you! The show's opening pilot introduces us to an Arrow that is edgy, and rough around the edges seeking justice for those that have wronged the city. The show features an ensemble cast of like-able characters that fit the role. But it falls short with the characters not really adding depth to there characters, or believable acting. Cold stone faces, beautiful women, and angry mob bosses, are what pollute the show. The show itself is well done, but at times it's hard to really get sucked into the show because of the drawback of the cold-acting and the lack of character depth. Everything seems sort of strung together, but in the end the action of Arrow makeup for that. The show will probably pick it self up, but for now it's a double edge sword. Both good, and well, sort of bland. It's great for super hero geeks, fans, and nerds ( like my self), that can appreciate the efforts of CW. But, for those that don't have a strong devotion towards super hero lore, heroes, and the such. It may be a little hard to come to like Arrow. Give it a chance! And you may like it! :) Expand
  63. Nov 2, 2012
    One of the big problems and biggest strength is somehow that it is too much like Batman Begins. There are scenes in several episodes that remind me to a "t" of scenes from that movie. In episode one, the billionaire that just lost loved ones and found change and survival training is legally brought back from the dead, to find his city is in decay. It changes a couple things from the comics to make it more believable, like the suit and a couple names which honestly weren't a big concern in that department, but so be it. Overall though, the character is fairly the same, and the island parts(that VERY closely resemble Green Arrow:Year one) are done well. The action is shot and choreographed well, and his vigilante scenes are generally interesting. The show is like if you mixed Dexter(The emotionless character who narrates as he hunts), Smallville(Unfortunately, the love triangles, some of the actors, the sets, and the shooting style), and as mentioned, Batman Begins(scenes and character traits). The main issue I have with it is that they shoot in a style that's very soap-opera-esque(over contrasted/slightly over-exposed shots), and the romantic sub-plots reach those levels too. Expand
  64. Jun 26, 2013
    It's a show that entertains but lacks depth in order to engage. I hope it gets better at the second season because otherwise leave her. It's kind of smallville but worse, it seems that is not going anywhere. I honestly don´t know what is going to be based to overcome a new season of 24 episodes but will give the opportunity to 2x01.
  65. Jan 21, 2013
    Great show! Love the way they set the characters up! This show is probably the best I have seen in a while! I hope they keep the show going with more seasons to come!
  66. Feb 4, 2013
    This is the best show I have ever watched in my life. It is an amazing new way of looking at Green Arrow and its many twists and turns continue to make the even more awesome with each passing episode.
  67. Feb 26, 2013
    Best show on TV. Well the show is as sharp as an arrow and very well done. The entire cast makes it a real pleasure to watch weekly. I also watch on my computer.
  68. Apr 5, 2013
    One of the best new shows of 2012. Drew me in the moment I started watching it. Each episode not only shows Oliver's hunt for the people who have "failed Starling City" but also shows Oliver's time on the Island.
  69. Apr 27, 2013
    I tried to like this I really did after 5 episodes I don't know if I will continue to watch this. The whole concept is the same with all comic book characters especially DC a rich kid seeks vengeance from his parent wow hadn't seen that one coming. Its like a water down Batman.
  70. Jun 17, 2013
    This show has the full package. Action, mystery, thrill, romance, superheroes, a sight sense of humor, charm, hot characters, good actors, good music, good story lines, thrilling cliffhangers. One of my best shows in my list and let me warn u it is a very long list. Even though it deserves more than 9 I do not believe in a rating of 10.
  71. May 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i was very excited after the Trailer but with time the Arrow lost momentum and the flashbacks to the island where the only thing that kept me interesting. Manu Bennett managed to keep the show tolerable but after a while even he couldn't help.
    More about Arrow -
    coolreviewsrule.com
  72. Jun 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is not just a simple TV Show, this is a TV Show that will keep you locked to the television. Arrow has a nicely written origin story, well it is a retelling of Green Arrow. The actor Stephen Amell who portrays Oliver Queen, gives his emotions in the best way to the show. With an epic season finale, this show wants to say "Hello, we are here!" to the world. And now with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. joining the television. They both will go face-to-face.... Expand
  73. Oct 17, 2013
    I really wished that the events Oliver had while he was still stranded on the island was a separate series. The status quo on Sterling City, the nonsense episodes sometimes, and the unnecessary hero-laden scenes were not pleasing. It was a 10 for the Lian Yu scenes and 2 for Sterling City. Making the score to 6.
  74. Mar 29, 2014
    A great show when there arnt too many filler episodes and when its not too "days of our lives" . Gets a 7/10 just because of the wholly unentertaining soap opera parts that must be there for a target demographic im not part of.
  75. Apr 3, 2014
    People are correct in reviews below that state the show is totally farcical with bullets not even hitting him. That being said, I am a sucker for superheroes so I watch the show most of the time. Season 1 was definitely more solid than season 2, the show has now regressed. A big reason for that is the introduction of Sarah Lance, who's acting is awful. It also insults viewers intelligence where they expect you to believe that Sarah's own sister Laurel wouldn't recognize her when she saves her from bad guys, cuz she has a little mask covering her eyes! Come on, all you have to do is look at that butthole on her chin to know its Sarah. Weak! Expand
  76. Apr 28, 2014
    I HATE SARAH. They need to kick her off. I saw the latest episode where she leaves, and everyone in my household was happy about it (more than 15 living here.) BTW WE ARE NOT MEXICANS, Just a big family. And Felicity and Oliver need to get together, they have great chemistry!!!!!
  77. Jul 22, 2014
    Man this one is a hard one to rate. Its not the smartest show on the block and certainly not the most interesting. In fact, it can be incredibly bland and cliche that it borders ridiculous at times. Yet, I continue to watch it because it has the *potential* to be great. Season 2 was better than S1, but its still so far from perfect. My biggest complaint about the series though is its incredibly dumb characters. Even Oliver can be incredibly stupid at times and theres no reasoning behind it. In one episode, he is losing it over how his partner doesnt trust him with certain information, yet in the very next episode the exact same situation is reversed and he cant see what he's doing wrong. Its lazy writing. You WILL find yourself yelling at characters on screen because their stupidity is only placement for plot points and to drag certain story arc's out. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence some characters refuse to accept certain things that would otherwise change their mind until the season is almost at a close or the story arc is finished. I'm hoping S3 will be a lot better. Expand
  78. Oct 21, 2013
    I sit here going through the reviews of this show and I am shocked to see that people who loved the show got it, and people who hated completely failed to see the point or understand the story. For instance a guy gives it a horrible review because he watched two episodes and doesn't understand how you get stranded on an island and then become a super fighter and archer just like that. If you watch the whole season you find out how he became trained in those things. Another compares it to Batman, Everyone who has read or knows of the Green Arrow know that that is exactly what it is. DC tried capitalizing on Green Arrow like Batman and realized they couldn't do that. But this shows still goes to the Green Arrows roots.

Now as for my review, going into this and knowing it is a TV show, it is pretty good for a CW show. You would think it would be low budget and not look real at all, however the show doesn't try to do too much with special effects. It does its best on what it's given and succeeds to create a reality that I believe could actually happen. To the people complaining that there is so much gun fire and yet he is never hit, in the first episode or second episode he does but gets right back up, assuming that his costume is bullet proof is key to the whole series. Everyone needs a little imagination and a show like this thrives on that fact.

I was very apprehensive going in because it was a CW show and although Smallville was good, it had an even more low budget feel to it. With shows like S.H.E.I.L.D and the new Batman TV show going into production, I believe there is a place for a higher budget Action series, and Arrow was the great start. I look forward to catching up on season 2 and highly recommend this show to any comic book fan, fan of using their imagination, or someone looking for a fun show.
  79. Oct 8, 2013
    The show starts quite soapy with a lot of family drama going on with Green Arrow being referred to by a variety of stupid names like 'that archer guy' and hunting down ordinary criminals one by one in a pretty uninteresting manner. After the first few episodes they stick to 'the hood' as his name and the city side of things develops a main plot and becomes very good. It doesn't drag things out like some shows would when it comes to telling people who he is and he gets a good team together and more comic characters show up. The island side of the story is pretty annoying early on, interrupting the action in the city stories and making you think 'I don't care about this, why are they still showing us the island' but it eventually develops a good plot of its own which ties in with the main city plot and even when there is a whole episode on the island its not unwelcome. It's taking a long time for Dinah to become Canary but given the shows caution with superpowers its understandable. Since Flash is getting an appearance which is apparently a back door pilot in season 2 it probably wont be long before she does find her voice. John Barrowman is great as Merlyn and the finale was awesome. Expand
  80. Dec 29, 2013
    Enjoyed the hell out of the arrow, yet despite all the positive effects of the show (obviously the fact that it brings Green Arrow to the big screen with many other great DC cameos) the show is rather off putting due to rather dull, in my opinion HORRIBLE acting (all the characters fell so wooden, s2 acting is ALOT better, i mean Ollie half the time looks like hes got a big stick up his ass or something) this is really my only big gripe and the fact that the marketing for this show made me believe that it was for Teenage girls, its not, it appeals to us guys as well, it just makes u feel embraced that ur watching the show.

Overall i really enjoyed the arrow, only having 2 big gripes i still believe that it is enjoyable and that the writing is very well done, on most eps.
    overall I recommend sitting down and watching the Arrow: 7/10, is good, not great, the 2 gripes really got in the way of my enjoyment
  81. Jan 31, 2014
    I haven't yet seen a single boring episode in this show. Very interesting story and it develops with a nice pace too. Actors play their part pretty damn well i would say. I can warmly recommend this to anyone.
  82. Nov 26, 2013
    I had no idea what to expect going in. While I am a comic book fan, Green Arrow was never one I followed. This show has made me regret not doing so. In many ways Arrow reminds me allot of Smallville, just with a darker tone. Nice to have a superhero that doesn't mind getting his hands dirty. My only complaint is all the posing Stephen Amell does. Clearly every shot with his shirt off is there to rope in the female demographic and was almost as shameless in doing so as Twilight's Taylor Lautner. Still Shirtlessness aside, I like the show.

Overall:
    I really hope this series has a long future ahead of it and look forward to future seasons.

Side Note:
    While I get the series is taking some cues from Nolan's Batman, I wouldn't mind a little bit of a supernatural flair.
  83. Jul 13, 2014
    Season 2 is really picking up and getting significantly better. I think the CW is finally starting to get that what drives us to a show is content not, subtle marketing tactics or shirtless boys that make the girls swoon. Yes there are still some dumb immature moments and blatant batman like rip offs to drive up ratings. However things seem to be improving for the better. Lets hope that the CW doesn't backslide. Expand
  84. Jul 10, 2014
    An entertaining show full of intriguing characters and amazing action sequences. I found myself counting the days until the next episode. By far the best show the CW has put out in years, if not ever.
  85. Jul 21, 2014
    DC comics are is the best comic company in the world and with this release of Arrow it gladly stabilises it the show is so good at portraying a man on a mission at making him seem oblivious to his families problems and only concentrates at the task at hand. The CW have done an amazing job of bringing green arrow to life and I hope they keep this up
  86. Jul 5, 2013
    This series is the best thing out there on TV to capture the spirit of Superhero. The casting is awesome.
    The story line concept is refreshing. You didn't give the Arrow a true eye mask. I found that refreshing. His back story is captivating. The writers, actors, director and producers have hit the mark on this show.
    My only complaint is that I found this show late and have had to
    wait out the first season. When you start out you need to give me the viewer more access to the product. episode 4 Is still hidden from the mainstream. I had to pirate this episode to move on. When you got a good thing, don't hide it! Expand
  87. May 12, 2014
    When I first heard about this show, I said "A show based on the Green Arrow? Could be interesting." So when I finished the first season I was very satisfied. This show is very entertaining to watch, It may have a s**t ton of drama bombs which eventually just get hilarious and there are a lot of pop culture songs which may please you but I'm not a huge fan of. The best part was the fighting in my opinion, They are very well shot and can be exciting to watch. In conclusion, Arrow is the CW's best show in my opinion, and I hope lots of people watch it. Expand
  88. Feb 12, 2014
    an action packed and slightly dark version of the DC hero green arrow. it's story telling is great, taking place in both present time, as well as flashbacks to how the main character, oliver queen decided to become green arrow. however no one in the show refers to him as that. he's known as "the hood" . the characters, with some exceptions, are very well done. as well as great action sequences all throughout. Expand
  89. Aug 30, 2013
    Arrow: A great example of how relatively not well known heroes can become popular. Stephen Amell does a great job as Oliver Queen/ Green Arrow and I'd personally like to see him in a justice league movie (eventually). Standouts include other DC characters appearing such as Huntress and Deadshot, but what really got me excited for this: Deathstroke. While they seem to have really messed around with Slade Wilson's past and the fact that he doesn't seem like him at all really gave a strange vibe in terms of whether or not the writers knew what to do with him. A great show that really proves that you don't need extreme drama or gore to make an entertaining series. 8/10. Expand
  90. Dec 25, 2013
    It's a well done series yeah. Actually it's better than I expected. And it's much more darker than I thought. It has flaws and bad things, but mainly it's a great show. Shoot the next season Green Arrow!
  91. Sep 9, 2013
    Arrow season 1 delivers a great back story, Stephen Amell is brilliant as Oliver Queen..there are a few episodes which are less entertaining in a way but that does not hold you from liking the series at all..right from the entertaining pilot to the epic finale..arrow is a winner all the way..excited for the second season.
  92. Oct 9, 2013
    A Television Series does not get much better than the CW's Arrow. It's got literally everything you could want a show to have, and it does it well. It's real, it's gritty, well-scripted, not over the top, has an attractive cast that is both unique, and likable and features action sequences that rival those seen in high budget majors films. At the moment, there is no other series on air like Arrow. It feels like a darker, more Comic-book oriented Smallville, with a higher budget, and a lot more death. Highly recommend this show to fans of Smallville, Nikita, and The Human Target Expand
  93. Oct 18, 2013
    Arrow is amazing! Perfect for a superhero TV series. It is perfect, Green Arrow/Oliver Queen is a perfect choice for a TV series, because he isn't as popular as Batman or Superman to go on the big screen so it's very good. It dramatically shows his origin story and it almost has no holes in the story so far. It has flash backs then there. It also has its twists and the dark DC touch to it. My only criticism on it is not to "Nolanize it too much: meaning don't make the story too realistic add more "Comicbook" to it. That is why I am very interested to see flash in it. I highly recommend this to Comicbook fans and especially dc fans. Expand
  94. Oct 20, 2013
    Arrow is an adaptation of the DC comic hero Green Arrow on The CW. As a fan of the character of Green Arrow I have to say I was worried by the idea of making him a "real" person. I've seen the failures of other people to turn comic characters into "real" people. That said I have to say on the whole Arrow is a very enjoyable show.

The story as far as Season 1 goes the story was very
    strong in my opinion. We see Oliver Queen, Green Arrow, attain amazing feats in order to get rescued off of what appears to be an uninhabited island, from there we meet interesting characters such as his family, friends and soon to be allies and enemies. From here we watch an intriguing mystery rise from the broken pieces of the past through flashback and secretive character interactions. The characters are interesting and seem to have personalities some more prominent than others but they have what appears to be the beginnings of real "character".

The second season has just started and from the looks of it we are looking at new but familiar characters, more secrets and a new Green Arrow.
  95. Nov 7, 2013
    Arrow is a good twist to the TV shows ive watched lately. Rare few catch my attention, as i'd much rather spend my time involved in story books and games, this show did. I love the Heroic vibe, without the drama of the classic "superman" style. All im lookin for is something to make me stoked, and Arrow does the trick just fine.
  96. Oct 31, 2013
    I'm only 10 episodes in, but this show is the If you can suspend disbelief for Batman swooping in and punching guys with machine guns, you should be able to afford the same suspension for Arrow. If you can't, you're honestly watching the wrong genre. Sure, it's a bit of a knock-off, and there's an excess of drama, but it's very entertaining. The show focuses on characters to the detriment of the plot, but there is a solid premise nonetheless. It's got a solid start; it's up to the writers whether it goes up or down from here. The Asus commercial built into every episode is getting a bit flagrant and annoying. Expand
  97. Nov 13, 2013
    I like big Hollywood comic book movies, but they should all be ashamed on the amount of money they spend on production compared to what this show accomplished in it's finale. It was phenomenal.
  98. Nov 23, 2013
    At the beginning of season 1 i thought it sucked badly but it got a lot better quickly and i got really hocked on it. Now its a must see for me every week
  99. Nov 29, 2013
    The Best Sci-fi Action Thriller........................................................................................................................
  100. Apr 7, 2014
    I enjoyed everything in this season and I going to watch season 2 when I can, it is an enjoyable experience that anyone will enjoy and get a kick out of watching. I hope they don't ruin the series and that the next one is just as good

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 12, 2012
    The CW's best show since Gossip Girl.... it has a forthright narrative seriousness, a respect for the gobbledy-gook that makes up any superhero's backstory--and a game cast performing with the correct degree of seriousness. [19 Nov 2012, p.35]
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Oct 23, 2012
    Your interest in Arrow depends on how much you miss the troubled-in-love, conflicted-by-family heroics of Smallville--it mirrors that series' setup.
  3. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    Oct 10, 2012
    This slick action-drama is based on the comic book superhero Green Arrow. Prepare to quiver.