• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 1, 2012
  • Season #: 1
8.3

1. Mar 1, 2012
    I loved this show. I like the uncertainty of not knowing what is or is not real. It could be everything is real or nothing is real. It has definitely intrigued me enough that I want to see plenty more.
  2. Mar 1, 2012
    Seriously good performance from Jason Isaacs makes this an exceptional drama, beautifully shot and edited and with an exciting central premise. Even the procedural aspect seems relevant in this setting, well done NBC!
  3. May 12, 2012
    One of the best shoes I've ever seen on tv. I can't believe it was cancelled. Maybe someday someone with more courage will pick it back up. Awake will be missed
  4. Mar 22, 2012
    Very original and interesting plot, very good acting and compelling viewing. Subtle changes in colours and characters allow you to follow which reality you are following at any one time. Check out this show if you like shows such as Homeland or Dexter.
  5. Mar 22, 2012
    "Awake" is a triumph. It's engaging, original, and has potential to stick around for a while. You get consumed in each world, trying to figure out which one is real-life. The added cop-procedural twist is deep and suspenseful as well.
  6. Mar 22, 2012
    I'm really enjoying this show. The premise is kind of complicated, but the dialogues between Jason Isaacs and his doctors, photography and direction, makes this show a must see.
  7. Mar 6, 2012
    Judging from the pilot episode, this is sure to be the sleeper hit of the year. Great cast, (Issacs is amazing) and a wholly intriguing premise made the first 60 minutes a thrill ride. I can't wait to see what happens next.
  8. Jun 13, 2012
    Awake was, without a doubt, the best network show to debut during the 2011-2012 season. Jason Isaacs gives the performance of his career. A great show, gone before it's time. Doomed to find a cult audience in the future. This was the Firefly of the year. Rest in Peace.
  9. Jun 7, 2012
    The first few episodes of Awake make very good, smart use of the premise with details from cases in both worlds crossing over, but after that the writers run out of ideas of how to keep it up and the 2 cases have much less of a connection to each other. The procedural parts in both worlds are interesting though and there are also events that threaten to make Michael loose his grip on one world. The ending lets you choose your own answer to what is real but it is still relatively satisfying. Also, just to clear up, this is not Sci-fi, it is just a cop show with a twist, but a much better one than all the CSI clones try to come up with. Expand
  10. Mar 3, 2012
    Very excellent pilot. Jason Isaacs gives a commendable performance as a man trapped between to realities (one in which his wife survived a fatal car crash, the other in which his son survived). This a fantastic pilot, beautifully shot with a very interesting premise. Most promising thing on T.V. I've seen all year. Hopefully it becomes something more than your typical police procedural show. Well done, NBC! Collapse
  11. Mar 6, 2012
    This is great, it makes you want to see it again and again, best new NBC drama, he dosen't no if it is real, the show seems like real life. Jason Isaacs has a good performance.
  12. A1A
    Mar 16, 2012
    I just sit there and watch TV. I donâ
  13. Mar 30, 2012
    Very nice tv serie! Blessed with an interesting concept and a very good performance from the cast (expecially Jason Isaacs). The idea of not knowing what is real and what is not is intriguing per se and even as a crime drama it is rewarding. Only, this is not the kind of serie that can play for 10+ seasons, I hope the producers will keep every episode relevant and won't fall in the "let's have a 90% filler episodes per season as long as it has a good share" trap. Definetly worth your time. Expand
  14. Apr 9, 2012
    Very intriguing concept and plot-line, good acting and characters, the shrinks in particular are an interesting dichotomy. The only question is whether or not this show will last, if it plot-line has enough stamina to survive multiple seasons without stretching itself thin. I give it a nine until the season finale, then we will know better if it would survive a second season.
  15. May 15, 2012
    My favorite show. Grabs you right away. A new, unique, and wonderful plot line. Keeps you wanting more. If I could I would give it a 15 out of 10. Everyone should watch it, it's just that good :)
  16. May 20, 2012
    Everything is amazing about this show. Jason Isaacs is acting awesome. The plot is extraordinary. The colors are very artistic. Brilliant job NBC! I hope the show will continue. Because its one of the most original TV show.
  17. TTH
    May 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great show. Would have given it a ten but watched the last episode and the last 15 seconds were not good. I figured that the creators may have prepared in advanced for only one season and I feel like it was a wonderful build up to the last episode. But the way they crafted the resolution was poorly done to me. I figured they would employ a 'deus ex machina' to wrap it up but really..... in the middle of a session he 'consciously creates a third reality and is able to get up and walk through a door right into it. I just feel that this was too much of a cheat. Personally I was hoping if it had to end then maybe they would do the 'he is in a coma'. Or something else a bit more in keeping with feel of the show. Even if he had gone to sleep in the green and woke up in the new world I feel that would have been nicer and more in keeping with the character. I can accept that he could lie to himself at an unconscious level but to deliberately do it... he been going this whole time feeling that both realities were the truth. He gave one up when he got evidence that it was false. He has never deliberately created a lie and acted on it...
    Anyway wonderful series minus that last 15 seconds. Great lead actor and stellar supporting casts. Wish they had let it go for a few more episodes but it was excellent overall.
  18. May 28, 2012
    My daughter-in-law and I LOVE this show and we are both very upset that it has been cancelled! Based on what I've read from other's who have watched the show, I would think someone would have enough guts to give it another season. I am not home when the show airs, but I watch it on HuluPlus or ON Demand (via Comcast). This show is a TEN in my book.
  19. Jun 19, 2012
    I actively try NOT to get hooked on new programming, especially from NBC, but I was available for this pilot episode, and I was instantly intrigued. I looked forward to new episodes every week, but alas, the network gave it a terrible slot. I forget why I could not watch/tivo it. I think it was on at 8pm? too early. It's more of a 9 or 10pm type show. I actually made time to watch it on hulu. Too bad NBC can't recognize it's own (only) good programming. This is the network that messed with Leno, ruined Conan O'Brien, and cancelled Journey Man. I dislike so much I might have to miss the Olympics... Disappointed. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Apr 2, 2012
    Awake may be hard to categorize, but it's worth our attention.
    The cop stuff feels like it could be happening in any other NBC cop show; I kept expecting Prime Suspect's Maria Bello to show up in that cute hat. But given the originality on display, and the venue, those are minor complaints.
  3. Reviewed by: Chris Heller
    Mar 1, 2012
    The pilot's strength was neither accidental nor fleeting: Each subsequent episode has evocative moments that flirt with that early greatness, even if they're not as riveting.