Awake : Season 1

• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 1, 2012
8.4

1. Dec 5, 2012
    Well acted and interesting to watch but what kills the show is the slow pace and un-interesting story lines. I am disapointed that it got cancelled because it had potential to be a solid series but it's a cut throat world in television.
  2. Mar 2, 2012
    Awake had a premise that interested me from the moment I saw it as a project. When the show finally set it's premiere date, my expectations were already high. Yet, although the execution of the pilot is certainly not disappointing, Awake has some gaps to fill. I believe while it is beautifully shot and the acting is dazzling, the show focuses on the logic more than the feeling, which makesAwake had a premise that interested me from the moment I saw it as a project. When the show finally set it's premiere date, my expectations were already high. Yet, although the execution of the pilot is certainly not disappointing, Awake has some gaps to fill. I believe while it is beautifully shot and the acting is dazzling, the show focuses on the logic more than the feeling, which makes this exceptional story one dimensional. Also as many of the reviewers say, the shows procedural side is uninteresting, and I fear that the later episodes are going to be more of a crime show rather than a creative drama. We're going to learn whether the show is a emotionally complex drama or a dull procedural in the future episodes, but until that I'm gonna give this show another chance. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Apr 2, 2012
    Awake may be hard to categorize, but it's worth our attention.
    The cop stuff feels like it could be happening in any other NBC cop show; I kept expecting Prime Suspect's Maria Bello to show up in that cute hat. But given the originality on display, and the venue, those are minor complaints.
  3. Reviewed by: Chris Heller
    Mar 1, 2012
    The pilot's strength was neither accidental nor fleeting: Each subsequent episode has evocative moments that flirt with that early greatness, even if they're not as riveting.