• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 10, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
8.2

1. Oct 12, 2012
    It's the best series premiere of this fall season. Everything is right and it has a thing that reminds me of Batman Begins. I only hope they keep it that way.
  2. Oct 11, 2012
    The pilot episodes does what's it suppose to do, draw us in to the episode. The episode itself is well done and David Nutter is directing. Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen does good in this episode and I am going to follow this series for now....
  3. rah
    Nov 1, 2012
    First and foremost, this is a comic based tv show, and one I find hugely entertaining. It is not an exploitation of batman, it is a separate series that has been established for decades. It does however ask us to suspend our disbelief, but that is what all great comics do. Arrow is able to hold my attention from beginning to end and gives me something to look forward to week after week. I highly recommend watch this incredible tv show. Expand
  4. Oct 16, 2012
    As a pilot, this has been a refreshing start and I hope this series continues in the same vein. The writing was strong and the story arcs that it seems to be developing are all interesting. I look forward to more episodes at this level.
  5. Jun 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Arrow is a a fresh and new show with a different, and edgy theme. I think its dramatic, and action mix keeps us viewer on the edge of our seat, and restless for more. It fits in the trend of giving a twist to a story commonly told, and the plot is well sequenced. I truly think it is a show with a long and prosporous future Expand
  6. Oct 10, 2012
    I liked this show a lot, it was fun and exciting. The only thing that bugged me is how the Queen mansion looks identical to the Luthor mansion in Smallville.
  7. Nov 18, 2012
    I was in love since I first saw the pilot. I'm a big fan of green arrow, and this series is a lot like him. The acting, the plot, the way the story is told, the flashbacks, and everything else looks just great! I can't miss a single episode of one of my favorite shows in a couple of years now. If they keep it the way it started, and don't wreck it because of money, Arrow will be epic.
  8. Nov 30, 2012
    Terrific superhero take. Much like Batman begins and Kung fu (the original TV series) with multiple flash backs pertaining to the current reality. Casting is well done, as Stephen Amell actually looks like an athlete capable of performing feats asked of an action star. So many times shows and movies have actors that in no way would be able to perform physically the feats asked of them, I.E. Rodger Moore or Pierce Brosnan as Bond; Michael Keaton as Batman etc.

This show surprised me in a good way as it
  9. Dec 2, 2012
    This show is a testament to DC Comics ability to become real life action. Makes me think of how cool the Justice League movie will be. I believe CW is a seasoned DC comic live action provider from having small ville also. This is a show for someone who appreciates seeing their comics come to life like me but not for people who want to see another drama like Dexter or the coveted Homeland. If you like DC you will love this show. I am waiting for Oliver's sister to become speedy his sidekick because she already has the nickname so it is inevitable. Expand
  10. Oct 17, 2012
    This is probably the best premiere i've seen so far this fall! It's well written, it's a superhero story, with a more darker and very mysterious intriguing approach, pretty much in the style of Nolan's Batman. The action sequences are fluid and fast paced, very well executed, everything fom photography to sound design appears to be on point. I also really liked the choice of actors. Some might say Stephen Amell seems one dimensional, but i'll just say he's the reflection of a character that has a story to tell and a mission to accomplish. The storyline so far seems to lead to something very interesting, and i just hope it remains interesting. Other than that, the show is well cast and well directed, and i'm anxious to see what's ahead for this tv show. This might just be the surprise revelation for Cw if they handle it wisely and carefully. Well done so far ! Expand
  11. Nov 21, 2012
    This superhero show is the CW's best show since Gossip Girl
  12. Dec 30, 2012
    I love this show! It is so interesting!! And the guy who plays Oliver is SUPER attractive!:)
    Every episode I watch just gets better and better! I am super excited to see what happens when it comes back!
  13. Jan 1, 2013
    This show rocks. It is darker and deeper than Smallville. The new Oliver has a darker persona than the one in Smallville. The CW hit this one out of the park.
  14. Feb 7, 2013
    Very good depiction of one of DC's main characters. I love this version of Oliver Queen and despite many people's opinions, I love this show. I have followed DC comics from my early years and have watched almost everything by DC (movies/shows). The plot is intense and the flashback to his days on the island are very insightful and very well incorporated into his life on a day-to-day basis. The writers reference others in the Green Arrow's comic book world very well. They foreshadow characters like the villains Dark Archer and Merlin or even a potential side kick "Speedy", very important characters in Oliver's comic book universe. The pilot of kind of rocky but improved exponentially as each episode passed. Looking forward to a season 2. Expand
  15. Feb 8, 2013
    As a porting from a comic I think is wonderful. Many people in these reviews either don't know the subject or know it too much, so the first make comparisons with Batman, others complains about not being enough true to the comic.

Green Arrow can actually be similar to Batman... it's a rich man that turn vigilante... but it's also very different because his alter ego is born from a
    desire for redemption (for being a careless playboy) and not revenge for the death of his parents. So it's a more "flamboyant" hero (his inspiration is Robin Hood), but is also a survivor and a "ex bad-boy" so has less moral ties than Batman (he has no problem killing villains). It's darker than Batman as setting, with more "city crime" (Italian, Chinese, Russian Mafia, white collars criminals, etc...) and less "freaky" villains.

The show is in the middle... this Ollie only pretend to be a playboy (the comic version character retains some of these traits) and the introduction on the show of (impossible?) love affairs keeps him away from the hill. And then there is relationship with the family, that make the series also more "family drama".

I think it's a good compromise, and I like it.

Amell has the right body and attitude for the playboy super-hero... maybe not (yet) the right acting skill... but he can improve... the others are good, especially the mother.
    I like also the flashback of his 5 years on the island... maybe all the show filmed in the city would be a little boring, and it help understand the character.

Good story and camera don't hurt either...
  16. Dec 15, 2012
    What a great show. Once you "get it" it's hard to let go. While some have a hard time jumping in and watching bits and pieces the show is full of good action and a consistent storyline. The acting has been consistent, mixing fun and serious tones together frequently. Given that the show is on the CW, hopefully it'll stay on for a long while, although I'd love to see what could be done with a huge budget. Expand
  17. Mar 1, 2013
    I went into this thinking that it would be boring, but it proved me wrong. The show has a great plot that has so many twists that you never know what to expect
  18. Feb 24, 2013
    I went into this show while desperately looking for something replacing the feeling I had watching other hero/vigilante movies/series. I had to eat a lot of bad apples to find this one good one, but it was worth it.
    The story starts off a bit hard to follow, but when you know the characters it's just one amazing web of links between flashbacks, modern day-story and deep psychological
    brain-food.
    If you like action in between the typical 'I'm a rich guy I do what I want', there's no reason not to watch it. It's amazing and anyone who says otherwise just doesn't get the thoughts behind it.
  19. Apr 5, 2013
    One of the best new shows of 2012. Drew me in the moment I started watching it. Each episode not only shows Oliver's hunt for the people who have "failed Starling City" but also shows Oliver's time on the Island.
  20. Jun 18, 2013
    This is an outstanding show. DC Comic fans are given a show the almost entirely made for them and them alone. A very Smallville like show, Arrow follows the story of Oliver Queen, aka, the famous Green Arrow! The shows brings characters to life, such as the Huntress, Black Canary, Deathstroke, and Deadshot.
  21. Apr 23, 2013
    Magnifica serie te atrae desde el principio y te obliga a seguirla hasta el final, Llena de accion, comedia, de todo un poco y sobre todo de mucho misterio sobre el protagonista
  22. Jan 21, 2013
    Great show! Love the way they set the characters up! This show is probably the best I have seen in a while! I hope they keep the show going with more seasons to come!
  23. Feb 4, 2013
    This is the best show I have ever watched in my life. It is an amazing new way of looking at Green Arrow and its many twists and turns continue to make the even more awesome with each passing episode.
  24. Feb 26, 2013
    Best show on TV. Well the show is as sharp as an arrow and very well done. The entire cast makes it a real pleasure to watch weekly. I also watch on my computer.
  25. Jun 17, 2013
    This show has the full package. Action, mystery, thrill, romance, superheroes, a sight sense of humor, charm, hot characters, good actors, good music, good story lines, thrilling cliffhangers. One of my best shows in my list and let me warn u it is a very long list. Even though it deserves more than 9 I do not believe in a rating of 10.
  26. Jun 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is not just a simple TV Show, this is a TV Show that will keep you locked to the television. Arrow has a nicely written origin story, well it is a retelling of Green Arrow. The actor Stephen Amell who portrays Oliver Queen, gives his emotions in the best way to the show. With an epic season finale, this show wants to say "Hello, we are here!" to the world. And now with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. joining the television. They both will go face-to-face.... Expand
  27. Oct 8, 2013
    The show starts quite soapy with a lot of family drama going on with Green Arrow being referred to by a variety of stupid names like 'that archer guy' and hunting down ordinary criminals one by one in a pretty uninteresting manner. After the first few episodes they stick to 'the hood' as his name and the city side of things develops a main plot and becomes very good. It doesn't drag things out like some shows would when it comes to telling people who he is and he gets a good team together and more comic characters show up. The island side of the story is pretty annoying early on, interrupting the action in the city stories and making you think 'I don't care about this, why are they still showing us the island' but it eventually develops a good plot of its own which ties in with the main city plot and even when there is a whole episode on the island its not unwelcome. It's taking a long time for Dinah to become Canary but given the shows caution with superpowers its understandable. Since Flash is getting an appearance which is apparently a back door pilot in season 2 it probably wont be long before she does find her voice. John Barrowman is great as Merlyn and the finale was awesome. Expand
  28. Jan 31, 2014
    I haven't yet seen a single boring episode in this show. Very interesting story and it develops with a nice pace too. Actors play their part pretty damn well i would say. I can warmly recommend this to anyone.
  29. Jul 10, 2014
    An entertaining show full of intriguing characters and amazing action sequences. I found myself counting the days until the next episode. By far the best show the CW has put out in years, if not ever.
  30. Jul 21, 2014
    DC comics are is the best comic company in the world and with this release of Arrow it gladly stabilises it the show is so good at portraying a man on a mission at making him seem oblivious to his families problems and only concentrates at the task at hand. The CW have done an amazing job of bringing green arrow to life and I hope they keep this up

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 12, 2012
    The CW's best show since Gossip Girl.... it has a forthright narrative seriousness, a respect for the gobbledy-gook that makes up any superhero's backstory--and a game cast performing with the correct degree of seriousness. [19 Nov 2012, p.35]
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Oct 23, 2012
    Your interest in Arrow depends on how much you miss the troubled-in-love, conflicted-by-family heroics of Smallville--it mirrors that series' setup.
  3. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    Oct 10, 2012
    This slick action-drama is based on the comic book superhero Green Arrow. Prepare to quiver.