Avatar: The Last Airbender : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 10
9.4

1. Dec 4, 2010
    this is the best TV show ever!! it is cute, funny, and hilarious. it is a great show for both children and adults alike. all the characters have depth and are really developed; unlike other kids shows.
  2. Sep 7, 2010
    I didn't watch this show until about a month before the crappy movie came out. I had no idea what I was missing. Fantastic show that's not just for kids. Great animation, great script. It's kind of upsetting that I can't bend anything though.
  3. Aug 20, 2010
    While this would be under the category of children's television I found myself quickly hooked into the storyline. Yes, the show does have some immature humor in it but if you watch past the first five minutes you will see it is part of the character development. This show has some of the best developed characters on television. Without giving away anything from the story this showWhile this would be under the category of children's television I found myself quickly hooked into the storyline. Yes, the show does have some immature humor in it but if you watch past the first five minutes you will see it is part of the character development. This show has some of the best developed characters on television. Without giving away anything from the story this show features several very strong female characters. These are the role models you want your daughter to follow and help reinforce to your son the equality of women. While there may seem to be an occasional episode that doesn't drive the plot forward you will find yourself surprised at how a small event will play into the series.

So what is the show about? It is about a fantasy world trying to find hope during a seemingly endless war. There are four nations, each one based on "the four elements" of Water, Earth, Fire, and Air. The magic in this world is based on "bending" the elements to your will using various forms of martial arts. In this world the Avatar is the only person who can "bend all four elements (or more than one for that matter). The Avatar is charged with protecting the balance of the world and when he or she dies the Avatar is reincarnated into the next nation in the cycle.

Since I don't want to spoil anything you won't find out in the first 2 minutes of the show I'll remain vague after providing the rest of the set up. The Avatar has been missing for over 100 years. During that time the Fire Nation has been destroying the world. The rest of the show follows the exploits of several young teens as they find the missing Avatar and try to help him save the world.
  4. Aug 24, 2011
    This is one of my all time favorite TV shows. A great cast of characters, a strong story, great animation, a good soundtrack, great voice work, and excellent writing. What I really enjoy the most, however, is watching how the team that made this series really grew and improved as the series went on. If you don't know what I mean, try watching the first few episodes, and compare everythingThis is one of my all time favorite TV shows. A great cast of characters, a strong story, great animation, a good soundtrack, great voice work, and excellent writing. What I really enjoy the most, however, is watching how the team that made this series really grew and improved as the series went on. If you don't know what I mean, try watching the first few episodes, and compare everything (art, sound, characters) to the last few episodes. Overall, a great series that is definitely worth your time. Expand
  5. Apr 15, 2012
    Incredibly deep, fantastically voice acted, beautifully told, endearing, and wonderfully animated. Avatar:The Last Airbender:Season 1 is an incredible start to a great franchise.
  6. Jun 18, 2012
    Best TV show to date, has so many things that you can reflect on in life, it embraces everything it means to be human!!!!!! IT is life. Very very good tv show, great stories, incredible animation and one hell of a journey that it has taken us major fan's to! May your life be peaceful and prosperous.
  7. Jun 27, 2012
    This is an absolutely fantastic TV series that anyone and everyone can get into and love. Rarely do you see an animated series delve into creating a unique universe and focusing on the story and characters. The humor is great, the romance between characters is cheesy and fun to watch, the animation is spectacular, and the drama is phenomenal. This was the highest point in Nickelodeon'sThis is an absolutely fantastic TV series that anyone and everyone can get into and love. Rarely do you see an animated series delve into creating a unique universe and focusing on the story and characters. The humor is great, the romance between characters is cheesy and fun to watch, the animation is spectacular, and the drama is phenomenal. This was the highest point in Nickelodeon's history since the 90's, and can only be compared to it's sequel, The Legend of Korra. If only more animated series' could do more like this... Expand
  8. Jul 11, 2012
    loved this series i was sad to see it go but at least with LOK coming with a 2nd season in 2013 im excited to see what happened to zukos mother and things like that Mike and Bryan you struck gold twice in a row
  9. Aug 30, 2010
    The best show Nickelodeon has put out within 2000-2005. And the best show that remained and ended in 2008. i am a huge fan. All children who have an imagination and sense of fantasy would love this. Each episode is jam-packed with suspense, action, comedy, and some episodes are stronger on one of those qualities. each character is at least one character you can relate to, for me it Sokka.The best show Nickelodeon has put out within 2000-2005. And the best show that remained and ended in 2008. i am a huge fan. All children who have an imagination and sense of fantasy would love this. Each episode is jam-packed with suspense, action, comedy, and some episodes are stronger on one of those qualities. each character is at least one character you can relate to, for me it Sokka. If you have no imagination whatsoever go back to watching Ren and Stimpy and be stuck in the 90's. Rest of you, check it out Expand
  10. Apr 30, 2011
    Just finished it not less than 1 minute ago. This show is nothing less of perfect. I remember catching a few episodes here and there as a kid, but never took the time to sit down and watch it through until recently. Even while in my 20s, this show is everything that you could want out of a series. Great characters & character development, great plot, great art, great action, greatJust finished it not less than 1 minute ago. This show is nothing less of perfect. I remember catching a few episodes here and there as a kid, but never took the time to sit down and watch it through until recently. Even while in my 20s, this show is everything that you could want out of a series. Great characters & character development, great plot, great art, great action, great music.....the list goes on. Unlike many modern shows, the creators took the Japanese approach and had a set story arc and vowed not to drag the show out past it's prime. The only complaint I may have is that there were a few too many filler episodes in the second season....but all shows have that so really no big deal. It's hard to get people to watch this show since it's a "kids" show, but it really is one of the greatest works of fiction I have ever seen or read. I would say the story is on par with that of The Lord of the Rings, with a tad less lore. I can't wait to see what the creators do to expand the universe they've created. A must watch. Expand
  11. Nov 26, 2010
    OH MY GOSH LOVE THIS SERIES! Can't stop watching this show! But compared to the movie the series is the top of the pyramid. Sokka is so funny! Just love this show so much!
  12. Mar 12, 2011
    While beautifully animated and colorful, the first season of Avatar: The Last Airbender just didn't have the "action" and "drama" of the later episodes. Still, they're thoroughly charming.
  13. Apr 5, 2011
    Excelente serie animada, para todas las edades, enseña valores sin perder el fuego de la guerra.
    La mejor serie jamas creada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. Nov 8, 2011
    I watched the animated series: Avatar the last airbender recently and I was impressed as I have not seen an animated series as good as this for some time. The characters were charming and entertaining, the story and Asian influence has substance and the fight scenes were actually better than most movies. The animation was good and the character and creature design was clever and original.I watched the animated series: Avatar the last airbender recently and I was impressed as I have not seen an animated series as good as this for some time. The characters were charming and entertaining, the story and Asian influence has substance and the fight scenes were actually better than most movies. The animation was good and the character and creature design was clever and original. Why don't we have more children's TV shows like this? Expand
  15. Apr 15, 2012
    Re-watching the series, I see how fantastic this series is. Usually, I would turn down an American-made anime because, well, they're just not as good as the originators. But Avatar: The Last Airbender is one of the American-made animes that I've ever seen. The animation is flows well, the dialogue makes sense, and, of course, it's weird little quirks of humor. The only problem I have withRe-watching the series, I see how fantastic this series is. Usually, I would turn down an American-made anime because, well, they're just not as good as the originators. But Avatar: The Last Airbender is one of the American-made animes that I've ever seen. The animation is flows well, the dialogue makes sense, and, of course, it's weird little quirks of humor. The only problem I have with it is the end. It seems a little rushed because of the consequences and repercussions made in the previous episodes. A lot is left to either wonder or will be passed down to the sequel series; Legend of Korra. Still, one of the best American-made programs. - 9/10. Expand
  16. Nov 23, 2011
    This show is so good i just can't praise it enough. I'm 27 and i still watch this show. the martial arts are amazing, the humor is on point and witty the dialogue is fantastic. A must see for anyone
  17. Apr 1, 2012
    This is literally one of the best shows you will ever watch. I guarantee it. The character development is better than any show I've seen. It is definitely a show for all-ages.
  18. Jun 29, 2013
    Fantastic TV series, likable characters, villains and good story makes this easily one of the best cartoons ive ever seen. Its not only a show for the kids but also a show for mature audience. I highly recommend this to everyone.
  19. Feb 26, 2013
    When I saw a part of an episode at a cousin's house, it seemed like just another average cartoon.
    Then, when a friend told me it was good and that I should watch it, I figured it's probably funny or something.
    But I didn't expect it to be so amazing. So deep, yet hilarious, the action here's better than the action in most other shows, yet the story's also more interesting. The
    But I didn't expect it to be so amazing.
    The characters are amazingly likable, the powers are awesome, the idea is brilliant and full with potential which is, unlike in most cases, well used.
    The creators are just geniuses.
    As a huge fan of shows like Dr. Who Torchwood), Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note and many more...
    This is my favourite series of all times.
    (Along with LoK)
  20. Jul 4, 2013
    Out of all the kiddie shows put on Nickelodeon, the Avatar series have impressed me the most. No, not blue creatures in Pandora, but a world that people are able to bend the "four" elements water, earth, fire, and air. This show has one of the most creative universes and executing it perfectly. With the story of Aang, mixed with the wonderful characters of Sokka, Katara, Zuko, Iroh, Toph,Out of all the kiddie shows put on Nickelodeon, the Avatar series have impressed me the most. No, not blue creatures in Pandora, but a world that people are able to bend the "four" elements water, earth, fire, and air. This show has one of the most creative universes and executing it perfectly. With the story of Aang, mixed with the wonderful characters of Sokka, Katara, Zuko, Iroh, Toph, Suki, and much more, Avatar is hard to say no to. Its clever world and themes are just fun-fun-fun! "Avatar: The Last Airbender" has wit, style, a large amount of heart, and humor that leads it as one of the smartest children television series to date. Expand
  21. Aug 12, 2013
    This is a very bold statement but I feel its justified THIS IS THE GREATEST CARTOON SHOW EVER. The storyline, the action, the character development, the chaos and fun, and the hilarity, not to mention UNCLE F'ING IROH the greatest uncle to ever grace the TV screen. Seriously if you love a show that is epic in story and action but also never misses to hit the funny bone you owe it toThis is a very bold statement but I feel its justified THIS IS THE GREATEST CARTOON SHOW EVER. The storyline, the action, the character development, the chaos and fun, and the hilarity, not to mention UNCLE F'ING IROH the greatest uncle to ever grace the TV screen. Seriously if you love a show that is epic in story and action but also never misses to hit the funny bone you owe it to yourself to watch this Expand
  22. Dec 21, 2013
    The best series a have ever seen. Have fun, action a good history, drama, etc. Nickelodeon makes a incredible serie who never i gonna forget. 1 only word: INCREDIBLE.
  23. Feb 13, 2014
    Forget spongbob, THIS is the king of nicktoons. This show had some of the best morals, best dialogue, best animation, best development, best characters, scenery, concepts, EVERYTHING about this show was awesome! If you see this show on nicktoons, watch it. You will love it no matter how old you are.
  24. Jul 10, 2014
    One of the best television shows I have ever watched. The series is well paced, the characters develop throughout, and the animation is well done. It is hard to catch a series with this much effort put into it. There are childish antics / cringe moments within the show, but it is fitting to the characters and makes sense.
  25. Oct 16, 2014
    1 of the greatest TV shows ever aired, perhaps the greatest, season 1 of Avatar The Last Airbender intrigues you by blending humor, action and story perfectly, the story is great as it sucks in you in wanting you to see more, the characters are great in providing humor and emotion to the audience, every single character is interesting and is unique, the animation is great, especially when1 of the greatest TV shows ever aired, perhaps the greatest, season 1 of Avatar The Last Airbender intrigues you by blending humor, action and story perfectly, the story is great as it sucks in you in wanting you to see more, the characters are great in providing humor and emotion to the audience, every single character is interesting and is unique, the animation is great, especially when the characters bend, the Storm stands out as the best episode of the series and i won't spoil it here but the Storm made this show stand out as more than a kids' show, it's a great season to start off something great, i'll definitively give this a 10. Expand
  26. Sep 9, 2015
    This show is absolutely AMAZING! Great story, great characters... close to perfection. I saw it a few years after the crappy movie, and was sad when I finished it. Definitely the pinnacle of what Nickelodeon can do.
  27. Oct 11, 2015
    What a great show. It has complex characters, witty humour and lots of creativity. Aang is a great character-he's mischievous and fun-loving but can also be very serious when he needs to be. I'm sad that it only lasted three seasons:(. Truly a great show, deserves the acclaim it gets.
  28. Dec 18, 2011
    This is best animation series what i know. Storyline is so awesome and this is well made, this is also funny and teaching. This is not only for children! Topic is also vey interesting. I recommend this for all!
  29. Dec 16, 2011
    dis tv show s d best n d urniverse i love aang it soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome d cast s d main thing i like zuko s just awesome iroh s so cool aang rocks its very interesting ive seen d show for more dan 50 times
  30. Aug 12, 2010
    Wow, what an awesome children`s series. The characters are all very interesting and the voice acting is done very well. I love this show and will definitely watch the upcoming spin-off!

There are no critic reviews yet.