Season #: 1, 2, 3
8.5

1. Mar 17, 2015
    The story is perfect, the quality and sounds are incredible, the chars are deep. This is even better than the first one. This can't be a child cartoon, it is very mature and full with good lessons and teachings about life and the world. At the same time it is a lot of action. This is a masterpiece!
  2. Jan 3, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ive watch every episode of ATLAB and TLOK. The last air bender was an amazing show full of adventure, mystery, romance, comedy, intrigue, spirituality, and life lessons. The legend of Korra is full of Hate, ignorance, annoying ugly spirit hybrid animals that are hard to look at and listen to, and some comedy. The first season was good, i liked it allot. Amon was terrifying villein, they should have made him the main villein in the series. All the show is about is over done comedy, useless fighting, barely any adventure. Ang kicked so much ass even though he was 12 he could fight very well and didn't really need the avatar state, Korra manages to get her ass kicked by dozens of people threw-out the series even in the avatar state which is very disappointing and doesn't make sense. The spirits that inhabit the world are very weird, annoying, looked like they came out of a canceled nick jr. show. Some characters are funny like Bolin but then i started to notice the show was getting desperate for more comedy so they threw in so much bs that wasn't even that funny. Verik i think his name is, was the funniest character of the show without a doubt and he deserves a spin-off cause he helped me get threw the series. INFO by season NO SPOILERS hmp...... Season one- Best season, awesome, Korra learns more about herself, awesome villein Amon, but the season was rushed. Season two- Dumb comedy, Bolin becoming an actor, Korra gets her ass handed to her, the Annoying spirits inhabit the earth again for some reason. Season 3- 4 cool villains that believe in there cause, Korra gets her ass handed to her and traumatizes her for years, thats it. Season 4- Korra barely shows up and when she does gets ass handed to her. Alot of metal bending, no adventure at all, back tracking, annoying spirits that are as hard to look at as they are to listen to, Bad ending, Iron giant made of platinum, that was hard to fight for some stupid reason. I mean knock the damn thing over and break the windows omg. And a very lesbianish ending kinda hot though. Seriously the show was rushed and thrown together, Watch it or not, its your call. To disappointing to recommend. Expand
  3. Jan 3, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think season one was a stunning way to start Korra's journey to getting her air Bending...... Lots of adventure + the beginning of Team Avatar.... Though the part at the end where Korra got her bending back was a bit weird..... but come on It's Avatar... Don't act like things like that didn't happen in ATLA Expand
  4. Jan 2, 2015
    I'm not giving it a "10" only because I am a great fan of the series. It's because there are so much things on the show. It shows you humanity, love, heroism, and takes you away! It's really amazing what the show causes to you. I used to watch "The Last Airbender" as a child, and I can say: It's part of my life. It's part of me!
  5. Dec 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Legend of Korra has Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko—commonly known as “Bryke” as a duo—reintroducing us into the endearing, imaginative, and beautifully animated Avatar universe previously established on one of the most critically acclaimed animated TV series of the ‘00s, Avatar: The Last Airbender, which was influenced by Eastern mythologies and philosophies and confronted political and social issues, issues initially perceived as taboo within children’s entertainment or entertainment in general, to be honest. But the colorful animation, comical yet thoroughly developed characters, visually striking action sequences featuring its signature elemental bending, and heartwarming storylines made it as enchanting to Nickelodeon’s core demographic as it did to adults.

The main protagonist, Avatar Korra, is a hot-headed, heavy-in-combat teenage girl who has learned the physical technique of water, earth, and firebending, but hasn’t learned airbending or the spiritual side of being the Avatar—in complete contrast to Avatar’s Aang. Based in the 1920s/steampunk-themed Republic City 70 years after the defeat of the Fire Lord and the 100 year war during the previous series, The Legend of Korra confronts social issues head-on with the introduction of its main antagonist, Amon, an intimidating, mysterious masked man who is head of the Equalist division of non-benders who feel “oppressed” by the benders of Republic City and demand, you guessed it, equality. Voiced by voice actor Steve Blum, who is notable for his distinctively deep voice, Amon is a refreshing and almost reasonable addition to the franchise’s antagonist due to his initially well-intentioned yet ultimately corrupted motives of fighting for equality. Also, he has the ability to take character’s bending away, which adds onto the intimidation factor.

The one-hour premiere episode (“Welcome to Republic City/A Leaf in the Wind”) also establishes the character arc for many more upcoming protagonists: Korra and chief of police Lin Bei Fong, the daughter of Avatar’s Toph, continue to re-enforce the Avatar universe’s theme of women empowerment without ever degrading its male cast, brothers Mako (the firebending handsome jerk) and Bolin (an earthbender who is comical and more naïve). Asami Sato, who later joins the new Team Avatar and is revealed to be the daughter of one of the Equalist’s main members, helps defeat the stereotype that rich, beautiful girls must be revealed to be conniving and apart of the antagonists. The overall charming cast of characters don’t disappoint and besides the series’ forced yet reasonably realistic love triangle, there’s chemistry between them.

But unfortunately, Book 1’s greatest disappointment comes when the season comes into its “Endgame”, where deus ex machine comes in in various forms—Korra’s character development comes to a screeching halt when Amon successfully takes her bending away and not only does she unexplainably manage to airbend, something she struggled to do even once throughout the season, but the rest of her bending is almost instantaneously rewarded back to her without any proper growth after losing it. Though Book 1’s ending-esque scenario could be due to Nickelodeon initially ordering the season as a mini-series before suddenly ordering three more seasons, it’s an overall half-developed, half-forced conclusion to an overall solidly told story.

Ignoring The Legend of Korra’s minor and less-minor mistakes can be easily mastered once you aim your attention at the series’ overall solid, satisfying re-approach to a familiar world we grew to love years ago during the first series. The animation is top-notch and one of the best in Western animation in recent years and its cast of characters welcomes a new approach at giving the spotlight to multiple characters, regardless of gender or age. The story is darker, grittier, and more politically-charged than its predecessor without losing the heart—and humor—and wears so suitably on its sleeve. If you avoided it for the sole basis that it’s on a popular children’s network, you definitely missed out on one of 2012’s freshest TV series.

Overall rating: 8.2
  6. Dec 25, 2014
    Shallow, awkward, overambitious, and grating whenever a character opens their mouth. It feels less like a mature show that includes children in the demographic and more a children's show that wants to feign otherwise. There is a distinct impression of inauthenticity throughout this season (and the rest, for that matter), as if it's something that was made by a fan who unsuccessfully triedShallow, awkward, overambitious, and grating whenever a character opens their mouth. It feels less like a mature show that includes children in the demographic and more a children's show that wants to feign otherwise. There is a distinct impression of inauthenticity throughout this season (and the rest, for that matter), as if it's something that was made by a fan who unsuccessfully tried to emulate a better show. To be fair, they were only given one season to tackle that which deserved too - the conflict was a wonderful idea that deserved more life. And therein lies the strength of Legend of Korra - it's ideas. The dynamics of the booming, industrial postbellum world are intriguing, though only so well fleshed out.
    Oh, and the action is fantastic. BETTER than the Last Airbender, and most other things I've sen for that matter.
  7. Dec 19, 2014
    One of the best animated series I saw in my life! The story line was stunning just like the ending. Season 2 has the weakest story but season 3 strikes back with stunning story. If you didn't see this series yet, now is the right time...
  8. Nov 16, 2014
    (contains absolutely *no* spoilers)

(contains absolutely *no* spoilers)

Reviewing this show is difficult for me. Although I enjoyed the first season of "The Legend of Korra" much more than most of the original "The Last Airbender", but two of the show’s following seasons were downright awful. They were bland, straightforward, and predictable. They had little to no intrigue, and most of the time they were just boring to watch (it's worth noting: third season is slightly better than the second). If I wasn't 'sorta' fan of the series, I'd have stopped watching these seasons after the first few episodes. But I pressed on, and I'm glad I did. The fourth season is very refreshing in every aspect, starting with animation quality (it went down a lot in the previous two seasons), finishing with the story, which is currently having a few interesting twists (of course, all of them are predictable, as usual). Overall, it's a good show by today's standards.

However, it does have problems, big ones, which I just can't ignore. To make it short, it's a kids' show. Precisely, it’s a bad stereotypical kind of it. The show's creators used every stamp and cliché known to humanity to make it kids-friendly. By that I mean: straightforward plot (no intrigue or challenge of any description), stereotypical cliché characters (evil villains, heroic heroes, comical clowns, etc), black-and-white morale (no drama, nothing to bugger your mind with). All this was present in the "The Last Airbender", but I was hoping things will improve in the sequel. Turns out, I was wrong.

Seasons 1 and 2 featured villains whose motives were somewhat justified. But the main characters, our heroes, never doubt their choice of side. The show never accents ‘the other side of story’. This makes it appear like there’s no real conflict going on. Our heroes have to fight villains for one simple reason: first ones are good guys, second ones are baddies. And that’s it, there’s no real depth. There could’ve been depth, but, I guess, creators thought that kids’ brains can’t handle it. Too bad, because the show would’ve been much better if it wasn’t so.

The second and my most hated problem of the show is… the clowns. For some reason, creators seem to feel the need to keep the show comical. But they have no talent to do it the right way. So, what they do, is that they include characters, whose only special detail is that they are stupid. Yes, exactly. They are stupid, and everything they do becomes a joke. For someone like me, stupidity is embarrassing more often than it is funny. This bothered me in "The Last Airbender", and it bothers me now. "The Legend of Korra" seems to have twice as many idiotic clowns with no dignity. It’s a shameful display – no better words to define that.

All in all, the show is enjoyable despite its immaturity. It has no edges (if you don’t count the clowns), so it won’t disturb you. If you don’t have anything else to watch, I’d recommend "The Legend of Korra". You probably won’t regret spending your time on this.
  9. Oct 17, 2014
    70 years have past, and Aang, the previous Avatar incarnation who was the last airbender has passed on. A waterbender from the Southern Water Tribe is the now the new Avatar. Her name is Korra, a girl who is rebellious, alone, and ready to take on whatever issues or battles she must face. It is Korra's destiny to protect the world as it was for her predecessors. She has three elements70 years have past, and Aang, the previous Avatar incarnation who was the last airbender has passed on. A waterbender from the Southern Water Tribe is the now the new Avatar. Her name is Korra, a girl who is rebellious, alone, and ready to take on whatever issues or battles she must face. It is Korra's destiny to protect the world as it was for her predecessors. She has three elements mastered: water, earth, and fire. The trouble is, she needs to master air while there are very few airbenders left. Tenzin, Aang and Katara's son, is the only person who can teach Korra how to airbend and it is her mission to find him or risk losing the new world's industrial melting pot, Republic City, to crime and anti-bender revolts. Expand
  10. Sep 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just amazing. It deals with serious themes as civil war and terrorism, but still has that emotional appeal from themes as the good and the evil in each of us and how to feel self valuable. The only thing I would complain is the low development from some characters, like the Red Lotus members, but nothing that drastically interferes in the show's overall quality. I'm really hoping that the Avatar universe series get a sequel as good as this one. Expand
  11. Jul 2, 2014
    At this point you can really feel the narrative dilution within the plot of LOK, as a result of the initial limitations the show. It is like reading a shonen manga with all the tropes, except instead of physical power as the main source of character growth. You have these poorly written emotional sub plots.

Another aspect of the show that is meh, is the overhanded approach to

Another aspect of the show that is meh, is the overhanded approach to introducing moral problems. I think that the setting and the tone of the show as a whole, painted the narrative into these preordained corners. That or they are just grasping at straws trying to find away to make money by keeping the show alive.

What meaningful character growth that was saw in the first season has been devalued by the repetition of this theme in different variations. If anything the show would have been better without the avatar, and focusing on the side characters development.

Sadly, the only things that are keeping the show alive are the art style, strong voice acting, and action animations. So basically LOK feels like something akin to a shonen. If that is your fancy all the more too you, but if you are looking for the depth that was in ATLB look elsewhere.
  12. Jun 13, 2014
    Legend of Korra is the best show ever! I love the fact that they've put a female avatar this time. I liked every episode of it, I enjoyed watching it. :)
  13. Jun 13, 2014
    A surprisingly (at least to me) amazing series. Once I got initiated to the world these characters lived in I've been a big fan. The series in its entirety including Ang's airbender storyline are second to none, and the kind of stuff I'd want my kid watching, once I have one. Despite its weaker moments it always manages to mix visually striking moments with tales exploring simple but deepA surprisingly (at least to me) amazing series. Once I got initiated to the world these characters lived in I've been a big fan. The series in its entirety including Ang's airbender storyline are second to none, and the kind of stuff I'd want my kid watching, once I have one. Despite its weaker moments it always manages to mix visually striking moments with tales exploring simple but deep philosophical meanings with its plot. The result is a saturday morning cartoon with a certain poetry rare in its peers.

Both parts of the Korra seasons are great. Knowing happened to all the TLAB characters down the line and how public perception of bending had changed all good stuff. The storyline about avatar Wan in the second season was probably one of the most magical and beautiful the series has been.
  14. May 30, 2014
    The story is interesting enough to keep me watching and there are a few likable characters but other than that, Season 1 has been a huge struggle. Korra is an incredibly unlikable character who is far too generic (as another review said she is very obnoxious) and the numerous jokes are generally a massive swing and a miss (99.9% of them really).

I think the show would be a lot better if

I think the show would be a lot better if they cut back on the poor jokes and turned it more into a drama. Also, The lack of quality main characters really hurts the show as well. What made season 1 of the original Avatar so good is that they had the Fire Nation/Fire Lord as the great villain but the primary villain of the season (Zuko) was a great character. I think the lack of villains will definitely determine if this show sinks or swims.

Overall, It's not bad, The story does keep me interested enough to keep watching but if it doesn't end strongly, I don't think I will continue with it.
  15. Mar 8, 2014
    Legend of korra isn't as good as ATLAB but its a nice sequel if you can call it that) for lovers of the first avatar. i like how you get to see how the future shaped up after the end of last airbender and how some of the characters descendants lives turn out. the animations/artwork are gorgeous and well done. acting was good the only thing i have against the show is the story isn't as wellLegend of korra isn't as good as ATLAB but its a nice sequel if you can call it that) for lovers of the first avatar. i like how you get to see how the future shaped up after the end of last airbender and how some of the characters descendants lives turn out. the animations/artwork are gorgeous and well done. acting was good the only thing i have against the show is the story isn't as well done as the first one and the characters are a little more static.but besides that i like follow up and thought season 2 was well done. Expand
  16. Jan 12, 2014
    Firstly, I want to say that this show is NOT bad. The world building is excellent, it has its funny moments and the characters are reasonably interesting, as is the story. However, when watching Korra, you can't help but compare it to the Legend of Aang, and unfortunately almost everything feels worse in comparison.
    The characters in the ATLA were developed, funny and you felt sympathy
    The characters in the ATLA were developed, funny and you felt sympathy towards some of their tales (especially Zuko). The world was as good as you will see in a tv show and the story, whilst cliche, kept me interested. In contrast, the characters in korra often come across as bratty and spoilt, the relationships they have together are rage inducing at times. However, the world is still fantastic, the show adds to the amazing lore of ATLA superbly, the animation is probably superior to ATLA and the jokes, whilst not as constant as ATLA due to the more adult theme of the show, are still funny.
    That being said, ATLA is one of the best tv shows I have ever seen, so this comparison may be harsh due to the high standards the creators of the show have set for themselves.
    In summary, The Legend of Korra is nowhere near as good as ATLA, but perhaps that is just a testimony to how good the first show is, meaning it is a must watch for fans of the show, and a good tv show for people who haven't seen the Legend of Aang yet.
    PS - watch ATLA whatever you do, it's truly amazing in every aspect.
  17. Dec 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Enjoyed the beginning of this series, its not perfect but really started to rope me in, however towards the end it bugged the crap out of me.
    The final episode is just terrible, as Korra loses most of her powers, goes off and sulks about it, then magically gets them all back for no good reason. At what point is she supposed to learn anything?
    The defeat of the main villain is equally disappointing, can't help but think that they were expecting the show to be cancelled or something, the end definitely feels rushed.
  18. Dec 17, 2013
    After such an excellent run with ATLA, it's understandable that they have trouble getting their footing. Korra is in many ways the exact opposite of Aang. I'm cool with that. What I'm not cool with are all the temper tantrums and the idiotic decisions that she makes, particularly in Book 2.

Overall, the cast isn't as charming as the original series, but it's hard to beat the original cast.

Despite this, the series does a good job of showing what the world is like after Aang, and the struggles that they face. Usually it takes a few episodes to get rolling, but once it is, The Legend of Korra will not disappoint. Although the first season was more of a side story, letting us get introduced to Korra, the second season has much more impact and significance.

Hopefully, for season 3, Korra won't be such a loose cannon, as there is a lot of promise in series 3.
  19. Dec 6, 2013
    As others have said, if this weren't connected to Last Airbender then I probably wouldn't have bothered to stick with Korra. A lot of the Pro-Bending stuff wasn't really used that well considering the amount of screen time it took up. Amon and Tarrlok gave them a chance to deal with a lot of complex questions and maybe try to propose answers some of them, but they just kinda dropped it allAs others have said, if this weren't connected to Last Airbender then I probably wouldn't have bothered to stick with Korra. A lot of the Pro-Bending stuff wasn't really used that well considering the amount of screen time it took up. Amon and Tarrlok gave them a chance to deal with a lot of complex questions and maybe try to propose answers some of them, but they just kinda dropped it all on the floor and did nothing with it.

Compared to where Last Airbender Season 3 left the series as a whole, Korra s1 is a season of disappointment.
  20. Dec 2, 2013
    Decent cartoon, but I can not get as enthusiastic about this show as I did about the last air-bender. The update is pretty and somewhat original, but the main character is so annoying it tends to overshadow that. It seems that whoever wrote the character was so afraid of getting accused of writing a "weak" female lead that they just made her a brute in a skirt. She's an angry teenager whoDecent cartoon, but I can not get as enthusiastic about this show as I did about the last air-bender. The update is pretty and somewhat original, but the main character is so annoying it tends to overshadow that. It seems that whoever wrote the character was so afraid of getting accused of writing a "weak" female lead that they just made her a brute in a skirt. She's an angry teenager who just wants to punch everything. And infuriatingly, it works out for her. Where ATLA was a story of a young boy searching for enlightenment to overcome his problems (which I thought was an interesting story, and made me want to see more because I wanted to follow his growth) Korra seems to live in a world where might makes right, and while there is some small development, it seems accidental and out of focus. I specifically loved the long-term developments in ATLA, and that is mostly missing in "Korra". Expand
  21. Nov 25, 2013
    LOL
    RANT TIME...
    Season Two Episode 14. What happened? (Seriously, She did what?) Are we stealing Ideas From DBZ? (Bryan, Michael) Since the 'motion picture' 'The Avatar' franchise has lost ground with fans. (I hope you are 'really' reading) Nothing beats Book 2 Earth. (Witness the full stop) The layers were there. (Observation) The ending to THIS season IS Garbage. (.)
    LOL
    RANT TIME...

Season Two Episode 14. What happened? (Seriously, She did what?)
    Are we stealing Ideas From DBZ? (Bryan, Michael)

Since the 'motion picture' 'The Avatar' franchise has lost ground with fans.

(I hope you are 'really' reading)

Nothing beats Book 2 Earth. (Witness the full stop)
    The layers were there. (Observation)

The ending to THIS season IS Garbage. (.)

The best idea from the bubbling pot that IS but some how LOST the plot in the Korra season 2 finale is the presence of the spirit world in the physical world and its good and bad effect and pressure put on the population, not the views and stand points of main characters.

Any good fight scenes? (We all witnessed the LOL)

TO PICK UP PACE....

RE DO The motion picture. Not the parallel smurf action flick.
    ( I hope you were reading )
    Compress trilogy, to comprise of two books per picture.

Boy trapped in iceberg freed by star crossed love, grows and frees the world. Or just ba-sing se.)

If you can't get that film approved your a ducebag.
    The Avatar production teams needs a Varrick to spur things on.

A Blind girl protected from the outside world by her parents in the upper society of ba-sing se, learns to use her earth-bending abilities in her few hours she is outside a day, to sense vibrations of the earth beneath her to see her surroundings.

Writing like that is what we expect.nothing less.

What in the last two seasons compares to the scene where Toph was kidnapped and locked in a metal box on the back of a wagon with no sight and no connection to the ground, became the first metal bender.

The story of the first blood bender imprisoned by the dictators of the fire nation, with nothing but the rats she was imprisoned with learnt to bend the water in blood to secure her freedom.

The best thing about the transition to the future (Korra Saga) is the politics of the new age, the fact that Aang lived a full life and the presence of his legacy in this new age. The advancements of technology and the adaptations of the world population due to his legacy and the characters of the time.

I personally really like the pro-bendng championship but the fire ferrets is not a cool name. Chi blockers. Cool.

The introduction states Earth. Fire. Air. Water.

My conclusion is Book Air was a lose avatar remake to please fans and push for more motions pictures when a simple motion picture redo is needed.

Spirits tries to please fans more. Ario. But falls short of the layers of intricacy needed to form a leading character. Even now I doubt the new Team Avatar can, in an opening scene, ride into a fortified ba sing sa military compound, outnumbered and out gunned, fend off the occupying army untill face to face with the president himself.

RANT..
    OVER...
    Or is it....
  22. Nov 18, 2013
    Absolutely perfect in every way. Pays homage to the fantastic original, introduces awesome characters and features a bad-ass villain with a truly scary voice. The action and plot developments are incredibly fast paced. Creators of the original learnt from their mistakes and now skip filler episodes!
  23. Nov 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the whole season 2 was good for the avatar mythology story telling about the Avatar Wan and the sprits was really good but the whole story telling about the season was bad and fast. It could be better. and shameful season finale for the Legend and i think it was really poor finale not just for being an episode inside the Avatar franchise and also really bad script for its own and side- characters was not necessary for the whole season I m talking about asami,mako and bolin If they were focus on Tenzen, Bumi, Kya, Jinora and Korra since the beginning ,and they were get the story telling slow down at the first time maybe the spin off has been good but it was a poor story I hope this legend will be good again and has a good story telling just like the old 4 book. There is still hope inside of the story Expand
  24. Nov 3, 2013
    The Legend of Korra expands upon the rich mythology first explored in The Last Airbender in a new and fantastic way, and this first season is a spectacular entry into the ongoing saga of the Avatar. Fans of the The Last Airbender will be impressed as will newcomers. The writing and storytelling is wonderful and matches perfectly with the actors who come across as sounding very genuineThe Legend of Korra expands upon the rich mythology first explored in The Last Airbender in a new and fantastic way, and this first season is a spectacular entry into the ongoing saga of the Avatar. Fans of the The Last Airbender will be impressed as will newcomers. The writing and storytelling is wonderful and matches perfectly with the actors who come across as sounding very genuine and sincere. The art is fantastic; the visuals of the show are simply sublime. The animation is very fluid and intense and the depictions of the vast and inspiring world the show is set in are amazing. The characters are likeable, interesting and 3-dimensional The pacing of the story as well as its overall depth, the dramatic and intense action, stunning and fluid visuals, the very rich setting and atmosphere and its mature sensibilities combine to create a work of art. Expand
  25. Oct 10, 2013
    Only thing keeping it from a 10 is that I hated it the first time through because of all the plot holes but in the last 2 or 3 episodes they were solved... -ish
  26. Sep 29, 2013
    Sequels are always hard. While Korra has pops of humor it seems a very very different world from the original series that and the first season was way too short. I am 4 episodes into season two and am starting to see an bit of where this series is going with its emphasis on spiritual balance, I think it will be worth it just to sit back and let the story unfold and enjoy each episode as it comes.
  27. Sep 6, 2013
    Legend of Korra is not Avatar, there I said it.
    This series should be taken on its own merits and not compared to the original series, it's a wonderfully entertaining first series expansion of the Last Airbender universe, which up to now we've not seen anything else(discounting the comics, which are brilliant btw) it shows what happens after saving the world.
    As of now Season 2 is just
    Legend of Korra is not Avatar, there I said it.
    As of now Season 2 is just around the corner, so catch it on DVD or any local available download service, it's worth it.
  28. Jul 22, 2013
    The best TV show to grace Nickelodeon ever since The Last Airbender. Animation is superb and gorgeous with hand drawn backdrops. Can't wait for Book 2.
  29. Jul 22, 2013
    I never thought I'd say this, but Avatar: The Legend of Korra is superior to the original series. Everything about it is just awesome. Korra is a far more interesting character than Aang, the setting is cooler, and the story is shorter and sweeter. It takes everything great about the original series and just amps it up, creating one hell of a show.
  30. Jul 5, 2013
    "The Legend of Korra" is visually stunning, and has almost of the the "elements" from the first series to match its wit and spunk. The first season shows us the next avatar Korra, who is the opposite of Aang, and struggles with the spiritual side of being the avatar. Korra must face Amon, a nonbender who can take a bender's bending away, and he is frightening. With a vicious antagonist"The Legend of Korra" is visually stunning, and has almost of the the "elements" from the first series to match its wit and spunk. The first season shows us the next avatar Korra, who is the opposite of Aang, and struggles with the spiritual side of being the avatar. Korra must face Amon, a nonbender who can take a bender's bending away, and he is frightening. With a vicious antagonist and his army, "The Legend of Korra" is full of suspense and has a great plot. When the season closes, the situation though feels closed too fast, and almost everything feels done, but Korra's next season proves otherwise. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    May 22, 2012
    Visually, Korra is striking. It's full of little tricks and nuances that only true fans will notice and savor, but nothing prevents civilians from enjoying it as well. The same holds for the mythology.
  2. Reviewed by: Curt Wagner
    May 22, 2012
    When her Airbender training is postponed, Korra travels to Republic City, where Aang's son Tenzin lives, so he can teach her. And that's when the fun begins.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    May 22, 2012
    Mostly, the intrigue in the half-hour pilot proves a trifle head-scratching, but there's a fair amount of action and an impressive look.