6.6

1. Dec 16, 2014
    The show has a world famous setting that is beautifully imagined as a set. The three main characters seem to have good chemistry and the costume and music design are both really impressive. The show's flaws are obvious though. The inclusion of mythical characters that are not convincing can be quite tedious. Jason is not a strong character either and combat scenes are quite pathetic atThe show has a world famous setting that is beautifully imagined as a set. The three main characters seem to have good chemistry and the costume and music design are both really impressive. The show's flaws are obvious though. The inclusion of mythical characters that are not convincing can be quite tedious. Jason is not a strong character either and combat scenes are quite pathetic at times. A decent series that can be quite comedic, it is difficult to see aspirations further than that for the show though. Expand
  2. Oct 21, 2014
    What an awesome tv show !!! please don't stop making atlantis!!! It's just great... that's all i can haha #150 chars #not great at writing revies #go atlantis !!!!
  3. Jun 9, 2014
    Oh, Atlantis. Oh, what a disappointment your first series was.

Oh, Atlantis. Oh, what a disappointment your first series was.

I expected so much more from this series but ultimately it failed to deliver. Every episode is average, with poorly written dialogue and mundane plots. The only truly amazing thing about this series and the only reason why I gave it a 5 and not a lower score is Mark Addy. Mark Addy is hilarious at playing a fat, useless Hercules. At some points cowardly, yet at others willing to help for money or to rescue his girlfriend Medusa(yes,really), Mark Addy delivers possibly both the funniest and strangest portrayal of Hercules you will ever see. A lot of his dialogue is generally better written than that of the other characters and it's thanks to him that the show is enjoyable. Without Mark Addy, the show would be boring.
  4. Feb 16, 2014
    Despite my initial hostility towards the show because it was replacing the beloved Merlin which graced our screens for five years, had nearly identical plot lines and the same co-producers, by the second/third episodes I was shamefully hooked and recommend it for any Sherlock/Merlin/Doctor Who and many light hearted fantasy fans.
  5. Feb 14, 2014
    for someone who doesn't watch a lot of TV because there is not much on that interests me I was surprised by this, it is surprisingly good and everyone I know enjoyed watching it. I would recommend this
  6. Feb 13, 2014
    This show is unpretentious and a lot of fun to watch, and is oddly filled with former and current Game of Thrones actors (Mark Addy being the most prevalent). Knowing the Greek myths in and out, I was not expecting to be too surprised by anything happening here... and I am happy to say I was wrong.

Hercules, Medusa, the minotaur, Andromeda, King Minos, Circe, etc all make appearances, but rarely in the way you would expect. The tone of the show is light and family friendly, but there are some great stories and action sequences here... particularly one which brought to mind the late, great, Ray Harryhausen and a particularly iconic battle. I look forward to seeing how the season ends and am happy that Atlantis was renewed for a second season.
  7. Jan 26, 2014
    I have enjoyed watching this show, though it started off slow and campy. The characters grow on you. The show is family level fun and is getting better with age. I am looking forward to season 2.
  8. Jan 17, 2014
    This is the show the BBC wanted to replace Merlin, and its failed.
    Its a truly awful show, lack of connection with any of the main characters, some truly awful casting decisions.. Medusa was meant to be beautiful, not average.. and whoever made Mark Addy, Hercules needs to be fired.
    I hope this show ends soon, and they replace it with something else.
  9. Jan 5, 2014
    Sorry to say, this is a bad TV show. I confess that I only saw the 1st episode, and even that was too much for me. It's kind of a wannabe Hercules, but in a bad way. Add 5 points to my score, if you're between 5 and 9 years old and subtract 2 if you're over 30.
  10. Jan 3, 2014
    Chaotic, this is the right word. A jumble of gods and goddess and semi-gods and and and...makes the whole story very confuse. I've would expected a more reasonable way to introduce and develop each character but the authors seems novice to the TV show world and unable to lead a decent story. Each episode is opened with a new antagonist that very soon or even at the end of the episode isChaotic, this is the right word. A jumble of gods and goddess and semi-gods and and and...makes the whole story very confuse. I've would expected a more reasonable way to introduce and develop each character but the authors seems novice to the TV show world and unable to lead a decent story. Each episode is opened with a new antagonist that very soon or even at the end of the episode is badly beaten. Shocking the revelation in the last episode. It makes me more disappointed. If the show keeps going on like this it won't last forever... Expand
  11. Nov 29, 2013
    Fresh unpredictable story with decent humor.Acting also not bad and it's better they improve CGI.Atlantis has enough power to take you to the ancient times and enjoy it.
  12. Nov 28, 2013
    Nice little BBC show which should attract young male viewers. It even somewhat attracted this definitely not young male viewer. Simple production values with simple acting add up to a pretty simple, but pretty watchable show. A little bit of Sci-Fi combined with fantasy and mythology add up to this light entertainment. The mythology part of that tried is notable weak. If you use theNice little BBC show which should attract young male viewers. It even somewhat attracted this definitely not young male viewer. Simple production values with simple acting add up to a pretty simple, but pretty watchable show. A little bit of Sci-Fi combined with fantasy and mythology add up to this light entertainment. The mythology part of that tried is notable weak. If you use the mythology from this show to try to sound erudite, you're going to sound pretty stupid. For some reason the writers chose to combine multiple mythological (some real) characters with mythological events with absolutely no regard for literary accuracy. Di you know that Jason slew the Minotaur??? Expand
  13. Nov 26, 2013
    With all the new shows, I like to check out the pilot of each, to see if I like it enough to add it to my DVR. Atlantis did not hold my interest enough for me to watch the next episode. I think it would be good for families.

1. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Nov 25, 2013
    As long as you're not a classic mythology purist or looking for something more than a fun, occasionally hilarious sword 'n' sandal romp, Atlantis is a fine, family-friendly addition to BBC America's Supernatural Saturday.
  2. Reviewed by: David Wiegand
    Nov 22, 2013
    The cast is charming, and no one has to work very hard.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Nov 22, 2013
    Atlantis is almost as cheesy as one of those Syfy Saturday-night horror spoofs.